Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cactus Jack
Nov 16, 2005

If you even try to throw to my side of the field in a dream, you better wake up and apologize.

MassRanTer posted:

If you haven't listened to the 3.5 hour Mike and Dave show, you need to. It's amazing.

Bryan has become a really good interviewer but Mike is so much better at interviewing Dave specifically. He prods him a few times for extra details that really add to the stories.

Bryan always seems to be in a hurry to finish the show, and it doesn't matter what show, which I find annoying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Cactus Jack posted:

Bryan always seems to be in a hurry to finish the show, and it doesn't matter what show, which I find annoying.

I used to think that was because of Dave, but now it does seem like it is on Bryan. I guess I can't blame the guy, he wants more of a life than going to the beach once a decade.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
I can understand wanting to keep the audio shows on a schedule. Like, Mike can sub in and do a 3 hour show with Dave no problem, but when you're doing Dave shows every other day you don't want people expecting marathon episodes all the time.

Personally I find there's already too much audio for me to keep up with, but I am not listening to podcasts at work all day like some people are able to.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Yeah, I tend to shy away from ultra long podcasts amd I wouldn't want the average Dave and Bryan show to be any longer than it is.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

daily update yesterday said they want to do one after every new japan show, if you needed any more incentive to be thankful for new japan

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

The Shaman of Cum posted:

daily update yesterday said they want to do one after every new japan show, if you needed any more incentive to be thankful for new japan

Would it be just iPPVs or the televised stuff too?

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Bard Maddox posted:

Would it be just iPPVs or the televised stuff too?

ippv. basically amounts to a monthly dave & mike show

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

It's a Goog Day, yes it is!
This week's Punchsport Podcast has less discussion of modern WWE than we've had in a long time. We filled the gap with ROH, New Japan, and a lot of Brad Armstrong.

Topics: 1. New Japan's Dontaku show
2. Ring of Honor's Border Wars
3. Is it a little iffy to put Sheamus and Mark Henry in a strap match?
4. FEUD OF THE WEEK: Edge vs. The Undertaker
5. Who would you like to see pushed in a revitalized WWE cruiserweight division?
6. HYPOTHETICAL QUESTION TIME: If Owen Hart didn't die at Over the Edge '99, how would the rest of his career have gone?
7. Who are the most over- and underpushed wrestlers of all time?
8. WRESTLER OF THE WEEK: Necro Butcher
9. Who would you have play Vince Russo in a mockumentary of 1999-2000 WCW?
10. HulkaMatt is almost certainly Colt Cabana

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Finished the 3 hour WO show and I agree with everyone else. I would now like to have Alvarez relegated to interviewing guests and joking around with Vinny, as Mike is way better at prodding the Meltz. I feel like 60% of those awesome anecdotes that Dave shared would never have happened if Alvarez was the co-host. Maybe they should just do a monthly Mike/Dave question catch-up show whenever Dave has the time.

"Do you think Vince McMahon had a net positive or a net negative effect on american pro wrestling?.....HOLY poo poo"

Tato fucked around with this message at 18:10 on May 7, 2013

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Dave also took over the show to a degree where I thought he was going to sign off instead of Mike.

Also: That PSPCast I think starts off rocky. I was not in the right state of mind. I shut up I think after Q3 starts and everyone recovers from my bad job!!!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Highlight of today's Figure 4 Kickstarter: URBAN WRESTLING FEDERATION MAY NOT BE DEAD

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

MassRanTer posted:

Highlight of today's Figure 4 Kickstarter: URBAN WRESTLING FEDERATION MAY NOT BE DEAD

They need to release more DVDs than their first one. I have it and want more

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

TOPIC FOR PSPCAST: I'm almost pretty sure this has been asked before but if not Wario Kart 64 and I were hoping it leads to an interesting discussion.

Take a step back to the Monday Night Wars. We all know how insanely obsessed Eric Bischoff is with beating WWF in the ratings. Now, around the time WWF started pulling ahead is when Eric went off the rails, trying any desperation tactic possible to pop those ratings and keep ahead, regardless of how good the crowds they were pulling in or how pleased Time Warner is.

My question is this, how do you think the Monday Night Wars would've gone had Bischoff not been so obsessed with beating the WWF? Would WCW just wind up a larger version of how TNA is currently? Would the WWF continue building towards the Attitude Era, or was it because of WCW's need to pop the rating that forced WWF to evolve?

Joey McChrist fucked around with this message at 22:56 on May 7, 2013

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

MassRanTer posted:

"HE MAY NEED TWO DICKS, FOR ALL THE PUSSY HE'D BE GETTING!"

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

LordPants posted:

"HE MAY NEED TWO DICKS, FOR ALL THE PUSSY HE'D BE GETTING!"

