Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
100Dachshunds
Oct 11, 2009

GOCHARMSPRINGS
I just made the frogdog picture on a whim, kind of if it were the back of a t shirt or something; certainly not intending to take over anyone's branding. I wholeheartedly agree that we need to leave creative liberties to Wayne, but if he wants to use the picture he's more than welcome to it. :3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Pancakes by Mail posted:

Any other Rochester goons are lucky enough to experience the joys of DOG TOWN, the best drat hot dog joint there is.

In the spirit of that goddamn honest and good establishment, I commit $25 to helping an honest man get an honest business serving honest food.

America: Reviving Honesty, One Hot Dog at a time

America: reforming the dream, one hotdog at a time.

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
I love local hot dog joints. They are always my favorite stops.

Donated $25.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."
There's nothing more honest than a hot dog. You know drat well the process of making one is disgusting, and that it's bad for you, but you eat it anyway, because it's delicious.

America. :911:

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

And now it's broken 8,000 dollars.

Good job Team Frogout :cheers:

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Pancakes by Mail posted:

Any other Rochester goons are lucky enough to experience the joys of DOG TOWN, the best drat hot dog joint there is.

In the spirit of that goddamn honest and good establishment, I commit $25 to helping an honest man get an honest business serving honest food.

America: Reviving Honesty, One Hot Dog at a time

You misspelled Lehigh Valley and Yocco's Hot Dogs but other than that I agree with everything you said

Resident Idiot
May 11, 2007

Maxine13
Grimey Drawer

SoundMonkey posted:

To be honest I think we believed in Wayne a whole lot harder than Wayne did.

The man never lost faith, even at $65 of his wife's money with a week to go.

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Gorbash posted:

Thats like the most :unsmith: thing in the world

E: I just had a wistful daydream of me passing through Alabama one day in a couple of years, finding his dogshack, ordering myself a hotdog, and just leaving a frog on the counter without him noticing as I leave.

Tom Brady fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Sep 27, 2013

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Sojenus posted:

It helps them feel better I suppose, but I really want to see all the little creative projects from people outside the holistic artisanal microwallet video game demographic have their dreams fulfilled. Exactly why I threw my meager free cash at this man and his hot dogs.

Well, me too, that's why I'm here. And heck, maybe some KS projects like the hilariously named "www.FeistyButtFunToy.com" will make it thanks to my help. It's a good feeling. :tipshat:

Gendo
Feb 25, 2001

His place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

Gorbash posted:

And just a little over a week later:

:)

prak
Jan 3, 2006

---------
Nap Ghost

Ghost Hat posted:

Also seconding that we should NOT get him an account here since we are all rotten, misanthropic bastards

Trollologist posted:

Should we tell him that the whole reason Team frogout exists is just for him?
or would that be ruining the magic a bit?
It is usually better not to see the sausage being made. Best to let him imagine we are some nutty baseball team or something. That said I'm in for giving cash to some other guy making a subset of them. Also putting frogs on things; I used to really like frogs. :frogc00l:

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Vector frog, now with multiple types.
click for .svg links

:frog:

:frogout:

:getin:

:frogon:

What should we send Wayne for an image? :frogout: that says Frog-Dog?

Unlucky Sven
Oct 26, 2004
Donated but just want to reiterate how economically poor this town is. I pass through it fairly often. Lots of abandoned buildings, a dollar store, a bank, and a Jacks. Blink and you may miss.

ohgodwhat
Aug 6, 2005

Requested_Username posted:

You misspelled Lehigh Valley and Yocco's Hot Dogs but other than that I agree with everything you said

I used to love Yocco's, but I feel like their quality has gone downhill the last couple of times I've gone there. It's a shame. Maybe I'm going to one of the bad ones.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Dude is replying to every frog post from across the world. He know. He knows. *hey wayne, dont post*

Novo
May 13, 2003

Stercorem pro cerebro habes
Soiled Meat

Machai posted:

I'm thinking keep the absurd eyes but make it a little more smiley. I also had the idea that the frog would make a good flippable open/closed sign but while "get in" is cute, "get out" may not be good for business. (Although, maybe as an "exit" sign...)

