Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Wreck-It Ralph poster. Featuring more than a few characters from real video games. I guess they're really promoting all those cameos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

If they call Robotnik Eggman I'm walking out of the theatre.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
Purple Rhino and Purple Snake?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Dissapointed Owl posted:

Purple Rhino looks like

to me.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Dissapointed Owl posted:

Stage 4 boss from Altered Beast and the enemies from Q*bert respectively.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Those are some pretty deep cuts.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Mister Chief posted:

Another problem is Qbert and Sonic are both on that poster despite not being the villains of their games. Unless you accept the Q*Bert is actually the most aggressive tagger in existence and Sonic takes rings due to an willful ignorance of property rights.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Mister Chief posted:

They can't all be for the Hot Topic t-shirt crowd.

Really wish Disney would have gone balls deep and had the games that Ralph travels through be actual titles instead of Hero's Duty and whatever that Candyland thing is.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Jedit posted:

The first ten minutes were spot on. Then Stallone took off his helmet and spoke.

Do not allow memories of Judge Dredd to stop you going to see Dredd 3D.

Wasn't James Remar in the beginning sequence? He's great and I was bummed that he only got like 20 seconds of screen time.

BLOCK WAR!

EDIT: Wow, he didn't even get a credit for it. Makes me want to watch 48 Hrs. again.

Rogue1-and-a-half
Mar 7, 2011

That is unreal. Presumably the movie itself would explain why there is a cat swinging at the main character on a rope? Or perhaps not. I think I'll just go with that it's not referenced in the movie at all and they just thought it would really make the poster pop if they tied an ugly cat up by its underarms and then swung it at somebody's face.

EDIT: Looking at it again, it's not swinging at her face. That cat is clearly getting ready to splatter all over that woman's rack. What. The. gently caress.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

muscles like this? posted:

Nope, identical. That's why Rico could frame Dredd using his gun. They DNA stamped every bullet and since he had the same DNA it looked like Dredd did it. Although now I think about it that doesn't make any sense, what about other identical twin Judges? Or the fact that Rico USED to be a judge, shouldn't they have HIS DNA on file as well and it should have popped up too?

But also at the same time, they each had the good and bad genes, or am I thinking of Twins?

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Carthag posted:

But also at the same time, they each had the good and bad genes, or am I thinking of Twins?

They were both clones of Max Von Sydow's character, Judge Fargo.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
Also that comes from the comics. It is too bad they did not use Ricos real design

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One

Barudak posted:

Another problem is Qbert and Sonic are both on that poster despite not being the villains of their games. Unless you accept the Q*Bert is actually the most aggressive tagger in existence and Sonic takes rings due to an willful ignorance of property rights.

Zangief isn't a villain is his game either which is why it's unusual for him to be in the support group. Are we still thinking Communists=Bad ?

Apr 4, 2004

by T. Finninho
Is there a movie with more wasted potential than this one? It owns so hard in the beginning when Murray is a motivational speaker and then everything after that no longer owns.

microwave casserole
Jul 5, 2005

my god, what are you doing
Do kids today know who Q-Bert is? Hell, do they know what a video game arcade is?

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,

Island Nation posted:

Zangief isn't a villain is his game either which is why it's unusual for him to be in the support group. Are we still thinking Communists=Bad ?

He's basically the lovechild of Clubber Lang and Ivan Drago (only, you know, a wrestler) so I can see how he's been transitioned into a de facto "bad guy"

microwave casserole posted:

Do kids today know who Q-Bert is? Hell, do they know what a video game arcade is?

I was born in the 80s... can you please explain this Beatles thing to me? I have no idea what it's all about.

testtubebaby fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Sep 14, 2012

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
I'm pretty sure Sonic is just a cameo, he isn't even "in" the movie like the other characters. Disney must be stuck in the 90s if they think kids are going to go "HOLY poo poo IT'S SONIC" when they'll probably go "who's the blue retard?".

