Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

yoyomama
Dec 28, 2008

mim posted:

Job Openings: ~120 open positions in a variety of fields including copywriting, design, software/web development, account management, art director, marketing strategy, and more. Check openings at http://www.rosetta.com/about/careers/

Experience: All levels! Looking for interns for summer 2014, 2014 college graduates, and experienced professionals. Internships and entry level positions are noted as such on the website.

Locations: Los Angeles CA, San Luis Obispo CA, San Francisco CA, Chicago IL, Cleveland OH, Hamilton NJ, New York NY, London U.K.

about : Rosetta is a digital marketing agency, offering a full list of services to our clients. We handle everything from marketing strategy to creative design, web development and analytics. See more at http://www.rosetta.com/work/

Applying: Apply directly on the website.

Interview process: Generally you will be contacted by an HR person for a quick 15-20 minute phone interview. This generally determines if you are a mostly functioning human being with the ability to breathe. Next you will have a more detailed 45 minute interview with an experienced person in the roll you are applying. Expected more detailed questions about topics/skills on your resume. Finally you will have an inperson interview in an office. You will generally spend 20-30 minutes with 3-5 individuals from the group you would be joining, these would usually be 2-3 experienced/senior people at your role and 1-2 managers.

If you have any questions, feel free to email me at f1tof8 at gmail .com

Thanks for posting this, I sent you an email earlier today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mim
Apr 25, 2010

yoyomama posted:

Thanks for posting this, I sent you an email earlier today.

Replied!

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

mim posted:

Job Openings

I'll be moving from the San Francisco Bay Area to Los Angeles next summer. I couldn't determine from your post if there would be openings for those with professional experience (in addition to interns/college graduates) at that time. Can you clarify?

USDA Choice
Jul 4, 2004

BIG TEN PRIDE
Job Seeker

Location: Chicago, but willing to relocate to any large-ish metro area in the continental US

Education: BA from the University of Wisconsin - Madison in Mandarin Chinese, East Asian Studies, and History

Experience: Most recently I was in Product Marketing and prior to that Technical Writing at a large network equipment company in Asia, though I have recently moved back to the US. I also have experience in education and technical support. Right now Supply Chain / Logistics is of particular interest, as is an analytical position. My Chinese is pretty ace and ideally that would be put to use, but it is not a must.

Looking For: Full-time

Availability: Immediate

Contact Info: PM, or eric dot mathis at gmail dot com

StandardToast
Feb 13, 2012

Is there anything in Portland, OR right now that isn't some sort of technical, warehouse, nursing, or experience only foodservice? Anyone?

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

StandardToast posted:

Is there anything in Portland, OR right now that isn't some sort of technical, warehouse, nursing, or experience only foodservice? Anyone?

If you have a shred of sales experience grocery store banks are nearly always hiring. If you do well you can transfer after a year. I promise you don't need to be smart to work in a retail bank.

angel opportunity
Sep 7, 2004

Total Eclipse of the Heart
Job Seeker:

This is a long shot, but does anyone here work in an International Center (or whatever you call it at your university) in the Pacific Northwest? I have applied for almost every opening in Eugene and the Seattle area for Study Abroad advisor, F1 advisor, and any type of "international" job at every university. I have two years experience in the field (mostly with J-visas) and am hoping I will hear back from somewhere, but I'm just trying to see if anyone here could get me a referral.

Amun
Oct 16, 2002

Crosspost from SH/SC:

Job Opening
We're looking for a couple programmers in Chicago! No remote workers, please. We work side-by-side a great deal, so being in the office is critical.

Who we are: A small medical software startup focusing mostly on mobile.
Where we are: Downtown Chicago (near Union Station)

Job title: we really don't like job titles very much

What we want: A couple solid programmers, as vague as that sounds. 95% of the code we write is in Javascript, whether it's for node.js or appcelerator's Titanium. We prefer self-taught people who have experience with OOP and MVC, but we're not using any particular language as a filter for candidates. I had written very little javascript (I actually have a C# background) and still got hired. All candidates have to sit shoulder to shoulder with one of us and actually write code that works as a part of the interview process.

The Good: Salary is competitive, and we often do bonuses. The company picks up the tab for lunch most days!

The Bad: We're really small, so there are no benefits yet. I get paid extra so I can go buy my own -- this will likely change in 3-6 months as we grow (which we're doing quickly)!

Contact: jeremy.lee.phelps@gmail.com or PM. Code samples are very welcome!