Wonder Bread
Apr 16, 2005

Have you ever danced with a crapatar in the pale moonlight?
Just when I think I hate the entire internet, this comes along, and is just a wonderful thing. Happy to throw in a little.

Pancakes by Mail
Oct 21, 2010

Many years later, as he faced the firing squad, Goaltender Carey Price was to remember that distant afternoon when his father took him to discover ice.
Obviously :frogbon: is the best choice.

More importantly I don't care about anything frog-related one iota, except that I'm happy if it made some people donate who otherwise wouldn't have.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Novo posted:

I'm thinking keep the absurd eyes but make it a little more smiley. I also had the idea that the frog would make a good flippable open/closed sign but while "get in" is cute, "get out" may not be good for business.
It'd be good for advertising a drive-thru if they have it though.

Michael Scott
Jan 3, 2010

by zen death robot
In case anyone missed it, here is Claude's mother's response to Team Frogout:

Looks like Lord Jesus is gonna take all the credit for our work. Doesn't He always?

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
E: Yeah I saw that earlier, and just shook my head at the idea of goons doing the lords work

While we're fantasizing about how to incorporate our emoticons into this guy's business plan, Get in/Get out if used in conjunction doesn't sound so bad. For a hot dog thing, getting in and getting out would be a benefit

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown
If he wants to put the frog behind the counter or on the menu or something that is cool, but we shouldn't be trying to foist it upon him as some kind of brand identity.

Novo
May 13, 2003

Stercorem pro cerebro habes
Soiled Meat
I think we just want to send him a group photo in the form of some kind of "team frogout" mascot, since that's the name we chose for ourselves. I hope we would all agree that he can do whatever he wants with it.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Machai posted:

Vector frog, now with multiple types.
click for .svg links

:frog:

:frogout:

:getin:

:frogon:

This is great but as was pointed out before, that second line under the eye on the left still makes him look tired as poo poo.

Marta Velasquez
Mar 9, 2013

Good thing I was feeling suicidal this morning...
Fallen Rib
I think :frog: is the best frog. It won't be intrusive on anything else Wayne wants to do with his restaurant. "Get in" and "Get out" are probably too weird for non-SA people.

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp

Conquistador posted:

E: Yeah I saw that earlier, and just shook my head at the idea of goons doing the lords work

Deteriorata posted:

The Lord works in mysterious ways.

This was posted before but I just want to quote it again because Wayne is absolutely priceless

wayne posted:

thanks phlegmish and Jonathon for ur support.. i think this could go that far Jonathon... what did pharaoh say to Moses in the Bible? not verbatum he said gimme one more nite with them frogs...lol

This whole story is endlessly :3:. Wayne gets his dream, his community gets a local business, and we get fuzzy feelings and more comedy than we'd ever expected. Job well done, goons.

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Hahah yeah, I saw that on his kickstarter page and just shook my head at the surreality of the situation

Walkin Goon
Apr 4, 2011
Holy hell, goons!

I left for classes and work this morning, wondering if Doobie's could make the deadline, and I come back to find you've all pushed the kickstarter $2,000 past the goal with plenty of spare time to add on to it.

Claude seems like a cool dude, and I admit to tearing up a little just reading his responses to the donations that were pouring in. I can be a cynical bastard, but damned if it doesn't warm my Grinch heart to know that a hotdog stand called Doobie's Dog House exists out in Alabama. :3:

Also, hotdogs must be like the funnest food to think up names and recipes for.

Doobie dogs, frogdogs, devil dogs, dingo dogs, tater dogs, etc.

