Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

I'm only partway through the new episode so far, but I love that you can use the falling blocks to shove the character around and make him panic.

Edit: Whoa, this game is awesome. I might have to look into playing it myself.

Shadow Ninja 64 fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Apr 9, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

How much do you want it? ;-*
Super Gussun Oyoyo is an awesome game. The menus are completely in Japanese but asides from that, totally playable without knowledge of Japanese.

I finally read the blurb for the next episode. Sorry for the late translation, but here it is:

Game Center CX homepage posted:

The show's 10th year begins!!
The first challenge of Season 17 will be "Mickey's Magical Quest."

After the Chief himself asked for permission in the last episode, he will take on a Disney game for the first time!
It's an action game where Mickey Mouse wanders through a magical land in search of his best friend Pluto!

Despite appearances, the stages are highly difficult and leave Chief Arino struggling...
Can he start season 17 with victory?!

The arcade trip takes place in Shinagawa ward's "Ebara Game Corner."
Arino will play many retro games with former-AD-turned-D Watanabe, who returns this season!

And of course, the year is packed...
You'll see the first episode of the brand new segment!
We will deliver the 1990 GB showcase too, of course.
Don't miss it!

Director Watanabe, eh?

gunstarheroes
Mar 11, 2013

zari-gani posted:

Super Gussun Oyoyo is an awesome game. The menus are completely in Japanese but asides from that, totally playable without knowledge of Japanese.

I finally read the blurb for the next episode. Sorry for the late translation, but here it is:

Director Watanabe, eh?

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaa...

That seems unexpected.

redmercer
Sep 15, 2011

by Fistgrrl

zari-gani posted:

Director Watanabe, eh?

Great job on Takeshi, actually seeing it live kind of shows how it wasn't all THAT bad a game, especially for 1986.

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

Kacho of My own little gaming world
Am the only one who absolutely loathes Watanabe, I mean she really never added anything to the Tamage sections as anything but a butt to the end of Arino's jokes.

joek0
Oct 13, 2011
Glad to see Watanabe back as a Director. Hope to see more of Arino and D Watanabe together.

Always wanted to see the Super Gussun Oyoyo episode as I love seeing Arino playing a puzzle game.

I was wondering if you guys are able to sub the Yoiko special of Wreck it Ralph / Sugar Rush. I would so love to see it subbed as I love the movie and loved seeing the raw of Arino discussing the movie. Are there licensing issues to you subbing it and posting it here on the SA Forums. Hope to see more Sugar Rush stuff on the new episode. Arino playing the Fix It Felix Jr cabinet was great.

Link to the Yoiko Wreck it Ralph Special:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3W05HSHdvY

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son

bpc908 posted:

Am the only one who absolutely loathes Watanabe.

Yes and you're a horrible person for it. :colbert:

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

redmercer posted:

Great job on Takeshi, actually seeing it live kind of shows how it wasn't all THAT bad a game, especially for 1986.
Wasn't that the whole point of Takeshi's Challenge? It was made by Beat Takeshi himself as a parody of timewaster video games. Maybe a bit too meta for that era, but considering that lovely "hah! hah! hah! VIDEO GAMES" games are popular today, I'm sure it would've been hailed as a masterpiece of the 2010s decade.

bpc908 posted:

Am the only one who absolutely loathes Watanabe, I mean she really never added anything to the Tamage sections as anything but a butt to the end of Arino's jokes.
I always laugh my rear end off at that kinda stuff, but then, I'm also basically stilly twelve.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

The White Dragon posted:

Wasn't that the whole point of Takeshi's Challenge? It was made by Beat Takeshi himself as a parody of timewaster video games. Maybe a bit too meta for that era, but considering that lovely "hah! hah! hah! VIDEO GAMES" games are popular today, I'm sure it would've been hailed as a masterpiece of the 2010s decade.

I always laugh my rear end off at that kinda stuff, but then, I'm also basically stilly twelve.

It's usually funny, but some jokes like "You're prettier / I lied!" make me cringe. I get mad for the female announcers and guests for bashing Nakayama, too...

