Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

Bert of the Forest posted:

Just came across this wonderful train wreck of a man, and I just knew I had to share it.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/82653245/druggies-and-bullies-beware-bullyproof?ref=recently_launched

In short - It's a man who is using his talents in making animal noises to make an educational game about bullying and drugs. It is just as great as it sounds.

Yeah I don't care what any of you say I'm ordering a copy of Troy's Life Lessons, the stuttered computer voice, winning turkeys and roosters, I'm loving on this poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Bert of the Forest posted:

Just came across this wonderful train wreck of a man, and I just knew I had to share it.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/82653245/druggies-and-bullies-beware-bullyproof?ref=recently_launched

In short - It's a man who is using his talents in making animal noises to make an educational game about bullying and drugs. It is just as great as it sounds.
That looks like a man who just came in from trying to headbutt his truck. He sounds like it as well.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

CommissarMega posted:

Isn't that the same thing? It's what I meant, certainly- can't they just cancel the KS, spruce things up a bit and come back?

Yeah but then they'd have a cancelled KS project on their permanent record, which is never a good look. There'd be a link on their next project right back to the cancelled one so all their potential backers would have easy access to it.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

I can't get mad about animal noises guy. :3: I actually really hope he makes his goal and gets to talk to and work with people who actually know what they're doing and can help him put out some quality edutainment software for kindergarteners.

OrganizedInsanity
May 30, 2013

by Ralp

Lodin posted:

That looks like a man who just came in from trying to headbutt his truck. He sounds like it as well.

This one's sorta mixed for me. The premise sounds sorta weird to an adult but keep in mind kids 4-8 are also the target audience that finds poo and fart jokes incredibly hilarious. Having things explained to them in the form of animals with some random sounds thrown in might actually be effective in teaching them not to, heck McGruff and DARE worked wonders despite being ridiculously stupid in retrospect.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Lodin posted:

And the truck won

KittyLitter
Feb 3, 2003
Hey guys - someone has finally decided to write the book that asks the biggest question of my childhood :

Why Don't Mommy Kiss Daddy No More?
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1341314700/why-dont-mommy-kiss-daddy-no-more?ref=live

Edit : As a side note, I've noticed more and more authors referring to themselves via their initials. It all started with C.S. Lewis, then J.R.R. Tolkien. Now you have your J.K. Rowling and your G.R.R. Martin... All great authors, to be sure.

According to the project this book will feature "very simple prose by T.A. Johnson" and will take kids on a roller coaster ride "from the sadness of discovery to the elation of learning it wasn't their fault." Except it is your fault. It's all your fault you worthless little poo poo. If it weren't for you mommy and daddy would still be happy. You little loving troll you are the reason that daddy drinks and hits mommy, and it's all because you are a pathetic helpless little fucktard. You should be ashamed.

KittyLitter has a new favorite as of 20:51 on Jul 10, 2013

DancingPenguin
Nov 27, 2012

I ish kakadu.

KittyLitter posted:

Hey guys - someone has finally decided to write the book that asks the biggest question of my childhood :

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1341314700/why-dont-mommy-kiss-daddy-no-more?ref=live

Edit : As a side note, I've noticed more and more authors referring to themselves via their initials. It all started with C.S. Lewis, then J.R.R. Tolkien. Now you have your J.K. Rowling and your G.R.R. Martin... All great authors, to be sure.

According to the project this book will feature "very simple prose by T.A. Johnson" and will take kids on a roller coaster ride "from the sadness of discovery to the elation of learning it wasn't their fault." Except it is your fault. It's all your fault you worthless little poo poo. If it weren't for you mommy and daddy would still be happy. You little loving troll you are the reason that daddy drinks and hits mommy, and it's all because you are a pathetic helpless little fucktard. You should be ashamed.

