Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

notZaar posted:

The best new OSI guy was Bum Rush, just because was an actual bum with a shopping cart. I burst out laughing when they called him out in the episode.

I thought Shuttlecock was good -- an astronaut with a badminton racquet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
Tank Top was pretty on the nose, but he was a top of a tank on a dude, and that was awesome.

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

notZaar posted:

The best new OSI guy was Bum Rush, just because was an actual bum with a shopping cart. I burst out laughing when they called him out in the episode.

But when we first saw him, he had a guy in a dog suit in his shopping cart, but when we later see him where he, Shuttlecock and Tanktop are killed there's only a bunch of weapons in his shopping cart. Where'd the dog-guy go?

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

LashLightning posted:

But when we first saw him, he had a guy in a dog suit in his shopping cart, but when we later see him where he, Shuttlecock and Tanktop are killed there's only a bunch of weapons in his shopping cart. Where'd the dog-guy go?

He's in rehab in Florida.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

LashLightning posted:

The dog had no idea the shenanigans his partner was up to.

ZDar Fan
Oct 15, 2012

Leospeare posted:

Billy's first appearance was him complaining to Pete about not flushing the toilet and he described it as like "a bunch of Mars Payday Bars in there", so yeah, I think he would in the right circumstances

I had to correct this because it's one of my favorite lines due to the disgusting mental image it summons.

Falukorv
Jun 23, 2013

A funny little mouse!

theflyingexecutive posted:

I like watching without bleeps because The Monarch says gently caress in the most hilarious way.

Yes! And it helps that Monarch is probably the most foul-mouthed character on the show.

X_Toad
Apr 2, 2011

Red posted:

Clyde the Boxing Orangutan should be on the new Team Venture. :colbert:
Speaking of that little guy, I really hope they've gotten his gloves off after the whole thing. What's the point of releasing him if he can't feed himself? His fate reminds me too much of these guys.

OctaviusBeaver posted:

I think the Venture twins with the competent(?) twins are pretty great actually.
They're loving rapists!

Protagorean posted:

Why is it always Dean the girls go after?
Cuter, perhaps? Apparently, he looks like a mix-match of various rock stars, that probably helps whereas Hank looks 'boorish'.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

This Destiny shirt is loving baller.

OctaviusBeaver
Apr 30, 2009

Say what now?

X_Toad posted:

They're loving rapists!

Well the Monarch is a mass murderer and Sgt. Hatred is a pedestrian and I like both of them too!

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

X_Toad posted:

They're loving rapists!

So is Rusty but people still like him.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

jscolon2.0 posted:

It occurred to me a little late that he's probably a pastiche of Lowlight and Cover Girl of all things.

Hah, I knew he was probably Lowlight (the only GI sniper i can think of) and someone else, I figured like Flint, but Cover Girl makes a lot more sense. Though I'm not sure why the OSI Snake Eyes is called Afterburner, when he's clearly some kind of Ninja. Afterburner would be a pilots name. That guy should be called Boxcars or something else dice related.

Sunday is now depressing, no VB, no Game of Thrones, no Mad Men, not even new Bobs Burgers, Simpsons or American, and Breaking Bad is still like 3 weeks away, and forever until Boardwalk Empire. Sundays suck.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
He is called Afterburner because of his horrible burn scars. But yeah, it would have been funnier if he was a pilot.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

JT Jag posted:

I imagine they only activate the clone slug of the person who died, and then they tell the person who survived some bullshit lie about how they were resurrected by magic or something.

I think Brock killed them so there wouldn't be any potential realization. Remember the episode where Hank realizes Brock's thought about killing him and Dean?

Fake edit: and I see others have come up with this several times already.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

twistedmentat posted:

Hah, I knew he was probably Lowlight (the only GI sniper i can think of) and someone else, I figured like Flint, but Cover Girl makes a lot more sense. Though I'm not sure why the OSI Snake Eyes is called Afterburner, when he's clearly some kind of Ninja. Afterburner would be a pilots name. That guy should be called Boxcars or something else dice related.

