Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Bad Munki posted:

I don't know about breaking bad, but let's play Count the IP Violations:

Why isolated it to the concept art...

I see Reptile from Mortal Kombat, the Joker, Assassin's Creed, the tank from Metal Slug, Bane, an offmodel Metal Gear Rex, and some ships from WH40K.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DStecks
Feb 6, 2012

I think top right is Alastair from Dragon Age; the second and third from bottom left also look familiar, not sure from what though. Pretty sure it's an anime.

Bandit Queen posted:

I also see The Spy next to the Pyro and Phoenix Wight.

Yeah, that's the Spy, not sure how I missed that. Pheonix Wright isn't there, though, that is the G-Man from Half-Life. Unless you mean the blonde... :confused:

DoctorPresident
Jul 21, 2012

GigaPeon posted:

I could see where you'd get confused.

You now, I'm starting to believe that Mr. Plinkett is an outright parody of Harry Knowles.

Content:

Real Life, Real Beauty Calendar

You don't have to conform to the Hollywood ideal and be desirable. Just like this sexy girl in a bikini.

A colored wristband that lets you record 60 seconds of audio.

Or maybe you could use your cellphone, but what do I know?

Doobie's Dog House

Here, have a tasty hotdog with a slice of american cheese. :barf:

M3wThr33
Sep 4, 2004

I gave up long ago trying to contribute anything ever.

senrath posted:

So, Uwe Boll is trying to raise $500k to make a movie adaptation of Postal 2.

POSTAL 2 by EVENT FILM

I gave this dude $5.. since I know there's a 0% chance it'll be funded. It's worth the cost for the updates alone. The dude is insanse. Watch/read the updates.

quote:

so the dude and his girlfriend survived the nuclear fallout and got 10 kids ...only retarded and handicapped...his only chance now to get out of his new home (a trailerpark) is a reality tv show like HONEY BOO BOO meets JERSEY SHORE ....because people love watching trashy people on tv (as we all know)......

what he didnt know is that the bad guy from part 1 l (chris coppola) has an evil twin ...and osama bin laden survived........

and they are all now in the world of dr. drew, heidi klum, justin bieber and the kardashians......

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I will only back Postal 2 if there is a scene in which Lowtax punches out Uwe Boll.

Ultraklystron
May 19, 2010

Unsafe At Every Speed
^^I think you've found a stretch goal that'll get this film funded.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

MVP posted:

Someone is capitalizing on Breaking Bad, what else is new:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1822630877/escape-from-new-ork-city

This guy is planning on painting and basing 50 miniatures for 1,000 sets of this game at $65/each.

When you figure in shipping/board/cards/etc expenses, that's less than a dollar a model, for hand-painted/based miniatures.

This guy is insane.

You guys are missing a bunch of IPs:
From top left on down (skipping the ones I can't recognize)
Hulk
Black Mage from Final Fantasy
Wanderer from Shadow of the Colossus/Ico?
Heisenberg from Breaking Bad
Captain Crunch
Altair/Ezio from Assassin's Creed
Batman
The Joker
Nightmare from Soul Calibur
Reptile from Mortal Kombat
Superman
Protoss Zealot from Starcraft
Cable
Bowser

Advance Wars infantry
Metal Slug Tank
Siege Tank from Starcraft
Siege Tank from Starcraft 2
Probably a Gundam
Metal Gear
Advance Wars jet

Dragoship, Warship, and I think Scout ship are from Warhammer 40k
The Civilian Cruiser is definitely in the style of 40k but a civilian version of their big floating warcastles
Battleship is from Starcraft
Orkylon 5 IS THE GODDAMN MAJORA'S MASK MOON WITH poo poo ON IT

I actually think it's a really impressive project and I hope the guy is like 18 and keeps it up and gets more into sculpting (and digital sculpting/3d printing) because by the time he's 25 he'll be able to make a good career out of it.

e: looks like he's been in college since 2008, so he might be a bit of a late bloomer.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Sigma-X posted:

Orkylon 5 IS THE GODDAMN MAJORA'S MASK MOON WITH poo poo ON IT

I'm surprised that he hasn't plastered an ORIGINAL CHARACTER DO NOT STEAL watermark over everything.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

A Steampunk Gent posted:

Huh, I just saw Red_Mage has a kickstarter related custom title of shame and been off the forums since then, anyone know what's up with that? I feel like I missed out on a :goonproject: shitstorm.

