Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
redhalo
May 19, 2009

Cannot Find Server posted:

Nah, just drawing on the fact that we've had three games with this issue. I'd like to imagine that they've fixed it for 5, but if you told me back when Forza 2 was the newest entry that this problem would still be present in 4, I'd never believe you. Since the problem is caused by a memory leak linked to paint schemes from yourself and other players, if they have not fixed this leak and increase the player count to 24, that would be really bad.

I'd like to hope that that got overhauled with the new paint system, but I also thought we were originally told all new car models and all tracks digitally scanned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

redhalo posted:

I'd like to hope that that got overhauled with the new paint system, but I also thought we were originally told all new car models and all tracks digitally scanned.

Greenawalt has said that they were put on a tight schedule for the game (hence why no weather or night racing), so I've been kinda doubtful about these claims from the start.

astrollinthepork
Sep 24, 2007

When you come at the king, you best not miss, snitch

HE KNOWS
So I don't know what AUGR is up to these days, but feel free to kick me out. GT: meifunk

MUFFlNS
Mar 7, 2004

redhalo posted:

Have you seen a hardlock from a Forza 5 demo?

When Dan Greenawalt recently demonstrated the game at the Eurogamer Expo, he had to cut the live gameplay demo short because of a gamebreaking bug that cropped up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdFTGusE21E

Obviously the game is in alpha state however, and stuff like this happens all the time before a game ships, but I don't think that Cannot Find Server is being unreasonable with his concerns for the game, considering the issue he has is something that he's experienced in three separate entries in the franchise. At the same time however, Turn 10 claim that FM5 is using an brand new engine this time around (I have my own doubts about this, personally) so theoretically, it's incredibly unlikely that the same problem would crop up in FM5.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?
Forza has had issues with the paint system since the game's inception. Anyone who has spent more than half an hour in any of the games paint modes will know that if you use the "paste from other side" command, the two sides will not line up, and on some cars the misalignment can be really evident. Also cars with unpaintable areas, areas that stretch vinyls...

I love painting cars in FM games, but I have to set aside a good chunk of time to get anything done because I'm always paranoid about the game loving up on me.

That said, FM 3 and 4 fixed the issue FM2 had where the layers would shift around on the car over time, leading to vinyls getting all messed up.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
If they fix the UV maps of the cars, that would be nice. There are a few cars where if you paint a certain section, it also paints a triangle on another part of the car. It's really frustrating to have to mess with skewing shapes to something to match up from one section of the car to another.

Sex Vicar
Oct 11, 2007

I thought this was a swingers party...
This weeks showroom update is up

quote:

2013 Audi S4
1985 Ford RS200 Evolution
2012 Hyundai Veloster Turbo
2012 Vauxhall Astra VXR
1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
1991 GMC Syclone
1998 Ferrari #12 Risi Competizione F333 SP
2005 Dodge SRT4 ACR
2010 Mazda Mazdaspeed 3
2011 Peugeot 308 GTI
1970 Chevrolet El Camino SS 454
2003 BMW M5
1971 Lotus Elan Sprint
1993 McLaren F1
1977 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am
2003 Nissan Fairlady Z
1965 MINI Cooper S
2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi
2003 Volkswagen Golf R32

Someone check Jarf and see if he's OK. He's been wanting that Mini forever at this point. He might just die of happiness.

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002
So Forza 3's DLC's have been 'End of Life'd. I already had all the stuff I wanted, but it's kind of a weird feeling, too. I always assumed that stuff like that would just get left up there forever.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

Sex Vicar posted:

Someone check Jarf and see if he's OK. He's been wanting that Mini forever at this point. He might just die of happiness.
To me it seems weird that in the writeup they mention one all new car to Forza Motorsport, then they not only don't have a picture of it, but they bury it in the text list and don't make specific mention of which one it is.

It's cool that we are getting the original Mini, I kind of wonder what other cars they might add from that era. We got the original Beetle in FM4, and Horizon had that old Fiat. It would be cool if there were 4 or 5 similar cars so that a spec race/league could be created.

Captain Hair
Dec 31, 2007

Of course, that can backfire... some men like their bitches crazy.

Sex Vicar posted:

MINI wasn't around in the 60's T10 :colbert:

Seriously though, even though its in, its not enough to make me want an Xbox One, just for F5. Close though, with the classic mini being in it, real close...

About drat time they put it in, too.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Captain Hair posted:

Seriously though, even though its in, its not enough to make me want an Xbox One, just for F5. Close though, with the classic mini being in it, real close...