Huh. The first thing that came to mind when I saw Headshot was Face from A-Team.

wizardstick
Apr 27, 2013

jscolon2.0 posted:

It occurred to me a little late that he's probably a pastiche of Lowlight and Cover Girl of all things.

This may be reaching but the later GI Joe comics (Devil's Due) stuff had a GI Joe marksman called Barrel Roll. This guy had a brother who defected to Cobra and became the sniper Blackout.

I bring them up because of the high likelihood of Headshot's defection at some point and because it struck me that when Brock has his flashback to his original partner being shot by Mol..the guy looks a lot like Headshot.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

twistedmentat posted:

Sunday is now depressing, no VB, no Game of Thrones, no Mad Men, not even new Bobs Burgers, Simpsons or American, and Breaking Bad is still like 3 weeks away, and forever until Boardwalk Empire. Sundays suck.

Get with it man. True Blood is the best avenue for cheese on a Sunday night.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

scary ghost dog posted:

Get with it man. True Blood is the best avenue for cheese on a Sunday night.

To quote a Goonette friend of mine, "I don't watch that crap!".

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

Blue Raider posted:

This Destiny shirt is loving baller.

It's a lot better than I thought it would be in person. I'm really digging the Spanakopita shirt too, the color really pops. Also, it makes me yell SPANAKOPTIA! every time I catch my reflection somewhere.

The URGH one is actually the one I've gotten that I'm least thrilled about.

Optimus Subprime
Mar 26, 2005

Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas?

The only problem I have with the Spanokopita! shirt is that the screen print is huge, and if you get even slightly warm, it sticks to your chest.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Dracula Factory posted:

Having marathoned season 2 in both ways, I think that the bleeping is funnier.
I'm a big fan of Aqua Teen bleeps, where they throw in any random sound that covers the swearing without being obviously out of place (doorbell, horn, etc). Regular bleeps irritate the hell out of me, and any "extended bleep RANDOM WORD! extended bleep RANDOM WORD!" segments should be purged from the world with fire and the life of the producer's first born.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
I think Metalocalypse does bleeps best since it uses Zakk Wylde-esque pinch harmonics.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

BIG HEADLINE posted:

I think Brock killed them so there wouldn't be any potential realization. Remember the episode where Hank realizes Brock's thought about killing him and Dean?

Fake edit: and I see others have come up with this several times already.

Honestly I think that one's a bit much, it's way funnier that he's thought about it merely because they can be so dumb and annoying (especially first season, jesus).

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

Honestly I think that one's a bit much, it's way funnier that he's thought about it merely because they can be so dumb and annoying (especially first season, jesus).

Yeah, Brock has to be ready to kill anyone at any time simply because he's Brock and those are his orders. It doesn't mean that's he actually had to do it... yet.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Brock didn't kill the other boys. They both have 13 explained dual deaths in the show, Dean has a solo death in the montage and Hank has two. Honestly, Hank is probably just on a later clone or there's some unwritten time Dean died.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Mr. Nice! posted:

Brock didn't kill the other boys. They both have 13 explained dual deaths in the show, Dean has a solo death in the montage and Hank has two. Honestly, Hank is probably just on a later clone or there's some unwritten time Dean died.

There was the deformed Dean who lived in the attic. Also I think they said they had died 14 times in season 2. Did they die at all in season 3?

Jeffrey of YOSPOS fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Jul 29, 2013

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Jeffrey posted:

There was the deformed Dean who lived in the attic. Also I think they said they had died 14 times in season 2. Did they die at all in season 3?

He's not one of the main ones, though. That would put them at even number of clones expended, though, so they are both even. They're also on clone number 14. That matches the death count if you toss attic dean into the total count.

There's 10 deaths of both Hank & Dean in the season 2 montage. Then there's 21 killing them at the end of season 1, Groovy and Sonny killing them in season 2, and the 7s being found in season 4. Hank has the only extra death because he dies twice solo in the montage.

Protagorean
May 19, 2013

by Azathoth

Jeffrey posted:

I don't think they've died at all after the first season. But don't forget that poor boy who got disemboweled by gorillas and then cloned in a day! It's okay though, he was doing his parents a favor (he was gonna get the cansker).