"Through artful layouts by Jelly".
Honestly who are these people? :confused:
The picture and the (very short piece of) information provided are just really lacklusters as well.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

KittyLitter posted:

:eng101: Being published as J.K. Rowling was a conscious decision to avoid having a gendered name on the cover, since at the time female authors were considered a tougher sell in YA fiction since it was assumed that boys wouldn't read something written by a girl. See also: K.A. Applegate

torgo
Aug 13, 2003

Fun Shoe

Why do so many horrible Kickstarters have limited reward tiers that don't even add up to their target? Bad math skills? Faith people will donate just for the satisfaction of helping them out?

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

DancingPenguin posted:

"Through artful layouts by Jelly".
Honestly who are these people? :confused:
drat identity thieves.

ganstarr
Sep 5, 2012

meh, this is easy

torgo posted:

Why do so many horrible Kickstarters have limited reward tiers that don't even add up to their target? Bad math skills? Faith people will donate just for the satisfaction of helping them out?
"T.A. Johnson is a christian husband, father, brother, and lover of all things artistic and literary."
Adding up all the cash from rewards, they only lack 3925 bucks. That's just one 3925 dollar donation from someone who see the immense contribution this book will be to the world. :pray:

ganstarr
Sep 5, 2012

meh, this is easy

Jelly posted:

drat identity thieves.

This is some of the artful and amazing work that "Jelly" does.
I cant wait to see a poetry book illustrated with this kind of artwork. "proceeds to take forth the credit card"

thiswayliesmadness
Dec 3, 2009

I hope to see you next time, and take care all

KittyLitter posted:

I can't help but picture this being done by someone who just got off a rough divorice, with 30 pages of nothing but "She's a bitch!" over and over.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

OrganizedInsanity posted:

This one's sorta mixed for me. The premise sounds sorta weird to an adult but keep in mind kids 4-8 are also the target audience that finds poo and fart jokes incredibly hilarious. Having things explained to them in the form of animals with some random sounds thrown in might actually be effective in teaching them not to, heck McGruff and DARE worked wonders despite being ridiculously stupid in retrospect.

Hahaha, nope
http://www2.potsdam.edu/hansondj/Controversies/20070705122620.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drug_Abuse_Resistance_Education#1998_-_National_Institute_of_Justice

THe kickstarter could be cool though. Approaching these subjects in a friendly way may be a bit more effective.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
The only work about animals and drugs anyone ever needs is LaTawnya the Naughty Horse. :colbert:

Ah Map
Oct 9, 2012

...of SCIENCE! posted:

:eng101: Being published as J.K. Rowling was a conscious decision to avoid having a gendered name on the cover, since at the time female authors were considered a tougher sell in YA fiction since it was assumed that boys wouldn't read something written by a girl. See also: K.A. Applegate

I'd like to go to an alternate earth where they used whatever her full name is to see what effect it would have on the franchise.Just imagine if it made no difference and my whole trip to an alternate earth was a complete waste of time.Maybe I can get it funded on KS.

Otcho
May 4, 2012

Ah Map posted:

I'd like to go to an alternate earth where they used whatever her full name is to see what effect it would have on the franchise.Just imagine if it made no difference and my whole trip to an alternate earth was a complete waste of time.Maybe I can get it funded on KS.

"Oh hi Kickstarter, I didn't see you there! You see, I was trapped in another dimension!"

DancingPenguin
Nov 27, 2012

I ish kakadu.

Otcho posted:

"Oh hi Kickstarter, I didn't see you there! You see, I was trapped in another dimension!"

Please do this as soon as the camera turns on.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Otcho posted:

The moment anybody pulls this poo poo in their video, I close the window.

Orzo
Sep 3, 2004

IT! IT is confusing! Say your goddamn pronouns!

The General posted:

The moment anybody pulls this poo poo in their video, I close the window.
The question is, can you watch this video without closing it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-iQC0Fqpq70

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Orzo posted:

Actually, that could be a lot longer before I turned it off. I will take a montage of terrible over a singular terrible any time.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Orzo posted:

Something isn't right with this guy's head/neck area.