I too would like to know if anyone's got the scoop

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.

A Steampunk Gent posted:

Huh, I just saw Red_Mage has a kickstarter related custom title of shame and been off the forums since then, anyone know what's up with that? I feel like I missed out on a :goonproject: shitstorm.

It's a trad games thing-- he was one of the guys running this kickstarter-- which is still chugging along, actually, despite the setbacks. The guy who actually got the money from the KS made the dumb move of paying R_M in advance for his part. Not sure what happened because he didn't take off right away or anything but eventually R_M just took off. He's no longer involved with the project but people are obviously very sore about his role in a pile of poo poo that nearly sank the project.

So you didn't really miss out on anything, exactly-- there's drama there to be sure but it's pretty pedestrian stuff. Not even a shitstorm because the people involved in the project not named Red_Mage are still going to make the thing happen.

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

youll always be so sleepy when youre this tiny *plompf*

DoctorPresident posted:

Doobie's Dog House

Here, have a tasty hotdog with a slice of american cheese. :barf:

Hotdogs are like, the ultimate no-effort food. He's serving trailer-park grade hotdogs with supermarket buns, and expecting to expand to a restaurant? If he's currently operating out of a trailer, and can't make $6000 off those prices, obviously he's not getting as much repeat business as he'd like to believe. Because easy-cheese and canned chilli are an excellent gourmet option for dressing up supermarket wieners!

Troll Bridgington
Dec 22, 2011

Keeping up foreign relations.
I love the small handful of corn chips tossed on the side.

Space Skeleton
Sep 28, 2004

The plates make it seem like he watches cooking shows and gets all pumped up about how great his hotdogs are.

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

youll always be so sleepy when youre this tiny *plompf*

Death Himself posted:

The plates make it seem like he watches cooking shows and gets all pumped up about how great his hotdogs are.

Crème fraîche dogs: coming soon

And the crème fraîche is actually just Daisy® sour cream.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Noyemi K posted:

Crème fraîche dogs: coming soon

And the crème fraîche is actually just Daisy® sour cream.

I'm kind of uneased that there's a place called Reform, Alabama

bend it like baked ham
Feb 16, 2009

Fries.
Jesus Christ, is that supposed to be Kickstarter or Kiva.org?

Noni
Jul 8, 2003
ASK ME ABOUT DEFRAUDING GOONS WITH HOT DOGS AND HOW I BANNED EPIC HAMCAT

God drat. God loving drat. Goddamn. drat you, god. God, these dogs, drat these are some goddamn dogs. Jesus, god almighty on a bun. Dogdamn.

Humboldt Squid
Jan 21, 2006

That's elementaryschoolpunk as hell.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
This is a pretty cool idea that will probably end as a huge failure. Cross Plane is a WiiU-pad'ish handheld that can stream pretty much anything under the sky. Sorta like how the the Nvidia Shield handles PC games.
All they need is 350.000 dollars from backers and it'll be a reality. Also, if you want to stream various consoles you'll have to buy separate "cartridges" that handle each format. The OUYA is obviously one of them and heavily featured in the video pitch.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Noni posted:

God drat. God loving drat. Goddamn. drat you, god. God, these dogs, drat these are some goddamn dogs. Jesus, god almighty on a bun. Dogdamn.

I guess that'd be an impressive and desirable meal if you were a starving hobo and you were assembling the meal out of stuff you'd pulled out of dumpsters and cooked over a campfire. For anyone with a job who has access to actual cafes and shops ... not so much.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Sigma-X posted:

This guy is planning on painting and basing 50 miniatures for 1,000 sets of this game at $65/each.

When you figure in shipping/board/cards/etc expenses, that's less than a dollar a model, for hand-painted/based miniatures.

This guy is insane.

It's really very confusing. The miniatures at "purchase price" add up to well over $650, but you can get ALL of them for a tenth of that price? AND they're painted? It makes absolutely no sense.

Of course it won't reach it's goal because the miniatures look absolutely hideous. I have never sculpted at 28mm scale in my life and I'm absolutely certain I could do better than those on my first try. They look like a 13 year old made them.

OrganizedInsanity
May 30, 2013

by Ralp

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

I guess that'd be an impressive and desirable meal if you were a starving hobo and you were assembling the meal out of stuff you'd pulled out of dumpsters and cooked over a campfire. For anyone with a job who has access to actual cafes and shops ... not so much.

This man's obviously never experienced the pleasure that is In and Out large fries animal style.

