Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

Splicer posted:

Melee was hilariously broken in the first L4D despite it just being an alt-fire for your main weapon, since you could pile every survivor into one corner forming a horrible, Shiva-like monstrosity that flailed wildly with a gun-butt with one set of arms while the other six fired with impunity at the Zombie hordes desperately trying to get past your impenetrable rifle-shield.

And that's why we now have Spitters.

And a cooldown on meleeing, and actual awesome melee weapons for people who prefer that style.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Cuddles
Jan 29, 2010

Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything because it is found written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders.

Splicer posted:

Melee was hilariously broken in the first L4D despite it just being an alt-fire for your main weapon, since you could pile every survivor into one corner forming a horrible, Shiva-like monstrosity that flailed wildly with a gun-butt with one set of arms while the other six fired with impunity at the Zombie hordes desperately trying to get past your impenetrable rifle-shield.

And that's why we now have Spitters.

That's also why you have melee fatigue that reduces the effectiveness of your melee attacks unless you have a rest.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
I could be very wrong here, but wasn't there a melee cooldown in 1 too? It didn't affect the shiva stack because you'd just swap out who was flailing every few seconds. It's been a while though, I could be wrong.

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE
Yeah, L4D1 had a melee cooldown patched in due to this very thing and the impact it had on Versus gameplay.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

John Charity Spring posted:

Yeah, L4D1 had a melee cooldown patched in due to this very thing and the impact it had on Versus gameplay.

I loved when that patch came out, so many pubbies blew a gasket that they couldn't poo poo up the game just sitting in the corner and melee-spamming until victory anymore. Hunter jumps? Nope, melee'd off. Smoker pull? Nope, melee'd out of. Boomer vomit/explosions could set you up for something good, but unless you had a way to drop on them, they'd probably get you before you could do anything. Prior to that it practically took a Tank gunning it in and mashing them to actually make anything happen.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

CAPSLOCKGIRL posted:

I'm an Australian, and for the past however many years, I've been playing the heavily censored version we got of L4D2, where zombies disappear instead of taking damage, and when they run through fire, they don't catch fire, they simply begin to act like they're in a rave, before suddenly expiring. But apparently they kept all the content in the game files instead of deleting it and just changed the code a little, and today I discovered a utility (I had never looked before) that unlocks all the locked content.

Then I discovered the fantastic slashed up zombie models when you kill a zombie with a bladed weapon, like a machette or a katana.

Now I almost exclusively use melee weapons (As soon as I can get my hands on a good one), much to the chagrin of my team-mates. What makes it worse for them is that I've become pretty good at it and can hold off hordes of zombies in random horde events or when someone gets boomed, I never have to run for ammo in finales, I've always got plenty for the Tanks or Special Infected... people are always getting mad at me for playing the game the 'wrong' way, then I'm saving their rear end.

Am I griefing, or am I having to much genuine fun while playing, because of the game, to be griefing?

Sounds like your government is griefing you.

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
A few stories, mostly old:

DoD:S - Me and a real-life friend used to do this thing we called the onside kick. Basically, throwing a German grenade along the ground causes it to behave much like a football. It takes a small bounce or two, then it usually jumps about ten feet in the air. The results on maps like jagd were truly something to behold, as a good onside kick could net you upwards of 5+ teamkills on a single throw.

Another football themed grief we would do involved us playing under the name "Joe Montana" telling random teammates to GO LONG over voice, and then throwing a primed nade in their direction. A successful pass was always sealed by a jubilant "TOUCHDOWN 49ERS" over comms. The responses were hilarious. I don't know what it is, but nade kills in that game are ridiculously satisfying.

Pirates, Vikings, and Knights 2 - I didn't grief much in the game, but with one pirate class having the ability to carry a powder keg, the temptation was too much sometimes. Anyways, there was a guy sounding pretty grumpy over voice and I decided he needed to die. We were both vikings, and I chased him around with an axe for a solid 10 minutes or so until he finally broke down. He started screaming over voice like I've never heard before. It wasn't teenage rage is his voice, but honest-to-goodness frustration and sadness. It was really striking, particularly because he was obviously on the older side...probably 40+ years old.

He left the server, but I managed to find him again using the server browser and I joined his team. I started recording a demo hoping to catch a little bit of hilarity. There was no hilarity though. The guy started talking to me and plead with me to leave him alone, continuing on with his sad voice. Trying to console him a little, I told him it was just a game but I would stop bothering him. Sounding like he was on the verge of tears, he told me that he knew it was a stupid game, but games were the only thing he had in his life.

