Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

The Dave posted:

We did. It's just minor changes to make it a little cleaner. Hard to notice without new / old side by side.

They also released it instead of having it leak

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aniki
Mar 21, 2001

Wouldn't fit...

Ehud posted:

I thought we already saw their logo redesign.

Neither team has had the new uniform leak yet.

The Vikings released their updated logo a few months ago, it was a refinement of their traditional logo, so there wasn't really a need to keep that aspect secret, whereas the Dolphins went with a major rebrand and tried to keep everything secret, Both approaches generated a lot of interest, but Miami's secrecy backfired and left the organization seem bumbling. That being said, Minnesota was in a position to benefit more from openness, because they're moving away from uniforms that were unpopular with their fans and are going to an updated version of their classic look, so showing everyone that they addressed their concerns and didn't mess it up has more value to them. With the Dolphins, they're moving away from their classic look and going with a major redesign, so they may have thought it was better to release everything at once than let people freak out over little details and form a negative opinion of the uniform before they had a chance to see the full thing. It's two different situations, but it feels like the perception is that Minnesota is handling the situation well and the lack of information from Miami is letting paranoia fill the gaps.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

The logo was leaked by some Nike warehouse employee. The Dolphins are a dumb organization, but that one isn't their fault at all.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

I can only imagine the shitstorm that is going to happen next year when the Browns update/change their jerseys.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Good, they're loving boring.

smuggler
Apr 23, 2007
INSULTING THE PACKERS IS NOT AGAINST FORUM RULES, MORON

Wait. Are these armpit Dolphins going to be a real life thing?

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

smuggler posted:

Wait. Are these armpit Dolphins going to be a real life thing?

I wish. If they were that bad they might just go back to helmeted dolphin in a few years.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Toussaint Louverture posted:

I wish. If they were that bad they might just go back to helmeted dolphin in a few years.

Just stick a helmet on the new one, whatever

awkwerd paws
Dec 30, 2012

weezy kiss baby on the lips in the rap city basement

Declan MacManus posted:

Just stick a helmet on the new one, whatever

yeah! also, make the sun less ugly. and the dolphin bend the other way. and make it less swooshy. and, and, and...

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

The AFC:N helmets are loving sacred and no one should ever touch them.
Weeeeell I suppose BMore's is kinda dull but my point stands.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I hate out helmets. We're like the AFC answer to the Cardinal's dumb chicken head.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

The AFC:N helmets are loving sacred and no one should ever touch them.
Weeeeell I suppose BMore's is kinda dull but my point stands.

I guess 2/4 good helmets in the division isn't too bad.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

i'll gently caress you

Borsche
Jun 6, 2011

by T. Finninho

The Puppy Bowl posted:

I hate out helmets. We're like the AFC answer to the Cardinal's dumb chicken head.

There should be the Raven facing the correct side (so on the right side) of the helmet, and then on the left side there should be the BMore shield/raven logo.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Put the elf on the helmet, or put a big decal of a helmet on the actual helmet.

LockHeart
Apr 8, 2005

I'll make Coach Haribo proud!

AsInHowe posted:

I thought he was a brownie!

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

AsInHowe posted:

And there's a decal on the decal, going on and on forever.

horseblow.avi
Jul 10, 2004

NEEEEIGHHHHH!

One of the things that bothers me the about the new logo that no one has mentioned yet is that the dolphin is in a swimming pose with the sun behind it, which makes it kind of look like it's swimming through air. In the old one, it's not an issue since the dolphin is in a jumping out of the water pose.

smuggler
Apr 23, 2007

Miami OUTER SPACE Dolphins.

Everyone will hate the logo but now they'll win. They have to, it's a space team.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

smuggler posted:

Miami OUTER SPACE Dolphins.

Everyone will hate the logo but now they'll win. They have to, it's a space team.

Well, going to a really lovely looking logo bode well for the Pats and the Broncos back in the '90s so I suppose there's a precedent.

Iron Clad Lou
Feb 12, 2008

It works with the dolphin swimming and silhouetted against the midday sun::

Of course this perspective puts dolphin fans at he bottom of the ocean.

