Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?
They better have Howard Kremer on the rap podcast

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Has anyone heard the dad podcast yet? I love Dave Koechner, but Jeff Ulrich gives me douche chills.

I dunno if you can really get too much out of Love Dad without a kid, but it's pleasant enough to go through my ears during work.

I'm really curious about the Macaulay Culkin show.

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Hands raw with high fives.

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Has anyone heard the dad podcast yet? I love Dave Koechner, but Jeff Ulrich gives me douche chills.

Yeah, I gave it a try and I am totally uninterested in hearing that guy say anything. Plus while it's kind of cool to hear Jimmy and Matt talk about dad stuff for a few minutes once in a while on Never Not Funny followed by an hour of comedy, just a full on podcast of nothing but dadchat is super boring.
If it was two comedians, or even a comedian and a parenting expert, I'd give it more leeway. (I am a dad by the way, so this could be something useful to me)

Edit: Also, I'm a little intrigued by the "Yo, is this Racist?" podcast but I wonder how long the daily format is going to last. Eardrop is totally gone now. Affirmation Nation is down to 3 days a week, even though it was always like a 3 minute thing.

Greggy fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Sep 11, 2012

TransatlanticFoe
Mar 1, 2003

Hell Gem

Greggy posted:

Affirmation Nation is down to 3 days a week, even though it was always like a 3 minute thing.

And there hasn't been a new episode since February.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

im so excited for the DnD podcast!!!!

ohshititsric
Jul 17, 2009

Politicalrancor posted:

im so excited for the DnD podcast!!!!

So very excited. I've listened to a few recorded DnD podcasts but they always sound like they took place in a wind tunnel behind a waterfall. Hopefully with earwolf's actual standards of production we'll get something real good.

Lugaloco
Jun 29, 2011

Ice to see you!

Chipping in to say I too am extremely excited for the DnD podcast series. I've never played the thing myself (or anything remotely like it), but surely the concept is just rich with comedy gold. I mean, Community did an excellent job of making an entire episode revolve around it, so I'm expecting this to be even better.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

ohshititsric posted:

So very excited. I've listened to a few recorded DnD podcasts but they always sound like they took place in a wind tunnel behind a waterfall. Hopefully with earwolf's actual standards of production we'll get something real good.

As much as it pains me, I really enjoyed Penny Arcade's DnD podcast, and those guys aren't nearly as funny as the line up for Nerd Poker. I look forward to seeing you guys in the eventual thread!

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Har Mar's podcast is up on Presents.
Macaulay might be the least interesting man on earth.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

I know who is going to be on tomorrows cbb.

Amy Poehler, Jason Mantzoukas and James Adomian

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
... and a cardboard Reggie Watts.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Politicalrancor posted:

I know who is going to be on tomorrows cbb.

Amy Poehler, Jason Mantzoukas and James Adomian

Freestyle rap battle :aaa:

Oh my god Adomian is doing Tom Leykus :aaaaa:

Conduit for Sale! fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Sep 17, 2012

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

I hope this episode is as amazing as it sounds.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

12 Emmy issues of EW and Binging on Google right out of the gate. Time to buckle up.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Gonna go ahead and assume this was taped before the announcement about Poehler's divorce given Jason makes a divorce joke like five minutes in, haha.

edit: annnnd right into self-analyzing their obsessions with destructive relationships

Super No Vacancy fucked around with this message at 08:50 on Sep 17, 2012

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

epitasis posted:

Gonna go ahead and assume this was taped before the announcement about Poehler's divorce given Jason makes a divorce joke like five minutes in, haha.

edit: annnnd right into self-analyzing their obsessions with destructive relationships

I believe it was taped on Friday.

EDIT: Hahahaha, "Jungle Condoms, when you go so far deep into that pussy you know you're not coming out civilized."

X-O fucked around with this message at 09:02 on Sep 17, 2012

cams
Mar 28, 2003

"Speed Round" is the greatest feature on the show. gently caress off, "Would You Rather?"

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

cams posted:

"Speed Round" is the greatest feature on the show. gently caress off, "Would You Rather?"

