Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Alan Smithee posted:

Why would you slander someone with such filth? Was he posting goatse or something?

Unlikely, goatse is easier on the eyes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

burritolingus posted:

For a brief moment, I thought that was a sequel to the Bob Hoskins' Super Mario Brothers movie. How disappointing.
This kind of exists, by the way. No, I haven't read it, but you bet your rear end I will.

quote:

Hello, and welcome to the Super Mario Bros. The Movie sequel webcomic!

In 1993 Lightmotive Pictures released Super Mario Bros. The Movie, a live-action adaptation of the popular video game series. The film ended with a sequel hook which went unexplored — until now.

Following discussions with original writer Parker Bennett, Steven Applebaum and Ryan Hoss have scripted a new adventure that continues right where the film left off. Join Mario, Luigi and Princess Daisy as they explore new locations and creatures inspired by the games, yet adapted in the film’s unique cyberpunk style.

Will the Super Mario Bros. be able to survive once again? Read on to find out!

Pennypunch
Jun 19, 2013

I've drawn you a bath.

TetsuoTW posted:

This kind of exists, by the way. No, I haven't read it, but you bet your rear end I will.

Oh goddamn. I can't believe I'm saying this, but that comic is actually pretty awesome. It's wonderfully unashamed of its premise and just rolls with it, and unlike the movie the result is actually fun. I also dig the art style.

It's a thousand times better than most of the stuff in this thread, and that's not something I expected to think of a Super Mario Bros. Movie comic.

Godmode Enabled
Jul 14, 2013

I AM A BETAGOON, ASK ME ABOUT PROPER GRIEF TO CASH RATIOS.

TetsuoTW posted:

Wow that comic looks amazing :allears:
Hope Nintendo won't shut it down.. or at least not immediately

JDM3
Jun 26, 2013

Best $10 bux I ever spent on a total stranger.. who happens to be a fucking douchetube.

Zybourne Clock posted:

Of all the dubious iPhone peripheral crowdfunding campaigns, this one is the strangest. It's a 'personal massager' that doubles as a powerbank for your phone/tablet/whatever. Who came up with this idea, and why? To shut off the device you have to press and hold a switch that's hidden below the rubber encasing, so if you're ever in an important meeting and this thing accidentally switches on, you'll either have to take it out for several seconds to switch it off or hope that nobody asks why your purse is quivering like that.

There is no way this is not an incredibly elaborate troll. For those of you who hesitate to click the link, it is a silicone dildo with a rose on the end, so you can massage your temple, or your arm, leg, or the underside of your upper thigh. The other end opens up to a USB port that will recharge an iPhone 5. One of the drawbacks or potential downsides that they mention is that people might think it's a sex toy. Really? You mean if I make a vibrating thing that looks like a moderately strange dildo, people might think it's a sex toy? What the gently caress is wrong with this country?

Final piece of the puzzle - inventor's name is Wong. if they used "Wang" it would be a dead giveaway

ilysespieces
Oct 5, 2009

When life becomes too painful, sometimes it's better to just become a drunk.

JDM3 posted:

There is no way this is not an incredibly elaborate troll. For those of you who hesitate to click the link, it is a silicone dildo with a rose on the end, so you can massage your temple, or your arm, leg, or the underside of your upper thigh. The other end opens up to a USB port that will recharge an iPhone 5. One of the drawbacks or potential downsides that they mention is that people might think it's a sex toy. Really? You mean if I make a vibrating thing that looks like a moderately strange dildo, people might think it's a sex toy? What the gently caress is wrong with this country?

Final piece of the puzzle - inventor's name is Wong. if they used "Wang" it would be a dead giveaway

I can't think it's anything other than a troll or fake based on their funding. They've hit their goal with 13 backers all buying their "Retail" package, 16 glorified dildos, with one person giving them exactly twice the amount for that level.

Also, there's a picture of a woman looking "pleased" running both her hands through her hair, enjoying the "stress management" this "massager" gives her.