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
More Chicago Talk!

Job Opening

Looking for a any number of hourly people to do outbound calling (no sales, just quick questions to people who are already customers).

Experience: Dial a phone, speak English, use a computer mouse without falling out of your chair.

Pay & Hours: $11-13 an hour, the hours are from 8 to 8, Monday through Saturday. Obviously you would not be able to work the full schedule, but that's when the office is open and calls are being made, so you can essentially work when you want within those parameters.

mim
Apr 25, 2010

Cup of Hemlock posted:

I'll be moving from the San Francisco Bay Area to Los Angeles next summer. I couldn't determine from your post if there would be openings for those with professional experience (in addition to interns/college graduates) at that time. Can you clarify?

Yes, definitely have positions for experienced professionals. Basically anything listed here that doesn't list summer intern 2014/2014 graduate in the title is for those with experience. If you sort by location, it looks like there are 19 open positions in LA, only 2 are for intern/college grads. The LA positions cover a variety of experience levels/job roles, from 1-3 years (UX designer) to 8-10 years (Brand Director).

mim fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Oct 24, 2013

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

mim posted:

Yes, definitely have positions for experienced professionals. Basically anything listed here that doesn't list summer intern 2014/2014 graduate in the title is for those with experience. If you sort by location, it looks like there are 19 open positions in LA, only 2 are for intern/college grads. The LA positions cover a variety of experience levels/job roles, from 1-3 years (UX designer) to 8-10 years (Brand Director).

What I'm wondering though is whether those will be open (or become open) next summer.

Jazz Marimba
Jan 4, 2012

captainOrbital posted:

More Chicago Talk!

Sent you an email! I'm extremely adept at not falling out of chairs while operating a phone and/or computer.

Captain Trips
May 23, 2013
The sudden reminder that I have no fucking clue what I'm talking about
Looking for a job in Columbus, OH. Preferably day shift.

Currently loading trucks at the UPS hub in Hilliard, and it's loving up my back. For $8.50/hr (minus goddamned union dues) it's just not worth the pain and potential for long-term injury. Not to mention that the night shift has absolutely destroyed my social life and is putting a strain on my girlfriend and I.

I've got experience fixing Windows computers, though no programming experience or any kind of fancy "certifications".

mim
Apr 25, 2010

Cup of Hemlock posted:

What I'm wondering though is whether those will be open (or become open) next summer.

Couldn't say...I guess check in a few months? Sorry!

Bhaal
Jul 13, 2001
I ain't going down alone
Dr. Infant, MD
Cross posting from Caverns of Cobol. Basically two IT-oriented jobs. One is IT operations manager and the other is a software (web) developer

We're hiring!

Who we are: A successful, cashflow-positive startup that's been around over 4 years and growing like mad.
What we do: We're in the healthcare industry, exploring a new sort of market with an IT-heavy approach to benefit employers and employees both in terms of individual/aggregate health profiles and giving them better analytics on their insurance & claims costs.
What we're like: We're very small team with very strong rapport built among each other. We're distributed with a lot of people working in different locations, but our largest is here in mesa where nearly all development and IT stuff takes place. Generally you make your own hours as long as you keep up with communication and urgent requests that come in (not a large issue, except sometimes for the 1st position listed below). Super relaxed environment. Very nice workstations with a friendly, accommodating CTO who will get us whatever we need to be comfortable and productive.
What we need: Two full time positions:

1) IT Operations Manager (less technical, but still technical)

Skills you possess:

• Comfortable knowledge of relational databases. Understanding of relatively simple data-draw SQL queries (select with a few joins), or if not syntax then at least how to manipulate and interpret reporting tools. You're the one assisting account managers translate what we have in the database into a specific report, rolled up number, or spreadsheet that is delivered to the client (when such reports are requested off the cuff and don't exist within our standard fare of automated reports).
  • Strong communication and correspondence skills. Typically you won't have too much exposure to clients but often a response to a client will be waiting on you.
  • Strong organizational skills and workflow management. We have tools for ticketing and project management which will help immensely but nonetheless you'll have to effectively manage your time so that eg. you'll know the degree of confidence you can say yes or no to committing to some new request and its proposed timeline.
  • Documentation and creating/deconstructing a processes to find weaknesses and coming up with improvements.
  • Familiarity with code (php in particular) is a big plus.
  • Strong ability with excel manipulation, knowing how to import/export a CSV, etc.

