Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes

DerbyTime!!! posted:

That's a completely silly-at-best oversimplification. It's a real thing that there are books and research about.

Oh sorry, my bad. I've only heard it being used by the online 'reaching-to-be-offended' crowd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DerbyTime!!!
Dec 17, 2002

by Y Kant Ozma Post
I don't blame you, that's one way it gets used, sure, but that's a more recent thing.

Paul Pot
Mar 4, 2010

by Y Kant Ozma Post

DerbyTime!!! posted:

That's a completely silly-at-best oversimplification. It's a real thing that there are books and research about.

about South Africa?

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?

NewtGoongrich posted:

Rogan likes to pretend that he gets along with and respects everybody (except Carlos Mencia). I'm sure in his mind he thinks this makes him some sort of aloof Zen master.

The more I watch his podcasts and his behavior the more I really get the notion that he definitely puts up a facade.

At his core he's still this really angry and too wired for his own good kid from Boston and it shows. Example, this is him before he started smoking his own body weight in weed. He's kind of a douche to put it politely.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CY_3bWoP1vI

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

How about how weird it was hearing him talk about how much he loving hates Robin Williams because of all of the alleged bit stealing he's done throughout the course of his entire career, then he showed up at one of his comedy shows this month(?) and was completely star-struck and said only nice things, what a legend he is, etc :wtc:

Hubcap Hal
Jun 20, 2003

I found it funny that the Dice podcast had the most shilling going on of any podcast so far. It was funny to hear him say he sold out the Garden twice, but every half hour Joe would mention Chicago, get your tickets.
That said there were funny parts, and I want Eleanor to come on by herself.

Demie
Apr 2, 2004

indoflaven posted:

Rape culture? What the gently caress is "rape culture" suppose to be? Pretty Kilstein is the only person using that term. He came off like he was just trying to be on a side. When there are none.

sounds like you didn't take the same womens' studies class that kilstein did. shame on you.

Calcaneus
Sep 12, 2010

indoflaven posted:

Rape culture? What the gently caress is "rape culture" suppose to be? Pretty Kilstein is the only person using that term. He came off like he was just trying to be on a side. When there are none.
That is pretty much everyone's reaction to the term "rape culture" when they first come upon it. Especially if the wrong person is using it. If you care enough, just read up on it. The idea is a lot more legitimate than the podcast presents it as.

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski

indoflaven posted:

"I haven't heard of this commonly accepted concept that exists so its the concept that's stupid and not me"

- Kurt Cobaib

DerbyTime!!!
Dec 17, 2002

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Really, I think we just ought to kill everyone older than me, and also everyone younger than me.

NewtGoongrich
Jan 21, 2012
I am a shit stain on the face of humanity, I have no compassion, only hatred, bile and lust.

PROUD SHIT STAIN
New title? JRE: [Trigger Warning] Rape is only funny at Olive Garden

diesiel
Aug 11, 2012

Chromatic posted:

The more I watch his podcasts and his behavior the more I really get the notion that he definitely puts up a facade.

At his core he's still this really angry and too wired for his own good kid from Boston and it shows. Example, this is him before he started smoking his own body weight in weed. He's kind of a douche to put it politely.

Joe rogan before all that HGH. Christ what a completely different human being.

Im still amazed at how big his head got.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

I can't believe I listened through that entire Kilstein episode. That last 40 mins was awful. His voice is so...effeminate. I imagine his wife would be pretty controlling?

cool guy :jerkbag:

SSJ2 Goku Wilders
Mar 24, 2010
Are you... serious?

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Oh yeah! Completely!!

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Chromatic posted:

Other than his age and the size of his head, how is he any different there than he is now?

I'm asking because I'm pretty sure his opinion on ball sports remains the same and I don't know if that necessarily makes him kind of a douche.

ZeroDays
Feb 11, 2007

the fuck you know about what i need on my mind mother fucker

AndyElusive posted:

I'm asking because I'm pretty sure his opinion on ball sports remains the same and I don't know if that necessarily makes him kind of a douche.

That anyone playing any kind of ball sport just wants to fight, and that through sublimation, this desire is instead manifested in a nice game of tennis or snooker? It's coming from the mouth of someone who themselves is (was?) ultra competitive and antagonistic and couldn't possibly envision that people competing against one another may not actually wish to knock each other's teeth out. It's also a comedian talking, so can be taken as a consciously over-the-top, heavily salted opinion without too much thought put in. But yeah, douchey as hell.

NewtGoongrich
Jan 21, 2012
I am a shit stain on the face of humanity, I have no compassion, only hatred, bile and lust.

PROUD SHIT STAIN
I finally got around to listening to that entire Kilstein episode and I can now firmly say that Kilstein is a complete idiot. Kilstein made rape jokes while talking about how rape jokes reinforce rape culture and then denied that contributing to rape culture contributes to rape, which was his entire argument against what Tosh said.