If they don't want everyone to immediately think "someone's getting off with this" maybe remove the creepy smiley face after "Internally"?

Carbon Thief
Oct 11, 2009

Diamonds aren't the only things that are forever.

ilysespieces posted:

I can't think it's anything other than a troll or fake based on their funding. They've hit their goal with 13 backers all buying their "Retail" package, 16 glorified dildos, with one person giving them exactly twice the amount for that level.

Also, there's a picture of a woman looking "pleased" running both her hands through her hair, enjoying the "stress management" this "massager" gives her.

If they don't want everyone to immediately think "someone's getting off with this" maybe remove the creepy smiley face after "Internally"?

What stuck out to me was their "conception sketch on paper" that's obviously just a photocopy.

SonicBoom
Jul 12, 2010

quote:

We are excited to introduce to the ladies a product that’s become a necessity in our daily life. These days, everything needs to be charged. Rather it’s our electronic devices or... well... Ourselves... Internally :)

Yeah, if it's not just a troll they definitely know what this would be used for. I mean, it even lists "antibacterial" and "nonporous" as benefits. Not sure I'd want to be shoving something with a USB port and 2000mAh lithium battery inside of me, but at least it would probably go a long time in between charges?

Noni
Jul 8, 2003
ASK ME ABOUT DEFRAUDING GOONS WITH HOT DOGS AND HOW I BANNED EPIC HAMCAT

Hey, do you guys like it when lovely beer explodes in your face because some rear end in a top hat shook it up and threw it at you? If so, look no further than the Cooler Cannon, where that rear end in a top hat is now a robot trapped in a cooler. HOLY poo poo BRAH! If you pledge $10, you get a koozie! (Actual cooler costs $240 and will be delivered either next fall or never)

They need $275,000 and will probably get it because it involves beer and was on TV. If they could somehow give that robot breasts, it would make a million dollars by tomorrow. I hate everyone.

In a similar vein, we have Super Dickman (Probably NWS), which is a platformer game about a dick-man. As shown by that screenshot, the game features epic quests such as "find my planks" and something that involves spraying urine all over walls.

Here's the video game equivalent of a feed bag. Do your arms get exhausted after playing video games for 16 hours straight? Well, let your neck bear the burden of that heavy controller. Now you can use your piss bottle and grab a ladlefull of mayonnaise at the same time without worrying about where to put that unwieldy controller. I know, some of you will buy this because it's somehow practical for gaming while standing or something, but it's still ridiculous if only because it reminds me of one of those prank gift boxes from The Onion:

Finally, here's TSA Survivor shirts, which are $35 T-shirts featuring clip-art.

Noni has a new favorite as of 12:52 on Oct 3, 2013

Cerevisiae
Jul 19, 2009

I'll protect you, Mayor!

Noni posted:

In a similar vein, we have Super Dickman (Probably NWS), which is a platformer game about a dick-man. As shown by that screenshot, the game features epic quests such as "find my planks" and something that involves spraying urine all over walls.

I thought I was in the Let's Play Awful Games thread after seeing this and was trying to figure out what a picture of a cooler had to do with it.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Super Dickman looks like that terrible Ron Paul: Road to REVOLution game that got funded and never finished

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1339254269/ron-paul-road-to-revolution

Tubgirl Cosplay
Jan 10, 2011

by Ion Helmet

Alan Smithee posted:

Super Dickman looks like that terrible Ron Paul: Road to REVOLution game that got funded and never finished

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1339254269/ron-paul-road-to-revolution

Nah, Ron Paul looks more like a scrotum

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Lives: 4000

What?

