Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

este
Feb 17, 2004

Boing!
Dinosaur Gum

Isko posted:

There is no way that The Good Guys is not a joke. It's literally impossible to fund without hundreds of thousands of backings with no rewards and the clipping through cars and other objects in the video couldn't be anything but intentional.

DancingPenguin linked it above you, but Lore pretty much disproves your hypothesis: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1376466869/lore-0/?ref=kicktraq

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DancingPenguin
Nov 27, 2012

I ish kakadu.

este posted:

DancingPenguin linked it above you, but Lore pretty much disproves your hypothesis: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1376466869/lore-0/?ref=kicktraq

Lore posted:

look the AI works

Why would anyone in their right minds not back this?

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Lore posted:

All I can see is Nick Cage's face now...

EDIT:

All I can see is this face.
\/

Al Borland has a new favorite as of 00:11 on Jul 2, 2013

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

Al Borland posted:

All I can see is Nick Cage's face now...

Really? It always made me think of Hulk Hogan, personally.

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001

este posted:

Oh my God...

quote:

We understand this is something that has never been done but in 1492 Christopher Columbus went out into the sea and everybody told him he was going to fall off the end of the world but with his risk and passion we now know the earth is round and without his will and guts we would not be where we are today. The point i am trying to make nothing is risk free 16 years ago there was no internet but one man changed that. HEDY LAMARR was a actresses in the 1930's she came up with guided torpedoes for world war 2 she called and called the US army, government but no one listened because she was beauty and she was a actresses. My point is no one can understand vision if it was the 1930's are 1492 would kickstarter be a place to support like Hedy Lamarr and Christopher Columbus.

This is so inspiring!

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Al Borland posted:

The sad part is i was approached by someone similar to this once to make a game and he showed me MS paint art for guns. He wanted to make a FPS that was basically halo in Australia plus MRES for health packs.

People would play that if it's a CoD/Battlefield DLC.

EllDoubleYew
Jun 28, 2013

Zaphod42 posted:

I'm actually blown away they have some actual in-engine video to show off, and it isn't complete poo poo (it is poo poo though). I'm going to assume they're using Unity? God drat you Unity, at least before it was pretty obvious to tell the poo poo games from the half-way decent ones by looking at a single screenshot of the engine. Now anybody is free to download unity and the most basic bullshit and then make a couple lovely models and think they understand game development... :argh:

It really doesn't even look like an engine, It looks like he took a 3D modeling program and compiled a bunch of 3D objections into one scene and put it into a sort of presentation mode and flew the camera around. I doubt he has any thing more than that to show.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

judge reinhold posted:

Oh my God...

This is so inspiring!

The shitstorm was quite a thrill ride while it lasted. Sadly, not much has been seen of RealPlayersGrind since (unless someone's been looking)

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Evil Fluffy posted:

People would play that if it's a CoD/Battlefield DLC.

I dunno the guy wanted to release it exclusively on the Wii - I think that may have been why he went with MS Paint pictures of rifles...

Snodgrass Supreme
Nov 6, 2012

Wait a minute...

Of all the things to stick on the forehead of your stupid yeti monster?? If it weren't for all the work put into this I'd say it has to be fake, but I honestly can't tell

That Damn Satyr
Nov 4, 2008

A connoisseur of fine junk

EllDoubleYew posted:

It really doesn't even look like an engine, It looks like he took a 3D modeling program and compiled a bunch of 3D objections into one scene and put it into a sort of presentation mode and flew the camera around. I doubt he has any thing more than that to show.

The whole thing looks like it was put together in SecondLife.

That Damn Satyr has a new favorite as of 06:25 on Jul 2, 2013

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

este posted:

How did I miss this before?

look at the bottom im working on it as you can see this is really me doing it

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Look Professor, a destruct switch!

Snodgrass Supreme posted:

Wait a minute...

Of all the things to stick on the forehead of your stupid yeti monster?? If it weren't for all the work put into this I'd say it has to be fake, but I honestly can't tell

Unless I'm misremembering, a goon made that image.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

senrath posted:

Unless I'm misremembering, a goon made that image.

Yes, it was and RPG (the 'developer') put it on his Kickstarter page. There was also HATE TROLL TIM (named after a goon who criticized him) but he removed the rendering of that leg already.

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?
I have to believe the guy who made the Lore KS has some sort of brain damage. :psyduck:

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

FadedReality posted:

I have to believe the guy who made the Lore KS has some sort of brain damage. :psyduck:

He did. IIRC that was why the mockery died off, he's a legit mentally ill/disabled person.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Xelkelvos posted:

The shitstorm was quite a thrill ride while it lasted. Sadly, not much has been seen of RealPlayersGrind since (unless someone's been looking)

I actually looked up his youtube channel just last week but he hadn't posted anything new since he last came up in the thread.

