Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Xenogenesis posted:

Man, vanilla NSG was the most fun FFX run I've had :colbert:

How much of it was steal farming for mixes and customization?

(Not like this is a bad thing, I'm insane enough to find that fun)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenogenesis
Nov 8, 2005

Dr Pepper posted:

How much of it was steal farming for mixes and customization?

(Not like this is a bad thing, I'm insane enough to find that fun)
The only pre-postgame steal grinding that really stands out was backtracking to Djose Highroad to grab Petrify Grenades from the Basilisks. That wasn't even that bad since they're a fairly common enemy and Petrify Grenade is their only steal. After that, getting a rare Silver Hourglass in the Thunder Plains might be a problem since I don't think you can stop the Kusariqqu from annihilating your party if it really wants too, but you only need one of those anyway. Otherwise, just steal grenades and elemental items from encounters as you come across them, and you'll have more than enough to deal with dudes.

Oh and if you *really* feel like cheesing the game, don't be afraid to summon Shiva. After teaching her Haste, most enemies literally cannot ever attack her.

amaranthine
Aug 27, 2009
I AM A TERRIBLE HUMAN BEING

Winks posted:

I don't mind the cross promotion, it's the victory pose that gives me pause.

It's straight up lifted from 1.0 FFXIV, and is the pose for the catgirl race.

So I mean, there's a reason for it.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Xenogenesis posted:

The only pre-postgame steal grinding that really stands out was backtracking to Djose Highroad to grab Petrify Grenades from the Basilisks. That wasn't even that bad since they're a fairly common enemy and Petrify Grenade is their only steal. After that, getting a rare Silver Hourglass in the Thunder Plains might be a problem since I don't think you can stop the Kusariqqu from annihilating your party if it really wants too, but you only need one of those anyway. Otherwise, just steal grenades and elemental items from encounters as you come across them, and you'll have more than enough to deal with dudes.

I played this game but that whole paragraph is complete moon language to me. Like I literally have no clue what half those things even are.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Petrify Grenades and Silver Hourglasses are items that can be used with Rikku's Use command. Petrify Grenades petrify all enemies, while Silver Hourglasses hit them all with Slow.

Rikku is pretty much the most broken character in FFX fyi.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Dr Pepper posted:

Petrify Grenades and Silver Hourglasses are items that can be used with Rikku's Use command. Petrify Grenades petrify all enemies, while Silver Hourglasses hit them all with Slow.

Rikku is pretty much the most broken character in FFX fyi.

I don't remember using Rikku in battle much, I think I stuck with Tidus/Yuna/Auron/Lulu 99% of the time. Which is weird because Rikku was my favorite actual character.

I've forgotten so much about that game, really want the HD port sooner rather than later.

ManOfTheYear
Jan 5, 2013

ImpAtom posted:

Because it isn't quite as straightforward as that. Each character has their own specializations within their own area and at max level each character is going to have a unique combination of abilities over all their Crystariums. As I pointed out earler, Vanille and Fang get the -a buffs which has larger effects instead of longer duration and which require you to approach fights slightly differently because you're doing more damage (which is great) but have to micromanage harder to keep your buffs up. The difference between the longer-lasting buffs and the powerful buffs isn't entirely straightforward, and there are weapons which further improves certain character's attributes in certain roles.

There are certainly characters better suited to certain roles than other. (Fang/Commando, Hope and Vanille/Medic and so-on) but it isn't a case where every character is identical or there's only one optimal choice for very situation. One character can be the most optimal Sentinel but their abilities as a whole might make you select another character or decide you don't even need a Sentinel.

How many hours it takes to max all the roles for all characters? How much there is content where you need characters on that level? In FFX maxing out characters takes a long rear end time and all the superbosses need maxed out characters and no less, all the while all the other content can be beat by a casual player. It probably is true that there are more than one way to beat a boss, but at least for me, most of the time my choices were restricted because of what characters I had and what the game implied me to do (kinda like "psst, use Sentinel"). Also, most of the time, I would use Snow, because he had the highest Sentinel level. How much the freedom of strategy matters if you've got to clock in 50 hours to get there?

