Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CRACK FIRE BEATS
Sep 11, 2001

DM Punk posted:

Also, this weekend is 2CW's Girls Grand Prix 2. Pretty good group of women. Cherry Bomb vs Courtney Rush will be especially good since they've been feuding for years in various promotions. Rachel Summerlyn won last years tournament, beating Sara Del Rey. 2CW posted a match from that show this week. Portia Perez vs Summerlyn. Around the 1 minute mark, you can see Portia yank $20 from me.

http://vimeo.com/48223820

Why are people giving her money? Did she keep it? Also, Edge of Seventeen for entrance music...classy!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kwik
Apr 4, 2006

You can't touch our beaver. :canada:

DM Punk posted:

Also, this weekend is 2CW's Girls Grand Prix 2. Pretty good group of women. Cherry Bomb vs Courtney Rush will be especially good since they've been feuding for years in various promotions. Rachel Summerlyn won last years tournament, beating Sara Del Rey. 2CW posted a match from that show this week. Portia Perez vs Summerlyn. Around the 1 minute mark, you can see Portia yank $20 from me.

http://vimeo.com/48223820

Grand Prix goes to Cherry Bomb, beating Rush in round 1, Nikki Roxx in Round 2, and then Allysin Kay, and Jessicka Havok in an impromptu 3-way dance in the final. Pacing in some of the matches seemed a little off, the finish to Cherry Bomb/Nikki Roxx came out of nowhere, but overall, a pretty good show. They announced Sami Callihan vs. RVD for a Monday night in 3 weeks, but alas, work will get in the way of that one. Next weekend show they run though, I'll probably be there, they put on a decent show.

RudoReels
Feb 21, 2013

RudoReels.com for International Pro Wrestling DVDs and Downloads.

Free downloads in every newsletter email!
Offering up a free Manami Toyota DVD download for a limited time.
http://rudoreels.com/digital/index.php/best-of-manami-toyota-v01-free-download/
Enjoy & spread it around. :)

RudoReels.com - Your #1 stop for international pro wrestling DVDs

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
SHINE doesn't have a show this month, but next month is SHINE 11, and it will be a one night tournament for their title. Since Allysin Kay is suspended and Jazz is injured, it opened up 2 spots in the 8 woman tournament. Here is the brackets.

The two empty spots will be filled by 4 way matches. Pretty interesting. My money is still on Rain to win it though.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

DM Punk posted:

SHINE doesn't have a show this month, but next month is SHINE 11, and it will be a one night tournament for their title. Since Allysin Kay is suspended and Jazz is injured, it opened up 2 spots in the 8 woman tournament. Here is the brackets.

The two empty spots will be filled by 4 way matches. Pretty interesting. My money is still on Rain to win it though.

Oh god it's the Evolve title tournament all over again.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

DM Punk posted:

Weird, I figured they'd do Rain and Mercedes Martinez in the finals.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004

njsykora posted:

Oh god it's the Evolve title tournament all over again.

Thats exactly what I thought when I saw it. So, it pretty much maid the previous 2 shows which had 8 "qualifier" matches pointless. Since all the people who lost those matches are back in the tournament (except for Madison Eagles who's back in Australia).

coconono posted:

Weird, I figured they'd do Rain and Mercedes Martinez in the finals.

They wouldn't do heel vs heel in the finals. My guess is it will be Rain vs Santana or Leva in the finals. Gotta have the big babyface for the crowd to root for in the finals. Santana is SUPER over with the crowd, so her winning it would not surprise me.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

oooo I kinda like Saraya Knight vs. Santana or Leva. That could easily transition into a running feud.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004

coconono posted:

oooo I kinda like Saraya Knight vs. Santana or Leva. That could easily transition into a running feud.

Yeah, but Saraya Knight isn't going to be around every month.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

DM Punk posted:

Yeah, but Saraya Knight isn't going to be around every month.

just tow her caravan down to Ybor city and hook it up to utilities, problem solved.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Allysin Kay is taking her suspension from SHINE and being productive:

http://www.diva-dirt.com/2013/06/26/allysin-kay-heading-to-japan-shine-return-in-doubt-exclusive/

I've never heard of Diana before.

RudoReels
Feb 21, 2013

RudoReels.com for International Pro Wrestling DVDs and Downloads.

