Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

This Gnosticism stuff is absolutely fascinating. I'm kind of surprised at how well it matches up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brainSnakes
Jul 11, 2011

I'd never save you in a million years

Captain Oblivious posted:

Gamzee looks like he might be seriously kicking the bucket this time.

okay here's my bet.

caliborn saunters up to gamzee like he's gonna shoot him again. hussie makes some noise about how he needs the clown to win, that if he shoots gamzee he's loving doomed to failure. caliborn shoots anyway, and goes tumut tumut tumut tumut as gamzee finally for real dies.

dead rear end gamzee shows up in the dream bubbles, religiously disillusioned, and then helps take down his former idol caliborn! most important character in homestuck.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."
My dog used to do that.

Also, four keys, four kids. :ohdear:

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.
Has anything ruled out the possibility that Lord English was a previous iteration of Caliborn from a failed session and that the one we're seeing now is a separate entity?

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
I get the feeling the when Hussie says he has no idea how Gamzee got here or what he's doing, he means it. He hasn't actually figured out how Gamzee gets from point A to point B yet.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

Ariong posted:

No she isn't. An alternate version of her is a player from another session, but the lovely rear end in a top hat who's loving everything up is not.

No, she is. She's the same person, just arriving in post scratch alternia. Its like the post scratch version of rose. She isn't one of the heroes but she still has powers and what not.

Trash Ops
Jun 19, 2012

im having fun, isnt everyone else?

Caliborn is the worst character on the worst planet. This intermission is pretty much garbage.

Cthulhuchan
Nov 10, 2005

Rose: Sip martini thoughtfully.

Such as this one.

Just a tiny sip couldn't hurt...
All these terrible words keep tumbling out of your shouthole. It's kind of distressing, really.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Sherrard posted:

Caliborn is the worst character on the worst planet. This intermission is pretty much garbage.

Your OPINIONS are garbage. :mad: Caliborn owns, Gamzee getting brutally eviscerated by bullets and crowbars owns, The Land of lovely Statues and lovely Statues owns. Everything owns.

Well Manicured Man posted:

SBURB OST is finally out guys! I was away from my internet when the initial planning for the album was being done so I couldn't be a part of it, but a ton of my friends and fellow Homestuck fanmusicians, many of whom were on coloUrs and mayhem with me, were, so you should all give it a look-see! Also, one of my fan musician colleagues is planning to play through the entire album on Audiosurf and stream it on Livestream at 8:30 EST.

Especially this, this owns bones. All the bones. All of them.

Makes me really want a SBURB MMO or something.

Pyradox
Oct 23, 2012

...some kind of monster, I think.

Technique posted:

Makes me really want a SBURB MMO or something.
I want a Sburb Roguelike. Something like Binding of Isaac but the items you get are applied to enemies instead of you.

Trash Ops
Jun 19, 2012

im having fun, isnt everyone else?

Technique posted:

Your OPINIONS are garbage. :mad: Caliborn owns, Gamzee getting brutally eviscerated by bullets and crowbars owns, The Land of lovely Statues and lovely Statues owns. Everything owns.

Why would you wish this on a good character like Gamzee instead of someone like Horuss.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Sprite141 posted:

No, she is. She's the same person, just arriving in post scratch alternia. Its like the post scratch version of rose. She isn't one of the heroes but she still has powers and what not.
She would have been duplicated already from the scratch in the troll universe. I don't think that affects her ability to do the same again in the kid universe.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

So what I'm getting from this update is that Sburb's single-player campaign has a broken difficulty curve and you can't beat it properly unless you're playing co-op.

You can tell it never got out of beta, huh

Cthulhuchan
Nov 10, 2005

Rose: Sip martini thoughtfully.

Such as this one.

Just a tiny sip couldn't hurt...
Nah, just secret nightmare hardcore mode.

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

TG: if i were you i would just take that fucking devilbeast out behind the woodshed and blow its head off
As interesting as all this new information is, there is something slightly unsettling to me, from a story-telling perspective, about the author-avatar being the one doing a plot-dump of things we don't know yet 'in-story.' It feels like cheating.

Current meta-extravaganza notwithstanding.

senseinobu
Jul 28, 2008

Suaimhneas posted:

So what I'm getting from this update is that Sburb's single-player campaign has a broken difficulty curve and you can't beat it properly unless you're playing co-op.

I more see as something similar to Earthbound's copy protection where tons more enemies would spawn.

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW

Technique posted:

The loss rear end

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Suaimhneas posted:

Not surprising, given that the beta is glitchier than the alpha.

Call Now posted:

The loss rear end

This is the second Ctrl-Alt-Del allusion in the last few pages. And Tim Buckley recently scratched his comic.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Cthulhuchan posted:

Nah, just secret nightmare hardcore mode.

More games need to include this kind of ridiculous reverse rubber-banding where killing your team mates and/or NPCs doesn't simply make the game harder by virtue of you no longer having their help, but actively kicks the difficulty up a notch to punish you for being an rear end in a top hat, if only because it will never not be hilarious to watch the Eridans and Caliborns of gaming struggle without realising why.