I was definitely jarred a bit by how, not two episodes later, the art assets for the kids in "The Buddy System" were being re-used for the flashback of M.U.T.H.E.R. going psycho on that orphanage field trip in "What Goes Down, Must Come Up".

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES
You guys weren't kidding about the shirts being THIN.

That said, the OSI shirt is much better than I was expecting. The picture had it look really faded and worn, but it's very clear and bigger than it looked.

I like.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Are the current Dean & Hank the ones resurrected in Powerless In The Face Of Death?

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

Hedrigall posted:

Are the current Dean & Hank the ones resurrected in Powerless In The Face Of Death?

They die again in Viva los Muertos by the ersatz Mystery Inc guys, so it's at least those. I can't remember any others after that.

edit: oh wait, that was a flashback and the rest are just clones. It might be the same ones since the season two premiere. Seems like a good run. vvv yes. :downs:

Ror fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Jul 31, 2013

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Ror posted:

They die again in Viva los Muertos by the ersatz Mystery Inc guys, so it's at least those. I can't remember any others after that.

That was a flashback though, so the current Hank and Dean are the same slugs awakened in Powerless In The Face Of Death.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
efb TWICE :argh:

No, that was a flashback. This is the ones from the start of season 2.

Hbomberguy
Jul 4, 2009

[culla=big red]TufFEE did nO THINg W̡RA̸NG[/read]

I don't think it's meant to matter? They might have died a couple of times offscreen in the last few seasons. What matters is there are no more clone slugs, so they can't die now.

Mylan
Jun 19, 2002

Without the teaching beds recording their memories, and thereby somehow tying up their souls, can't Orpheus resurrect them (Assuming Rusty's check doesn't bounce)?

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

i am shattering like glass

but at least
i have

springy ride

Mylan posted:

Without the teaching beds recording their memories, and thereby somehow tying up their souls, can't Orpheus resurrect them (Assuming Rusty's check doesn't bounce)?

Orpheus has never risen the dead, he's not a conventional necromancer. All the other words for what he does just sound too goofy.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Filthy Haiku posted:

Orpheus has never risen the dead, he's not a conventional necromancer. All the other words for what he does just sound too goofy.

Didn't he go to the afterlife looking for the boys' souls with the intention of bringing them back at the start of season 2, only he couldn't find them because Doc had them recorded on magnetic tape in their learning beds?

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Filthy Haiku posted:

Hey know. Sometimes you just gotta have a simple resurrection. He has done that hundreds of times. David Blaine, Evil Knievel, even Ronald Reagan was a client until he bounced a check.

... Unless that was all lies. I suppose it isn't... impossible that he would lie to his daughter.

X_Toad
Apr 2, 2011

Jack Gladney posted:

Didn't he go to the afterlife looking for the boys' souls with the intention of bringing them back at the start of season 2, only he couldn't find them because Doc had them recorded on magnetic tape in their learning beds?
Those abilities were quietly excised from the show's continuity with his 'Necromancer is the only cool name we have left' speech.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

Ror posted:

edit: oh wait, that was a flashback and the rest are just clones. It might be the same ones since the season two premiere. Seems like a good run. vvv yes. :downs:

One thing about the string of Hank/Dean deaths that we've been shown, they mostly seem to all happen while they're close to their current ages, or at least still mid-teens. For all the talk of their constant deaths there didn't seem to be any pre-teen examples of their deaths.

I'm trying to think of a way of putting this without making it sound like I'm over-thinking it, but the clone slugs seem to all be the same age as the activated clones and Imperfect Dean also seemed to age in time with Hank and Dean.

We also see that creating a clone slug from 'infancy' isn't required, though, as Doc was able to nearly have a fully-formed replacement kid done in an afternoon.

All this makes me sort of wonder: Have we ever really seen any concrete evidence that Hank and Dean actually had a childhood at all? Photos, memories, etc. Or could Doc have simply bypassed their childhoods and accelerated the development of the first activated clones to teenagers with fake memories from the learning beds?

JediTalentAgent fucked around with this message at 09:06 on Jul 31, 2013