Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sam.
Jan 1, 2009

"I thought we had something, Shepard. Something real."
:qq:
Is CK2+ compatible with 1.102?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Non Sequitur
Apr 22, 2007
A queasy undergraduate scratching his pimples
:frogsiren: Beta patch out on Steam :frogsiren:

quote:

v1.103b (MTDE)

INTERFACE:
- Fixed incorrect AI reasoning text string "X is my lover"
- Fixed a tooltip bug in the effect 'gender_succ'
- Corrected some text bugs
- It is no longer possible to start building Theodosian walls outside of Constantinople
- Wikipedia links should now work on Linux

GAMEPLAY:
- Changed the way levies reinforce (to fix a rounding bug.) This will overall reduce levy reinforcement rates a bit.
- Tech spread no longer gets stuck at 5

- Patricians with no landed holdings now correctly get some random courtiers (which they can, for example, marry)
- Euboia is no longer "Ocean" terrain
- You can no longer become a truce breaker from failed imprisonments or title revokations, or wars from events, plots or factions
- 867: Gave Almos, the ruler of the Magyars, and his son Arpad scripted traits
- 867: Slightly strengthened the initial Magyar army
- Kingdoms with a king can now also de jure drift into empires
- Independent kingdoms can no longer drift out of their de jure empires

- Added Zoroastrian Crusade target weights to appropriate titles
- Human played vassals of the Magyars now get to keep their Ukrainian lands when Hungary forms
- Added level three Castle Fortifications to Constantinople
- Boosted the heavy infantry morale bonus given by the Aztec Jaguar Warrior Lodge
- Fixed a crash with deleted characters in a title's previous holder list
- The Seljuks now appear a bit further south, in Dashhowuz rather than Kyzylorda

AI:
- Fixed a bug where patrician AI would go braindead for a long time after resign/reload
- Fixed an issue where, in many cases, under Gavelkind the AI would not create a second duchy even to form a kingdom

- Fixed a bug in the diplo AI where it would consider other lowborn characters to be its own dynasty
- Tweaked cross-religion Pagan marriage acceptance

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill
Woop, time to see if I will be able to hamfistedly get CK2+ to work with it! I doubt it!

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Is there any way to disable de jure drift entirely? I'm not normally one that cares about pretty borders, but seeing duchies spread out over half a dozen unconnected provinces annoys me.

grancheater
May 1, 2013

Wine'em, dine'em, 69'em
You can set their drift time to be very long (longer than the game lasts) by changing the DE_JURE_ASSIMILATION_YEARS and EMPIRE_DE_JURE_ASSIMILATION_YEARS in common/defines.lua

Duchies don't drift though, so I'm not sure what your issue is.

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.
I hope this doesn't break CK2+ and AGOT because I need those mods or I'll die IRL.

AGOT usually cranks out compatibility patches pretty quickly, anyway.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

Non Sequitur posted:

Kingdoms with a king can now also de jure drift into empires

:psyduck: They finally fixed it!

beefart
Jul 5, 2007

IT'S ON THE HOUSE OF AMON
~grandmaaaaaaa~

SeaTard posted:

If it's anything like a Norse Merchant Republic, you'll have effectively unlimited trade posts if you can manage to not expand. The downside of course is that expansion is fun, and making sure every province is a city owned by a relative is also fun, so you won't have as many trade posts as you would think.

In my tutorial LP game I wanted to show off how Norse pagans could set up a trade republic, so I won a prepared invasion for Frisia and set one up in Holland. Only after a century later did I remember from earlier in the thread that you need at least Trade Practices I to build trade posts so they had just been sitting around twiddling their thumbs instead of being actual merchants :negative:

At least they got funny hats :shobon:

jpmeyer
Jan 17, 2012

parody image of che

Cody Banks posted:

It took 200 years, but I've finally become Emperor of Britannia. :)

This game is amazing, but it's loving hard. So much so that I'm a little afraid to try a non-Ireland playthrough. Maybe I'll make an attempt at Hispania, although it seems Muslims would be a huge problem.

