Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CowHammer
Feb 18, 2013

dur posted:

Naw, that's fine you see because

I feel like there's something different about that picture. Perhaps some sort of electronic recording equipment that would not work great if water was hitting it...

Christ these people are petty. I should be used to it by now, what with teleprompters, that pic of him with the book The Post-American World, vacations, golf, basketball, etc etc etc, but I'm still surprised when loving everything turns into an image macro so people can get angry. I should compile a list of petty crap they've brought up over the last 5 years and put them into one big image macro quilt and see how big it gets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GrabbinPeels
Jan 3, 2010

I only regret not giving up sooner.

CowHammer posted:

I should compile a list of petty crap they've brought up over the last 5 years and put them into one big image macro quilt and see how big it gets.

It would be a fool's errand because they would bring up petty crap faster than you could add them to the list. There are some actual, legitimate grievances people have toward the administration but by and large I never hear about any of them through the petty shitstorm.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

BJA posted:

Where is this thread?

Joementum posted:

Another scandal hits the administration.

Some more Presidents with umbrellas.

Guess it wasn't a Marine after all but oh hey, I guess Reagan did use an umbrella after all.

Republicans are so knee-jerk against everything Obama does that they are now against using umbrellas in the rain.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
If this legislation regarding sexual assaults in the military gains traction (lol it won't) expect a lot of macros/memes about Obummer not honoring ARE TROOPS time-honored traditions.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Best reaction to idiots whining about the umbrella.

http://terminallance.com/2013/05/17/terminal-lance-presidential-service/

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

This is amazing and any person should have a similar opinion, but that requires rationality.

Gen. Ripper
Jan 12, 2013

Defenestration posted:

What are we up to, like 200 repeal votes now?

In other news, I suck at gimp

This one is particularly hilarious because it's all :siren:A THING JUST HAPPENED:siren: and it turns out to be something that's happened ten billion times already.

Also like the snarky :allears: commenter.

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007

zoux posted:

Guess it wasn't a Marine after all but oh hey, I guess Reagan did use an umbrella after all.

Republicans are so knee-jerk against everything Obama does that they are now against using umbrellas in the rain.

I posted George Bush and George HW Bush with Army holding their umbrellas on the previous page. I know Army doesn't get the same jerking off that Marines do, but they do appear to be wearing Green Berets, which elevates it back into holiness.

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY

Pope Guilty posted:

Does anybody have a good reply for this "Obama treating Marines like golf caddies" horseshit?

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007
I heard Obama walks on the back of Marines everywhere he goes. There's a squad of 5 marines, and they continuously lay down in front of him, and when he has walked over them, they get up, and run to the front and lay down again.

And he's going to be President for 3 more years, and there's nothing anyone can do about it.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

XyloJW posted:

I heard Obama walks on the back of Marines everywhere he goes. There's a squad of 5 marines, and they continuously lay down in front of him, and when he has walked over them, they get up, and run to the front and lay down again.

And he's going to be President for 3 more years, and there's nothing anyone can do about it.

Try telling that to Congressional Republicans.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

XyloJW posted:

I posted George Bush and George HW Bush with Army holding their umbrellas on the previous page. I know Army doesn't get the same jerking off that Marines do, but they do appear to be wearing Green Berets, which elevates it back into holiness.

Nobody tell them of Ret. Master Sergeant Donald Duncan, then. :ssh:

Green Beret and one of the first Vietnam Vets to start acting to end the war.

Absurd Alhazred fucked around with this message at 22:34 on May 17, 2013

Walter
Jul 3, 2003

We think they're great. In a grand, mystical, neopolitical sense, these guys have a real message in their music. They don't, however, have neat names like me and Bono.
Well, he's just a VINO. He doesn't count.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

XyloJW posted:

Imagine 4 Marines lying down in front of the President. Say a direct copy of the Marine nearest the President is sent to the back of the line Marines and takes the place of the first Marine. The formerly first Marine becomes the second, the second becomes the third, and the fourth gets stepped on.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(

gradenko_2000 posted:

Imagine 4 Marines lying down in front of the President. Say a direct copy of the Marine nearest the President is sent to the back of the line Marines and takes the place of the first Marine. The formerly first Marine becomes the second, the second becomes the third, and the fourth gets stepped on.

You always did have a pension for the dutiful.

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY
Zybourne Clock will never stop being funny.

That Terminal Lance comic and the author's commentary is great. That strip is popular among Marines from what I understand so the author has some street cred.

ShiftyEyedRaccoon
Jun 4, 2011
Found this definitely not racist umbrella-related gem on the "Right Wing Rants & Raves" facebook page:

Enjoy!