Not that a lot of FF's would need that much strategy and I actually kinda liked the Paragdim-system in XIII, because you die if you don't stay awake and change the character's roles in a battle when the time comes. A lot of fun in FF-games seems to come from the customization of characters rather than the battles themselves.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

ManOfTheYear posted:

How many hours it takes to max all the roles for all characters? How much there is content where you need characters on that level? In FFX maxing out characters takes a long rear end time and all the superbosses need maxed out characters and no less, all the while all the other content can be beat by a casual player. It probably is true that there are more than one way to beat a boss, but at least for me, most of the time my choices were restricted because of what characters I had and what the game implied me to do (kinda like "psst, use Sentinel"). Also, most of the time, I would use Snow, because he had the highest Sentinel level. How much the freedom of strategy matters if you've got to clock in 50 hours to get there?

Not that a lot of FF's would need that much strategy and I actually kinda liked the Paragdim-system in XIII, because you die if you don't stay awake and change the character's roles in a battle when the time comes. A lot of fun in FF-games seems to come from the customization of characters rather than the battles themselves.

"Need" characters on that level? Not much in that you can finish the entire game without touching the Crystarium if you want. However there are a massive shitload of Hunts to do, so it's basically the same as other FF games there.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Rikku is the last character who really joins the party, and I think that has a lot to do with people not really knowing what she's capable of or using her Chemist-style poo poo to its potential. Almost every game in the series has this issue: people who don't minmax and play the games a lot think Chemist is a weak gimmick in FF5, nobody uses Bard/Dancer/Mime in FFT, and it seems like 90% of people use some combination of Terra/Celes/Locke/Edgar/Sabin/Cyan in FF6 and rarely mess around with Strago or Relm.

It's weird how different peoples' perspectives on classes and balance in FF games might be if you just played switcheroo with the availability of those elements.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Zombies' Downfall posted:

Rikku is the last character who really joins the party, and I think that has a lot to do with people not really knowing what she's capable of or using her Chemist-style poo poo to its potential. Almost every game in the series has this issue: people who don't minmax and play the games a lot think Chemist is a weak gimmick in FF5, nobody uses Bard/Dancer/Mime in FFT, and it seems like 90% of people use some combination of Terra/Celes/Locke/Edgar/Sabin/Cyan in FF6 and rarely mess around with Strago or Relm.

It's weird how different peoples' perspectives on classes and balance in FF games might be if you just played switcheroo with the availability of those elements.

I don't think it's that as much as how much work it is to use characters like Rikku or Strago or Mimes. With Rikku, you just described doing a bunch of backtracking in a game that shoots you down a linear path like a rocket. Strago requires a bunch of flying around and fighting random enemies to get them to cast spells on him and, let's be honest, if you're the kind of person who's way into getting and using enemy skills, you're already using Gau and he's probably destroying the loving game. It's basically just more work for the player. Plus, Strago and Relm share basically all their equipment with Terra and Celes, who have tons of other really great equipment for melee fighting while still being as good a mage. Kinda the same trap as Shadow, really: he shares almost all his equipment with Locke, who then gets a bunch of really good weapons in addition to that.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Defiance Industries posted:

I don't think it's that as much as how much work it is to use characters like Rikku or Strago or Mimes. With Rikku, you just described doing a bunch of backtracking in a game that shoots you down a linear path like a rocket. Strago requires a bunch of flying around and fighting random enemies to get them to cast spells on him and, let's be honest, if you're the kind of person who's way into getting and using enemy skills, you're already using Gau and he's probably destroying the loving game. It's basically just more work for the player. Plus, Strago and Relm share basically all their equipment with Terra and Celes, who have tons of other really great equipment for melee fighting while still being as good a mage. Kinda the same trap as Shadow, really: he shares almost all his equipment with Locke, who then gets a bunch of really good weapons in addition to that.