Castille in 1066 is a pretty standard Babby's Second CK2 Playthrough. I haven't tried it in 867 though. The Jimenas in 1066 are like mini-Karlings with everyone having claims to everyone else's titles so it's a good place to learn how to navigate gaining titles/claims through stabbing.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

jpmeyer posted:

Castille in 1066 is a pretty standard Babby's Second CK2 Playthrough. I haven't tried it in 867 though. The Jimenas in 1066 are like mini-Karlings with everyone having claims to everyone else's titles so it's a good place to learn how to navigate gaining titles/claims through stabbing.

Otoh, Muslim Clowncar can wreck your poo poo.

I find Brittany a pretty good starting point because you're natural allies with both the French and the English and its an easy place to try and get claims on either.

TheOtherContraGuy
Jul 4, 2007

brave skeleton sacrifice
The 867 start for Asturias is a ton of fun because the Ummayyads are stronger than you but rather unstable. It requires a lot of plotting and diplomatic marriages if you want to stay afloat.

jpmeyer
Jan 17, 2012

parody image of che

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Otoh, Muslim Clowncar can wreck your poo poo.

I find Brittany a pretty good starting point because you're natural allies with both the French and the English and its an easy place to try and get claims on either.

I've found the clown carring to be far more manageable under the recent patches due to the range limitations on holy wars.

Plus, you've got your (literals) bros to back you up.

EDIT: Also, fun with holy war backstabbing!

jpmeyer fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Jun 28, 2013

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Non Sequitur posted:

- Tech spread no longer gets stuck at 5

That explains a lot.

On another note: How does the special building bonus work? Does the bonus apply to all units including retinues? Do you have to hold them yourself?

Finally: Is there any difference between Sunni and Shiites in game terms?

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Good news, everyone! It looks as if the beta patch works with CK2+!

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

jpmeyer posted:

I've found the clown carring to be far more manageable under the recent patches due to the range limitations on holy wars.

Plus, you've got your (literals) bros to back you up.

EDIT: Also, fun with holy war backstabbing!

I suppose, I always like to use ruler creator so that means Spain is offlimits till I can marry into it or holy war it.

Current CK+ game has had five successful crusades: Judea, Egypt, Cirenica, Mauritian, and Africa, the later two of which essentially crippled the two Hispanic Emirates so I've been taking them apart piece by piece thanks to mom's Kingdom of Aragon.(I am King of England, Brittany, Wales and now :iiam: Denmark and Norway in Addition to like all of Spain and Portugal.)

beefart
Jul 5, 2007

IT'S ON THE HOUSE OF AMON
~grandmaaaaaaa~

jpmeyer posted:

Leon is also loving great, since Alfonso starts with something like 24 intrigue and you can quickly stab your brothers to death before they reproduce.

Lareine
Jul 22, 2007

KIIIRRRYYYUUUUU CHAAAANNNNNN
Tell me about kidnapping. I'm having trouble getting the option to kidnap sometimes. The only option I have is kill.

GrabbinPeels
Jan 3, 2010

I only regret not giving up sooner.

Non Sequitur posted:

- It is no longer possible to start building Theodosian walls outside of Constantinople

Sometimes the patch notes just make me realize that I missed out on abusing hilarious bugs.

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

Lareine posted:

Tell me about kidnapping. I'm having trouble getting the option to kidnap sometimes. The only option I have is kill.

I don't think that's an option in vanilla. Unless you mean capturing people normally, which can happen after a successful battle or siege, but can't really be influenced to happen more often.

genericnick posted:

That explains a lot.

On another note: How does the special building bonus work? Does the bonus apply to all units including retinues? Do you have to hold them yourself?

Finally: Is there any difference between Sunni and Shiites in game terms?

I believe the building bonuses apply to any troops from that holding that are of the right type, so your Housecarl Training Ground would boost all the Heavy Infantry from that barony. Your retinues count as being from your capital holding, IIRC.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

SeaTard posted:

If it's anything like a Norse Merchant Republic, you'll have effectively unlimited trade posts if you can manage to not expand. The downside of course is that expansion is fun, and making sure every province is a city owned by a relative is also fun, so you won't have as many trade posts as you would think.