Steampunk iPhone
Sep 2, 2009

by XyloJW
Not sure if this has been posted before but it's beautiful, the Timecube of board games
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/844250995/centerpiece-small-box-holds-a-full-sized-board-gam

quote:

A different space states, Exchange Your Bank of Feathers. It allows a player to come from behind at anytime. The inside of the box works great as a game-bank. Each time around the board Eagle, Duck and Seagull feathers are rewarded. The goal of CENTERPIECE, becomes a RACE to purchase nine-puzzle-spaces one at a time. Have a bank of two-hundred feathers, have game-parts together. Then land on the Start Sun space, or Bidgecage space to WIN.

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012

Sorry I can't fund this, I'm more interested in Medieval era siege engines. Now if it was a Tequila Trebuchet, then I would consider.

Chexmix
Dec 10, 2006

Looks like you'll have to go handle this yourself.

a million birds posted:

Not sure if this has been posted before but it's beautiful, the Timecube of board games
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/844250995/centerpiece-small-box-holds-a-full-sized-board-gam

This is amazing.

:psyduck: It also sounds like he already has the games made, and he just wants Kickstarter money because, uh, why not? I don't really know.

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

a million birds posted:

I really wish there was a way to buy and receive the game outside of his Kickstarter being funded, because I would totally give this guy $25 for the experience of getting together with my friends and spending an evening trying to figure out how to play the game before our brains melt.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
Super Dick Man seems like the AxeManiac game I was trying to make with ragdoll male genitals. I'm suing.

Has anyone seen The Pheonix Project? http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/missingworldsmedia/the-phoenix-project-city-of-titans

It looks like a fan made MMORPG sequel to City of Heroes, that is basically asking for money to buy copies of 3DStudio Max for all the employees who will.... work for free on an MMO? Their goal is only $320,000 which sounds no where near enough to make a MMO title, let alone pay for the servers, support, designers, artists, music and so on.

Why do people keep supporting MMO titles? They will never take off. Has any MMO on kickstarter made it?

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

AxeManiac posted:

Super Dick Man seems like the AxeManiac game I was trying to make with ragdoll male genitals. I'm suing.

Has anyone seen The Pheonix Project? http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/missingworldsmedia/the-phoenix-project-city-of-titans

It looks like a fan made MMORPG sequel to City of Heroes, that is basically asking for money to buy copies of 3DStudio Max for all the employees who will.... work for free on an MMO? Their goal is only $320,000 which sounds no where near enough to make a MMO title, let alone pay for the servers, support, designers, artists, music and so on.

Why do people keep supporting MMO titles? They will never take off. Has any MMO on kickstarter made it?

From the blurb, it's a big group of volunteers. And we know that when your entire team consists of unpaid volunteers (100+ of them), they are going to be UTTERLY committed to the project, and not flake out, or have to get paying jobs, realise they've taken on more than they can handle, refuse to work antisocial hours, get into huge ego fueled arguments, and all these apply doubly when they have never met, work from home and live in different time zones.

Ximen
Aug 18, 2013
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/22cans/project-godus
Always a honorable mention, Peter Molyneux stealing from the people with grace, whilst he lies with a silver tongue.
Been rolling up, crying in my bed over the thought that this piece of horrendous crap even got funded.

Also, the icing on the cake is that the game is optimized for touch devices. Whilst Peter himself talks about how much he ''love'' his PC community...

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Not supposed to be here today

AxeManiac posted:

The product lead is a good, he's apparently been talking about this in the City of Heroes thread for months, and he was posting in the Games KS thread yesterday to try to convince people there that it won't fall apart.

Orzo
Sep 3, 2004

IT! IT is confusing! Say your goddamn pronouns!

Ximen posted:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/22cans/project-godus
Always a honorable mention, Peter Molyneux stealing from the people with grace, whilst he lies with a silver tongue.
Been rolling up, crying in my bed over the thought that this piece of horrendous crap even got funded.

Also, the icing on the cake is that the game is optimized for touch devices. Whilst Peter himself talks about how much he ''love'' his PC community...
What's your problem with this Kickstarter? It got funded and is clearly being actively worked on towards completion as evidenced by a recent beta release, which is more than you can say for most gaming kickstarters. How exactly did Molyneux 'steal' from anyone?