Someone seems to have forgotten Plugs. :colbert:

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
I love this Adomian character, not for what he's saying, but the way he's saying it. It's such a funny sound.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

He did the Tom Leykis character a little on The Todd Glass Show if you wanna hear more

Also wow Condom Jungle is a real thing and his website really is blowmeuptom.com

Help Im Alive fucked around with this message at 14:27 on Sep 17, 2012

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches
The Tom Leykis on the Todd Glass Show was even . . .zanier, i guess, than the one on CBB today, it's a great episode (there really aren't many bad episodes of TGS).

CBB today was awesome, i really wish Scott and Jason did a miniseries like Analyze Phish because them together is hilarious, maybe my favorite combo in all of podcasting.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?

Cast No Engine posted:

CBB today was awesome, i really wish Scott and Jason did a miniseries like Analyze Phish because them together is hilarious, maybe my favorite combo in all of podcasting.

Scott, before we go on, let me just say great question

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
Jason is very good at remembering jokes, which makes him fit very well with this show's format. He's one of my favorite guests.

And Amy is always adorable, I will watch or listen to her on anything.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

The Gerard Depardieu jokes absolutely killed me, especially Amy's very quick "Depar-don't."

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Awesome Ep.

By the time I get done with you, you won't even be allowed to have a cell phone.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Worst Case Ontario posted:

The Gerard Depardieu jokes absolutely killed me, especially Amy's very quick "Depar-don't."

Depar-maybe?

Doctor Candiru
Dec 23, 2004
Umbrella Monkey Sand

Mr. Squishy posted:

I love this Adomian character, not for what he's saying, but the way he's saying it. It's such a funny sound.
It's like he's underwater. I have no idea why it's so funny.

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

Doctor Candiru posted:

It's like he's underwater. I have no idea why it's so funny.

He's basically saying exactly what Lekyis says on his radio show, but in a more exaggerated way.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

I am fairly certain that Adomian was doing that thing where you place your index finger on your lips and move it up and down.

Doctor Candiru
Dec 23, 2004
Umbrella Monkey Sand

cams posted:

I am fairly certain that Adomian was doing that thing where you place your index finger on your lips and move it up and down.
I actually think he was just flailing his tongue periodically when speaking. Either way, it was a funny sound.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Adomian's Tom Leykis is funny but I kinda think it needed to go somewhere crazier, because mostly it was pretty close to what Leykis actually says (or used to say).

Maarak
May 23, 2007

"Go for it!"

Conduit for Sale! posted:

Adomian's Tom Leykis is funny but I kinda think it needed to go somewhere crazier, because mostly it was pretty close to what Leykis actually says (or used to say).

Listen to his episodes of the Todd Glass show, where he takes his Leykis up a few notches.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Maarak posted:

Listen to his episodes of the Todd Glass show, where he takes his Leykis up a few notches.

Yeah I've listened to his 2 eps many times. He's my favorite guest on that show along with PFT and Chelsea Peretti.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

The best part was Amy laughing every time to Adomian going off on some tangent. Also I can listen to Jason Mantzoukas all day every day.

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

Politicalrancor posted:

The best part was Amy laughing every time to Adomian going off on some tangent.

Pretty much everybody was cracking up all episode. I loved it.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

Max22 posted:

Pretty much everybody was cracking up all episode. I loved it.

I love when you can hear Adomian's laugh in the background, even before his character's been introduced.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
Amy was just incredible in the speed round. She was so fast that it almost sounded like it was scripted :aaa:.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
Jason always makes for an amazing episode
"If possible, could you play very loud techno music in my ear while you're doing this?"

I'm choosing to believe Amy is just that good at improv for that segment (but it was probably scripted).

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Hsien-Ko posted:

He did the Tom Leykis character a little on The Todd Glass Show if you wanna hear more

Also wow Condom Jungle is a real thing and his website really is blowmeuptom.com

His site has tons of ads for divorce lawyers too. I guess Adomian wasn't exaggerating much at all there.

That episode was hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
Of course it was scripted