Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Insanely Sikh
Aug 26, 2009

Winner, SA's Sikh Of the Year, 2013

PotM

BraveUlysses posted:

That car is definitely on bags and set low for the photo. It is/was owned by the same guy who owned "rusty slammington" aka the rusted out e28 535i

Didn't know it was the same guy, interesting. I think it burned down recently so is being rebuilt again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски

GentlemanofLeisure posted:

I like the before as well. This isn't half bad for a car that burned, though.

Anyone can say what they will but those one off custom gold deep dish plates are the poo poo.

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

Preoptopus posted:

Anyone can say what they will but those one off custom gold deep dish plates are the poo poo.

Its just a shame that the rest of the car looks like it was abandoned in a shopping mall for a decade or two.

c355n4
Jan 3, 2007

Since we're posting BMW E9s. Here is an unmolested example.

I really need to get a better photo of this car. He recently picked this thing up.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

West SAAB Story posted:

Its just a shame that the rest of the car looks like it was abandoned in a shopping mall for a decade or two.

The roof was chopped while it sat in a parking lot? The thing was totaled outside of the owners actions, he hosed around with it and that's what you see.

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

BraveUlysses posted:

The roof was chopped while it sat in a parking lot?

Yet more reason to have a Viper alarm.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
Need some meat today.

Sorry for lovely resolution.
Also this

Preoptopus fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Nov 1, 2013

Artemis J Brassnuts
Jan 2, 2009
I regret😢 to inform📢 I am the most sexually🍆 vanilla 🍦straight 📏 dude😰 on the planet🌎

DropShadow posted:

That photo is pre-incineration. It's being rebuilt again though.
It seems reckless to continually rebuild a car that Death wants so badly. Let Him have it, lest you be claimed with the car.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

"...and on the right is all the useless junk we took off the car to make room for the body kit and wheels..."

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Stolen from imgur.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

13 INCH DICK posted:

Stolen from imgur.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XjXh575WAE&feature=youtu.be&t=56s

stump
Jan 19, 2006

Preoptopus posted:

Need some meat today.

http://youtu.be/Sh_8zMVlNVM
/DRIVE episode about what I assume us that car. Worth a watch.

Tanz-Kommandant
Dec 25, 2009

Radio Message from HQ:
Dance Commander
:h:WE LOVE YOU:h:

Preoptopus posted:

Need some meat today.

Widebody Corvettes are good things;

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Tanz-Kommandant posted:

Widebody Corvettes are good things;

I've posted this before, but why not post it again?

That's an actual Greenwood Corvette street legal widebody conversion, originally intended for IMSA racing. Yes, it's a C2 Stingray that looks remarkably like a C3.

A segment from Victory by Design on one of the actual Greenwood racing Vettes

Seizure Meat fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Nov 2, 2013

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
:crossarms:

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Stolen from PYF:

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

mobby_6kl posted:

Stolen from PYF:

The smirk at the end kills me.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

Is that a red block in that thing? Please tell me that's a red block.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Cannonball Run record broken by a Mercedes-Benz CL55 AMG. 28 hours, 50 minutes. That is insane.

NoWake
Dec 28, 2008

College Slice

mobby_6kl posted:

Stolen from PYF:

Haha, that was me so many times until I bought new bulbs.

yyyyyy
Jan 13, 2013

by T. Finninho

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIogi_SbNxI

and do what the gently caress you been waitin'
to see and that's me rollin on three Daytons
wit one of them hoes in the air, just hangin up there
sittin fatter than a bitch and I don't care i'm just puffin on real here

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kgl_htrOtm0

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?

JackRabbitStorm posted:

So someone did a mock up of what a GT500 shooting brake would look like.

I... I kind of like it.

http://www.carthrottle.com/proof-that-a-mustang-gt500-shooting-brake-would-look-phenomenal/
Shooting brakes always look good to me.

I'd like to see a 944 with sloping back similar to the 928's.

Also Azev A's always look nice on 80's euro cars.

Falken fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Nov 2, 2013

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

YF19pilot posted:

Is that a red block in that thing? Please tell me that's a red block.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

mobby_6kl posted:

Stolen from PYF:

I did that with a headlight when I got pulled over for a fixit ticket/DUI pretext stop on i89 in Vermont once.

Cop said it was the fastest fixit he'd ever seen and told me to have a good night :v:

Bulb socket was full of corrosion and intermittent. I discovered that it would come back on if given a good solid punch when I took out my frustration on it after wasting my time buying a new bulb and installing it only to discover that it still didn't work.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

kastein posted:

I did that with a headlight when I got pulled over for a fixit ticket/DUI pretext stop on i89 in Vermont once.