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

dijon du jour posted:

I really wish there was a way to buy and receive the game outside of his Kickstarter being funded, because I would totally give this guy $25 for the experience of getting together with my friends and spending an evening trying to figure out how to play the game before our brains melt.

If you google his name you'll find his Facebook page so I guess you could send him a message there.

The google search also brought up a whole bunch of trademark sites which record the trademarks he's placed on this CENTREPIECE game since the 90s.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

If you google his name you'll find his Facebook page so I guess you could send him a message there.

The google search also brought up a whole bunch of trademark sites which record the trademarks he's placed on this CENTREPIECE game since the 90s.

I tried reading it aloud for my dumb podcast, came out to about a four minute episode but it took forever because I kept tripping over the crazy sentence structures: http://systemmasterypodcast.com/2013/09/24/kickstarter-minisode-1-centerpiece/

Ximen
Aug 18, 2013

Orzo posted:

What's your problem with this Kickstarter? It got funded and is clearly being actively worked on towards completion as evidenced by a recent beta release, which is more than you can say for most gaming kickstarters. How exactly did Molyneux 'steal' from anyone?

It has much to do with Molyneux himself, the game concept itself was good and I even ended up funding it. What bothers me is that Molyneux have done it again, and so far delivered less than promised.
The main problem being how the game feels like it is made IOS / Android / Other touch devices. The reason this annoys me is much because he, himself have said that he loves his PC community and his PC players, something this game quite blatantly proves wrong so far.

He hyped his fans so many times over the last couple of years, examples is all the features that he promised for Fable / Black & White, and never delivered.
But that doesen't go without saying: Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

Orzo posted:

You have to click on houses sometimes to get resources, so people played like five minutes and then flipped their poo poo about how it's "obviously" just a Farmville clone now even though playing for more than five minutes reveals that it, in fact, is not. He even said he's considering changing the mechanic to mousing over the houses to harvest it now because people threw so much of a poo poo fit, even though the tech tree gets you a mechanic like an hour in max that makes it so you don't need to click individual houses to get enough of the resource.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

Ximen posted:

He hyped his fans so many times over the last couple of years, examples is all the features that he promised for Fable / Black & White, and never delivered.
But that doesen't go without saying: Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me.

With him, isn't it "Fool me seven times, shame on you; fool me eight times... well, you won't be fooled again" by now?

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer

Fatkraken posted:

From the blurb, it's a big group of volunteers. And we know that when your entire team consists of unpaid volunteers (100+ of them), they are going to be UTTERLY committed to the project, and not flake out, or have to get paying jobs, realise they've taken on more than they can handle, refuse to work antisocial hours, get into huge ego fueled arguments, and all these apply doubly when they have never met, work from home and live in different time zones.

I am suddenly incredibly sad that The Zybourne Clock never knew the grace of kickstarter

pat908756
Jan 17, 2013
How about this one? Anyone here think the "co-author/co-director" father is just using his daughter to fund his own project?

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1103446968/carver-a-horror-film-by-13-year-old-emily-diprimio

Meh, whatever, in for $5.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Ximen posted:

The main problem being how the game feels like it is made IOS / Android / Other touch devices. The reason this annoys me is much because he, himself have said that he loves his PC community and his PC players, something this game quite blatantly proves wrong so far.
1) So what if it's built around touch devices primarily? Big deal, can you still play it on a PC?
2) It's barely even an alpha, don't you think it's a little early to judge?
3) I'd rather have more dudes aiming for the stars and landing in mud than aiming for a pile of poo poo and hitting it square on.

duralict
Sep 18, 2007

this isn't hug club at all
I hate the child gimmick. I think most of the time it's just purely exploitive of whatever kid the real creator trucks out for marketing purposes, and when the child is actually genuinely the steering force behind the project then funding it is deciding to value youth over any kind of practical experience or skills. I find it depressing that projects like that almost always get funded while similar projects from people who actually know what they're doing and aren't literally children have to fiercely compete just to get seen.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

TetsuoTW posted:

1) So what if it's built around touch devices primarily? Big deal, can you still play it on a PC?
2) It's barely even an alpha, don't you think it's a little early to judge?
3) I'd rather have more dudes aiming for the stars and landing in mud than aiming for a pile of poo poo and hitting it square on.