Sure and I think at times that's totally a design flaw (the backtracking part); the Blue Mage in FF5 is probably the best iteration of that class in the entire series because you get it really early and can accumulate new spells for the class naturally and at a reasonable pace, especially if you like it/are dedicated enough to it to give the Blue Mage some way to confuse or control enemies to learn spells early.

And the equipment thing in FF6 is also true, but like for Shadow vs Locke for instance, Shadow also has an active ability that's useful in combat (whereas Locke's is purely for getting items) and Interceptor for randomly oneshotting normal enemies that have the moxie to hit him. I actually think the characters in that game are pretty well-balanced outside of Gau abuse and Gogo/Umaro's inability to gain stats. People rag on Cyan, but it's because they use poo poo like Quadra Slice instead of Dispatch, which is perfectly viable until you start getting poo poo like the Offering. At that point you can just teach everybody Cure 3 and Quick/Ultima and give them an Economizer anyway and the whole game system breaks down the way most FFs do in the "postgame".

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Shadow is definitely better at the beginning, when throw is good and interceptor murders poo poo, but he's got the same magic-catchup problem that Relm does. It's less crippling than it is for Relm, but it's still more work for the player that makes him less appealing. I think Rikku is kinda the same way, where you need to spend a bunch of extra time grinding stuff to use her.

MarsDragon
Apr 27, 2010

"You've all learned something very important here: there are things in this world you just can't change!"
Mix is just hard to use in FFs without a guide. Super powerful, yes, but without a guide you'll just be screwing around with Potions and Phoenix Downs. Which are nice, but they're not the absolute ridiculousness you can get out of Chemists/Rikku.

It's an obscure, late-game ability when most FFs will take "grind until mash A for victory" as a legit strategy. It's just a higher burden than most people will put in.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

MarsDragon posted:

Mix is just hard to use in FFs without a guide. Super powerful, yes, but without a guide you'll just be screwing around with Potions and Phoenix Downs. Which are nice, but they're not the absolute ridiculousness you can get out of Chemists/Rikku.

It's an obscure, late-game ability when most FFs will take "grind until mash A for victory" as a legit strategy. It's just a higher burden than most people will put in.

I remember my first Trio of 9999. :allears:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
All I know is the only Ultimate Weapon I got in FF7 was Yuffie's and she killed Sephiroth in like 5 turns.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?
As broken as chemist is, I love gambler in FFX-2. Slots and dice were so fun when you're messing around.

ManOfTheYear
Jan 5, 2013
Been reading this thread a bunch of pages back, and people are saying that the ending of FFXIII-2 is hilarious. Can somebody explain in a nutshell the plot for that game? I played it like 25 to 20 hours, but I haven't got the slightest idea what happened at all. Also what happens at the end of XIII? Don't you kill a space pope or something? I played the game to the last boss, but I literally didn't know at all what was going on so I said "gently caress it" and started skipping cutscenes.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

ManOfTheYear posted:

Been reading this thread a bunch of pages back, and people are saying that the ending of FFXIII-2 is hilarious. Can somebody explain in a nutshell the plot for that game? I played it like 25 to 20 hours, but I haven't got the slightest idea what happened at all. Also what happens at the end of XIII? Don't you kill a space pope or something? I played the game to the last boss, but I literally didn't know at all what was going on so I said "gently caress it" and started skipping cutscenes.

You won, then you lost, then time collapsed and everyone lost.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Relm was pretty terrible in FF6, though. Especially in SNESFF6, where she had about seven different ways of causing the game's coding to implode in on itself.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

ManOfTheYear posted:

Sister of the first game's protagonist and man with large parachute pants go on wacky adventures through time to do battle with the immortal personification of bad goth fashion whilst repeatedly causing a small child to die. "Wacky adventures through time" include running through zombie-infested Blade Runner cities, dueling against massive tomato amalgams whilst listening to screamo and joined by a man with a mullet, defeating the HAL-1000, running through massive plains of nothing, and hunting around in massive cities for a man who enjoys doling out quiz questions. In the end you beat the personification of bad goth fashion but he wins anyway because he has God's heart in him. Also, the sister dies whilst incredibly cheerful music plays. The game ends on a "To be continued."

