Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Posting Principle
Dec 10, 2011

by Ralp

gucci void main posted:

im writing a thing which as of right now utilizes rethinkdb. im gay.

why not write a resume and get a job

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...
I am adding this blog to my RSS feeds to sit right next to Coding Horror. ;)

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
sn.printf.net

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

JawnV6 posted:

I am adding this blog to my RSS feeds to sit right next to Coding Horror. ;)

favorite comment

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
You know what's awesome? When I am handed a project that includes a loving heavily modified Linux Kernel with no documentation and 3000+ lines of code changed among 100+ files.

Oh wait, that's not awesome, that's super loving lovely.

Blotto Skorzany
Nov 7, 2008

He's a PSoC, loose and runnin'
came the whisper from each lip
And he's here to do some business with
the bad ADC on his chip
bad ADC on his chiiiiip

ratbert90 posted:

You know what's awesome? When I am handed a project that includes a loving heavily modified Linux Kernel with no documentation and 3000+ lines of code changed among 100+ files.

Oh wait, that's not awesome, that's super loving lovely.

bet it was forked from 2.2.x or some poo poo too

Opinion Haver
Apr 9, 2007

Vanadium posted:

ghci> data Prelude = Prelude Int deriving Show
ghci> Prelude . succ $ 42
Prelude 43
ghci> Prelude.succ $ 42

that's weird but i'm not sure how to allow arbitrary infix operators and also have qualified names at the same time

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

better waste some time with you
looks like paul graham is manually modifying the live database again! :laugh track:

tef
May 30, 2004

-> some l-system crap ->
hn without comments is a feature, not a bug

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

better waste some time with you
the top post in HN: "Comments not working?"

it has three comments, which can't be read

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

How can PG's repeated fuckups with live maintenance be compared to airplane safety? Maybe he could learn from that

shrughes
Oct 11, 2008

(call/cc call/cc)
Paul Graham has more money than you and his forum is way more popular than you. You pathetic sadlingtons, go grasp at your hate straws.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Otto Skorzeny posted:

bet it was forked from 2.2.x or some poo poo too

Even worse is it's TI code that I have to dig through. LOL VPFE VPBE IPIPE :suicide:

tef
May 30, 2004

-> some l-system crap ->

shrughes posted:

Paul Graham has more money than you and his forum is way more popular than you. You pathetic sadlingtons, go grasp at your hate straws.

Also lisp could have prevented 9/11

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

shrughes posted:

This argument makes me sad because it also means Jeff Atwood is so much better than me / all of us.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Fun fact:

TI was so incompetent with their Davinci platform that they don't support gstreamer anymore. Even better yet is if you want help they direct you to another company for help with it because they only had one guy from India working on their Kernel code.

tef
May 30, 2004

-> some l-system crap ->

shrughes posted:

so basically he's the Simon Cowell of programming

Nomnom Cookie
Aug 30, 2009

i expect simon cowell knows better than to manually edit a production db

double sulk
Jul 2, 2010

American Idle

coaxmetal
Oct 21, 2010

I flamed me own dad

you heard me.
that was posted on a mobile device and it must have corrected my words and I have no idea what it was supposed to say.

coaxmetal
Oct 21, 2010

I flamed me own dad
also I have just realized I am now better at javascript that I ever wanted to be. :(

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

tef posted:

i couldn't find it, link

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

http://www.paulgraham.com/hijack.html

coaxmetal
Oct 21, 2010

I flamed me own dad
oh yeah anyone who uses backbone should comment on this commit https://github.com/documentcloud/backbone/commit/17277f0123a3b852e84e929b2f8c0e2194399426 cuz it made the annotated source way less useful (http://backbonejs.org/docs/backbone.html). One column format instead of two. Its the worst man. The worst ever.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

MononcQc posted:

How can PG's repeated fuckups with live maintenance be compared to airplane safety? Maybe he could learn from that

*lithium batteries explode*

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

I've been using ti davinci for a while now and it's really not a bad platform so long as you don't need working audio

or accelerated video

so the perfect linux platform

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

HORATIO HORNBLOWER posted:

you're ugly and you smell funny

having met tef irl i can finally say with complete honesty and forthrightness that he does not emit any significant unpleasant odor.

coaxmetal
Oct 21, 2010

I flamed me own dad
I heard u guys got to shoot guns that sounds fun

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

Ronald Raiden posted:

oh yeah anyone who uses backbone should comment on this commit https://github.com/documentcloud/backbone/commit/17277f0123a3b852e84e929b2f8c0e2194399426 cuz it made the annotated source way less useful (http://backbonejs.org/docs/backbone.html). One column format instead of two. Its the worst man. The worst ever.

i thumbs down'd and tweeted about it, so i guess ive done my part??

as i said on the githubs, literate programming isn't meant to generate prose, it's generating reference. i mean you could totally use his new fancy docco thing to make prose with code blocks if you were weird but that's not what documentation should be

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Ronald Raiden posted:

I heard u guys got to shoot guns that sounds fun

yep, it was cool. tef finally accepted that america is the best, and he's now a big nascar fan as it turns out!

HORATIO HORNBLOWER
Sep 21, 2002

no ambition,
no talent,
no chance

rotor posted:

having met tef irl i can finally say with complete honesty and forthrightness that he does not emit any significant unpleasant odor.

aha but I notice on the issue of his aesthetically displeasing outward appearance you are conspicuously silent

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

HORATIO HORNBLOWER posted:

aha but I notice on the issue of his aesthetically displeasing outward appearance you are conspicuously silent

there are many publicly accessible images and videos of tef, i will allow you to decide for yourself on the matter.

PENETRATION TESTS
Dec 26, 2011

built upon dope and vice

tef posted:

perl could have prevented 9/11

lisp could have prevented it elegantly

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

HASKELL COULD HAVE PREVENTED IT AT COMPILE TIME

Null Pointer
May 20, 2004

Oh no!
c++ could have prevented it in the clinton years but it took too long to write

coaxmetal
Oct 21, 2010

I flamed me own dad
PHP could not have prevented 9/11

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

Ronald Raiden posted:

PHP could not have prevented 9/11

php would have taken over and flown flight 93 right into the white house

Null Pointer
May 20, 2004

Oh no!

ultramiraculous posted:

php would have taken over and flown flight 93 right into the white house

Tiny Bug Child posted:

why debug a program when it can just run right the first time cause it does the obviously correct thing

tef
May 30, 2004

-> some l-system crap ->

rotor posted:

yep, it was cool. tef finally accepted that america is the best, and he's now a big nascar fan as it turns out!

i also accepted jesus into my heart

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zombywuf
Mar 29, 2008

Agda would have prevented 9/11 at compile time but would have been unable to prevent an event extensionally equal to 9/11.