Things you will do:

• work with customer service reps and account managers to facilitate anything needed out of IT for day to day, week to week operations
  • Work with account managers (and sometimes directly with clients) to decide on contract specs, interpret their requirements into what we can offer, etc
  • Provide custom reporting requests and oversee automated reporting to ensure all goes smoothly
  • Do some prep work for new clients, be present for new client launches, assist account managers with email campaigns
  • Process census files from clients. There is a tool that does all the heavy lifting but this always will require a keen human element since it's accepting sensitive data from 3rd parties who don't always have their act together
  • A number of daily maintenance activities that come up in the normal course of things. Sometimes the lab work company send us corrupted or obviously-manually-manipulated data that can't be processed automatically
  • Process Improvement. Identify what could be factored out of your workload via smarter ways of handing off tasks, some new code to automate something, etc. Work with developers and others to produce a spec, etc.

Basically you are a technically literate operations manager. If you are a tech person who wants to gain experience into the business side of things or a business person who wants to gain experience into the technical side of things, this position is a management-level bridge for that.

2) Software Developer (entry level thru senior)

Skills you possess:

• PHP experience is preferred, but really any sort of background can fit. This is where I give the standard spiel about the language not mattering as much as the affinity of the developer to adapt and so on.
  • Ability to learn/follow HIPAA compliance, no matter how annoying it is. As well as SASS/SOX and a bunch of other standards that we are beholden to. You have access to personal info and medical data for many many people so you have to learn and play by the rules or we all get burned. A lot of this is already handled systemically, we have processes for testing/deploying and signoffs, so as a developer this mostly boils do don't do anything stupid, no cowboy poo poo, no developing on production, don't take copies of the database off site and so on. We have to give you enough access to technically be able to do these things, but you've got to have the self discipline even though as a culture we're small, fast and loose with a lot of other stuff. It's common sense I know but it's also complete zero tolerance.
  • LAMP stack familiarity is a giant plus. Working with Zend's platform is even better because that's us.
  • SVN, if you are familiar with git that's great as we would like to move to git eventually but for right now we're in the cutting edge of 2004 when it comes to version control
  • Query skills, basic query optimization, and the ability to create/debug large and intricate queries when the need arises.

Things you will work on:
  • A zend-framework backend application, a backbone.js frontend application, and a MySQL/galera db cluster (we have a DBA so you won't have to have much exposure to the underbelly of all that).
  • The app has a user portal, admin portal and client (employer) portal, with active development especially in the latter two
  • Freely weigh in on new features, implementation approaches, and so on. We want people who can move beyond just executing task lists and will make that sort of growth available
  • A small team of 3-4 developers with me as your leader and firewall to parse requests and requirements coming in from the company and clients.

Contact me through pms, here or email matt.cordes at gmail

Bhaal fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Nov 6, 2013

Pug
Nov 26, 2008
Any accounting/finance goons in Texas looking for jobs?

|Ziggy|
Oct 2, 2004

Pug posted:

For the right position I might be. Is there a way to contact you to find out more?

Pug
Nov 26, 2008

|Ziggy| posted:

For the right position I might be. Is there a way to contact you to find out more?

Haha, I think we helped get you your current job. Your boss thinks you are amazing by the way. I'll send you another email.

Pug fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Nov 7, 2013

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Captain Trips posted:

Looking for a job in Columbus, OH. Preferably day shift.

Currently loading trucks at the UPS hub in Hilliard, and it's loving up my back. For $8.50/hr (minus goddamned union dues) it's just not worth the pain and potential for long-term injury. Not to mention that the night shift has absolutely destroyed my social life and is putting a strain on my girlfriend and I.

I've got experience fixing Windows computers, though no programming experience or any kind of fancy "certifications".

If you can drive and can tough it out, apply to whatever temp agency in Marysville has the Honda contract now. They are ramping up for a huge hire.

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!

Pug posted:

I am, what's on the table?

Gabriel Grub
Dec 18, 2004
Job Seeker

Education: BA - University of California, Irvine
Professional Accountant Certificate - Santa Monica College

Experience: 2 years staff accountant at an electronics manufacturer. I do just about everything accounting related here, reporting, bookkeeping, inventories, payroll, general ledger, closing, you name it. Also cost accounting, especially for lean manufacturing. Prior to that teaching English in :japan:. Read, write, and speak Japanese if that means anything.

Looking For: Full-time, need a position under the direct supervision of an active California CPA license holder. Trying to get work experience hours for my CPA license. Exam eligible.