Meanwhile, Sazh gambles.

ManOfTheYear
Jan 5, 2013

alcharagia posted:

Sister of the first game's protagonist and man with large parachute pants go on wacky adventures through time to do battle with the immortal personification of bad goth fashion whilst repeatedly causing a small child to die. "Wacky adventures through time" include running through zombie-infested Blade Runner cities, dueling against massive tomato amalgams whilst listening to screamo and joined by a man with a mullet, defeating the HAL-1000, running through massive plains of nothing, and hunting around in massive cities for a man who enjoys doling out quiz questions. In the end you beat the personification of bad goth fashion but he wins anyway because he has God's heart in him. Also, the sister dies whilst incredibly cheerful music plays. The game ends on a "To be continued."

Meanwhile, Sazh gambles.

Uhm.. Does it make any sense in a context or is that just it?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
And that is why XIII-2 is a fantastic game.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
It says something about games in general, possibly even about humanity, than even a mini series I hate as much as FFXIII can have at least one good thing in them, maybe even a few if you get lucky. Sazh gambling was one of those few.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

ManOfTheYear posted:

Uhm.. Does it make any sense in a context or is that just it?

I forgot to mention that you defeat the HAL-1000 by screaming your complaints against its functionality at its creator 200 years in the past.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

alcharagia posted:

I forgot to mention that you defeat the HAL-1000 by screaming your complaints against its functionality at its creator 200 years in the past.

That was actually one of the few other things I liked, although I'll admit I didn't even think about it the first time, but KFJ's LP of the game made it hilarious to me. Like, that's very nearly something that old school FF might just pull.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

amaranthine posted:

It's straight up lifted from 1.0 FFXIV, and is the pose for the catgirl race.

So I mean, there's a reason for it.

The second pose looks like she's making a freethrow.

Square Enix please make Final Fantasy NBA Jam.

ManOfTheYear
Jan 5, 2013

alcharagia posted:

:psyduck:

I really did WATCH most of those cutscenes and I remember the city and the giant tomato and some Tron-machine whatever but I can't for the life of me actually remember receiving any of that information or even witnessing things happening. I just remember seeing pretty colours.

If FFXV is gonna be like this I swear somebody is gonna die. :commissar:

ManOfTheYear fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Jul 19, 2013

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Fister Roboto posted:

The second pose looks like she's making a freethrow.

Square Enix please make Final Fantasy NBA Jam.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mario_Hoops

Close enough?

ManOfTheYear posted:

Post retcon? It goes something like this:

First, please remember that humanity has a cycle of life and death in this world that keeps it going. Should something gently caress this cycle up, like a mass genocide, the world will blue screen and existence will cease.

Second, there are a few important gods whose names you should know.
Bhunivelze - The grand creator who made the other gods. Didn't want to support the lovely reality so he went into a deep sleep and let the gods he created sort the metaphysics of the world out because "gently caress thaaaaaaaaaat...". I probably spell his name in correctly but gently caress it.
Lindsei - Controls the Cocoon Fal'Cie.
Etro - Goddess who controls the afterlife (sort of) and prevents Chaos from this afterlife world from flooding ours. Also created people and put Chaos in their hearts to prevent reality from ceasing to exist. It's a solution akin to fixing a hosed up OS by installing Windows Vista over it.
The hierarchy goes Bhunivelze >>> Lindsei = (That dumb Pulse god thing) > Etro >>>>>> Fal'Cie >>> Humanity

For more information, see the creation myth that SE didn't bother to include in their loving game that explains poo poo. I would provide a link, but SE decided to take down the version with the English subs, so I hope you understand either German or Japanese: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XfVS90cqD4

Got that? Awesome. Didn't get it? Also good. Now we can begin.