...of SCIENCE! posted:

He did. IIRC that was why the mockery died off, he's a legit mentally ill/disabled person.

Yeah, he's apparently got some sort of acquired brain injury.

booshi
Aug 14, 2004

:tastykake:||||||||||:tastykake:

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

Rum-runners, beat cops, and gangsters from the 1920s. Incidentally, the same group that makes flatcaps traditional wedding and funeral attire.

..and Philadelphians. My whole extended family says poo poo like "hey youse guys! Let's get wooder ice!"

Twenty Drunk Apes
Jun 17, 2012

The mane you say? Please note that this is a pity avatar because even bronies feel sorry for this poster so :effort:.

...of SCIENCE! posted:

That never stopped us making fun of Kyoon. :sax:

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

I actually looked up his youtube channel just last week but he hadn't posted anything new since he last came up in the thread.

Yeah, he's apparently got some sort of acquired brain injury.

He left his Bitcoin mining rig on while it was hot one night.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Zaphod42 posted:

This Kickstarter is dildos.

If you have to kickstart a dildo, you're doing it wrong.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Jedit posted:

:ssh: It was a Metalocalypse joke.

Nnep
Jun 17, 2007

3-2 2-0
For only 40/50 dollars you get a lifetime of backpain

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1090767626/the-fusion-wallet

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Jedit posted:

Or very, very right :getin:

Nnep
Jun 17, 2007

3-2 2-0
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/glukkake/narwhal-bbq-skewers

50 dollar narwhal bbq skewers? Theres a market for that.

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

Nnep posted:

I think it's safe to say most of the backers will be fedora-wearers who think the wallet looks classy.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Nnep posted:

Good god that wallet is terrible. It doesn't even have card slots or a moneyclip or anything useful, it's entirely form over function and the form isn't even all that appealing

It's just a cheap elastic band on the inside like you'd find on a pair of basketball shorts or something, it's going to wear out eventually under any amount of strain from cards or bills.

b0red
Apr 3, 2013

Nnep posted:

And the steampunk nerds go wild

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

So they say it holds 8 kg of weight, but show it holding 2 1.25 kg weights? Last time I checked, 2*1.25 is 2.5, not 8.

A Fancy 400 lbs has a new favorite as of 03:09 on Jul 3, 2013

creatine
Jan 27, 2012

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

So they say it holds 8 kg of weight, but show it holding 2 1.25 kg weights? Last time I checked, 2*1.25 is 2.5, not 8.

Only the front is 1.25. Judging from diameter I'd say the others are like 3kg each

DancingPenguin
Nov 27, 2012

I ish kakadu.

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

That looks like four weights to me. I.e. two of them could be 2.75 kg each.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Ah, I thought that was just part of the same weight that was raised a bit, I guess it is a separate one. My bad.

DancingPenguin
Nov 27, 2012

I ish kakadu.

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

Ah, I thought that was just part of the same weight that was raised a bit, I guess it is a separate one. My bad.

I still have a really hard time seeing how this possibly could be an interesting pitch.
So yeah, how much weight can your wallet take? :smuggo:

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

DancingPenguin posted:

I still have a really hard time seeing how this possibly could be an interesting pitch.
So yeah, how much weight can your wallet take? :smuggo:

To distract from the fact that the maximum capacity is 8 cards/5 notes.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
If they're standard metric weights it would be 2x 1.25kg and 2x 2.5kg, so 7.5kg and not 8kg.

Which doesn't detract from the fact that it's a stupid way to prove the durability of a wallet hinge.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Nnep posted:

$3.50 for my latte? Let me just get out my super strong wallet. Hold on a second, I have to take everything in my wallet out so I can find my debit card. There you go. Now to spend 30 second putting everything back in it. Sure, it's a huge pain in the rear end, but it's all worth it to know that my wallet can hold up 8 kg of weight.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I will never understand the desire to make all these tiny wallets that can't hold any coins. I find a normal wallet just fine since it actually allows me to carry stuff..

Xandu
Feb 19, 2006

It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am.
You put coins in your wallet?!

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

They're really common outside of the US where you have to carry $1 or £1 coins, they'll have a zippered compartment for them. In practice, they just make your wallet exceptionally heavy and bulky.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nnep
Jun 17, 2007

3-2 2-0
Change thread name reach for your fusion wallet