Cop said it was the fastest fixit he'd ever seen and told me to have a good night :v:

Bulb socket was full of corrosion and intermittent. I discovered that it would come back on if given a good solid punch when I took out my frustration on it after wasting my time buying a new bulb and installing it only to discover that it still didn't work.

My Cherokee's dash would just die on me all the time and I found that one good solid smack would bring it back to life.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

Rhyno posted:

My Cherokee's dash would just die on me all the time and I found that one good solid smack would bring it back to life.

There was a TSB for that on the 97-01 models, the two connectors on the back of the instrument panel were known to have issues.

Percussive debugging is the best.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

kastein posted:

There was a TSB for that on the 97-01 models, the two connectors on the back of the instrument panel were known to have issues.

No poo poo? I had that fucker serviced at a Jeep dealer and they never told me they could fix it. Those fuckers.

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.

kastein posted:

I used to call it percussive maintenance when I drove a Jetta. Whatever it was, give the car a whack near the problem and viola...

DropShadow
Apr 15, 2003

In my first car, the entire dashboard would go dark, including the instrument panel, aircon, radio, etc. A good smack usually worked until one time when the bottom of the steering column fell off onto my legs, but at least that led to me finding the problem and fixing it once and for all.

Patrocclesiastes
Apr 30, 2009

I have bunch of photos from various rallies Ive been to, would you guys like those?

And some pictures from the 80s and 90s track racing.

Though most of these arent physically with me, Id have to go and scan them for you.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Using one of my summer wheels as a coffee table for the winter.

I'm obviously going to get a more appropriate piece of glass. It's being held off the floor by a 16" winter wheel from the subaru.

I'm awesome.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Rhyno posted:

No poo poo? I had that fucker serviced at a Jeep dealer and they never told me they could fix it. Those fuckers.

Well it's a TSB not a recall, so I'm pretty sure you would have had to pay, but yes. You could also buy/get the repair kit for free (I forget, it was just a pair of connector pigtails) and splice it in yourself.

anonumos posted:

I used to call it percussive maintenance when I drove a Jetta. Whatever it was, give the car a whack near the problem and viola...

Maintenance instead of debugging because it was a VAG product? :v:

punakone posted:

I have bunch of photos from various rallies Ive been to, would you guys like those?

And some pictures from the 80s and 90s track racing.

Though most of these arent physically with me, Id have to go and scan them for you.

oh HELL yes. :getin:

Some poo poo from my cellphone camera.

We play some fun games at work. Guy with the red car parked like that across someone's normal parking space to mess with them. So everyone else parked him in and someone put a fake parking ticket on his windshield :v:

People have funny ideas of what constitutes a plow truck in New Hampshire.
it's not attached to it, just parked there, kinda like that porsche plow photo.

Spotted street parked in Woburn MA. I think it's cool as poo poo because my dad had one just like it when I was a kid. Hell, it might be the same one for all I know, his blew out the rings and he sold it in the late 80s or early 90s, when we were still living in Woburn.

Spotted parked at a strip mall in Woburn while out for lunch with the crew. It was loving immaculate and I wished I had a better camera handy.

For sale at the Stafford Springs Swap Meet this fall. Just ratty enough to be cool as hell, not ratty enough to be a lovely deathtrap waste of good sheetmetal.

Spotted in the parking lot at the swap meet. I love a well built ZJ... what's this?

:getin:

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

Powershift posted:

Using one of my summer wheels as a coffee table for the winter.

I'm obviously going to get a more appropriate piece of glass. It's being held off the floor by a 16" winter wheel from the subaru.

I'm awesome.

Sure you don't want some rubber bits to keep that from sliding around? All I see is someone walking into that in the night and terrible things happening.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Rhyno posted:

My Miata's odometer backlight seems to be now operating on this principle and goes on/off as I drive around our lovely roads. I have to wonder though, how did the guy know that his rear blinker was in need of a fixin'?

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

mobby_6kl posted:

My Miata's odometer backlight seems to be now operating on this principle and goes on/off as I drive around our lovely roads. I have to wonder though, how did the guy know that his rear blinker was in need of a fixin'?

every one of my jap cars would start blinking fast if a bulb was burnt out- bet his was too

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Ferremit posted:

every one of my jap cars would start blinking fast if a bulb was burnt out- bet his was too

That's actually required (at least for all USDM vehicles) by FMVSS 108 (USC49 CFR571.108) / SAE J590b for exactly this reason.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

punakone posted:

would you guys like those?

Less talking, more posting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Fayez Butts posted:

Sure you don't want some rubber bits to keep that from sliding around? All I see is someone walking into that in the night and terrible things happening.

Zoom and enhance. The rubber bits are clear.