Iron Clad Lou fucked around with this message at 12:04 on Apr 15, 2013

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Iron Clad Lou posted:

Of course this perspective puts dolphin fans at he bottom of the ocean.

yes and

Iron Clad Lou
Feb 12, 2008

http://www.dailynorseman.com/2013/4/15/4229286/new-Minnesota-vikings-uniforms-2013
New Vikings unis may have been leaked...or its a picture of cake. No one knows.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Iron Clad Lou posted:

http://www.dailynorseman.com/2013/4/15/4229286/new-Minnesota-vikings-uniforms-2013
If that's a cake it's the flattest-rear end cake I've ever seen.

Aniki
Mar 21, 2001

Wouldn't fit...

Iron Clad Lou posted:

I saw that tonight. There's no way that is the jersey, it would be completely inconsistent with the Vikings stated goal of return to a classic look. It just looks like a poorly done cake where they approximated the Vikings jerseys and messed up some details. It's also possible that the shoulder is supposed to be folded and that is hiding the horn on the shoulder. Also, the home jersey has a purple collar, so it's reasonable to assume that the road jersey will have a white color. I've written too much about a cake.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

nerve posted:

I guess 2/4 good helmets in the division isn't too bad.

Anyone who thinks the Steelers, Brown and Bengals don't have great helmets is loving wrong. Look. Look here. This is me saying something nice about the loving Pittsburgh Steelers.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
You were right to leave the Ravens off that list :(

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

Anyone who thinks the Steelers, Brown and Bengals don't have great helmets is loving wrong. Look. Look here. This is me saying something nice about the loving Pittsburgh Steelers.

Steelers and Browns, yeah

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
The Bengals helmets rule.

Until you turn six.

LockHeart
Apr 8, 2005

I'll make Coach Haribo proud!
Rams helmet is best helmet thank you and goodnight.

smuggler
Apr 23, 2007

Someone post a picture of Smugram, their official unofficial mascot. I love that smarmy jerk.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
The Ravens have started using a literal Raven in conjunction with Edgar, Allen, and Poe. He just sits on his trainer's arm while they show him on the big screen. Neat idea but they might as well not bother until they can train an unkindness of ravens to descend upon an effigy of the opponents team.

Rams do have the best helmet.

XCPuff
Nov 26, 2005

FEAR THIS MAN
I really love the new Dolphins logo. It is a billion times better than the other.

Granted, I'm not a Dolphins fan at all and thought the old logo was stupid as hell, so yeah...

only temporary
Sep 3, 2006

LockHeart posted:

Rams helmet is best helmet thank you and goodnight.

qft

I love the old blue and yellow unis, and think they're so much better than the lovely navy and gold, but I really hope the Rams change their throwback to the blue and white for a few years. That blue and white helmet is the greatest NFL helmet ever.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

@finsjesse: Uniform unveil on 4/25 will feature Griese, @DanMarino & @JasonTaylor in the uniforms of their eras followed by current players in new look.

having some of the greatest dolphins of all time in boss uniforms is only going to make the new ones look worse

but seeing Dan and Jason in their uniforms is probably going to give me a huge boner

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.

only temporary posted:

... I really hope the Rams change their throwback to the blue and white for a few years. That blue and white helmet is the greatest NFL helmet ever.

This is the most correct opinion ever.

Borsche
Jun 6, 2011

by T. Finninho

The Puppy Bowl posted:

The Ravens have started using a literal Raven in conjunction with Edgar, Allen, and Poe. He just sits on his trainer's arm while they show him on the big screen. Neat idea but they might as well not bother until they can train an unkindness of ravens to descend upon an effigy of the opponents team.

Ravens helmet would be a lot better if they replaced the Raven on the left side of the helmet with either: nothing, or the ravens maryland shield logo. Having the Raven with the flipped B looks mad weird on the wrong side.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

only temporary posted:

qft

I love the old blue and yellow unis, and think they're so much better than the lovely navy and gold, but I really hope the Rams change their throwback to the blue and white for a few years. That blue and white helmet is the greatest NFL helmet ever.

The blue and yellow is at least unique. The navy and gold is kind of :effort:

Vaya con Dios!!!
Aug 14, 2006

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Why did you say "unkindness" instead of "murder?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Vaya con Dios!!! posted:

Why did you say "unkindness" instead of "murder?"

oh snap

those ravens didn't see nothin

• Locked thread