Also, Rogan's points about Kilstein challenging that right wing journalist to a duel were surprisingly good. I don't know what Kilstein thought he was accomplishing by picking a fight with a right wing journalist. He admitted he only did it because he knew Goldberg would not fight back and then he goes on to say how he could easily have beat up Goldberg. Anyway, later in the show Kilstein talked about some redneck threatening to beat him up over his opinions on the Iraq/Afghanistan war. Suddenly internet tough guy Jamie Kilstein decides that using violence to shut up someone who has different political beliefs is totally unacceptable.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
Yeah he's basically the scrappy doo of male feminists

DerbyTime!!!
Dec 17, 2002

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

Yeah he's basically the scrappy doo of male feminists

Hahahaha, well put.

JamMaster Flash
Dec 3, 2003

I have the next 8 hours to kill. I haven't heard Kilstein on...time to catch up.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
With Armstrong dying, I wonder if we'll get some more of Joe just asking questions about the Moon landing. :allears:

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
What I like about Joe's opinion on the moon landing is that even he admits that he's a retard for having it.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Les Stroud posted:

@joerogan hey joe. When r we gettin together to hang? I'm coming down there soon. Les Stroud; Survivorman

yes. Yes. YES!

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
Okay, that owns.

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski
Joe Rogan is going to talk at him about sasquatch maybe existing for 2 hours :sigh:

indoflaven
Dec 10, 2009
I think Rogan admitted to taking small doses of HGH didn't he? Makes me wonder what my head is gonna look like in 15 years. Why not just not talk about rape? It's loving creepy and not interesting.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

indoflaven posted:

I think Rogan admitted to taking small doses of HGH didn't he? Makes me wonder what my head is gonna look like in 15 years. Why not just not talk about rape? It's loving creepy and not interesting.

He takes HGH and a cream form of testosterone.

diesiel
Aug 11, 2012
dont forget the thyroid

well why not
Feb 10, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 47 minutes!

Bohemian Nights posted:

What I like about Joe's opinion on the moon landing is that even he admits that he's a retard for having it.

He's almost there on Sasquatch as well. He's almost listened to pretty much everyone in his life calling him an idiot. Including loving Redban.

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"
I think sasquatch is not a matter of fact for Joe but desire. A bipedal ape man stalking the northwest is his santa claus.

Sock The Great
Oct 1, 2006

It's Lonely At The Top. But It's Comforting To Look Down Upon Everyone At The Bottom
Grimey Drawer
I'm looking forward to 25 years from now where Joe is the new Ted Nugent.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

Sock The Great posted:

I'm looking forward to 25 years from now where Joe is the new Ted Nugent.

Joe loves Ted Nugent despite knowing nothing about him.

Well you can say that about lots of stuff that Joe likes.

Sock The Great
Oct 1, 2006

It's Lonely At The Top. But It's Comforting To Look Down Upon Everyone At The Bottom
Grimey Drawer
I'd agree with him that a reality show where Tee Nugent shoots pigs from a helicopter would be amazing.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

An oldie but a goodie
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_oU935xTZw

Just realised that the robot has fleshlights for hands.

NewtGoongrich
Jan 21, 2012

PROUD SHIT STAIN

Xguard86 posted:

I think sasquatch is not a matter of fact for Joe but desire. A bipedal ape man stalking the northwest is his santa claus.

He seems to really want to believe all sorts of crazy conspiracy theories/pseudoscientific poo poo. What I like about him is that unlike hardcore conspiracy theorists/junk science advocates he can be persuaded. Also, his constant admissions that he's probably an idiot for believing the things he does are remarkably self-aware.

DerbyTime!!!
Dec 17, 2002

by Y Kant Ozma Post

NewtGoongrich posted:

He seems to really want to believe all sorts of crazy conspiracy theories/pseudoscientific poo poo. What I like about him is that unlike hardcore conspiracy theorists/junk science advocates he can be persuaded. Also, his constant admissions that he's probably an idiot for believing the things he does are remarkably self-aware.

Yeah, this is all true and it makes it all the more sad when privilege of any kind comes up he gets super defensive about being successful and they seem to be pretty much the only topics he does that about.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I just made a Kale shake for the hell of it. This is impossible to imbibe.

Demie
Apr 2, 2004

AltronHGX posted:

I just made a Kale shake for the hell of it. This is impossible to imbibe.

oh, you mean HULK'S LOADS?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"

DerbyTime!!! posted:

Yeah, this is all true and it makes it all the more sad when privilege of any kind comes up he gets super defensive about being successful and they seem to be pretty much the only topics he does that about.

I would imagine its always hard to justify (even to yourself) why you've got like 20 million dollars and didn't cure cancer or found a business. He probably feels kind of weird about it himself.