Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

Punchsport Podcasters: important question for your show! My avatar is a pic of me by the way, in case anyone asks.

1. Which wrestlers can really rock a fedora?

2. Which wrestlers would you like to see mock a fedora?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
3. Which wrestlers would you like to see skinned and turned into a fedora?

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Wario Kart 64 posted:

quick edit: Yo Goog, Wyatt sounded like he was over already from watching the show and reports from people actually in the building. The "never getting over" seemed too dramatic

No you see the guy was Husky Harris, and any wrestler who previously had a funny name and a silly gimmick will never get over at all for the remainder of their wrestling career. That's why to this day people still chant "ISSAC YANKEM" at Kane or "MALE CHEERLEADER" at Dolph Ziggler.

4. Which wrestler would you like to see wrestle a fedora?

Blooming Brilliant fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Jul 10, 2013

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

lol I really want to hear people chant MALE CHEERLEADER *clap clap clapclapclap* at Dolph.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 17 days!

Shogunate posted:

4. Which wrestler would you like to see wrestle a fedora?

5. Which wrestler would you like to see install and use Fedora? :v:

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Shogunate posted:

No you see the guy was Husky Harris, and any wrestler who previously had a funny name and a silly gimmick will never get over at all for the remainder of their wrestling career. That's why to this day people still chant "ISSAC YANKEM" at Kane or "MALE CHEERLEADER" at Dolph Ziggler.

People did chant CHRISTMAS MONSTER at Kane when he came back last year.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
Bryan finishing off today's BnV with a hell of a threat.

Cactus Jack
Nov 16, 2005

If you even try to throw to my side of the field in a dream, you better wake up and apologize.
Punchsport Podcast, how come Bruiser Brody wasn't brought up in the best big man discussion? You should be ashamed.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Good news for reviews of old wrestling, the new Attitude Era Podcast episode (Breakdown: IYH) is going up this weekend, and the new OSWReview episode (Mania 9) is going up at some point next week.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Cactus Jack posted:

Punchsport Podcast, how come Bruiser Brody wasn't brought up in the best big man discussion? You should be ashamed.

I heard his endowment was pretty average.

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot

MassRafTer posted:

I heard his endowment was pretty average.

It's not nice to peek in the shower.

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!
Oh glorious Ten Count overlords, I request that the music for the next episode be Xavier Wood's current NXT theme. Because it is glorious.

And for my question, were there any guys in WCW that you would have wanted to see in the WWF/E and who would you have had liked to see them face?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
So they played mini golf, went to dinner, got stuck in a line and drank in a hotel suite. BEST CONVENTION EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Cactus Jack posted:

We talked about Brody but it was all edited out i bet.

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

THE JOLLY CANDY-LIKE BUTTON

Sydney Bottocks posted:

5. Which wrestler would you like to see install and use Fedora? :v:

6. Which wrestler do you think looks the most like Larry Fedora?

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

It's a Goog Day, yes it is!

KungFu Grip posted:

We talked about Brody but it was all edited out i bet.

We originally had a question about him, but quickly realized that we were woefully unqualified and decided to scrap it.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

The guest on the new Steve Austin Show is Stone Cold Steve Austin.

Yes really.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I, for one, am SHOCKED that FMW was a poorly run promotion where they didn't even get the gaijin work permits.

Not shocked

edit: Lost my poo poo at "... so I beat him up!!"

algebra testes fucked around with this message at 11:09 on Jul 11, 2013

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I want a stone cold bluegrass rap album more than anything

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
In a recent interview Austin said he's looking into adding another podcast to his lineup where he reviews Raw, Smackdown and Impact.

That might just replace the Observer as my #1 podcast.

Oh, and even Austin thinks 3 hour Raws are too long.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

triplexpac posted:

In a recent interview Austin said he's looking into adding another podcast to his lineup where he reviews Raw, Smackdown and Impact.

That might just replace the Observer as my #1 podcast.

Oh, and even Austin thinks 3 hour Raws are too long.

I think they've actually gotten the flow right lately. It hasn't been nearly as much of a slog in recent weeks.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

LordPants posted:

I, for one, am SHOCKED that FMW was a poorly run promotion where they didn't even get the gaijin work permits.

Not shocked

edit: Lost my poo poo at "... so I beat him up!!"