I can refute this with one word: Goons.

Seriously, people freak out about the stupidest poo poo. I love this entitlement people get when it comes to things that are in beta or alpha or whatever - do the same people walk into an unfinished house and go, "what the gently caress, water can get into here?" No poo poo, there's no loving roof because it's not finished.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

duralict posted:

I hate the child gimmick. I think most of the time it's just purely exploitive of whatever kid the real creator trucks out for marketing purposes, and when the child is actually genuinely the steering force behind the project then funding it is deciding to value youth over any kind of practical experience or skills. I find it depressing that projects like that almost always get funded while similar projects from people who actually know what they're doing and aren't literally children have to fiercely compete just to get seen.

How about this one, for an Army guy's food truck?

quote:

This July, we found my daughter was in a bad situation with a controlling and abusive boyfriend that was causing her to fall into an even worst situation. I forced the issue of her coming to visit at home, which was in Washington at the time, and hoped to be able to convince her to stay. She did not see his abusive side at this point. Well we opened her eyes and I convinced her that I would start a concession stand in which she would be an equal partner and she agreed to stay.

The plan seems to be to keep his 20-year-old daughter chained to it while he's deployed in Afghanistan. This seems like Doobie's Doghouse From Hell.

Ximen
Aug 18, 2013

Mozi posted:

With him, isn't it "Fool me seven times, shame on you; fool me eight times... well, you won't be fooled again" by now?
That's more like it yeah.

Ximen
Aug 18, 2013

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

You have to click on houses sometimes to get resources, so people played like five minutes and then flipped their poo poo about how it's "obviously" just a Farmville clone now even though playing for more than five minutes reveals that it, in fact, is not. He even said he's considering changing the mechanic to mousing over the houses to harvest it now because people threw so much of a poo poo fit, even though the tech tree gets you a mechanic like an hour in max that makes it so you don't need to click individual houses to get enough of the resource.

I've played the game for approx 5 hours ''activly'', with 13 hours on & off due to the element in the game where it takes a lot of time for god power to generate. (You wait for hours eventually as buildings get more advanced) Something that also making it more of a facebook / IOS / Android game.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Build settlements dumbass.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

TetsuoTW posted:

Counterpoint: The OUYA.

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.

theflyingorc posted:

Counterpoint: The OUYA.

Uh... In what universe was OUYA shooting for the stars and not heat-seak-locked-on to a giant, fresh, creepyass Reddit turd of nerd allowances and misogyny?

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Drunk Tomato posted:

Uh... In what universe was OUYA shooting for the stars and not heat-seak-locked-on to a giant, fresh, creepyass Reddit turd of nerd allowances and misogyny?

I'm...not sure what about the OUYA was misogyny, but they've constantly talked about how they're reinventing the concept of the console and how they're gunning for the big three and how WE DID IT!!!! When their sales are abysmal and 73% of all owners have never purchased a single piece of software.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

theflyingorc posted:

I'm...not sure what about the OUYA was misogyny, but they've constantly talked about how they're reinventing the concept of the console and how they're gunning for the big three and how WE DID IT!!!! When their sales are abysmal and 73% of all owners have never purchased a single piece of software.
Yeah but they clearly never actually meant it. They were all about reinventing consoles and gaming and whatnot in the same way that MLMs are all about helping the little person break free of the 9-to-5 grind and become independently wealthy. Say what you want about Molyneux, but that motherfucker dreams big and believes it wholeheartedly. He's just constantly overambitious and unable to discern when it is time for quiet and/or realism.