Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Yes, we are certain. It was confirmed some time ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
We are as certain as we can be with the information we have been provided.

Comic
Feb 24, 2008

Mad Comic Stylings
Unless they have reasons to have the exact same items the babies had on their meteors after their own bouts in ectobiology, yeah, it's definitely just copy babies.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Here's where it was confirmed: http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=006607

I remember it being hotly debated in this thread in the early parts of the act, but this page was the point where everyone accepted that this was how it worked.

Edit: Also the page before that explicitly shows the duplication - http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=006606

Emacs Headroom
Aug 2, 2003
Fun genetics aside -- it is possible (but astronomically unlikely) for a pair of siblings to reproduce and get two children that are genetically identical to their parents. A somewhat similar (but still extremely, extremely rare) happened with a mule in Nebraska once.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

blastron posted:

Are we certain that the retroactive switching of the portals during the Scratch caused the babies to duplicate (with one copy going through the Beta portal and one through the Alpha), or could the Alpha kids wind up running their own ectobiology session to create the Beta kids in one cross-universe double mobius reacharound?

Don't forget that all the stuffed bunnies that John was handing out showed with their respective kids in the post-scratch universe. Even more damning is that Jane has inherited the Sassacre book from her grandfather, and it's the one Nannasprite wrote in back in the Medium. Also Rose has said that this is what is happening, and I really see no reason to assume that there is another explanation we haven't heard yet.

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

Regy Rusty posted:

Here's where it was confirmed: http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=006607

I remember it being hotly debated in this thread in the early parts of the act, but this page was the point where everyone accepted that this was how it worked.

Edit: Also the page before that explicitly shows the duplication - http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=006606

Simply linking here made me read forward to the penis drawing fight and the wonderful cape suplex. Dave is truly the best character.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

QuoProQuid posted:

EDIT: And there is already fanart. drat.

Well, well. I've been meaning to get a new avatar. The only question is how to shrink it down...

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...
Try this on for size.

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Her style is new but the face is the same as it was so long ago...

Jon Irenicus posted:

Simply linking here made me read forward to the penis drawing fight and the wonderful cape suplex. Dave is truly the best character.

I'd actually been perfectly content with Act 6 but goddamn if this didn't turn that right around. How could I forget how amazing Karkat is?

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
I am increasingly willing to believe in the theory that the battle coming when the beta kids arrive is going to be between Trickster Alphas and God Tier Betas.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

tinaun posted:

Try this on for size.

nah, can't see her face, which is why I want this. Maybe pan between her face and the Tricksters?

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(

Captain Oblivious posted:

I am increasingly willing to believe in the theory that the battle coming when the beta kids arrive is going to be between Trickster Alphas and God Tier Betas.

That...would own pretty hard, I must say.

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...

SatansBestBuddy posted:

nah, can't see her face, which is why I want this. Maybe pan between her face and the Tricksters?

this?

bonus.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Whatever happens, it is still my utmost hope that the comic somehow ends with a character arriving in 1996 and presenting Jerry Bruckheimer with the Con Air bunny during film production.

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

If cherubs gone Trickster turn into Cal look-alikes, what would happen if Cal went trickster? We already see Trickster mode gives you flashing text... :ohdear:

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

tinaun posted:

this?

bonus.

YEEEESSSS! I love you!

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
I yearn for simpler times when Lord English was the greatest threat to all existence.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Gnome de plume posted:

I yearn for simpler times when Lord English was the greatest threat to all existence.
Remember when Jack Noir was killing important characters left and right? Hahahaha. Good times.

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

i am shattering like glass

but at least
i have

springy ride

JT Jag posted:

Remember when Jack Noir was killing important characters left and right? Hahahaha. Good times.

Speaking of which, there's been one player mysteriously absent from all these "who else is gonna get trickster'd" suppositions, possibly the most important and dangerous factor that hasn't seen the spotlight in a while.

Trickster Mode Jack would be the single scariest thing in all of Homestuck.:stonk:

Line Feed
Sep 7, 2012

Seeds taste better with friends.

HIC never ceases to amuse. :allears:

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Filthy Haiku posted:

Speaking of which, there's been one player mysteriously absent from all these "who else is gonna get trickster'd" suppositions, possibly the most important and dangerous factor that hasn't seen the spotlight in a while.

Trickster Mode Jack would be the single scariest thing in all of Homestuck.:stonk:

I'm gonna guess only players can go Trickster.

Also Roxy noooooo, keep your pride up gurl you don't need no witch.