Free downloads in every newsletter email!

coconono posted:

Allysin Kay is taking her suspension from SHINE and being productive:

http://www.diva-dirt.com/2013/06/26/allysin-kay-heading-to-japan-shine-return-in-doubt-exclusive/

I've never heard of Diana before.

I have a couple Diana shows but for some reason I haven't added them to the new store yet.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
Jenny Rose was in Diana for the last year. Everytime she uploads a match, it looks like it was filmed in some spare garage or something.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.
It's Kyoko's promotion and basically doesn't draw anything. It's mainly The Home for Old Ladies That's Not OZ Academy with a few random people. I think a few very late era NEO/Ito Dojo wrestlers are there (Aki Kambayashi and another one I'm forgetting). She's got Hotta, Jaguar, Kaoru Ito, and a semi-un-retired Tomoko Watanabe as regulars. I THINK Kyoko Kimura too since most people seem to think she's Mask de Sun.

I've tried watching a bit but ehhhhhhh. It's just nothing too great with mostly a bunch of way past their primes workers. None of the flash or youth of Stardom and none of the generally solidness of JWP.

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

Suben posted:

It's Kyoko's promotion and basically doesn't draw anything. It's mainly The Home for Old Ladies That's Not OZ Academy with a few random people. I think a few very late era NEO/Ito Dojo wrestlers are there (Aki Kambayashi and another one I'm forgetting). She's got Hotta, Jaguar, Kaoru Ito, and a semi-un-retired Tomoko Watanabe as regulars. I THINK Kyoko Kimura too since most people seem to think she's Mask de Sun.

I've tried watching a bit but ehhhhhhh. It's just nothing too great with mostly a bunch of way past their primes workers. None of the flash or youth of Stardom and none of the generally solidness of JWP.

That's depressing. You'd think that someone with the buzz of AK would at least get a call from Stardom, who seem more than happy to bring in American performers and give then an opportunity to show their stuff (proprietary contracts aside).

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Outside of SHINE and SHIMMER, most US women's wrestling is done in Lexxi Fyfe's garage, AK should do just fine.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
This is like the coolest kids birthday party ever.

Shanna vs Leah Von Dutch from Extreme American Wrestling...which is in the UK.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xHMD0quSzU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

DM Punk posted:

oh cool. This was mentioned on the Fight Like a Girl podcast.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005

DM Punk posted:

Those little kids are the perfect audience for them. Get the marks into women's wrestling when they're young and don't care about boobs.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Dead Snoopy posted:

Those little kids are the perfect audience for them. Get the marks into women's wrestling when they're young and don't care about boobs.

There was a video of some match at a fairground, I think it was Allysin Kay vs. Courtney Rush, where all the little kids were solidly behind Courtney. And at the end, after she lost, the kids all chased the dastardly heel Allysin away. :)

I Love My Axe
Dec 30, 2009

Let's go Blue Pants!
Here it is, and it's adorable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4uJw7gslEQ

"I know where you live!"
"No you don't!"

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

http://www.youtube.com/user/chocolate128CN/

This dude's got a shitload of Chigusa Nagayo stuff which is cool if you like Chigusa.

Which you should because she was a really great wrestler and easily one of the best babyfaces of all time. Of course Dump being one of the best heels of all time helped Chigusa a lot too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgMXv2ZFNmw

Suben fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Jun 29, 2013

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
Don't botch, especially in Japan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_asZN6-JYsw

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

She could have just spun around and jumped with everyone else

oatgan fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Jun 29, 2013

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Any girl who would openly get tattoos in Japan is not the kind of girl I would gently caress with. And that goes double for her friend Kyoko Kimura.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Suben posted:

Of course Dump being one of the best heels of all time helped Chigusa a lot too.

I've actually been watching all the Gokuaku Domei stuff I can find.

Holy poo poo, they were amazing, and crowds absolutely HATED them. Dump and Bull together are just absolutely incredible.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

Dump's one of the best "hide the weaknesses, emphasize the strengths" wrestlers. She was never a good worker so turning her matches into violent clusterfuck brawls where she'd beat use every dirty trick possible, use weapons, threaten and toss around refs, have her cronies run in, and generally turn matches into pure chaos worked amazingly in getting crowds riled up and wanting the babyfaces to win.