It was pretty soul-crushing to be honest. I saw the guy playing a few more times after that and I was always really nice to him. I'm a bad griefer :smith:

DayZ - I'm not sure if this counts as griefing, but someone did it to me and I nearly pissed myself laughing.

I was a relatively fresh spawn, stumbled upon a tractor, and rode it into an industrial compound (map was Namalsk). I climbed up to a catwalk to check a loot spawn and stupidly fell off, breaking my legs and rendering me unconscious right next to the tractor. About 10 seconds later, I hear someone start talking over voice while I lay on the ground knocked out and bleeding to death.

"Hey buddy, I was walking outside the fence and heard you take a nasty fall. Oh hey, is this your tractor? I'm gonna borrow it for a second, okay?" As he climbed into the tractor, he began cackling maniacally...and continued super-villain laughing as he slowly drove away. He began to turn out of view when he accidentally clipped the fence and instantly exploded.

I bled to death a few seconds later

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001
Your first story is the sort of fun everyone needs to do in games once in a while.

The second one is you realizing that not everyone is grumpy because they're a giant douchenozzle and that sometimes they're just trying to make the most of a bad day. Easing off was probably the right call here.

And the third story is just loving hilarious. :c00lbert:

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging
That tractor story is absolutely spectacular. I was already starting to laugh as soon as I got to the maniacal laughter, and when the guy suddenly exploded I completely lost it. The whole thing reads like a Robot Chicken skit and I mean that in the best way.

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

whatis posted:

Pirates, Vikings, and Knights 2 - I didn't grief much in the game, but with one pirate class having the ability to carry a powder keg, the temptation was too much sometimes. Anyways, there was a guy sounding pretty grumpy over voice and I decided he needed to die. We were both vikings, and I chased him around with an axe for a solid 10 minutes or so until he finally broke down. He started screaming over voice like I've never heard before. It wasn't teenage rage is his voice, but honest-to-goodness frustration and sadness. It was really striking, particularly because he was obviously on the older side...probably 40+ years old.

He left the server, but I managed to find him again using the server browser and I joined his team. I started recording a demo hoping to catch a little bit of hilarity. There was no hilarity though. The guy started talking to me and plead with me to leave him alone, continuing on with his sad voice. Trying to console him a little, I told him it was just a game but I would stop bothering him. Sounding like he was on the verge of tears, he told me that he knew it was a stupid game, but games were the only thing he had in his life.

It was pretty soul-crushing to be honest.
Most of my infiltration/heist grief stories from EVE ended up like this, only even more depressing because of the level of involvement. Apparently logging to say hello every day or so (and nothing else) for a couple of months is enough to make some people invest inordinate amounts of trust and emotional attachment to a name and an otherwise anonymous internet-person.

Best/worst one was a lonely 42 year old guy who claimed to have gotten fired for playing eve at work and also neglected his kids to spend time on an MMORPG.

whatis posted:

DayZ - I'm not sure if this counts as griefing, but someone did it to me and I nearly pissed myself laughing.

I was a relatively fresh spawn, stumbled upon a tractor, and rode it into an industrial compound (map was Namalsk). I climbed up to a catwalk to check a loot spawn and stupidly fell off, breaking my legs and rendering me unconscious right next to the tractor. About 10 seconds later, I hear someone start talking over voice while I lay on the ground knocked out and bleeding to death.

"Hey buddy, I was walking outside the fence and heard you take a nasty fall. Oh hey, is this your tractor? I'm gonna borrow it for a second, okay?" As he climbed into the tractor, he began cackling maniacally...and continued super-villain laughing as he slowly drove away. He began to turn out of view when he accidentally clipped the fence and instantly exploded.

I bled to death a few seconds later

He tried to grief you and failed gloriously.

...unless 'borrow it for a second' means that he intentionally destroyed it in front of you. Seems unlikely but one can imagine higher and more complex forms of griefing, even if it failed to make you rage. Everybody wins!

Slappy Moose
Jan 23, 2010

THE FILTHY IMMIGRANT

silentsnack posted:

...unless 'borrow it for a second' means that he intentionally destroyed it in front of you. Seems unlikely but one can imagine higher and more complex forms of griefing, even if it failed to make you rage. Everybody wins!

Sometimes the best griefs don't cause grief at all :kiddo:

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."
I just had a fairly hilarious moment in Age of Wushu.

One of the neatest mechanics in that game is that some bosses in dungeons will summon assassins. Assassins are actually player characters recruited from around the game world - as you play the game you will occasionally get popups from various bosses asking you to help out in a dungeon run. The main goal of an assassin is therefore to wipe out the group trying to kill the boss, which makes what would otherwise be really boring bosses into an interesting pvp game.