SupSuper
Apr 8, 2009

At the Heart of the city is an Alien horror, so vile and so powerful that not even death can claim it.
Only Al Lowe is allowed to pull that because he's basically everyone's 80s uncle:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjT3xLJvImE

Deep State of Mind
Jul 30, 2006

"It was a busy day. I do not remember it all. In the morning, I thought I had lost my wallet. Then we went swimming and either overthrew a government or started a pro-American radio station. I can't really remember."
Fun Shoe
Yeah that's a pretty great pitch video. And the game actually came out. On time. Within its budget. It's the first Kickstarter game to actually do that, right?

BogDew
Jun 14, 2006

E:\FILES>quickfli clown.fli
There was a small delay if I recall, but yes it's the first major kickstarted game to actually get released.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

thiswayliesmadness posted:

I can't help but picture this being done by someone who just got off a rough divorice, with 30 pages of nothing but "She's a bitch!" over and over.

No way, it needs to be way more specific.

"Maybe daddy would let mommy kiss him more if she wasn't constantly riding daddy's rear end about the promotion."

"Daddy knows uncle Mike just got promoted in his job, we can't all be Mike, Sheryl."

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Bloodnose posted:

Yeah that's a pretty great pitch video. And the game actually came out. On time. Within its budget. It's the first Kickstarter game to actually do that, right?

It's not really that amazing an accomplishment considering that its competition are people making entirely new games from scratch with complex gameplay systems and tons of new art while all LSL Reloaded had to do was copy-paste some 30 year-old jokes and draw new pictures for them.

Wired wrote a pretty good article about Leisure Suit Larry Reloaded and how the final product is brought down by being "one giant kickstarter reward" at the expense of having a cohesive tone and art style.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

Bloodnose posted:

Project Giana came out before that, although i don't know if it came out on time

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Oasx posted:

Project Giana came out before that, although i don't know if it came out on time

I want to say a brief delay but roughly on schedule.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Didn't FTL also come in on time and on budget?

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
There are so many reasons why a Kickstarter can be delayed, especially if they get a lot more funding than they planned on. So as long as they keep people updated i am fine.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.

TheJoker138 posted:

Didn't FTL also come in on time and on budget?

To be fair though I hear they were coding faster than light :downsrim:

Jumley
Oct 10, 2012

There's hope for you yet.
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/933331750/otakuware-t-shirts-for-people-who-love-snark

Did you ever think to yourself, "I really want a shirt that expresses both my extreme love for anime and my love of lovely dad puns?"

Look no further.

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy
"Cartoon Network: You Ruined My Anime"?
Come on, these shirts can't even manage to be relevant. I thought the Otaku Enemy #1 these days was supposed to be 4Kids.

For some reason, though, after looking at those designs I have an urge to give someone a swirlie.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

dijon du jour posted:

Come on, these shirts can't even manage to be relevant. I thought the Otaku Enemy #1 these days was supposed to be 4Kids.

For some reason, though, after looking at those designs I have an urge to give someone a swirlie.

its funimation/tokyopop, but pretty much same thing

gently caress you Tak, Iggy, and those slammin' drifts

ganstarr
Sep 5, 2012

meh, this is easy
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/816611975/adishon
"Finally I can walk around with my eating utensils!"

You can only attach one thing, and this whole this is just stupid. For all people with two hands, this is really an expensive clip.
Its even stupid for all the onehanded people that love going to outdoors barbecues, since even if they attach the fork to the plate, they need to put it down to eat. :doh:

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Fauxtool posted:

its funimation/tokyopop, but pretty much same thing

gently caress you Tak, Iggy, and those slammin' drifts

Just go full retard and make shirts about how the 3d pig-disgusting fujoshi want to take away your moe, it's not like they could possibly isolate their audience any further as-is.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Jumley posted:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/933331750/otakuware-t-shirts-for-people-who-love-snark

Did you ever think to yourself, "I really want a shirt that expresses both my extreme love for anime and my love of lovely dad puns?"

Look no further.

This is on par with 80% of the T-shirts sold at your typical nerd convention. They'd probably do really well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

dijon du jour posted:

Come on, these shirts can't even manage to be relevant. I thought

I think that shirt would be 100% better if they used the font in those condescending [adult swim] bumpers instead of Comic Sans.