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

redmercer posted:

The thing is, though, that everyone already knew what to do and had guides open to get them through it. Imagine trying to figure that poo poo out without a guide constantly open.

Beat Takeshi is kinda a jerk.

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Blue moon of Kentucky keep on shinin'...
I just remembered, the Hello Kitty Cube Frenzy games have near identical gameplay to the game in the latest episode. I don't know if they're connected at all though, since all I can find are people pointing out the same thing.

Taratang
Sep 4, 2002

Grand Master
I hope Watanabe shows Arino who's boss and punishes him for all the times he's been mean to her!

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Taratang posted:

I hope Watanabe shows Arino who's boss and punishes him for all the times he's been mean to her!

"Dang, Director Watanabe sure is fat!"
*sudden jump cut*
"We are now reaching hour 21 of the Ikki Endless Challenge. Arinos allotted bathroom breaks have long since run out. Can he make it?"

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Taratang posted:

Think about how much respect Inoue has gotten since he's been promoted to director...

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006
Õ_~ ANIME BABE LOVER 2000 ~_Õ
I kinda remember watching the raw of the newest episode a long time ago. But, I don't remember how it ended, so it'll be like a new episode for me. :)

zari-gani posted:

You could listen to the orchestrated version instead!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HlXuLX_aRY
Actually, that's not as bad since whoever did that mixes it up a little bit by adding instruments to keep it from getting too repetitive. :shobon:

joek0
Oct 13, 2011
Speaking of Directors, why does D Urakawa barely show up? I know he was still on as of last season. Want to see more of him.

PopeCrunch
Feb 13, 2004

internets

kirbysuperstar posted:

Oh hey, would someone mind sending me some crudely drawn dicks GCCX stationary? Friend code's 4081-5518-4442.

FreezingInferno posted:

While we're all boarding the swapnote train, I'd like to hop on it.

1435-4134-4951
Add me back, 0748 2017 5632 :)

Adamant posted:

Added (and sent over a letter with a Japan-exclusive stationary, in case you didn't have it)

Sorry for delay, sent a pile to you :)

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

PopeCrunch posted:

Done and done.

Adamant
Jan 30, 2013

redmercer posted:

The video really doesn't display all that well just how ridiculous the game is. There's an insane amount of stores and services in the first city, most of which cost money, and there's absolutely zero indication which of them are going to have some sort of positive effect, or even what you're supposed to be trying to do in the first place. You just have to walk around and try random poo poo, noting down if something happens (thankfully items that serve a purpose show up in your inventory when you get them, and items that don't... well, don't. Helps narrowing down your choices a bit).

I'd actually be interested in a detailed guide that explains what the different things and options do, and what events trigger what. I know it's possible to buy the treasure map in the book store, but I have no clue if it's possible to beat the game by doing that. All the guides I've seen have been incredibly straight-forward "do this, then this, then this" solutions.

PopeCrunch posted:

Sorry for delay, sent a pile to you :)

Got 'em, thanks.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

zari-gani posted:

You could listen to the orchestrated version instead!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HlXuLX_aRY

I want to see someone give Crazy Bus this treatment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sC0cvwnG0Ik

FreezingInferno
Jul 15, 2010

THERE.
WILL.
BE.
NO.
BATTLE.
HERE!

PopeCrunch posted:

Consider yourself added.

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

This is from May last year but I just found a link to it. Arino deals with a troll on his blog.

http://415yoiko.jp/arino/2012/05/GSYEHr6um8mENIHgveh4dMbPd5DWf7oE.html

Translation:

Trivial truths revealed!

The other day, someone left this post in my comments.

Quit doing Game Center CX. You suck way too much. Stop talking about how much you love games. You can't play sports and you suck at games. You're stupid and you're not funny. Your face is third-rate. There's nothing good about you! You mock the staff and ADs and your attitude is the worst. Everyone talks about you behind your back.
- AD of a certain program

I'll go through this one point at a time.

"Quit doing Game Center CX."
I don't want to quit a show that's still running. The real star of the show is video games, and as the co-star, I'd like to keep taking the challenges.