Contact Info: PMs

Gabriel Grub fucked around with this message at 08:37 on Nov 10, 2013

Pug
Nov 26, 2008

Erdricks posted:

I am, what's on the table?

Go ahead and send your resume to bpointjobs@bridgepointconsulting.com and put stairs in the subject or something. I work at a staffing agency and we are currently trying to fill a wide range of positions. Once I have a look at your resume, I can give you some options and we can talk a little more.

I hope this is alright for this thread. I could post new positions here every couple days ,but if there are only one or two goons here in my state/field it might not be the best.

Pug fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Nov 14, 2013

spwrozek
Sep 4, 2006

Sail when it's windy

Xcel energy has three engineering jobs posted in Denver. Gas engineer, looks like a few years experience wanted but can hire at any level if you have 20 years or something.

They also posted 2 entry level positions for civil/mechanical engineers (literally 0 years experience). They are either power plant work based on location and responsibility. I can find out more info about the jobs if you are interested, just pm me.

spwrozek fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Nov 11, 2013

CriticalHit
Jan 19, 2005
Our company is currently looking to add a couple entry-level help desk positions to its IT staff. We are located in downtown Washington D.C.

The job description reads as follows:

The Technician coordinates, documents, tracks and resolves incidents and completes work orders per departmental procedures. These pertain to PC and Macintosh architecture and operating systems, telephones, and specialized equipment. The Technician provides support to clients on a variety of software and hardware platforms and provides client administration to various system resources.

MINIMUM RESPONSIBILITIES & REQUIREMENTS

• Provide high quality phone and in-person support of PC and Macintosh computers
• Strong familiarity with and troubleshooting of Windows and Apple desktop software
• Support Blackberry’s and ActiveSync devices such as the Apple iPhone
• Support remote access for end users
• Provision, integrate, troubleshoot and maintain PC and Macintosh clients in an Active Directory environment
• Plans the installation, configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting telephones and printers as needed
• Documents and monitors and resolves incidents and completes work requests per Service Level Agreement (SLA) and departmental procedures
• Broad working knowledge of electronics, PC architecture, PC operating systems, Microsoft Office, Demonstrated advanced knowledge in at least one specialized area from the following list:
◦ Printer maintenance, configuration and troubleshooting
◦ PC maintenance and troubleshooting (Disk maintenance utilities, BIOS updates, etc.)
◦ Computer installations/upgrades (profile migration, RAM installation, hard drive replacements, PC setup, etc).
◦ LANDesk/ISS Remote Tools
◦ VPN Configuration and support
• Maintain professional customer service and support best practices
• Must be physically able to handle large packages (boxes containing computers or other IT equipment) weighing up to 50 pounds. Must be able to crawl, bend and stoop.

Requirements include:
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field preferred
• MVP, MCSE, CCNA certifications preferred
• Experience with helpdesk ticketing systems and best practices
• 2-3 years experience configuring and maintaining Windows and Macintosh computers in an Active Directory environment
• Basic understanding of local area networks and network protocols such as DNS, SMTP, TCP/IP, etc
• Basic understanding of web technologies such as HTTP, HTML, CSS, etc
• Experience performing basic system administration tasks in an Active Directory
• Experience supporting Exchange and associated client software ie Outlook, Entourage and/or experience supporting Lotus Notes

I get a referral bonus for any successful hires (and you get the advantage of adding my name to your application.)

Please feel free to e-mail me for link to online hire form and any additional, specific questions about the position. BilldotHeyn at Gmail.com

CriticalHit fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Nov 12, 2013

Man_of_Teflon
Aug 15, 2003

captainOrbital posted:

More Chicago Talk!

Job Opening

Looking for a any number of hourly people to do outbound calling (no sales, just quick questions to people who are already customers).

Experience: Dial a phone, speak English, use a computer mouse without falling out of your chair.

Pay & Hours: $11-13 an hour, the hours are from 8 to 8, Monday through Saturday. Obviously you would not be able to work the full schedule, but that's when the office is open and calls are being made, so you can essentially work when you want within those parameters.

Forwarded this to someone who is great for customer service stuff, but looking for seasonal/flexible scheduling... hopefully that's a good fit, based on what you posted. Thanks for the heads up!

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
Job Seeker

Beijing, China; Willing to consider relocating almost anywhere, but I'm particularly interested in: Alaska, Seattle area, anywhere in AZ that isn't Phoenix metro, Southern Nevada, Japan, China, and Korea.