Now, because goons are all on mumble, we know when we have goon groups, and if a group is working on a hard dungeon, we'll try to join up as assassins to make the boss fight easier. One particular group was having a difficult (4-hour run in a dungeon that should take ~1.5hours or so) run through a dungeon, so goons joined up to help. Unfortunately, two of the six assassins weren't goons, and those particular assassins would have been able to wipe the group.

I had an idea - I needed to do something to occupy those assassins for the ~5 minutes it would take for the group to down the boss. A different mechanic of the game is the array - the group leader will drop down a symbol with several circles for party members to stand in. If everyone stands in their circle, the group gains access to very powerful attacks and buffs. If a group of assassins forms an array, they'll more or less steamroll an enemy group without a problem.

I quickly invited every assassin into a team, and started up an array. At the same time, I talked with the other goon assassins and had them pretend that the array was bugging out (arrays will occasionally spawn in the wrong spot, fail to show up, etc.). The pubbies were getting increasingly frustrated at how horrible goons are at forming up arrays and just how stupid we are. I even passed leadership to one of the pubbies so they could start up the array, and pretended that I couldn't see the right spot either.

We managed to stall the other two assassins for the entire boss fight by doing this and helped our group to finish the boss fight completely unmolested.

CAPSLOCKGIRL
Jul 21, 2011

I actually just hold down the Shift key.
I have been griefed hard by a videogame.

Okay, Dungeon Crawl is, surprisingly, a Dungeon Crawling Roguelike. I've been playing big dumb fighters for an hour, but I decided to switch to an Octopode (Think Octopus) monk, because, you know, eight arms, can't wear armor anyway, what could go wrong?

It's actually a pretty awesome race/class combination.

However, notice the 'can't wear armor' part. After playing big dumb fighters who need armor for like an hour, I found an Ice Dragon Hide on the second level of the dungeon as this Octopode Monk, which, with a scroll of enchant armor, can be turned into some really good armor.

I was pretty mad.

But man, when I found Ice Dragon Armor on the exact same level of the Dungeon...

pray for my aunt
Feb 13, 2012

14980c8b8a96fd9e279796a61cf82c9c

CAPSLOCKGIRL posted:

I have been griefed hard by a videogame.

Okay, Dungeon Crawl is, surprisingly, a Dungeon Crawling Roguelike. I've been playing big dumb fighters for an hour, but I decided to switch to an Octopode (Think Octopus) monk, because, you know, eight arms, can't wear armor anyway, what could go wrong?

It's actually a pretty awesome race/class combination.

However, notice the 'can't wear armor' part. After playing big dumb fighters who need armor for like an hour, I found an Ice Dragon Hide on the second level of the dungeon as this Octopode Monk, which, with a scroll of enchant armor, can be turned into some really good armor.

I was pretty mad.

But man, when I found Ice Dragon Armor on the exact same level of the Dungeon...

The game has a real knack for throwing items you can't use at you. It's uncanny how many times I've seen this same complaint.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Man, Dark Souls does the EXACT same thing. There are about half a dozen Black Knight enemies throughout the early game. They're perfectly killable at level one if you know what you're doing, but will murder you repeatedly if you don't. They each have a chance to drop whatever weapon that particular knight uses, as well as their shield, but none of the ones early in the game respawn.

Of maybe a dozen characters I have made, I have never had Black Knight weapons on the half dozen big stupid fighters I've made, and have had at least one drop on the majority of the mages I have made, because :darksouls:

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Splicer posted:

Shiva-like monstrosity that flailed wildly with a gun-butt with one set of arms while the other six fired with impunity at the Zombie hordes desperately trying to get past your impenetrable rifle-shield.

I want to see art of this version of Shiva

CaptainStag
Sep 29, 2004

Good acting is a practiced craft, one that suggests subtlety and nuance.

whatis posted:

I don't know what it is, but nade kills in that game are ridiculously satisfying.

Probably has something to do with the loud comical death cry and the lovely physics engine that would launch them 50 feet into the air. I felt the same way, I pretty much used nades and bazookas exclusively for a while because they're so darn fun.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

CaptainStag posted:

Probably has something to do with the loud comical death cry and the lovely physics engine that would launch them 50 feet into the air. I felt the same way, I pretty much used nades and bazookas exclusively for a while because they're so darn fun.
My favourite way to play this game was back when German grenadiers had four grenades. Huck three grenades in the direction I want to go and then run screaming into close range with the fourth primed in my fist. It was especially fun against entrenched machine gunners, there was always that point where the gunner realised that they could either shoot me or undeploy, but not both.