Our heroes break into Cocoon to stop Space Pope from wreaking havoc and summoning Pulsian creatures to slaughter its inhabitants. Because he believes mass murder will awaken the sleeping Buhnivelze. He believes that Bhuni will appreciate the grand genocide and bring salvation to the world. In reality, he is hastening its demise.
Our party fight their way to Orphan's cradle where Space Pope is, and they decide to kill him to put an end to his plans. They derp out and space pope falls into a pit some silver poo poo in it and becomes Orphan. Our heroes, having nothing better to do, decide to kill it.
One boss fight later, Orphan overpowers the party because cutscenes.
Fang transforms into Ragnarok, the rest of the gang go full C'ieth except for Vanille. Fang then changes back because she's weak. Orphan decides to kill Vanille to encourage her to put more effort into it, but is saved by the rest of the party, who are humans again.
They fight and kill Orphan, Fang transforms into Ragnarok along with Vanille. Instead of destroying Cocoon, they use Ragnarok's power to become its shell. The rest of the gang gets turned into Crystals, but then get turned back to normal humans. Meaningful stares, roll credits.

So. What the gently caress right?
See, the goddess Etro decided to change the gang from their C'eith forms back to humans. She then changed Ragnarok's focus to prevent it from destroying Cocoon and then changed the rest of the gang from Crystal to humans.

This caused time fuckery which unfortunately caused the events of 13-2.

Seraphic Neoman fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Jul 19, 2013

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Shadow is definitely better at the beginning, when throw is good and interceptor murders poo poo, but he's got the same magic-catchup problem that Relm does. It's less crippling than it is for Relm, but it's still more work for the player that makes him less appealing. I think Rikku is kinda the same way, where you need to spend a bunch of extra time grinding stuff to use her.

Shadow has the unfortunate crutch of having "best" weapons that inflict instant death in a game where pretty much everything in the latter half is undead.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Endorph posted:

They didn't. The original comic was by an author named Hiromu Arakawa, and the anime adaptation was by an animation studio named BONES. Square Enix's only contribution to FMA was that the original comic was serialized in their magazine.

Though they did do the tie-in JRPGs, which were actually kind of good. Not great or anything, but above what you'd expect from a licensed JRPG.

If SE did FMA then it's very likely Alphonse and Edward would've beenin Kingdom Hearts. gently caress why can't this be real. :stare:

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

The White Dragon posted:

Shadow has the unfortunate crutch of having "best" weapons that inflict instant death in a game where pretty much everything in the latter half is undead.

His best weapon actually casts Stop (almost as useless since pretty much everything in Kefka's tower is immune), but Shadow's other weapon problem is that he can't use very many weapons and none of the ones he gets are really good. The Stunner is kind of poo poo and your only other option is to give him the Graedus, which has an even lower power but randomly casts a spell that actually does damage.

Defiance Industries fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Jul 19, 2013

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Every time I've played FF6 (lots) I end up maining Locke and Setzer in the WoR. 420 throw Loaded Dice erryday

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Shadow shouldn't be attacking when he can be throwing. :colbert:

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Also Shadow has the crippling weakness of having his dog stolen by any mob that can cast Rippler.

Also also talking about min/maxing FF6 is pointless when you can just fling double-casted 1MP Ultimas at everything and anything.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

ImpAtom posted:

Can you buy something for him to throw that's stronger than his final weapons? I assume you're not throwing the Illumina at things.

Fister Roboto posted:

Also Shadow has the crippling weakness of having his dog stolen by any mob that can cast Rippler.

Also also talking about min/maxing FF6 is pointless when you can just fling double-casted 1MP Ultimas at everything and anything.

I'm not really thinking min/max, just looking at why some characters don't get used.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Can you buy something for him to throw that's stronger than his final weapons? I assume you're not throwing the Illumina at things.
Throw ignores defense. Fight doesn't. Shadow does more damage throwing easy-to-stockpile high level weapons than he does equipping his best weapons and spamming fight.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

ImpAtom posted:

The scrolls are instant cast 100 power spells that cost no MP. For comparison, Firaga is 120 power.