"You suck way too much."
I've been told I have the perfect level of suck so maybe I got carried away.

"Stop talking about how much you love games."
I will talk about games, even if I'm not an expert. If this offends you I will try to change for the better.

"You can't play sports"
This has been revealed recently.

"and you suck at games."
I am well aware.

"You're stupid"
I am quite forgetful, true.

"and you're not funny."
I will work harder to suit your tastes.

"Your face is third-rate."
I've never heard of 'your face is third-rate' before so I'm amused.

"There's nothing good about you!"
I am sorry.

"You mock the staff and AD and your attitude is the worst. Everyone talks about you behind your back.
- AD of a certain program"

Who the heck are ya?!
What do you mean "certain?" Terrestrial TV, cable TV, satellite TV, and overseas TV combined, just how many programs do you think there are? How can you leave a comment like that when you can't even put down your own name?!
What, do you put down your name as "AD Of A Certain Program" on your resume?
That would get you rejected from any job application!
So,
I'm going to reject your entire comment!
I wasted my time replying to you!

...Ah, I feel better.

But now, every time I do a show, I think
"Is it this guy?"
"Is it this guy?!"
Hurry up and become a director! Then one day, come up to me and say...
"I was the one who left that comment. I will be judging your funniness today."
That would be scary!
But, also fun.
Hang in there, AD Of A Certain Program!

* Part of the feelings expressed in today's blog are fictional.

zari-gani fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Apr 10, 2013

Erwin Tuwonwon
Oct 30, 2011
Huh. After that one blog post from forever ago, it doesn't feel like Arino unless it's written in the most annoying way possible.

Arino posted:

But now, every time I do a show, I think
"Is it this guy?" ∑(;°Д°)
"Is it this guy?!" щ(ºДºщ)
"I was the one who left that comment. (`ー´) I will be judging your funniness today. ψ(`∇´)ψ"
That would be scary! (´⊙ω⊙`)!
But, also fun.┌(・。・)┘♪└(・。・)┐♪┌(・。・)┘

* Part of the feelings expressed in today's blog are fictional. ┐( ̄ヮ ̄)┌

VVV God, what part of my life isn't a lie!?

Erwin Tuwonwon fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Apr 10, 2013

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

Erwin Tuwonwon posted:

Huh. After that one blog post from forever ago, it doesn't feel like Arino unless it's written in the most annoying way possible.

Haha, actually fun fact: Kibe is in charge of writing those blog posts on the GCCX homepage as "The Chief."

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

zari-gani posted:

"I was the one who left that comment. I will be judging your funniness today."
That would be scary!
But, also fun.

Now that Watanabe is a director Arino is going to regret saying that.

daveisawesome
May 11, 2010
De-lurking for a moment to see if there's room for one more on the Swapnote train... 0989-1780-9175

Also, in case it isn't said often enough, you guys are just about the best people ever.

AzraelDarkheart
Mar 24, 2013

zari-gani posted:

"You suck way too much."
I've been told before that my level of suck is somewhat iffy, so maybe I got too carried away.
Doesn't this say "Some have told me I should try sucking MORE, so maybe I got too carried away"?

zari-gani posted:

Cable TV, satellite TV, and overseas TV combined
What does 地上波 mean? Is that...just radio waves? Does he mean "radio programs" or "analog TV"? (Do they even DO analog TV in Japan anymore?)

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

AzraelDarkheart posted:

Doesn't this say "Some have told me I should try sucking MORE, so maybe I got too carried away"?

Actually I misread zetsumyou as bimyou so it says "I've been told I have the perfect level of suck so maybe I got carried away" (meaning he was praised once so he got too carried away with the suckiness). Changing it to that now.

AzraelDarkheart posted:

What does 地上波 mean? Is that...just radio waves? Does he mean "radio programs" or "analog TV"? (Do they even DO analog TV in Japan anymore?)

It's terrestrial TV, so TV transmitted through antennas or something. I don't know too much about it. Accidentally left that out, changing it now. Sorry, whenever I translate blog/news posts it's a pretty quick and dirty translation.