The Crushes would've still been fairly popular but I don't really think it's too out there to say that they never would've been as big as they were without having Dump and her gang to feud with. Chigusa's insane ability to play to the crowd and play the role of fiery, "never say die" babyface worked great too and Lioness was the cool, composed badass. It's just one of those lightning in a bottle situations where you had the right people working against one another who played off of each other perfectly.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

It's just absolutely wonderful. I mean, every match ends in a big interference schmozz, but it's just so much fun to watch. I was watching a Bull Nakano/Lioness match, where the match goes on fine for about 10 minutes, then, just off-camera, the crowd parts like the Red Sea, but you can't see why. The camera pans around, and Dump is BOOKING IT to the ring, swinging a chain, Brody-style. It just happened totally out of nowhere and I was loving rolling around laughing, it was amazing.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

Dump's finest moment is always going to be the '85 hair vs. hair match against Chigusa though. She completely brutalizes her and the after match stuff with Chigusa getting her head shaved, crying fans, fans angrily throwing streamers at the ring... it's all great. And for good measure it was considered so violent that it actually got AJW kicked off the air for a few weeks.

Edit: I really, when I've got the money, need to pick up that giant pre-Crush AJW set someone from DVDVR put together a while back since there's not really a lot of that stuff out there.

Suben fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Jun 29, 2013

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA
Yesterday, after a few months of not following Stardom, I watched a bunch of shows.

What happened to Act Yasukawa? :cripes: Why is she not a screaming booze pirate anymore?

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Solomonic posted:

Yesterday, after a few months of not following Stardom, I watched a bunch of shows.

What happened to Act Yasukawa? :cripes: Why is she not a screaming booze pirate anymore?

The greatest wrestling tragedy of our time. She basically switched characters to compete for the white belt after Aikawa retired. Then got injured.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

She just returned from her injuries recently, actually.

I'm still waiting for the Korakuen show from a few months ago to get out because I really want to see that Natsuki/Yoneyama match.

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."
Act's gimmick is that she's a samurai now, last I checked.

Still rocking the one pant-leg though.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

Act's gimmick is that she's an actress (she's a theater major irl) who takes different roles. She was a pirate for a while, now she's a samurai, next who knows?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Even though I love the idea of someone changing gimmicks so often because her gimmick is an actress, I'm really gonna miss the bondage pirate.

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

Suben posted:

Act's gimmick is that she's an actress (she's a theater major irl) who takes different roles. She was a pirate for a while, now she's a samurai, next who knows?

Okay, that's actually pretty awesome, I was not aware of that. It makes sense!

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

oh hey its SHINE time again! This time they get a belt!

quote:

HINE Wrestling presents
SHINE 11: One Title. One Destiny.
Friday, July 12th, 2013
Bell Time - 9 PM
The Orpheum
1915 E. 7th Avenue
Ybor City, FL

Already Signed -

SHINE Championship Tournament

Event Hostess - Chasity Taylor

Bracket A Fatal Four Way Qualifier - Winner Faces Rain in the First Round
Mercedes Martinez vs. Nikki Roxx vs. LuFisto vs. Su Yung

Bracket B Fatal Four Way Qualifier - Winner Faces Santana in the First Round
Amazing Kong vs. Angelina Love vs. Ivelisse vs. Kimberly

Bracket A First Round Matches

Rain w/ April Hunter vs. Fatal Four Way Winner

Sweet Saraya Knight vs. Jessicka Havok

Bracket B First Round Matches

Santana vs. Fatal Four Way Winner

Leva vs. Mia Yim

Plus - Semi-Finals & Finals, as well as "The Scream Queen" Daffney

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

So...what's the deal with Oz Academy? I tried watching some of there stuff the other day and I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around what they're trying to do.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Renaissance Spam posted:

So...what's the deal with Oz Academy? I tried watching some of there stuff the other day and I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around what they're trying to do.
Mayumi Ozaki might be a little crazy in her old age, I haven't ever been able to follow that promotion too closely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

Renaissance Spam posted:

Ozaki and GAEA/Arsion vets and some freelancers doing things with Ozaki and a constantly shifting stable (Oz Army) trying hard to be Dump/Gokuaku Doumei and people seem to switch between face/heel at random times.

It's... eh. I like AKINO a lot but not enough to follow Oz regularly.

• Locked thread