Walkin Goon fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Sep 27, 2013

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Update #8!

quote:

Wow.. I love making this update.. As everyone knows .. I'm funded.. Over funded in fact. .. I could never thank everyone enough for the out pouring of kindness.. My family is so excited about the possibilitys.. We are looking for some used equipment now .. I found a floor model fryer and a steam table both for $275.. I got lucky on that .. Here in my town.. She is holding it for me.. My building is in a holding pattern till I got funding so I wouldn't have to make any payments .. So now thanks to all of the wonderful supporters I can get it delivered to my property on hy 82... And start getting it ready.. Thank you everyone for supporting us

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
This is how I feel:

:woop:

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Holy Calamity! posted:

This was posted before but I just want to quote it again because Wayne is absolutely priceless

This whole story is endlessly :3:. Wayne gets his dream, his community gets a local business, and we get fuzzy feelings and more comedy than we'd ever expected. Job well done, goons.

I'm not a religious guy, so can someone explain for an old guy wtf that means? Did Moses like frogs or is this a Noah's arc reference, I'm an idiot. Forgive. Praise the lord.

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp

Darth123123 posted:

I'm not a religious guy, so can someone explain for an old guy wtf that means? Did Moses like frogs or is this a Noah's arc reference, I'm an idiot. Forgive. Praise the lord.

You need to remove the quotation from the link if you click it but here's a little pdf explaining that particular bit;

"One More Night With The Frogs.pdf posted:

Pharaoh could stand it no longer and so he calls Moses and Moses says to Pharaoh, "I will
ask God to take the frogs out of the land, you just tell me when shall God remove the frogs?"
And, Pharaoh tells Moses, "Tomorrow!"

rawdog pozfail fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Sep 27, 2013

Gaspy Conana
Aug 1, 2004

this clown loves you

Darth123123 posted:

Exodus 8 (MSG) posted:

1-4 God said to Moses, “Go to Pharaoh and tell him, ‘God’s Message: Release my people so they can worship me. If you refuse to release them, I’m warning you, I’ll hit the whole country with frogs. The Nile will swarm with frogs—they’ll come up into your houses, into your bedrooms and into your beds, into your servants’ quarters, among the people, into your ovens and pots and pans. They’ll be all over you, all over everyone—frogs everywhere, on and in everything!’”

5 God said to Moses, “Tell Aaron, ‘Wave your staff over the rivers and canals and ponds. Bring up frogs on the land of Egypt.’”

6 Aaron stretched his staff over the waters of Egypt and a mob of frogs came up and covered the country.

7 But again the magicians did the same thing using their incantations—they also produced frogs in Egypt.

8 Pharaoh called in Moses and Aaron and said, “Pray to God to rid us of these frogs. I’ll release the people so that they can make their sacrifices and worship God.”

9 Moses said to Pharaoh, “Certainly. Set the time. When do you want the frogs out of here, away from your servants and people and out of your houses? You’ll be rid of frogs except for those in the Nile.”

10-11 “Make it tomorrow.”

Moses said, “Tomorrow it is—so you’ll realize that there is no God like our God. The frogs will be gone. You and your houses and your servants and your people, free of frogs. The only frogs left will be the ones in the Nile.”

e:f;b
To make up for it, here's a significantly less worthy Kickstarter having to do with hotdogs: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/786263000/hot-dog-stand?ref=search

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Darth123123 posted:

I think the implication was that the plague of frogs wasn't really a plague because the Pharaoh actually liked frogs.

este
Feb 17, 2004

Boing!
Dinosaur Gum
But in this case, instead of the frogs raining, the frogs made it rain :whatup:

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

This just got posted on the facebook page:

Not bad but I like the SA frog better.

Pancakes by Mail
Oct 21, 2010

Many years later, as he faced the firing squad, Goaltender Carey Price was to remember that distant afternoon when his father took him to discover ice.

ewe2 posted:

This just got posted on the facebook page:

Not bad but I like the SA frog better.

That is an extremely lustful image.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

That frog looks downright orgasmic about that hot dog.
-edit Beaten

este
Feb 17, 2004

Boing!
Dinosaur Gum

FROG DOG

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
You folks may make me laugh quite often, but it's rare that you just make me smile.

$25 added to the tally.

• Locked thread