Education:
BA - Japanese Studies, minor/emphasis in Business Administration, University of Alaska Fairbanks
AA - Korean Studies, Defense Language Institute Foreign Language Center
AAS - Communication Applications Technology, Community College of the Air Force
MA - Information Resources and Library Science, University of Arizona

Experience:
4 years in the Air Force including 2 doing extremely-specialized Korean-English real-time translation.
Library reference, instruction, and collection development; some youth services stuff and mending; staff training
Desktop computer support, some local network diagnosis; A+ certificate
2 years ESL teaching in China;
Some fairly basic web design stuff in school, as a hobby, and for the Arizona State Museum; raw HTML, Dreamweaver, NVU, and Wordpress.
Some proofreading and formatting work for a Korean publisher
Inspected fire alarms and ran cable as a summer job.

Looking For:
Full-time:
Systems, Reference and Instruction, or Youth Services librarian
IT Help Desk/Support or something involving deploying and fixing hardware on-site
Editing/translation/writing and the like

But I'm willing to consider anything that sounds interesting.

Availability: Technically immediate, but I'd have some loose ends to tie up.

Contact Info: PMs

xpander
Sep 2, 2004
Reposted from SH/SC:

Network/System Administrator
What we're looking for: Someone with intermediate-level Linux experience who jives with our corporate culture(laid-back, team-oriented, not a shut-in). Your role could expand in a number of ways, so it's only specific as to the skillsets that are an absolute must for our infrastructure. Note that you are likely doing desktop support too, though you will have at least one backup. We're small enough that lots of roles are shared this way. Hopefully we can get a junior in to cover that someday, but that won't be the case out of the gate. This means willingness to deal with some day-to-day Windows bullshit, even if you think it's beneath you.
What we're not looking for: Anyone on either end of the experience scale: someone too junior won't cut it, as then I'll have to do your job anyway(which I am already doing). Too senior, and I think you'll get bored - we're growing fast, but I suspect once you are able to document and streamline our operations jazz the heat will be way off. There's gonna be a lot of filler work when the actual systems needing administration don't any more - see above.
Location: Calgary, AB(this is not a telecommute - we have a VPN, but you need to be in Calgary for the day-to-day)
Approximate opening date: Yesterday
Benefits: Great group policy, generous profit share, excellent starting holiday time, generally flexible and awesome environment
Notes: I've been here for a little over two years, and think it's just peachy. We're a fun group and the politics are kept to a minimum.
Contact: username AT gmail DOT com for any questions, put the words Splice and SA in the subject for my lazy headline-reading eyes. PMs work as well. Here is the online posting: http://www.splicesoftware.com/home/?page_id=20

xpander fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Nov 15, 2013

Anthadd
May 11, 2005

Job Seeker

Location: State College, PA, but willing to relocate throughout the United States and Canada.

Education: BS from Pennsylvania State University in Biology. EMT-B under the Pennsylvania Department of Health, with HazMat Operations Training.

Experience: 3/4 of a year laboratory experience in ecology, including animal caretaking and monitoring, hazardous materials, invasive species, and field work. 1 3/4 years experience in food service and delivery, including low level management and 1 year retail. Volunteer work with local EMS as an EMT.

Looking For: Full-time (Permanent or Contract)

Contact Info: PM me!

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
If anyone's looking for a job in the wonderful world of closed captioning, take a look-see here. Positions in Minneapolis, Minnesota, and Burbank, California.

angel opportunity
Sep 7, 2004

Total Eclipse of the Heart
What does that kind of job pay?

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
Caption editors start at $12/h and the video describer is $13-$15/h. Not sure about the real-time coordinator position. Caption editors don't need a degree but something Englishy is preferred.

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine

Jedi Knight Luigi posted:

If anyone's looking for a job in the wonderful world of closed captioning, take a look-see here. Positions in Minneapolis, Minnesota, and Burbank, California.

Does your company ever work on standup comedy?

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
Yep, all the time. I once did the subtitles for a Mike Birbiglia special.

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine

Jedi Knight Luigi posted:

Yep, all the time. I once did the subtitles for a Mike Birbiglia special.

You have good taste in clients!

Do you hire transcribers for remote part-time work? Helping to make comedy available to deaf people would be a great side gig.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

Analytic Engine posted:

You have good taste in clients!

Do you hire transcribers for remote part-time work? Helping to make comedy available to deaf people would be a great side gig.

Sure do. Especially with fall TV coming up, we'll likely be hiring some more of those. If you want to learn more about that part of the industry, check out the Legitimate Online Moneymaking thread in BFC.