All of those unlanded relatives eat your precious gold. You will need the extra trade posts just to keep up with them.

I found it's more profitable to simply set yourself up with a king level title and just create a poo poo ton of vassal merchant republics. I was basically creating one for every 25ish trade post spots (which is about what an AI merchant republic can usually manage to cover). Since you are a merchant republic as well, they wont hate you like they do as a castle ruler and are actually rather easy to manage, since they don't set up horrible super duchies as easily via marriage like regular vassals.

Your levies will suck a bit, but you can make up for it by hiring mercenaries. All of the mercenaries.

Nuclearmonkee fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Jun 28, 2013

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
I'm writing events and characters but I can't map what I want to do :saddowns:

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Then you have a responsibility that no man has ever faced. You have your fear which could become reality, and you have Godzilla, which is reality.

Is it possible to zip or something the Beta files for us GG users? Or would that not be considered :filez:?

Daeren
Aug 18, 2009

YER MUSTACHE IS CROOKED

Nuclearmonkee posted:

All of those unlanded relatives eat your precious gold. You will need the extra trade posts just to keep up with them.

In my current Norse republic game, which has me controlling all of Britannia, Norway, and most of Francia, I had like 15 kids with my last Fylkir by using concubines, built a bazillion trading posts with the cap boost, and am planning on kicking all the freeloaders into baronies and churches once they're done growing to keep them out of my court. Am I missing something, or is that not a way to circumvent trade post caps pretty easily while keeping gold away from money-grubbing relatives?

The other patrician families are effectively neutered because not a one holds any actual land, I have 25,000 gold, and they each only control enough trading posts to piss me off when they interrupt my giant chain from the north of Scotland down to the Gibraltar and across to Denmark. I'm not too worried about them plotting against me to nab trading posts, especially when I get a free imprison shot against them over it.

deadking
Apr 13, 2006

Hello? Charlemagne?!

Non Sequitur posted:

"Fixed incorrect AI reasoning text string "X is my lover""

I'm glad to know that this was a bug and that it's getting fixed. In my most recent game I was trying to arrange a betrothal between my daughter and the very young (4 and 2) sons of the king of Poland and it gave this as the reason for refusal. For a little while I thought that Crusader Kings II had taken a very dark and horrible turn.

Brutus Salad
Nov 8, 2009

Best buddies forever! :3:

SeaTard posted:

Is there any way to disable de jure drift entirely? I'm not normally one that cares about pretty borders, but seeing duchies spread out over half a dozen unconnected provinces annoys me.

grancheater posted:

You can set their drift time to be very long (longer than the game lasts) by changing the DE_JURE_ASSIMILATION_YEARS and EMPIRE_DE_JURE_ASSIMILATION_YEARS in common/defines.lua

Duchies don't drift though, so I'm not sure what your issue is.
In addition to this you can also set individual titles to not assimilate at all in landed_titles.txt, this can be rather painful though, and kind of fucks over titular title holders.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Jastiger posted:

If I'm a lesser count to the duchess of Tuscany and she declares war on the HRE, do all my guys and vassals guys get levied up automatically? Do I have a say at all? What about my own dudes?

Since no one answered: your liege can automatically requisition a given % of your total levies (domain + vassal). The percentage depends on the crown authority and laws of the realm you're in; in your case, that'd be the HRE, which starts with pretty lax laws.

In practice, this tends not to be too big a deal for you, since levies replenish themselves pretty quickly, and levies you've already raised (i.e., if you're already in a war) can't be called to help your liege. It's only a problem if you were planning to start a war right before your levies were called up.

(Also, you have to pay for your domain levies, so there's a small financial cost to having your levies called. Still fairly minor.)

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Brutus Salad posted:

In addition to this you can also set individual titles to not assimilate at all in landed_titles.txt, this can be rather painful though, and kind of fucks over titular title holders.