Elth
Jul 28, 2011

I was playing Team Fortress 2 on an "x10" server today ( all weapon stats are multiplied by 10, with a few ( not many ) balancing tweaks to keep it from getting too ridiculous, but it's still incredibly silly ). Spies with the Kunai knife spawn with 1 health, but get over a thousand if they manage to get a backstab. Then they become invincible and can wade into the other team by abusing the game's lag compensation and getting even more backstabs.

Now enter the Holiday Punch. It's a melee slot weapon for the heavy that can backstab and deals no damage on crit, but it locks the victim into a laughing taunt that lasts a good 5 seconds and leaves them totally helpless.

In the x10 server, the Holiday Punch has a 100% crit rate. Every time you punch somebody, it stuns them for a long time. Kunai spies are not immune to this. If you own the Schadenfraude item, it lets you laugh on command. What I'd do is I'd hide somewhere and wait for a spy to appear, punch them, laugh with them, and punch them again. Over and over and over again until they either managed to escape or kill themselves. Most people are used to x10 servers being absolutely ridiculous so they're good sports about it, but a lot of kunai spies are so used to dominating everyone that they get downright furious.

Not exactly an elaborate grief but the reaction was just so amazing.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

What's the server address? I've looked, but I can never find TF20 servers.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Criken gathered a bunch of people and did some Creative Griefing in the Prison Break mod of Counter-strike.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

RatHat posted:

Criken gathered a bunch of people and did some Creative Griefing in the Prison Break mod of Counter-strike.

This is wonderful, I love how reactions shift from "Oh god how are there so many people" to "THEY'RE COMING FOR US" to "Wait... no they're not... what the hell is going on!?"

My favorite griefs are the ones that leave people just bewildered and scratching their head.

Elth
Jul 28, 2011

Ariong posted:

What's the server address? I've looked, but I can never find TF20 servers.

76.114.152.234:27015

It's pretty much always full but I'm about to go tickle some spies right now!

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Elth posted:

In the x10 server, the Holiday Punch has a 100% crit rate. Every time you punch somebody, it stuns them for a long time. Kunai spies are not immune to this. If you own the Schadenfraude item, it lets you laugh on command. What I'd do is I'd hide somewhere and wait for a spy to appear, punch them, laugh with them, and punch them again. Over and over and over again until they either managed to escape or kill themselves. Most people are used to x10 servers being absolutely ridiculous so they're good sports about it, but a lot of kunai spies are so used to dominating everyone that they get downright furious.

I'm on the fence about this one...is it a Proper Grief if you were just adding to the magic of a gimmick server? Actually I'm kidding: this is totally a grief, and a good one. I guess I have a soft spot for stories where people choose to rage instead of just switching servers.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Lutha Mahtin posted:

I'm on the fence about this one...is it a Proper Grief if you were just adding to the magic of a gimmick server? Actually I'm kidding: this is totally a grief, and a good one. I guess I have a soft spot for stories where people choose to rage instead of just switching servers.

I love that they rage at the loss of their power to dominate the entire server, because they're a bunch of assholes for trying to show off LEET FPS SKILLZ on a gimmick server.

It'd be an excellent gimmick to get a Kritz medic, a Holidy Punch Heavy, and two uber medics together on a normal server to do an invincible critting Heavy to charge in and make everyone laugh. The Heavy could be named "The Killing Joke."

Magres fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Feb 24, 2013

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

RatHat posted:

This is amazing, thanks for sharing!

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Years ago, when Ulduar was the thing to do in WoW, I would suicide grief PUGs. If we went AFK for whatever reason on Ignis (after having killed Razorscale) I would mount up on my motorcycle or my passenger-mammoth and just hang out. Someone would inevitably hop into a passenger seat and then AFK or stop paying close attention to their screen. I would then run up out of Ignis' room to Razorscale's room and right off the cliff with PUG in tow, killing us both. They would rez, send me a tell either with "LOL" or "WTF rear end" and we would run back to Ignis' room and I would repeat the process.

The best part: some PUGs didn't catch on until I had killed them multiple times in a row.

Sometimes I would do the same thing in Dalaran, but I would bubble or parachute cloak before hitting the ground so I would live and they would be dead in the middle of Crystalsong Forest.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
You might want to explain a bit more for people who haven't played WoW.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

RatHat posted:

You might want to explain a bit more for people who haven't played WoW.

Ulduar has a boss arena that's on top of a sheer cliff.

Around the time that was introduced there was a steampunk motorcycle-type mount that was introduced. It had a feature where another player could right-click on you and a little sidecar would pop out and they could ride around with you in it. The novelty of it was new enough that most people would click on it just to see (and the mount was hellishly expensive so not many people had one).