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Peanut President posted:

I'm pretty sure Sonic is just a cameo, he isn't even "in" the movie like the other characters. Disney must be stuck in the 90s if they think kids are going to go "HOLY poo poo IT'S SONIC" when they'll probably go "who's the blue retard?".

I take it you're not aware of the Sonic fandom. Please let me direct you to the Sonic the Hedgehog fanon wikia, where

Apr 4, 2004

by T. Finninho

microwave casserole posted:

Surely there is an ironic Q-Bert hot topic t shirt, so I would think so.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,

Peanut President posted:

Sonic games still come out and they still sell. The best Sonic game since Sonic Adventure (90s, woo!) came out fairly recently and you should totally play it; it's called Sonic Generations and it's actually good!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Carthag posted:

Nah, that's definitely Twins.

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Big D is chillin' over here
Wasteland style

Carthag posted:

That's Metal Gear.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Island Nation posted:

He was a bad guy in the Street Fighter cartoon v:shobon:v

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,

Carthag posted:

Ominous Jazz posted:

That's Metal Gear.

testtubebaby fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Sep 14, 2012

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
I really need to sit down and watch that start to finish one of these days.

Suzuki Method
Mar 12, 2012

Yodzilla posted:

I really need to sit down and watch that start to finish one of these days.

You are a braver soul than I.

Professor Clumsy
Sep 12, 2008

It is a while still till Sunrise - and in the daytime I sleep, my dear fellow, I sleep the very deepest of sleeps...

Mister Chief posted:

I might be interested in Dredd 3D if it didn't have 3D in the title.

It actually doesn't. The official title is the one that appears on screen, in this case "Dredd". I agree it is a stupid way to market the film though.

HoldYourFire
Oct 16, 2006

What's the time? It's DEFCON 1!

Professor Clumsy posted:

The official title is the one that appears on screen, in this case "Dredd".

It's not official unless it's signed by David Cooke.

DNS
Mar 11, 2009

by Smythe
http://twitpic.com/a5q6dr

This is hilarious if you've seen Kenny Lonergan's MARGARET.

Kaveman
Jul 25, 2009

NEVER!!!

Blu-Ray cover for Enemy at the Gates....

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

There's a lot wrong with that, but my eye keeps going back to the three soldiers in the left background and thinking they are all dancing.

tokidoki
Feb 23, 2006

Damn bunnies!

Is the answer supposed to be hockey?

f#a#
Sep 6, 2004

I can't promise it will live up to the hype, but I tried my best.

Kaveman posted:

Blu-Ray cover for Enemy at the Gates....

Both of them appear to be looking at the DP thinking "are you serious?" That aside, I don't see how anybody would call Saving Private Ryan "triumphant." What a terrible choice of words.

Here, have a Martin Ansin poster for Looper:

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!

f#a# posted:

Both of them appear to be looking at the DP thinking "are you serious?" That aside, I don't see how anybody would call Saving Private Ryan "triumphant." What a terrible choice of words.

Here, have a Martin Ansin poster for Looper:

This is gorgeous

Apr 4, 2004

by T. Finninho

This owns.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost
I'm pretty sure this has been posted before, but I'm still wondering how the gently caress anybody rationalizes signing off on this.

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003
IS IT WRONG THAT I ONCE WROTE A HORROR STORY ABOUT THE BUDDIES? YOU KNOW, THE TALKING PUPPIES?

Dillbag posted:

I'm pretty sure this has been posted before, but I'm still wondering how the gently caress anybody rationalizes signing off on this.

The whole poster almost looks like a pitch someone is making to a studio for an idea for a movie.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

It's Taken...with money. Boom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

zenintrude posted:

Sonic games still come out and they still sell. The best Sonic game since Sonic Adventure (90s, woo!) came out fairly recently and you should totally play it; it's called Sonic Generations and it's actually good!

I have and I loved it but how many 8 year olds know what Sonic is compared to when we were 8? They're all about the Halos and the Cods and the Massive Fecs or whatever.