Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

LordPants posted:

Yup, that's Vince.

I also hope they do a regular show tomorrow with Bryan being near death.
Every year Bryan does his show the next day and claims they're done with the Christmas show forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

LividLiquid posted:

Every year Bryan does his show the next day and claims they're done with the Christmas show forever.
I wonder how he'll manage to top his 'british accent' from last year...

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Excitement!

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Yeah. That looks about right.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
That song with Bryan just complaining about the snow had me laughing more than it should have

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I kind of assumed it looked like that anyway

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?

TUS posted:

I don't know if anyone listens to Jay Mohr's podcast, Mohr Stories, but his guest today is RVD. First wrestler I think he's brought in. So far, nothing special, but just a heads up.

I'm about 3/4 though this right now and wow it's weird. Mohr is interrupting RVD every sentence and a half and after about 20 minutes you can tell he's annoyed and slipping into a bad mood. The energy level is decent enough but it's a totally weird uncomfortable vibe. I feel like at any second RVD is about to say "Would you shut up and let me finish a sentence?".

Worth checking out if you're into uneasy podcasts with an obviously unhigh and irritated RVD. Jay Mohr sucks.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EprSwYls5PM

Color me surprised.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
CHRISTMAS SHOW UP!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Vince "MY FIANCE" Verhei.

SNARF SNARF SNARF
Apr 23, 2012
i don't understand what you're talking about, but it makes me mad as hell! Listen to me, as I spout gibberish, and know that I. I am MAD. :mad:
That was both the best and worst show of all time and I'm glad we only get one of thse once a year.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

SNARF SNARF SNARF posted:

That was both the best and worst show of all time and I'm glad we only get one of thse once a year.

In terms of "quality" that was probably the best Christmas show yet. I'm not sure if that means it was the worst Christmas show yet though.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Did they play the songs that were too dirty for the granny show and kept cutting off?

SNARF SNARF SNARF
Apr 23, 2012
i don't understand what you're talking about, but it makes me mad as hell! Listen to me, as I spout gibberish, and know that I. I am MAD. :mad:

Cardboard Box posted:

Did they play the songs that were too dirty for the granny show and kept cutting off?

I believe they played two of them. The 12 orgasms one and the "gently caress the snow" one.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

SNARF SNARF SNARF posted:

I believe they played two of them. The 12 orgasms one and the "gently caress the snow" one.

12 Days of Orgasms is one for the all-time greats list. They also played Stink the Wronk when Vinny was busting for a piss.

Also BRENT~!

MassRayPer posted:

In terms of "quality" that was probably the best Christmas show yet. I'm not sure if that means it was the worst Christmas show yet though.

It was certainly less chaotic than Christmas shows past, but still drat entertaining.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Bryan did not get near drunk enough.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Bryan isn't drunk if he's not Flair strutting around the room.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

njsykora posted:

Bryan isn't drunk if he's not Flair strutting around the room.
How's this: Bryan, Flair and the Briscoes go out drinking.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
Laughing my rear end off at the quote from PeachMachine "I feel like I would have to blow Gracie Smurf to get a blue belt." I wish I hadn't just changed my custom title, because I would totally take that quote to the custom avatar thread.

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Nobody outrules the Marquise de Cat!

I'm probably marking out the most in the whole world.

TLM
Mar 3, 2009
Here's a clip of the gift Granny got Vinny. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-m5x7RklZbY

I'm not sure if Granny was trying to be nice or if she was taking Vinny down a peg, but it is hilarious either way.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Perigryn posted:

How's this: Bryan, Flair and the Briscoes go out drinking.

Only if Flair invites Harley Race and the Briscoes bring Necro Butcher dressed like Santa.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Oh my GOD Grannies voice.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

That was a totally great Christmas episode. Even kept the girlfriend entertained on our two hour trip home tonight.

Bryan hanging up on people never gets old. Vinnie reading the text messages was the best part for me though.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

This is an amazing show and the Christmas show remains my favorite show of the year.

Worked Shoot Radio is coming back soon, I hope, but I still wanna' get on Bryan and Vinnie as a guest. I was on After Dark once.

Also, Bryan calling people dunderhead never gets old.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof

LividLiquid posted:

Worked Shoot Radio is coming back soon, I hope, but I still wanna' get on Bryan and Vinnie as a guest.

All you gotta do is fly them to Las Vegas, pay for everything, and then get a completely inflated sense of self-importance!

ChipJ44
Jul 24, 2007
There is no spoon.
I don't know if it was mentioned yet, but CM was on the Nerdist podcast a few days back(or at least it was posted a few days back) The Nerdist guys do some real solid interview work, and they're usually fun so perhaps it's worth it. That is all.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

vinny's new brother in law was really bad

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

This isn't really podcast related, but since this basically doubles as the Dave Meltzer thread I guess this is the best place for it.

I just read the year end issue, and this is the first year I've been subscribed at the time of the year end award or even aware it was open to subscriber voting. What address do I email my ballot to, dave@wrestlingobserver.com ? It wasn't mentioned in the newsletter.

Also, even though I'm aware he takes longevity into account, rating Steve Austin as only the 33rd best draw in history seems way too low.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Capsaicin posted:

All you gotta do is fly them to Las Vegas, pay for everything, and then get a completely inflated sense of self-importance!
What's this a reference to?

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

LividLiquid posted:

What's this a reference to?

ed

TLM
Mar 3, 2009
You could always just get them Olive Garden gift cards.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

And Ed is who, exactly?

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

LividLiquid posted:

And Ed is who, exactly?

ed

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

And Ed is who, specifically?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

LividLiquid posted:

And Ed is who, exactly?

Remember that guy from San Antonio? That Ed.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Is this runaround part of the same in-joke, or a new one?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

LividLiquid posted:

Is this runaround part of the same in-joke, or a new one?

If Ed in San Antonio doesn't mean anything to you it's really not worth explaining, it is a really long story dating back I think to the eyada WOL. The short story is, he was a superfan of Dave and Bryan who paid Bryan and Vinny to fly to Vegas or something and became the top F4W fan geek person.

(I don't mean any of this to sound mean or even sarcastic, I just have no clue how to explain Ed. He's constantly mentioned on the site, but who he is is just kind of who he is.)

MassRafTer fucked around with this message at 10:32 on Dec 28, 2012

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Ah. Thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

He's now the guy who organises the F4W Convention, and has a podcast Bryan pimps in the Friday updates if he's the one writing them.

• Locked thread