He'd mount up in the vicinity of the sheer cliff, wait for someone to get in, then drive off the cliff.

Dalaran is a flying city miles above a zone that has basically nothing interesting in it, so doing that there has the added bonus that it drops the victim in the middle of nowhere and, while the cliff in Ulduar is just a kill-zone that causes instant death if you fall off, getting killed falling from Dalaran involved actual fall damage, so 'bubble' (a paladin ability that makes you invulnerable for ~10 seconds) or a parachute would let him live while killing the victim.

President Ark fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Mar 6, 2013

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.
So let me get this straight, there was (is) a mount in WOW that one player could, win/earn/buy and as long as it was in use, any other friendly player could click on it and just get dragged along for the ride? Was there any defense against this? I imagine some people got irritated by unwanted stowaways. Could you have a passenger with you, ride to a cliff, and dismount stopping you and flinging the passenger, or is there no inertia in WOW?

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

CzarChasm posted:

So let me get this straight, there was (is) a mount in WOW that one player could, win/earn/buy and as long as it was in use, any other friendly player could click on it and just get dragged along for the ride? Was there any defense against this? I imagine some people got irritated by unwanted stowaways. Could you have a passenger with you, ride to a cliff, and dismount stopping you and flinging the passenger, or is there no inertia in WOW?
Mounts are just an activated ability like any other. When you "dismounted" your mount would disappear into whatever pocket dimension it spent most of its time in.

e: I assume with this mount the person would get dumped out when you disappeared it as opposed to being teleported to Mountworld.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

CzarChasm posted:

Flying mounts have forward inertia now, you get propelled forwards a fair distance when you dismount, as for the Bike and Ground Mounts when you dismount you remain in the same spot, so both driver and passenger would have to fly off the cliff for it to work.

Basically Bikes can't be used for griefing now since they are old hat, everyone has them, and you can exit the bike in a single click.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Apparently the region setup in the new Sim City is so dumb that all you have to do to grief other people is start a city in their region and never touch it ever again.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

President Ark posted:

Ulduar has a boss arena that's on top of a sheer cliff.

Around the time that was introduced there was a steampunk motorcycle-type mount that was introduced. It had a feature where another player could right-click on you and a little sidecar would pop out and they could ride around with you in it. The novelty of it was new enough that most people would click on it just to see (and the mount was hellishly expensive so not many people had one).

He'd mount up in the vicinity of the sheer cliff, wait for someone to get in, then drive off the cliff.

Dalaran is a flying city miles above a zone that has basically nothing interesting in it, so doing that there has the added bonus that it drops the victim in the middle of nowhere and, while the cliff in Ulduar is just a kill-zone that causes instant death if you fall off, getting killed falling from Dalaran involved actual fall damage, so 'bubble' (a paladin ability that makes you invulnerable for ~10 seconds) or a parachute would let him live while killing the victim.

I think at one point due to the way it was set up if you drove off a fatal fall (From falling damage rather than "out of bounds" like in Uldaur) the person driving the bike would die, but the person in the sidecar would live. Didn't last long.

CzarChasm posted:

They had to be in your group.

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler
I can recall some guild drama in vanilla World of Warcraft that resulted in a rival guild leader being "forced" to leave his job mid-shift and race home in order to turn in a quest. Our guild had also completed it, and decided to turn it in before the agreed-upon time, activating a time limit for further completions. It was a nice "gently caress you" to a guild that had gone out of their way to be dicks to us in the weeks prior.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

What would he have lost if he didn't turn it in on time?

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT

flatluigi posted:

Apparently the region setup in the new Sim City is so dumb that all you have to do to grief other people is start a city in their region and never touch it ever again.

I figured this would be in as a grief, the game itself has such a bad sense of DRM and features that players are almost griefing themselves.

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS

Lutha Mahtin posted:

I think it'd be a title, possibly a mount, and a certain amount of prestige that went with the two. Was this the Gates of Ahn'Qiraj thing?

Mounts and titles are a big drat deal in WoW, apparently. I haven't seen it myself, but I've heard of guilds actually breaking up back in the day over who got the Deathcharger.

Dexanth
Dec 4, 2003

The last thing an ice cream cone ever sees
It would have had to be the AQ gates. That's the only thing I can think of that was ever time-sensitive to any degree.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler

Dexanth posted:

It would have had to be the AQ gates. That's the only thing I can think of that was ever time-sensitive to any degree.
It was. On the Illidan server, Piccalo of Team Ice rang the gong while Zxtreme of Blood Legion was at work.

quote:

By far the most exclusive title and mount in the game, even to this day.

• Locked thread