Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

The MSJ posted:

That's the last place I expect to see a Dreamworks Face.

Hey, lay off him man. He's just gone through rigorous deprogramming or something and he obviously suffered a stroke in the process.

I also like that Dolph Lundgren's AK is photoshopped in in such a way that it looks like he has to be lightly cradling it in one arm. Also the gun looks like it's turned slightly towards the viewer while the clip is straight-on from the side. At least they added the generic stock fireball effect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

zenintrude posted:

Allow me to interrupt this horror/pronunciation/nationality clusterfuck with a new poster!

:smug:

JCVD's got a Donnie Darko smirk going on there.

DKWildz
Jan 7, 2002
Can I sneak a TV show in?

DKWildz fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Sep 13, 2012

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Tewratomeh posted:

Hey, lay off him man. He's just gone through rigorous deprogramming or something and he obviously suffered a stroke in the process.

Maybe I'm losing my mind, but he looks more like Henry Gibson to me in that poster than he does JCVD:

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
I think these are in order from bad to worse, but it's kind of hard to tell past a certain point.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Ah yes the famous "black comedian has a confused look on his face" that I'm pretty sure is on the poster for every Martin Lawrence movie ever made.

e: good lord i've been fixated on Lawrence's face all these years but there are so many other terrible things about that poster

Yodzilla fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Sep 13, 2012

Forktoss
Feb 13, 2012

I'm OK, you're so-so
Ooh Papyrus, classy.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

I feel like "Comically Bewildered" would not be my reaction if I had a gun pointed at my penis.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Forktoss posted:

Ooh Papyrus, classy.

I was just going to say I didn't realize this was a middle-school book report in 1994.

Glamorama26
Sep 14, 2011

All it comes down to is this: I feel like shit, but look great.

Akuma posted:

It's worse than mediocre. I loved the first one and went to the premiere of the second in London, and was utterly baffled that it got a standing ovation at the end. It's pretty terrible.

Look at those douchebags.

Love the first as well, but my God, the 2nd is one of the preachiest, flat out DUMB movies I've ever seen. Also, none of them are a hair on Kiriyama's emotionally dead rear end. Riki Takeuchi deciding to chew all the scenery is worth a look though.

AndyP
Nov 7, 2011

Yodzilla posted:

Ah yes the famous "black comedian has a confused look on his face" that I'm pretty sure is on the poster for every Martin Lawrence movie ever made.

e: good lord i've been fixated on Lawrence's face all these years but there are so many other terrible things about that poster

The tagline breaks the "Don't remind people of a better movie in your piece of crap" rule.

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
but then again so are you

Darthemed posted:

I think these are in order from bad to worse, but it's kind of hard to tell past a certain point.

I just now discovered that this is a different movie than Operation Dumbo Drop. I remember seeing it when I was little I couldn't remember the name so when I heard "Dumbo Drop" my brain filled in the blanks.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I distinctly remember reading a comic where the tagline for Lost and Found was "One of these dogs must be spade". Three thoughts:

1)Why did they think somebody reading an X-Men comic would go see a romantic comedy starring David Spade?

2)I am genuinely not sure if that tagline is better or worse than the one posted previously, in that they may be equally lovely.

3) Who did Spade blow to convince he was a leading man? I mean, I used to like Hollywood Minute on SNL too, and that burn on Eddie Murphy is one of the harshest jokes I've ever seen anybody get away with on SNL, but that does not equal box office.

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Sep 14, 2012

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Mr Wind Up Bird posted:

I just now discovered that this is a different movie than Operation Dumbo Drop. I remember seeing it when I was little I couldn't remember the name so when I heard "Dumbo Drop" my brain filled in the blanks.
Now I am reminded of Operation Dumbo Drop, oh memories of watching that movie over and over as a kid :allears: come to think of it that movie was a little dark and had a good cast.

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

Never cross an introvert.

Not that there aren't other things wrong with this one, but how is Tyra staying in that position? how?

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Tupping Liberty posted:

Not that there aren't other things wrong with this one, but how is Tyra staying in that position? how?

Her training has paid off.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Tupping Liberty posted:

Looking at it a bit more closely, it looks like she's actually merged with French Stewart into some kind of unholy, worm-like abomination.

And Bill Bellamy just can't believe that poo poo.

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

Never cross an introvert.

Tewratomeh posted:

Looking at it a bit more closely, it looks like she's actually merged with French Stewart into some kind of unholy, worm-like abomination.

And Bill Bellamy just can't believe that poo poo.

Seeing as French Stewart is basically stuck in my mind as his character from 3rd Rock, I am now picturing Tyra lecturing a model by telling her to smize and Harry squinting at her to show how it's done, so thanks for that mental image...