About drat time they put it in, too.

Well they had the model from horizon so its not too unexpected,so hopefully we should also see the abarth 595 in the list :twisted:

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

Sex Vicar posted:

It's about god drat time! That's my F, E, D & C cars set for Forza 5.

Mini spec race yes please.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008
They posted a new picture of the Bathurst course on their Facebook page. They said they'd post a couple more but it's been a while and I haven't seen any other ones pop up yet.

edit:

GentlemanofLeisure fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Oct 3, 2013

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Captain Hair posted:

No, what you mean is that the fat bloated MINI wasn't around in the 60s :colbert:

GentlemanofLeisure posted:

They posted a new picture of the Bathurst course on their Facebook page. They said they'd post a couple more but it's been a while and I haven't seen any other ones pop up yet.

edit:

Dar-rool. Can't wait to run that track. I hope they bring out some old 1970s Australian Group C Touring cars for it

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Bathurst got confirmed for GT6, it has night time too, and I assume weather. But probably no V8 supercars. God damnit, both games have things the other needs. :mad:

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

I said come in! posted:

Bathurst got confirmed for GT6, it has night time too, and I assume weather. But probably no V8 supercars. God damnit, both games have things the other needs. :mad:

This is where we hope that one console or the other fails. Then Turn 10 and Polyphony can be rolled into one wonderful studio of constant release delays and hardlocks :allears:

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Just a reminder that the first (exhibition) race for SBC is thursday.

I'll be putting up a lobby around 8-8:15ish (EST) tonight for SBC practice followed by our typical loving around.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Join us tonight even if you aren't gonna be in SBC! We need more people for Cat and Mouse :unsmigghh:

Sex Vicar
Oct 11, 2007

I thought this was a swingers party...
New Showroom update for FM5. This weeks cars are no major surprises either but nice confirmed returns like the Quattro and Civic.

quote:

2011 Ferrari 599 GTO
2011 Koenigsegg Agera
1983 Audi Sport Quattro
1999 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI GSR
2010 Nissan370Z
2010 Lamborghini Murcielago LP 670-4 SV
1998 Subaru Impreza 22B STi
2006 Audi RS 4
2011 Mazda RX-8 R3
2010 Volkswagen Golf R
2007 Ford Shelby GT500
2010 Ferrari 458 Italia
2007 Ferrari 430 Scuderia
2010 Renault Megane RS 250
2013 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track
2011 BMW X5 M
2011 BMW Z4 sDrive35is
1997 Honda Civic Type R
2001 Acura Integra Type-R
1987 Buick Regal GNX
2008 Aston Martin DBS
2012 Mercedes-Benz SLK55 AMG
1970 Chevrolet Corvette ZR-1

There was a Holden leaked in the week in review section as well though it's not a great shot of the dash so we don't know what one yet. Bathurst gameplay if you squint as well.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007

quote:

1998 Subaru Impreza 22B STi

About time this thing got a visual overhaul :getin:

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Sex Vicar posted:

New Showroom update for FM5. This weeks cars are no major surprises either but nice confirmed returns like the Quattro and Civic.

There was a Holden leaked in the week in review section as well though it's not a great shot of the dash so we don't know what one yet. Bathurst gameplay if you squint as well.

That's a VE or VF Commodore dashboard, so the car will be a HSV of some sort

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6u0ioMnWS4

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Reminder that the first races of SBC are tonight at 9PM EST.

Battlegoat
Jul 24, 2003

Nap Ghost
Did you guys fill up or was there something other than sign up and be online that I needed to do to be invited?

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

for Killonum: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AvIl1xYRpYa4dHFHM3BKd2M0OVF3bi1UYWhqSDgwVFE#gid=3

*edit*

Battlegoat, short version is that I forgot to add you to my friends list but Cubey said he sent a club invite so I didnt know you were online. Sorry about that. I saw your post before the 2nd race and invited you then.

Also you dont seem to have a mic? I hope you had fun.

Basticle fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Oct 11, 2013

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Just gonna post these here

Infineon:

Silverstone:

PI adjustments for next week are done.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

The only race I'll win and it wasn't even for points :shepface:

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VQ1X94Fvgw

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Microsoft is flogging the crap out of FM 5 at Bathurst this weekend

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

You know where you are? You're in the suburbs, baby. You're gonna drive.