"The winner of this match will have to grow a second dick for all the loving he'll be doing"

Some of my favorite quotes that I grabbed from my history:

"You can stab your opponent repeatedly...right up until he gets the ropes."

"I gotta deal with my kids and my baby mamas, and now I gotta deal with this BULLSHIT?"

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Steve The Hustler is a great businessman

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

I hope UWF gets that paper.

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

"I've been compared to Homicide everywhere I go: strip clubs, auto shows, ...."

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Dave talking about his friend's AMAZING 6-month storyline that involved Jericho as champ, but not actually giving any details, was pretty much peak Dave. Drives me crazy when he gives you the hint of something but doesn't follow through.

Maybe we'll get the details when he finally does that shoot interview someday :allears:

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

triplexpac posted:

Dave talking about his friend's AMAZING 6-month storyline that involved Jericho as champ, but not actually giving any details, was pretty much peak Dave. Drives me crazy when he gives you the hint of something but doesn't follow through.

Maybe we'll get the details when he finally does that shoot interview someday :allears:

I'm hoping his will contains instructions to release all the secrets he's been hoarding and all the dirt he has on everyone

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

I'm hoping his will contains instructions to release all the secrets he's been hoarding and all the dirt he has on everyone

It'll involve a medallion on a staff having to be held in the doorway of the Korakuen Hall as the sun rises.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

VogeGandire posted:

It'll involve a medallion on a staff having to be held in the doorway of the Korakuen Hall as the sun rises.

Remember! In Latin, Jumbo Tsuruta begins with an I!

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MassRanTer posted:

Can't be worse than Don Frye's advice.

What's wrong with advice from Don Frye?
:colbert:

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

VogeGandire posted:

If I ever become obscenely rich, I'm gonna pay Dave to hold a staff up outside the Tokyo Dome at sunrise.

Space Cob
Jan 24, 2006

a pilot on fire is not fit to fly

Stone Cold's twitter posted:

Tomorrow I shoot the poo poo with @RealKevinNash on the #steveaustinshow. Talking bout the old days and poo poo.

:stare:

I think I have to start listening to this podcast.

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot
"Coif? Is that the word? Isn't that an inappropriate sexual term?"

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Just saying that you really should listen to the 3 and a half hour show if you haven't. If you're super pressed for time just skip to the questions.

"... and that's the last time he did the 'shooter from the crowd' gimmick" :staredog:

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Space Cob posted:

:stare:

I think I have to start listening to this podcast.

I listened to the first four, forgot about it and am powering through the rest now. Steve is pretty good aside from not wanting to dish dirt on people, but I guess I'm just spoiled by Konnan and MLW Radio. Still listening to Stone Cold tell people to use skin care products and have heart to heart conversations with their wife is pretty darn amusing.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

The Stone Cold podcast is a little piece of brilliance every time. In fact the HBK interview was probably the worst one, because he's at his best when he's talking about the daily minutae of his life. He is literally Hank Hill.

TheCool69
Sep 23, 2011

LordPants posted:

Just saying that you really should listen to the 3 and a half hour show if you haven't. If you're super pressed for time just skip to the questions.

"... and that's the last time he did the 'shooter from the crowd' gimmick" :staredog:

I wish this was available for us not-subscripers :(

Frilled Lizard
May 22, 2004

WOOF WOOF WOOF
YOU KNOW IT

flashy_mcflash posted:

The Stone Cold podcast is a little piece of brilliance every time. In fact the HBK interview was probably the worst one, because he's at his best when he's talking about the daily minutae of his life. He is literally Hank Hill.

I love that a running theme on the show has turned out to be his wife constantly asking him to improve his hygiene.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
I love me some onnit.com/steve

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I've seen lots of personal trainers. And you know what?

THEY ALL LOVE THEIR JAAABS

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

Listening to the Austin show with Kevin Nash right now and it's loving hilarious.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

ColonelJohnMatrix posted:

Listening to the Austin show with Kevin Nash right now and it's loving hilarious.

It's really good. Steve's short little quote from Rick Rude cracked me up "FOR gently caress SAKES STEVE, IT'S AN UPPER-BODY BUSINESS"

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

I really love hearing Nash talk shop and tell road stories. I wish he did more of that and less responding to critics and talking about the business side of things.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Trent? is on AOW this week. Seems like that show's back on form after several weeks of guys I couldn't give a poo poo about.

TLM
Mar 3, 2009
Homophobic Jay Briscoe apologist caller on latest After Dark

He comes off worse than Briscoe did.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

I'm listening to the Steve Austin vs The Fly podcast and now I want Steve to just read wikipedia articles every week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
Bryan Alvarez completely butchering Tim Tebow's last name is the most perfect thing for him to say ever. (I can only hope this means Todd's head exploded.)

• Locked thread