Zybourne Clock
Oct 25, 2011

Poke me.
Remember 'will it blend?' These guys had a show just like it, except instead of putting random poo poo in blenders to show off the device's durability and toughness, they threw random poo poo in a campfire because why the hell not. They need 2000 dollars to bring it back. Because if there's one thing YouTube lacks, it's channels dedicated exclusively to wrecking poo poo in various ways.

Normally, when people make KickStarters for card games they tell you how the game is played on their project page. War of the Dimensions has a different strategy; their only comment on the gameplay is that it's 'completely random'. You may also think their current art looks a bit poo poo, but that's only because they haven't made their cards in this software package that automatically makes the cards look a hundred times better. Why they haven't used this magic software to design their cards before starting their campaign will forever remain a mystery.

Maverick Hunter X isn't necessarily a bad KickStarter, but I'm including it here solely because of how hard the guy must be kicking himself right now in light of recent developments.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Zybourne Clock posted:

Normally, when people make KickStarters for card games they tell you how the game is played on their project page. War of the Dimensions has a different strategy; their only comment on the gameplay is that it's 'completely random'. You may also think their current art looks a bit poo poo, but that's only because they haven't made their cards in this software package that automatically makes the cards look a hundred times better. Why they haven't used this magic software to design their cards before starting their campaign will forever remain a mystery.

More importantly, they have limited their run to 20 copies of the game at $20 each. No other possible rewards. The goal is $600.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Zybourne Clock posted:

Maverick Hunter X isn't necessarily a bad KickStarter, but I'm including it here solely because of how hard the guy must be kicking himself right now in light of recent developments.

Looking forward to the inevitable C&D when he realizes that there is an actual Mega Man game called Maverick Hunter X.

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001

Zybourne Clock posted:

quote:

An original story set in a dystopian future where synthetic humans & robots under the control of a rogue military UI have enslaved the remaining humans.

I guess it's original in the sense that there are no zombies. It's not really offensively bad, but of course it looks like a Gamemaker platformer with the standard void of a cohesive art style due to stealing sprites from other popular games.

DancingPenguin
Nov 27, 2012

I ish kakadu.

quote:

An original story set in a dystopian future where synthetic humans & robots under the control of a rogue military UI have enslaved the remaining humans.

I sure hope he means AI :ohdear:

The frame stutter on that snow level and the background rendering of the skyscrapers are pretty terrible as well.

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

Noni posted:

The cheap slices of American Cheese really make the dogs.

Local Resident posted:

Jesus Christ, is that supposed to be Kickstarter or Kiva.org?

Don't Kickstarters usually have at least decent tangible rewards? Even at the highest level for this one ($500), all you get is some kind of advertising slot on his building for a year. It's a high traffic area in full view of the road in Reform, Alabama (population 2000.) Oh, and it can only be 48 square inches so nobody will be able to see it driving by anyway.

At least most of the other food truck kickstarters give you food.

Tourette Meltdown
Sep 11, 2001

Most people with Tourette Syndrome are able to hold jobs and lead full lives. But not you.

Alan Smithee posted:

I'm kind of uneased that there's a place called Reform, Alabama

For some reason I thought Reform was a hell of a lot closer than it is, but he's practically in Mississippi. This guy isn't close enough to anywhere decent to ever make a profit on trailer park hotdogs, he's miles from even Tuscaloosa. I'm a little bummed I won't get to trip report hotdog food poisoning.

EDIT: "To date, we have been faced with many risks and challenges. The largest risk has been our financial investment in this business. We have put a lot of our finances at risk to avoid taking on investors or bank loans." Whatever this guy says, the truth is he can't get approved for a $6k loan from smalltown banks in Nowheresville, Alabama. Good business investment, right there.

Tourette Meltdown has a new favorite as of 16:28 on Sep 4, 2013

Autechresaint
Jan 25, 2012

Zybourne Clock posted:

Why would the explosions be tied to your character's facing direction? There are several times where he killed something, turned around and a couple of frames of the explosion follow him.

Opinion Haver
Apr 9, 2007

quote:

Risks and challenges Learn about accountability on Kickstarter

Being able to focus all of my time and attention on a game that I think is awesome, and being able to deliver that to the masses.

:allears:

tony police
Sep 22, 2006

Zybourne Clock posted:

Normally, when people make KickStarters for card games they tell you how the game is played on their project page. War of the Dimensions has a different strategy; their only comment on the gameplay is that it's 'completely random'.