AzraelDarkheart
Mar 24, 2013

No problem at all. I was just reading the Japanese for practice using your translation as a guide.

Also, OMG SEMPAI NOTICED ME. :3

God, I almost feel like shooting myself for saying that. XD

Lik
Apr 8, 2013

Kachou ON!
Watching the Mega Man 4 Part 2 ep. OMG, writing those transcripts. That's a lot of work. T_T

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
I'm grateful there's such a consistent outpouring of work from this team, just as my well of episodes on queue runs dry a whole slew more is ready to be watched when I check back here, thank you all for your efforts.

AzraelDarkheart posted:

No problem at all. I was just reading the Japanese for practice using your translation as a guide.

Please do.

TemporalParadox
Dec 21, 2003

*~blush~*
Great to see another challenge translated! I remember watching the raw of this one a while ago, nice to finally be able to understand it.

AzraelDarkheart posted:

From your posts in this thread I assume you're pretty young. I suggest you lurk some more.

zari-gani posted:

This is from May last year but I just found a link to it. Arino deals with a troll on his blog.
That's interesting. I wonder if he gets many hecklers in his other comedy routines.

Hit or miss Clitoris
Apr 19, 2003
I HAVE BEEN A VERY NAUGHTY BOY

Woah that episode was not what I was expecting at all. Having never heard of the game, I didn't really know what to expect anyway, but I love puzzle games on this show more than other genres, so it was a pleasant surprise to say the least. Once again, thanks for all of your hard work!

I'm sad that was the last "All I need to know in life I learned from strategy guides" segment we'll get, though, that was such a cool segment. I wonder if that priest they got had ever played a game before.

AzraelDarkheart posted:

I've been trying not to say this to you for a month or so now but you really should stop posting for a while until you understand these forums a little better, guy

zari-gani posted:

Arino deals with a troll on his blog.
http://415yoiko.jp/arino/2012/05/GSYEHr6um8mENIHgveh4dMbPd5DWf7oE.html

"There's nothing good about you!"
I am sorry.

Man, Arino is the hardest person to troll, he seems impossible to get riled up.

Hit or miss Clitoris fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Apr 10, 2013

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Honestly something weirded me out real bad about the strategy guide segments, I found myself skipping them half the time. I don't know why, and I kinda feel bad about that :(

AzraelDarkheart posted:

Dear god did you just unironically do the sempai thing on a predominantly western forum?

(...actually, does your average Japanese person on the internet bother with honorifics? Honest question.)

owl milk
Jun 28, 2011

Hit or miss Clitoris posted:

Man, Arino is the hardest person to troll, he seems impossible to get riled up.
Good comedians in general are hard to get riled up, they never take things seriously enough to get angry.

Just watched the last episode, and Arino really is good at puzzle games isn't he?
Are there any more puzzle game episodes that aren't translated yet? It's fun watching him be good at something for a change and I think I've watched all the translated ones.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

AzraelDarkheart posted:

Holy gently caress man, it's senpai. If you're going to make an rear end of yourself, at least get it right.

vgperson
Oct 29, 2008

Ciaphas posted:

(...actually, does your average Japanese person on the internet bother with honorifics? Honest question.)

In most cases, sure. But if it's 2ch or something, nope. Of course, that's all anonymous anyway, and they don't say ">>1-san" or anything.

Nobody's going to be calling anyone their "senpai" like that, though. You have to be an anime schoolgirl to even have a chance at getting a pass there.

AzraelDarkheart
Mar 24, 2013

Hit or miss Clitoris posted:

I've been trying not to say this to you for a month or so now but you really should stop posting for a while until you understand these forums a little better, guy
Uh, excuse me? What the hell? >_>

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Seemed like pretty obviously a joke to me, not sure why it's bothering you guys.

The text faces though, yeah that's a bad sign.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away

AzraelDarkheart posted:

Uh, excuse me? What the hell? >_>

Notice that nobody else is acting like a teenage girl on a sugar high and using stupid emotes?

Silentman0 fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Apr 10, 2013