13stitches
Mar 13, 2012

You were born free, you got fucked out of half of it and you wave a flag celebrating it.
Ovomit? Those guys aren't even trying anymore, what's next? Poopama? Altough this might already be to fancy for those guys, it would at least sound a little tiny bit like Obama if you slur it enough.

13stitches fucked around with this message at 01:51 on May 18, 2013

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
You see, it's not racist because the author is making a joke at the expense of them because they're black.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Zebra fool?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Zebras are African and Obama is black? I'm reaching I know.

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot

He's both white and black.

zeroprime
Mar 25, 2006

Words go here.

Fun Shoe

Zebras are both black and white.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I need to update my racist dictionary. It's from the 90's :(

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

This is the worst part about that racist pic that I got on my timeline yesterday.

"Huh? Picture making a joke about black people and watermelons? Seems okay to me!"

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Terminal Lance is a remarkably accurate representation of enlisted life.

Also love the "shut up no you wouldn't" that's the best way to response to that situation.

Gen. Ripper
Jan 12, 2013

Agents are GO! posted:

This is the worst part about that racist pic that I got on my timeline yesterday.

"Huh? Picture making a joke about black people and watermelons? Seems okay to me!"

Well did he say the n-word? :smug:

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS

Gen. Ripper posted:

Well did he say the n-word? :smug:
Never mind that, did he actually say black people are inferior to White people? He may have been admiring their lazy efficiency at watermelon eating. You're the real racist, for assuming he didn't like black people.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
Slave owners didn't HATE black people, therefore they were not racist.

TURN IT OFF!
Dec 26, 2012

Agents are GO! posted:

I think the issue is that the people who handle these reports on facebook are situated in third world countries, and eating watermelon isn't seen as racist outside of the US.

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007

TURN IT OFF! posted:

I think the issue is that the people who handle these reports on facebook are situated in third world countries, and eating watermelon isn't seen as racist outside of the US.

This makes a lot of sense and is completely hilarious. It explains why sometimes a completely innocuous post gets removed due to hate speech. "Woah, I can't believe that guy thought it was okay to show someone's uncle eating a pastry. That's screwed up."

Walter
Jul 3, 2003

We think they're great. In a grand, mystical, neopolitical sense, these guys have a real message in their music. They don't, however, have neat names like me and Bono.

ShiftyEyedRaccoon posted:

Found this definitely not racist umbrella-related gem on the "Right Wing Rants & Raves" facebook page:

Enjoy!

Jesus.

Sir Rolo
Oct 16, 2012
Here's a very boring week of LL101:

IRS

IRS

Okay, I'll give him this one for being batshit crazy.

Gunbortions

Umbrellas

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
My old college buddy remains just shy of frothing at the mouth. His latest post on Facebook is a chain-letter-style cut-and-paste of this column:

http://mychal-massie.com/premium/why-i-do-not-like-the-obamas/

There's something beautiful to me about how this guy, who's apparently a WND contributor in his spare time, wants to be considered a respectable elder statesman and fearless writer of unquestionable truths, but he has no idea how to use apostrophes. The biography on his site has similar problems.

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007
As usual, the Onion is on top of the source of the latest wave of viral idiocy.

e: also this :speculate:

HiroProtagonist fucked around with this message at 18:40 on May 18, 2013

KillerJunglist
May 22, 2007

Lion of Judah protect you, Jah be praised.

Sir Rolo posted:

Umbrellas

I would like to know what this marine thinks of this image macro. I'm sure he finds it hilarious.

U.S. Barryl
Apr 16, 2003
Have you guys ever tried to hold something at arms length out to your side for an extended period of time? It's pretty rough. That's my only issue with those Marines holding umbrellas.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Sir Rolo posted:

Okay, I'll give him this one for being batshit crazy.
Pretty sure this is trying to draw a parallel with homosexuality. Not entirely sure if it's any worse than the usual.

quote:

Gunbortions
:allears:

TheJunkyardGod
Sep 19, 2004

Do not taunt the Octopus

U.S. Barryl posted:

Have you guys ever tried to hold something at arms length out to your side for an extended period of time? It's pretty rough. That's my only issue with those Marines holding umbrellas.

My Military friend said the same thing. Also he was upset that Obama didn't tell him to come under the umbrella with him.

Seriously, he's a Marine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Walter
Jul 3, 2003

TheJunkyardGod posted:

My Military friend said the same thing. Also he was upset that Obama didn't tell him to come under the umbrella with him.

Seriously, he's a Marine.

that Marine posted:

It's a big enough umbrella,
but it's always me that ends up getting wet.

Walter fucked around with this message at 21:21 on May 18, 2013