BlueInkAlchemist
Apr 17, 2012

"He's also known as 'BlueInkAlchemist'."
"Who calls him that?"
"Himself, mostly."

Cat Mattress posted:

This is the second Ctrl-Alt-Del allusion in the last few pages. And Tim Buckley recently scratched his comic.

With someone else building something better with the same name, even.

The new CAD person is the Beta universe Buckley. So hopefully, you know, less horrid of a human being.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Cat Mattress posted:

Oh wow he actually did.

SwimmingSpider
Jan 3, 2008

Jön, jön, jön a vizipók.
Várják már a tólakók.
Ez a kis pók ügyes búvár.
Sok új kaland is még rá vár.
Speaking of, the fan adventure just updated, and I have to admit, I love me some sylladex antics.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Sherrard posted:

Why would you wish this on a good character like Gamzee instead of someone like Horuss.

Because it's hilarious, and you are literally the only person who disagrees. Even the author thinks it's hilarious. You are the first person on the internet to ever hold a completely unique opinion. You hold an opinion which everyone disputes. you are the star. its you

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Sherrard posted:

Look, Gamzee is probably the second best troll but him getting shot up is still really loving funny.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Although, it would be even more hilariously inexplicable if Horuss showed up in Caliborn's world.

Scale Model Giant
Jan 19, 2009
Well we are still waiting on the horses. Hussie promised us horses.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Look, Gamzee is probably the second best troll but him getting shot up is still really loving funny.

Equius, Horuss, Meenah, and Vriska still all exist so I don't know how you got second here.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

senseinobu posted:

I more see as something similar to Earthbound's copy protection where tons more enemies would spawn.

Get to the Black King fight and the Battlefield just spontaneously explodes.

And even if you're God Tier it's a Just death, you dirty rotten pirate/cheater. :colbert:

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Cabbit posted:

Equius, Horuss, Meenah, and Vriska still all exist so I don't know how you got second here.

Equius and Horuss are only funny the first time. poo poo got oldddd.

Vriska and Meenah occupy third and fourth place respectively. Karkat is still the best troll.

SwimmingSpider
Jan 3, 2008

Jön, jön, jön a vizipók.
Várják már a tólakók.
Ez a kis pók ügyes búvár.
Sok új kaland is még rá vár.
Horuss, maybe, but I will not have such slander against Equius.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Equius and Horuss are only funny the first time. poo poo got oldddd.

Horuss is only funny the first time. Equius is still great. His character has more notes than the weird fetish thing.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

To ride this joke to death, that's a funny way you have of spelling Vriska there, chief. :colbert:

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

STILL THE BEST

Arthur Crackpot
Sep 4, 2011

Proceed in a str8 line shaped like a perpetually shifting torus knot until you feel a sense of despair transcending all mortal comprehension, then hang a right at the next octopus, she'll be in the first room on the left
Trying to pick a favorite Troll is like trying to decide which of your children to save from a burning building. Of course, some of those children are irredeemable little shits who the world would be better off without, so that narrows the list down some.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Hey man Tavros isn't that lame, be cool. :mad:

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

:coolfish:

CuddlyZombie posted:

Hey man Tavros isn't that lame, be cool. :mad:

socks with sandals, man

Midnight Raider
Apr 26, 2010

Cat Mattress posted:

Horuss is only funny the first time. Equius is still great. His character has more notes than the weird fetish thing.

It still struck me as pretty wowing that Hussie dismissed Equius as one-note, when given his various interactions he was still more compelling than even lead characters in other stories I've seen. Which says something about Hussie's writing.

And then Horuss is basically what Equius would be if he really, REALLY didn't have any development, as Hussie himself more or less admits.

Feranon posted:

socks with sandals, man

I'll admit, if I had to save my own children from a fire and had to determine the order in which I'd carry them to safety, the one who wears socks with sandals might be shuffled to the end of the line.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Ohtsam posted:

Has anything ruled out the possibility that Lord English was a previous iteration of Caliborn from a failed session and that the one we're seeing now is a separate entity?

Doubtful. Hussie wouldn't be meddling so much unless it were to make sure the timeline didn't get all messed up. He has to ensure that Caliborn becomes Doc Scratch.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Lizard Wizard posted:

Doubtful. Hussie wouldn't be meddling so much unless it were to make sure the timeline didn't get all messed up. He has to ensure that Caliborn becomes Doc Scratch.

This reminds me; I hope there's a flash that shows how either Caliborn/Lord English becomes Doc Scratch, or how LE channels himself into the universe through him. And since English is roughly the same song when you play it in reverse, just have that be the flash song, just to drive the point home.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."
So Sburb is stacking itself entirely against a mentally handicapped child. He's a petulant little poo poo, but gently caress if I don't want to see the lil' fella pull through and rain death and misery upon all existence. :3: