Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I will try my best from now on to not hoog The Goog.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

The Goog posted:

How would you solve this?
I hope someone suggested King of the Ring.

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

It's a Goog Day, yes it is!

MassRafTer posted:

Boycott the 10 count.

Start being online and available after Raw again :argh:

NienNunb posted:

I will try my best from now on to not hoog The Goog.

That's all I ask.

Actually, I also ask for questions! For the past few shows I've been able to run through a list of questions that you fine folks have submitted, but that list is now perilously close to being completely empty! If we don't get more questions, we're going to have to resort to actually discussing things at length, which nobody wants. We might even have to seriously talk about...........TNA.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Punchcast: What was the last WWE PPV that was better than this year's Summerslam?

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

Punchcast: Do celebrity appearances in WWE/TNA/wherever have the possibility to improve business in 2013, or is it all yelling at the void? Also if you were in the WWE and had to book a non-wrestling celeb appearance or angle, what would it be?

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!
Podsport Punchcast: Who did you thing were the best guest hosts of RAW?

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
Wematanye Podsport Punchcast Wematanye!

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
"So this match got a good reaction."

"Well in my notes it says that there crowd was not into this."

"Well, I just thought compared to other matches-"

"It says right here in my notes that it got no reaction."

Antitonic
Sep 24, 2011

Invented By Gandhi
10 Counters! I actually have two questions, if that's alright; one for my own benefit, and one on behalf of my brother.

My brother has been on the periphery of wrestling for years, through hearing about it from my viewing. He last enjoyed it (apparently) around the New Generation Era ('93-'97), but got tired of the "reality" that came in with the Attitude Era and beyond (Austin being just a guy pissed off at his boss? Pfft.). He says the older wrestling was closer to a fighting game where you basically have two over-the-top personas fighting for the hell of it, and you didn't really have to care about story past 'you have title, me want'. Modern wrestling, by comparison, is a drama series. Everyone has an "unnecessary" backstory, and the most outlandish gimmick is a guy that is from England rather than America. Is there a way to reintroduce him into the flock, as it were, or would he be better served elsewhere?

My question is: What, in your opinion, is the greatest angle in terms of execution? For my money, I'd say the initial nWo introduction, but maybe that's just me.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
I think Big Dave's hearing is going or he needs to turn the volume up while he's watching RAW and doing three million other activities at the same time.

He would also save a lot of time by just saying "NO" and moving on any time Bryan says he has a theory on something, although I kind of love hearing him try to shoot down inane theories without overtly saying that Bryan is being stupid and wrong.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

I think I asked this one already but I'll throw it in the pile again: If you could show three matches (can be part of one storyline) to someone with no knowledge of wrestling to get them into it, what would you choose?

(For instance, the three matches that hooked me were Cena/RVD ONS 2006, Punk/Cena MITB 2011, and Bryan/Sheamus WM 2012)

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

kidcoelacanth posted:

I think I asked this one already but I'll throw it in the pile again: If you could show three matches (can be part of one storyline) to someone with no knowledge of wrestling to get them into it, what would you choose?

(For instance, the three matches that hooked me were Cena/RVD ONS 2006, Punk/Cena MITB 2011, and Bryan/Sheamus WM 2012)

I would probably go with Austin-Hart WM 13, Angle-Michaels WM 21 and Punk-Lesnar SummerSlam 2013.

I love Punk/Cena MITB 2011 but without context I don't know that it has the same impact.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
Here's a q for you punchsport crew. With the soon to be introduced Los Matadores, and to an extent ballroom dancer Fandango and Tensai's original entrance attire, do you think WWE is moving back towards more character gimmicks in the midcard like in the early 90s? Just curious to hear your thoughts!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

The Goog posted:

Start being online and available after Raw again :argh:

That's all I ask.

Actually, I also ask for questions! For the past few shows I've been able to run through a list of questions that you fine folks have submitted, but that list is now perilously close to being completely empty! If we don't get more questions, we're going to have to resort to actually discussing things at length, which nobody wants. We might even have to seriously talk about...........TNA.

I was. Boycott this man.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Antitonic posted:

My brother has been on the periphery of wrestling for years, through hearing about it from my viewing. He last enjoyed it (apparently) around the New Generation Era ('93-'97), but got tired of the "reality" that came in with the Attitude Era and beyond (Austin being just a guy pissed off at his boss? Pfft.). He says the older wrestling was closer to a fighting game where you basically have two over-the-top personas fighting for the hell of it, and you didn't really have to care about story past 'you have title, me want'. Modern wrestling, by comparison, is a drama series. Everyone has an "unnecessary" backstory, and the most outlandish gimmick is a guy that is from England rather than America. Is there a way to reintroduce him into the flock, as it were, or would he be better served elsewhere?

Given that they've been introducing ballroom dancers, bayou cult leaders, and matadors, you really just have to show him a Bray Wyatt match. Or get him to watch NXT, which has a preening male model angry at a goofball hippie for photobombing his promos. Or I dunno, maybe he'd like Chikara/Wrestling Is.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

This weeks guest on the Steve Austin show is Samoa Joe. Austin puts him over big time and even goes into his ROH fanboyism.

Bankok
Sep 10, 2004

SPARTA!!!
I wonder if Dave has the infamous Bret Hart vs Tom Magee match on one of those VHS tapes.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

Bankok posted:

I wonder if Dave has the infamous Bret Hart vs Tom Magee match on one of those VHS tapes.

I feel like he once said he did. It was either that or the Sammartino/Koloff title change with the actual sound, or both.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
This day in "Dave Meltzer is great because he's the best wrestling historian, but sometimes the English language fails him":

"Sin Cara had a dislocated finger from landing when doing the tope on Alberto Del Rio. Dr. Michael Samson reset the finger in the ring. He was getting the hand X-rayed today to see if any of his fingers were broken. Why, when Sin Cara was hurt, that Del Rio wouldn't leave him alone, was Del Rio being furious that he wouldn't continue the match."

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me
New Steve Austin podcast with Samoa Joe can be found here:

http://www.podcastone.com/program?action=viewProgram&programID=436

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Wario Kart 64 posted:

New Steve Austin podcast with Samoa Joe can be found here:

http://www.podcastone.com/program?action=viewProgram&programID=436

Steve Austin is talking about eating out a Sasquatch.

I'm terrified yet intrigued.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Gonzo McFee posted:

Watch the Venture Brothers. They already have Steve Austin in love with a Sasquatch.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

bobkatt013 posted:

Watch the Venture Brothers. They already have Steve Austin in love with a Sasquatch.
"What, are you shy? Sasquatch doesn't have anything you haven't seen before".
"SASQUATCH *IS* SOMETHING I HAVEN'T SEEN BEFORE!!!"

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Gonzo McFee posted:

Steve needs to go on Joe Rogan's podcast so they can compare Alpha Brain induced Sasquatch/Werewolf/Gorilla loving dreams.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
I want Hardcore Pawn discussion on the Punchcast.

Punchcast: Who's more annoying: Ashley or Stephanie McMahon?

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Grant DaNasty posted:

Steve needs to go on Joe Rogan's podcast so they can compare Alpha Brain induced Sasquatch/Werewolf/Gorilla loving dreams.

And finally settle who has the biggest bald head.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Jubs posted:

Punchcast: Who's more annoying: Ashley or Stephanie McMahon?

Wow I completely forgot about Ashley

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

triplexpac posted:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Punchcasters: Who is the worst businessman in the history of professional wrestling?

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Jeff Jarrett.

TNA would have been dead quicker than Ring of Glory if Dixie hadn't swooped in.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

triplexpac posted:

He means Ashley from Hardcore Pawn.

Also wow that's a tough one. I think I may go with Steph but I have a whole week to think about it.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Ashley once quit so she could come back in a position of power to drive home that she was a better employee than seth. Steph on the other hand made Shane leave the company.

Tough call.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Punchcast: Who would you rather work for: Les Gold or Vince McMahon?

Punchcast: Who's more likable: Rich Pyle or Shane McMahon?

Jubs fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Aug 21, 2013

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
Hurricane's podcast today with Bryan was pretty fun. It's free too so!

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

PunchMen SomethingOrAnother: What are the best WWE-produced video packages?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

NienNunb posted:

Mr.McMahon's Utopia. HBK VS UT, running up that hill. CM Punk "Do I have everybody's attention now?".

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

NienNunb posted:

My Way.

The end.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

NienNunb posted:

The video package before Hart/Austin at Wrestlemania 13.

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire

weekly font posted:

My Way.

The end.

The only correct answer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

weekly font posted:

My Way.

The end.

mkay0 posted:

The only correct answer.

The wrongest posters.

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Mr.McMahon's Utopia. HBK VS UT, running up that hill. CM Punk "Do I have everybody's attention now?".

The rightest poster.

• Locked thread