No reason not to be tossing them around.

Azure_Horizon
Mar 27, 2010

by Reene

SSNeoman posted:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mario_Hoops

Close enough?

Post retcon? It goes something like this:

First, please remember that humanity has a cycle of life and death in this world that keeps it going. Should something gently caress this cycle up, like a mass genocide, the world will blue screen and existence will cease.

Second, there are a few important gods whose names you should know.
Bhunivelze - The grand creator who made the other gods. Didn't want to support the lovely reality so he went into a deep sleep and let the gods he created sort the metaphysics of the world out because "gently caress thaaaaaaaaaat...". I probably spell his name in correctly but gently caress it.
Lindsei - Controls the Cocoon Fal'Cie.
Etro - Goddess who controls the afterlife (sort of) and prevents Chaos from this afterlife world from flooding ours. Also created people and put Chaos in their hearts to prevent reality from ceasing to exist. It's a solution akin to fixing a hosed up OS by installing Windows Vista over it.
The hierarchy goes Bhunivelze >>> Lindsei = (That dumb Pulse god thing) > Etro >>>>>> Fal'Cie >>> Humanity

For more information, see the creation myth that SE didn't bother to include in their loving game that explains poo poo. I would provide a link, but SE decided to take down the version with the English subs, so I hope you understand either German or Japanese: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XfVS90cqD4

Got that? Awesome. Didn't get it? Also good. Now we can begin.

Our heroes break into Cocoon to stop Space Pope from wreaking havoc and summoning Pulsian creatures to slaughter its inhabitants. Because he believes mass murder will awaken the sleeping Buhnivelze. He believes that Bhuni will appreciate the grand genocide and bring salvation to the world. In reality, he is hastening its demise.
Our party fight their way to Orphan's cradle where Space Pope is, and they decide to kill him to put an end to his plans. They derp out and space pope falls into a pit some silver poo poo in it and becomes Orphan. Our heroes, having nothing better to do, decide to kill it.
One boss fight later, Orphan overpowers the party because cutscenes.
Fang transforms into Ragnarok, the rest of the gang go full C'ieth except for Vanille. Fang then changes back because she's weak. Orphan decides to kill Vanille to encourage her to put more effort into it, but is saved by the rest of the party, who are humans again.
They fight and kill Orphan, Fang transforms into Ragnarok along with Vanille. Instead of destroying Cocoon, they use Ragnarok's power to become its shell. The rest of the gang gets turned into Crystals, but then get turned back to normal humans. Meaningful stares, roll credits.

So. What the gently caress right?
See, the goddess Etro decided to change the gang from their C'eith forms back to humans. She then changed Ragnarok's focus to prevent it from destroying Cocoon and then changed the rest of the gang from Crystal to humans.

This caused time fuckery which unfortunately caused the events of 13-2.

The last part is spelled out in the end of FFXIII. It's not a retcon. Etro's all over the ending of FFXIII, and XIII-2 explains the deus ex machina for what it is. It's dumb, and probably should have been explained within FFXIII's ending, but it's not a retcon. It's a filled in plothole.

The game also foreshadows it with Vanille/Fang and the War of Transgression, where Etro stepped in to guide humanity and ended up accidentally destroying 1/2 of Cocoon, giving it the huge scar that it has. It's also a repetition of her original influence over humans -- giving them hearts (chaos), and thus sending them on a path towards the Unseen World.

Despite her empathy for humanity, every move she makes to help them causes repercussions.

Azure_Horizon fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Jul 19, 2013

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

That is not "spelled out" in the ending of FF13. They just mysteriously go back to normal and nobody ever explains why.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azure_Horizon
Mar 27, 2010

by Reene

That is not "spelled out" in the ending of FF13. They just mysteriously go back to normal and nobody ever explains why.

Etro's Gate is seen in the ending. Her presence in the final battle is basically right in front of you when you fight Orphan.