So Math
Jan 8, 2013

Ghostly Clothier
If Trickster Droll isn't just the Droll again, he'll be a Felt.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
Even condy doesn't want any part of this horseshit.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Thundarr posted:

At this point the only hope is for Dad to show up ground the Trickster-kids so very hard.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Condy :allears:

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

nerdbot posted:

I'm gonna guess only players can go Trickster.

We saw horrorterrors and cherubs apparently going Trickster just before Jane turned Jake.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Droll, no! You leave him alone, you candy-coloured cads! :ohdear:

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

The Deleter posted:

Droll, no! You leave him alone, you candy-coloured cads! :ohdear:

Of all the characters in this story so far, I think the Courtyard Droll is the one most likely to be willing to become Tricksterized. He's going to get an awesome hat as a trickster, right?

HappyKitty
Jul 11, 2005

")(er Imperious Condescension logged the gently caress out."

:swoon:

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
This is it! This is now even scarier than Gamzee's rampage!

Midnight Raider
Apr 26, 2010

Are you next?

Narratively I just know something's going to sabotage Roxy's ability to escape being candified here, but I'm still rooting for her to avoid such a delicious fate.

nerdbot posted:

Whatever happens, it is still my utmost hope that the comic somehow ends with a character arriving in 1996 and presenting Jerry Bruckheimer with the Con Air bunny during film production.

This would be both cool, and fitting with all the self-generating time loops. In fact, I'd almost wonder if there would be a way that it still might happen, if not for the fact that we did in fact see an explosive and firey end point for the poor bunny. :(

Although speaking of rabbits, I wonder if Lil' Seb surviving is going to have any relevance. If he's just going to end up as a background mascot buddy for team evil space pimp, or if the fact that he's there to see just all of what Caliborn and Gamzee are going to do means he can end up somehow helping or relaying important information later.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Dorroile posted:

I both want and am absolutely horrified of the prospect of a Nepeta callback with that Jujupop and Roxy.

Midnight Raider posted:

This would be both cool, and fitting with all the self-generating time loops. In fact, I'd almost wonder if there would be a way that it still might happen, if not for the fact that we did in fact see an explosive and firey end point for the poor bunny. :(

Although speaking of rabbits, I wonder if Lil' Seb surviving is going to have any relevance. If he's just going to end up as a background mascot buddy for team evil space pimp, or if the fact that he's there to see just all of what Caliborn and Gamzee are going to do means he can end up somehow helping or relaying important information later.

Deathlok-style Lil' Seb, with his past, present and future selves in conversation through time? Could be something there.

Never-ending Koos
Jan 15, 2013

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Even as Hussie's divine inspiration wanes, we can still see that he is a triple decker mind, and know in our hearts that the internet was saved or damned by him. Trickster indeed.

The Koos Grip posted:

Hussie, the-man-insect-man. Splitting the atoms of the soul. A decade-long out-of-body experience. The first self-aware artist. Created by the internet. The only channel wide enough for Homestuck.

Homestuck, the new anthem. Post-post-post-myth. The lonely gods of the scentless medium. The final gnostic gospel. Before the imposition, you.

You, a perfect facsimile of nothing. Fear of being unafraid. Shortening your reach until you touch something warm. Fixated on your shadow. The goon beyond goon. A new rut.

Never-ending Koos
Jan 15, 2013

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Dorroile posted:

What we need is a new horror-themed SBAHJ to accompany it.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Nate RFB posted:

What we need is a new horror-themed SBAHJ to accompany it.

He will truly be... the Sweetest Bro.

Trash Ops
Jun 19, 2012

im having fun, isnt everyone else?

The Koos Grip posted:

Hussie, the-man-insect-man. Splitting the atoms of the soul. A decade-long out-of-body experience. The first self-aware artist. Created by the internet. The only channel wide enough for Homestuck.

Homestuck, the new anthem. Post-post-post-myth. The lonely gods of the scentless medium. The final gnostic gospel. Before the imposition, you.

You, a perfect facsimile of nothing. Fear of being unafraid. Shortening your reach until you touch something warm. Fixated on your shadow. The goon beyond goon. A new rut.

same

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

:coolfish:

I never thought I could love a genocidal alien overlord sea-queen this much. :swoon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

Someone is getting this as an avatar. I don't know who, but it's gonna happen.
She just gave up the opportunity to get a prisoner back. Not just any prisoner, either, a loving PLAYER.

She's just as freaked out as everyone else.