That show was basically the Lance Storm experience.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
The LAW in Canada did an interview with Lance Russell talking about Jackie Fargo as well as other stuff:
http://fightnetwork.com/news/39782:intervi...phis-wrestling/

Nothing ground breaking but it is an hour in Lance's warm, reassuring company. :)

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

New Attiude Era Podcast episode, Breakdown 1998

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

How the hell do they rate Billy Gunn? :psyduck:

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
This week's SNCJ

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

:siren: New Meltzer and Sempervive podcast. :siren:

Only 82 minutes though.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

:siren: New Meltzer and Sempervive podcast. :siren:

Only 82 minutes though.

Observer Sin Limite is next weekend, according to the update today.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Hmm, big news about the video game looming...

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Karl Stern knows the difference between the various GI Joe cartoons and action figure lines, he is truly a national treasure.

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

It's a Goog Day, yes it is!
Raw was really good, so we decided to have a really good Ten Count!

Topics: 1. WWE Money in the Bank reactions
2. Raw was really good this week
3. Daniel Bryan vs. John Cena
4. Brock Lesnar vs. CM Punk
5. WRESTLER OF THE WEEK: Christian
6. What are some bad wrestlers that you love(d) because of their great gimmick, or good wrestlers that you hate(d) because of their bad gimmick?
7. What recent PPV matches will people from the future be surprised took place?
8. What if Edge and Lita didn't get together the way they did?
9. FEUD OF THE WEEK: Cody Rhodes vs. Rey Mysterio
10. Is now one of the worst times to be a non-WWE wrestling fan? Is it one of the best times to get into WWE?

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!
When do you NOT have a good Ten Count?

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

The Goog posted:

Topics: 1. WWE Money in the Bank reactions
2. Raw was really good this week
3. Daniel Bryan vs. John Cena
4. Brock Lesnar vs. CM Punk
5. WRESTLER OF THE WEEK: Christian
6. What are some bad wrestlers that you love(d) because of their great gimmick, or good wrestlers that you hate(d) because of their bad gimmick?
7. What recent PPV matches will people from the future be surprised took place?
8. What if Edge and Lita didn't get together the way they did?
9. FEUD OF THE WEEK: Cody Rhodes vs. Rey Mysterio
10. Is now one of the worst times to be a non-WWE wrestling fan? Is it one of the best times to get into WWE?

The answer to #6 is Glacier, always.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

#6 is always either the Ultimate Warrior, Honky Tonk Man, or Dusty Rhodes.

Oh, and anything Barry Darsow done, because he'd take awful gimmicks and make them amazing with the sheer force of enthusiasm.

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

That reddit guy is pretty crazy. It has to be a production guy/truck monkey leaking them right?

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

ColonelJohnMatrix posted:

That reddit guy is pretty crazy. It has to be a production guy/truck monkey leaking them right?

I'd assume so. Someone who works backstage that can see the booking sheet.

oldfan
Jul 22, 2007

"Mathewson pitched against Cincinnati yesterday. Another way of putting it is that Cincinnati lost a game of baseball."

I think it's a guy watching the gambling lines and the leak is actually to the offshore bookmakers (who would not be taking bets on wrestling regularly if they didn't have greater knowledge than the public).

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Here's what he posted before Payback:

reddit guy posted:

I would like to clarify once again that I DO NOT work for WWE. I am not a WWE Superstar, I am not with; the lighting crew, the camera crew, the sound technicians, the stagehands, the prop guys, the merchandise sellers, nor the popcorn vendor in the 15th Row, “Congratulations, Louie!”

I am just a WWE fan like everyone else, and I am getting my information from a source who has VERY credible inside information regarding the outcomes (win/losses) of the matches themselves. Given that this information is out there, we both feel that I should continue to share this information until it garners the attention of WWE. Vince and upper management are not taking reasonable measures to prevent this information from being leaked. These people whom are leaking this information are profiting off it at the expense of the WWE, the fans, and the integrity of the product. It is for these reasons that I am hoping to put an end to WWE insiders leaking PPV outcomes.

Also, I feel that WWE owes the fans. They need to be more protective of the actual results as a fellow Redditor had stated in the thread. It is hurting the integrity of the product, and I should not have access to this information.

http://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/1enttu/spoilers_extreme_rules_results_inside_this_thread/ca2gthv

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

So his FRIEND is a truck monkey.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

The Goog posted:

Just in regards to topic number seven and what the plan is for Triple H at Summerslam, honestly I think they're going to start on a Triple H / Ryback feud with Vickie wanting revenge.

Blooming Brilliant fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Jul 16, 2013

• Locked thread