Isn't there a setting in defines where things only assimilate if they border de-jure land of that title, there was before old gods at least.

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

Beamed posted:

Is it possible to zip or something the Beta files for us GG users? Or would that not be considered :filez:?

What's the reason why people with Gamersgate copies can't just request Steam copies anyway? I was gifted a GG copy to start which has forced me to stick with it the whole way.

Rumda posted:

Isn't there a setting in defines where things only assimilate if they border de-jure land of that title, there was before old gods at least.

I forget, did this take into account islands at all? Like, if the island duchy was "adjacent" it would start integrating, or did it just ignore those?

Freelancepolice
Apr 8, 2008
Looks like steam has added Ck2 trading cards, who wants to trade my inbred dwarf brother for a torture chamber card?

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
Ignored unless it had a strait.

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

Rumda posted:

Ignored unless it had a strait.

So Crete, Venice, Canaries, etc can't be shifted over? Seems annoying. Also sort of annoying that you can't make Normandy de jure England even after a long time. Basically there should always be a path to de jure things, though it may take a long time.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
One thing I find myself wishing is that inheritance laws would kind of propagate down from the top level title, to represent that it's how the kingdom does things. Maybe only for de-jure vassals under high crown authority, or something like that.

I suppose it wouldn't be that difficult to program in, necessarily, since succession laws are already decisions - you just have to have the AI do it.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

Strudel Man posted:

One thing I find myself wishing is that inheritance laws would kind of propagate down from the top level title, to represent that it's how the kingdom does things. Maybe only for de-jure vassals under high crown authority, or something like that.

I suppose it wouldn't be that difficult to program in, necessarily, since succession laws are already decisions - you just have to have the AI do it.

I normally save-edit to do this (at least for vassal titles I create and hand out) but it would be awesome if AIs were a little more likely to adapt inheritance laws that matched their liege. It probably wouldn't take much more than editing the AI likelihood sections of the decisions.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003

Dallan Invictus posted:

I normally save-edit to do this (at least for vassal titles I create and hand out) but it would be awesome if AIs were a little more likely to adapt inheritance laws that matched their liege. It probably wouldn't take much more than editing the AI likelihood sections of the decisions.
Yeah. By default, it simply doesn't change inheritance laws ever, unless there's a plot demanding it. But that could be changed.

HenessyHero
Mar 4, 2008

I love it when the megadukes of my realm turn all their frustrated hate outwards instead of inwards. They're snapping up counties and duchies left and right and my kingdom is growing 4x faster than normal :allears:

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

Strudel Man posted:

Yeah. By default, it simply doesn't change inheritance laws ever, unless there's a plot demanding it. But that could be changed.

You - or at least I think it was you - wrote a pile of events to do this too once, as I recall. (I still use them, actually.)

HenessyHero posted:

I love it when the megadukes of my realm turn all their frustrated hate outwards instead of inwards. They're snapping up counties and duchies left and right and my kingdom is growing 4x faster than normal :allears:

This is the best part of having megadukes, even if I know I will regret it when they turn on me (because they will turn on me.)

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

My last game ended when my Megaduke of All Southern England, Western Scotland, and Northern Ireland turned on me. :qq:

MLKQUOTEMACHINE fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Jun 29, 2013

HenessyHero
Mar 4, 2008

3 of my megadukes are women thanks to my dynasty's lovely fertility/low male survival rate.

My heir is attractive and strong.

I think going to dig the next succession :smug:

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

HenessyHero posted:

3 of my megadukes are women thanks to my dynasty's lovely fertility/low male survival rate.

My heir is attractive and strong.

I think going to dig the next succession :smug:

Michael Von Weimar has died of natural causes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

No it's not. It's from one of my games. I have the original somewhere on a hard drive at home. I think you can prolly find it one of the previous threads, too.

Wat?

I've seen the "make a friend" picture on another website, and previously concluded that it must be a screenshot from a mod. Moral of the story. don't post about ck2 at 2 in the morning.

• Locked thread