If you want to play a 'completely random' game, then just buy a copy of Uncle Chestnut's Table Gype and get it over with.

DStecks
Feb 6, 2012

Just so you guys who haven't clicked the link know, this is the entirety of their kickstarter:

[Not putting in quote tags so that excerpts can still show up for anybody quoting this post]

A new dice based card game. Making everything you do by chance.

I am raising these funds to produce this card game. I have all the designs done and most of the pictures for the cards finished. We need the funds to help get the sets printed out as well as to fund the program we use to make the cards. The art for the cards isn't cheap and the program we use costs quite a bit of money. We have started with simple designs and turned what was a generic card game into something new. We do need help funding though to send this through a print shop. The reward you see on the page will not be the only one if we raise more money then we are expecting. We do plan on coming out with unique rewards for the different funding levels. This game will give you a whole new outlook on card games, as well as a new perspective for those of us who played Magic the Gathering and Dungeon and Dragons. I hope to eventually have this game sold at bigger retail stores and make it world wide with tons of expansions but I can't do that without your help. Every dream starts off as an egg, with help and time it will eventually hatch into something beautiful and unique.

The card as you see below is a completely hand written card. The program we've decided to use give us the ability to add text to the cards, making them look 100 times better.

current condition of some cards

Risks and challenges

Part of the problem we ran into was to make this game unique. We have played other card games and every one of them is similar in attacking and defending we wanted to make it different. We have made this game completely random even if your winning at one moment theirs always a chance someone else could beat you.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Autechresaint posted:

Why would the explosions be tied to your character's facing direction? There are several times where he killed something, turned around and a couple of frames of the explosion follow him.

If I had to guess, he's passing the value of the character's facing at the time of firing the weapon to make explosions have a "blown back" effect. However, he's crazy and this information is being passed by reference for some awful reason, so the facing in the explosion points to the same variable as the facing for the character sprite, instead of being just a copy of it from before.

I'd bet dollars to donuts he's passing the entire character state in every projectile fired because he's too lazy to go through the engine's UI or type in whatever chain of fields and properties he would need to in order to reach the variable that just governs facing.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Look Professor, a destruct switch!

Autechresaint posted:

He probably wanted to make the explosions be based on your position, decided it was easier to base it on facing, and then hosed up and had it check for your facing every frame of the explosion animation rather than just when it started.

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Harry's kickstarter ends in 25 hours and is 20k short of its goal.

Zybourne Clock
Oct 25, 2011

Poke me.
Jeff Leroy has worked on an impressive number of horror B-movies, and is currently running a KickStarter for his next project, GIANTESS ATTACK! It's a tribute to horror movies of a bygone era, and I suspect he's putting his heart and soul in this project. He's been in the business for the past fourteen years so I doubt he's secretly trying to satisfy any fetish he might have here.

I hope he's prepared for a shock, because if you submit green screen footage of yourself he'll edit you into the movie as a victim. At the low price of 200 bucks, you can get eaten/stomped on by a scantly clad sixty foot tall woman. I've been on the Internet long enough to know there are a whole bunch of people with weird fetishes out there, and Leroy's movie might just be the first of its kind to be fully funded by them.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

Noni posted:

The funny thing is there's a sweet hotdog chain out here in California that actually does the boutique hotdog thing pretty well:
http://www.jerrysdogs.com/

And back where I grew up, there were tons of hotdog/hamburger places as well. It's hardly a unique restaurant idea but he can't be loving bothered to use real cheese on his hotdogs. It's just sad.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Mosaic Perception posted:

Oh I don't doubt that but within this community it went from me never seeing that word once for years and years (I'm sure someone used it but it was rare enough that I didn't see it even though I read this forum A LOT) to seeing it all the motherfucking time. Just interesting to watch words enter the collective lexicon suddenly like that.

To be honest sometimes I'll notice a new word, and then all of a sudden I notice everybody using it.

:ssh: Its not that everybody suddenly started using it; its that you're only now noting use of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Sigma-X posted:

The funny thing is there's a sweet hotdog chain out here in California that actually does the boutique hotdog thing pretty well:
http://www.jerrysdogs.com/

And back where I grew up, there were tons of hotdog/hamburger places as well. It's hardly a unique restaurant idea but he can't be loving bothered to use real cheese on his hotdogs. It's just sad.

Not using real cheese is more American:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yT8-TNO9x2M