DixielandDelight
Jul 23, 2012
Job Seeker

Location: East Texas but I'm willing to move anywhere in the state(I've lived in San Marcos and DFW in the past few years as well)

Education: I'm currently a student in college but am struggling to come up with the funds

Experience: I've been working as a waiter and cook for the past 2 years.

Looking For: Something full time with a steady paycheck. I love working with my hands and would absolutely love a blue collar job where I could possibly make a career. I'm open to anything where advancement opportunities await. I'm contemplating getting a CDL this summer when I turn 21 - I'm considering other such training as well.

Availability: After the conclusion of this semester in December

Contact Info: atshubnell@gmail.com

DixielandDelight fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Nov 19, 2013

Coin
Jan 9, 2006

I'm no shitposter; I always know how I'm posting is wrong. I'm just a guy that doesn't like reading the thread, effortposting, and respecting the mods. So if you think about it, I'm the best poster here.
Job Seeker

Location: Iowa City, IA. Would be willing to relocate within Iowa/Illinois/Missouri, and would in all likelihood be willing to relocate to a medium/large city elsewhere.

Education: BA in English with a professional writing minor. MA in English literature. (GPA 3.7)

Experience: About four years teaching composition/literature/film, mostly as accelerated online classes. Two and a half years teaching conversational English in Japan. One year tutoring experience. Thirteen years hardware retail (Dad owned a store, and I started doing little things there as soon as I could make complete sentences.) Six years as a National Guardsman. One year English tutoring. Comfortable with eCollege and Blackboard, extremely proficient with APA format, competent with MLA format. High-level grammar/mechanics/spelling, good attention to detail, don't mind being picky.

Requirements: Full-time preferred, but I wouldn't mind keeping part of my current teaching load to take a part-time job.

When I can start: In a couple of weeks or less, depending on what my course schedule looks like.

What I'm Looking for: I'm tired of teaching writing full-time. I'd be interested in content production (any ACT or Pearson goons here?) ESL work, advising, hell, I'd work in a warehouse or drive a forklift. I just don't want to teach comp or literature anymore.

I'm decent at research and MLA citation format, and masterful with APA citation format. I'm used to producing detailed writing quickly and under pressure (from all those accelerated classes) and I have great time management. I would be happy to help you proofread, edit, or write, and I'd listen if you wanted to talk to me about another job.

Coin fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Jul 26, 2014

Knockknees
Dec 21, 2004

sprung out fully formed
Job Seeker

Location: Chicago, preferably in the city, but will consider suburbs.

Education: BA in Psychology and Sociology

Experience: Project Manager for a market research company for 6 years. Its a small business so I've had the opportunity to wear many many many hats. I obviously have insight into the market research chain, but I'm willing to consider any industry. I'm great at juggling multiple aspects of concurrent projects, dealing with clients and vendors, leading a team, and generally making sure that stuff that needs to be done gets done.

Looking For: Full-time

Availability: Immediate, with 2 weeks notice to current employer

Contact Info: PM

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
Internship Seeker

Location: Indianapolis, Indiana. Willing and able to relocate to anywhere in the United States.

Education: Currently in Junior year of college. Political Science and Philosophy major.

Experience: This last summer break I worked for a pharmaceutical company in California to translate and organize medical documents from Chinese to English. It was educational, though the field did not really apply to my major.

Looking for: Summer break internship. Both a full-time or part-time position is acceptable.

Availability: May 20th, 2014 - August 20th, 2014

Other information: Would like to find something related to local, state, or federal government, though definitely not necessary. Something related to my majors would be nice as well. Failing that, philanthropic work of some sort would also be nice. However, I am, as demonstrated by my experience last summer, quite flexible.

Contact via PMs, please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MidasAg
Oct 28, 2007
The Man of Silver
Internship/Job Seeker

Education: BS in Aviation and Business Management, Current MS/Management, MBA student

Experience: Part time Account/Client Manager for 6 months. Small construction/supply business, with a reality TV show, So I have been doing many things. Previous to this, I was a field rep for a temporary housing company, and a Store manager for a national chain before that. I have also worked for Midwest Airlines, Horizon Air, and more.

Looking For: Full-time, but flexible so I can finish my MBA (its evening and early evening classes; they start between 4 pm and 6 pm). Would love to find something business/aviation related.

Availability: Immediate, with 2 weeks notice to current employer

Contact Info: PM or post