For future reference, my PA name is also Kilonum

hitze
Aug 28, 2007
Give me a dollar. No, the twenty. This is gonna blow your mind...

Bathurst footage
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKykUz5pXaw

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
The clutch disengages itself when I come to a stop and engage automatically when I hit the gas from a stop.

The car should stall if I don't put the clutch in. :qq: My immersion :qq:

MUFFlNS
Mar 7, 2004

It's nice to see footage of Bathurst, even if it's unfortunately recorded with a phone camera. I hope that Turn 10 starts revealing more information about the track list soon, since I'd much rather know what locations there are to race in rather than see weekly updates about a (mostly) predictable car list. The same could be said of the tracks of course, but I recall Turn 10 updating their website with the cars/tracks for Forza 4 pretty regularly leading up to the release of the game, with I think one track per week? Considering Forza 5 is due to be released in a little over a month, it's a little frustrating to see them still holding back so much information about the game. I hope that they start talking more about the game soon.

There was some guy who broke his NDA to talk about the game (he mentioned Long Beach Grand Prix and Yas Marina circuits being in the game, Sunset Peninsula returning and spotting an Ariel Atom on the car selection screen) but it's anyone's guess if he was making it up or not. Moderators on the official Forza forums were very quick to delete any posts referencing his 'leak' however, so take that as you will I guess.

He also said the ridiculous super-sticky corner cutting zones were absent from Forza 5, for anyone who cares and didn't like that stuff. Apparently in Forza 5, anybody cutting corners instead has to deal with more realistic consequences to handling and reduced grip when returning to the track.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I actually liked how Forza 4 dealt with cutting corners because unlike in the real world, you don't have race marshals to enforce the rules, and this was a good alternative to that. It helped make sure that people who go off track, fell behind like they are suppose to. It's just that sometimes it was really harsh and you lost quite a few places, although even that happens in the real world. It was a good compromise that was poorly understood I think.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Long Beach is cool, but Yas Marina? Why?

Also, the sticky grass was way, way too harsh. Especially at Indianapolis, where dropping one quarter of one tire into the grass for a split second in any of the oval corners would take you down to 20 MPH instantly. Ugh.

LiquidRain
May 21, 2007

Watch the madness!

I said come in! posted:

I actually liked how Forza 4 dealt with cutting corners because unlike in the real world, you don't have race marshals to enforce the rules, and this was a good alternative to that. It helped make sure that people who go off track, fell behind like they are suppose to. It's just that sometimes it was really harsh and you lost quite a few places, although even that happens in the real world. It was a good compromise that was poorly understood I think.
Actually an interesting idea would be *to* have forced race marshals. PIT someone, cut a corner, etc? Have an AI take over for you and force you to do a pit pass. (like I said; only an interesting idea. I agree with you re: Forza 4's handling. You're supposed to stay on track anyway.)

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Cannot Find Server posted:

Long Beach is cool, but Yas Marina? Why?

Also, the sticky grass was way, way too harsh. Especially at Indianapolis, where dropping one quarter of one tire into the grass for a split second in any of the oval corners would take you down to 20 MPH instantly. Ugh.

I'm a bit conflicted on the sticky grass, the amount of times i've lost a race hitting the patch on the outside of dunlop on suzuka. Seriously why the hell is there sticky grass on a section of a track on a high speed corner where your going to loose time anyway due to understeering off.

But it also creates hillarious accidents, that tiny section coming onto the main straight at Indy and the chicane on the sedona club section always seem to create a shunt at somepoint.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Magic grass also creates hilarious incidents in Cat and Mouse as you try to dive across it to come out on the other side to t-bone the mouse and are yelling AHHHHHHHHHHHHHGGGGGGGGG I HAVE YOU N- oh :(

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Has this been done before?
Soiled Meat

LiquidRain posted:

Actually an interesting idea would be *to* have forced race marshals. PIT someone, cut a corner, etc? Have an AI take over for you and force you to do a pit pass. (like I said; only an interesting idea. I agree with you re: Forza 4's handling. You're supposed to stay on track anyway.)

My concern with all of these is that it should be a user option.I would have loved it if T10 let us choose whether sticky grass was on or off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

General Probe posted:

My concern with all of these is that it should be a user option.I would have loved it if T10 let us choose whether sticky grass was on or off
Yeah, it would be nice to have that as a lobby setting. Generally it's helpful to prevent corner cutters in public hoppers, but in private lobbies where people are driving clean it would be nice to have the option to turn off.

• Locked thread