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
What is it with lovely covers for Bluray releases of older movies? Just look at this. There is nothing iconic 'DREDD' being used, not even the helmet. The ridiculously plain background used... I mean if I didn't have a soft spot for the movie 'STALLONE JUDGE DREDD' I wouldn't even buy it :colbert:

Also, what's wrong with your arm, man?!

Friggin' look at that arm!

It reminds me of that terrible van graffiti version of this picture:

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

I've only seen that movie once but I remember it being bad but not in a good Demolition Man sort of way.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Mister Chief posted:

I've only seen that movie once but I remember it being bad but not in a good Demolition Man sort of way.

The only good parts of Judge Dredd were:

1. Stallone and Armond Assante chewing the fat in nearly every scene they're in.

2. The costume design.

3. The soundtrack.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Gonz posted:

1. Stallone and Armond Assante chewing the fat in nearly every scene they're in.

2. The costume design.

3. The soundtrack.

You forgot :siren:THE LAW:siren:.

Mike From Nowhere
Jan 31, 2007

I guess there has to be one thing I just can't help, Lois.
Rob Schneider makes fun of how Stallone says "I Am The Law!" in the middle of the movie itself. If your lead actor can't say the character's signature phrase without people laughing at him, maybe you miscast.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

zenintrude posted:

Allow me to interrupt this horror/pronunciation/nationality clusterfuck with a new poster!

:smug:

Ah, man, that's a lovely poster. I kinda wish they went with the trailer spoiling the big surprise JCVD is the bad guy and shows up in ghostface in the climax . I mean, a poster with that face in the center, with the reflection of Dolph in one eye and Adkins in the other would have been killer.

Peanut President posted:

Also, the kickass ABC Warrior robot, which should have gotten more screen time and pulped Rob Schneider.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Peanut President posted:

LAAAAAAAWWWWWWW

Gynocentric Regime fucked around with this message at 07:50 on Sep 14, 2012

AndyP
Nov 7, 2011

Dissapointed Owl posted:

What is it with lovely covers for Bluray releases of older movies? Just look at this. There is nothing iconic 'DREDD' being used, not even the helmet. The ridiculously plain background used... I mean if I didn't have a soft spot for the movie 'STALLONE JUDGE DREDD' I wouldn't even buy it :colbert:

Also, what's wrong with your arm, man?!

Friggin' look at that arm!

It reminds me of that terrible van graffiti version of this picture:

I dunno, when you put it that way, it kinda fits the movie.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Peanut President posted:

LAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Gonz posted:

2. The costume design.

3. The soundtrack.

The first ten minutes were spot on. Then Stallone took off his helmet and spoke.

Do not allow memories of Judge Dredd to stop you going to see Dredd 3D.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

I might be interested in Dredd 3D if it didn't have 3D in the title.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Jedit posted:

The first ten minutes were spot on. Then Stallone took off his helmet and spoke.

I saw it last week at a sneak peek screening. It was incredible. I expected it to be; I wasn't disappointed. The 3D scenes were spot-on.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

Mister Chief posted:

I might be interested in Dredd 3D if it didn't have 3D in the title.

Dre3D

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Dr3Dd

edit:
Professor Clumsy's review says to just go see the non-3D version. It's fantastic anyway.

I hope it'll be fantastic on Blu-ray.

The MSJ fucked around with this message at 09:31 on Sep 14, 2012

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Jedit posted:

Yup, the opening pan across the city and the street-level stuff was pretty much perfectly lifted from the comics; I'm looking forward to the new Dredd but I don't think it'll top that particular bit of world design.

Aannd then 'I knew you'd say that!' :bang:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Gonz posted:

2. The costume design.

3. The soundtrack.

My "favorite" part of that movie is how its a big plot point that Stallone and Assante are identical clones. Despite, you know, looking absolutely nothing alike.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

muscles like this? posted:

My "favorite" part of that movie is how its a big plot point that Stallone and Assante are identical clones. Despite, you know, looking absolutely nothing alike.

What are you talking about? I can't tell them apart!

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

muscles like this? posted:

Were they actually supposed to be identical clones? I thought it was just that they were both genetically engineered from the same "parent" Judges DNA.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Were they actually supposed to be identical clones? I thought it was just that they were both genetically engineered from the same "parent" Judges DNA.

Nope, identical. That's why Rico could frame Dredd using his gun. They DNA stamped every bullet and since he had the same DNA it looked like Dredd did it. Although now I think about it that doesn't make any sense, what about other identical twin Judges? Or the fact that Rico USED to be a judge, shouldn't they have HIS DNA on file as well and it should have popped up too?

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

It kind of looks like they used Armand Assante as a stand-in for Bill Murray on that elephant movie poster.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They could have pulled it off if it was Hank Azaria instead of Stallone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Gonz posted:

LAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

I honestly think they should have left Dredd's helmet on for that movie, since Stallone's lower jaw does all his acting anyway.