Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Crow Jane posted:

Last night the boyfriend and I hung out with some friends for a bit, and I heard one of the absolute worst things ever. A friend of their's had gone into the hospital to have an ovarian cyst removed. It was pretty big, so they had decided to just remove the while ovary. Couple nights later, the girl's home and wakes up screaming in the middle of the night. She went to the hospital, got a scan, and it turns out that THE DOCTORS HAD REMOVED THE WRONG OVARY. They removed the other one, and now she's 26, infertile, and will probably have health problems for the rest of her life. Good lord.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
:smith: i thouhgt thi s was suposed 2 b a hapey plaice ....

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
she can always adopt, selfish white woman

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

Suzuki Method posted:

holy poo poo can't you lawsuit for that?!?!??!?
From what they said, she's in the process of doing so. Money hardly makes up for it, though

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Judakel posted:

she can always adopt, selfish white woman

She's not white.

Suzuki Method
Mar 12, 2012

Crow Jane posted:

From what they said, she's in the process of doing so. Money hardly makes up for it, though

well of course not, but i'm a cynic so i thought for a moment they maybe could just get away with saying 'welp our bad'.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Crow Jane posted:

She's not white.

then it wasnt a "mistake" on the doctor's part

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

what are the health effects of having no ovaries, aside from infertility? like I know that losing your balls increases a dude's chance of getting certain cancers by a grillion percent

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Torka posted:

what are the health effects of having no ovaries, aside from infertility? like I know that losing your balls increases a dude's chance of getting certain cancers by a grillion percent

Hormonal imbalances and menopause way too early.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Torka posted:

They regulate your hormones so she's going to be taking hormone replacement the rest of her life to replace what she's missing. Also guys losing their balls gets cancer only matters if you're not taking hormones. Hormones are pretty much needed for basic functioning, one or the other.

Honestly isn't that kind of by definition malpractice? Removing the wrong important organ seems like it'd kinda be malpractice, its not a complication of a procedure.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Espy posted:

They regulate your hormones so she's going to be taking hormone replacement the rest of her life to replace what she's missing. Also guys losing their balls gets cancer only matters if you're not taking hormones. Hormones are pretty much needed for basic functioning, one or the other.

Honestly isn't that kind of by definition malpractice? Removing the wrong important organ seems like it'd kinda be malpractice, its not a complication of a procedure.

Also they should have been suspicious when they left one in there with a huge loving cyst in it.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Suzuki Method posted:

hi pick :3::respek::keke:

so the other day i finally found a good way to get rid of my chapped/scaly lips. my lips have always been really bad especially in my childhood and it makes no sense because i drink a lot of water during the day

basically you want to take a rough washcloth, wet it, and rub the fuckin SHHHIIIiIIIIIITTTTTT out of your lips until they're all raw and tingly, it'll hurt for a bit kinda but then it will feel like nothing. and in the morning your lips are completely not chapped anymore.

it's really great

Dr. Dan's Corti-Balm is my lip balm of choice. It was originally designed for cancer patients who are on the medications that reliably break your lips down to the flesh. It's not that expensive, either.

Don't use Chapstick or other conventional brands; they have ingredients that promote chapping such as phenol.

Women's Rights?
Nov 16, 2005

Ain't give a damn

Pick posted:

Also they should have been suspicious when they left one in there with a huge loving cyst in it.

Cmon man they're only doctors they can't think of everything

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW

Espy posted:

Yeah the woman is about to come into a lot of money. Not that it even matters anymore, god that is such a lovely thing to have happen.

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

OMGVBFLOL posted:

I wish I could sew my own suit, or even a sport coat, but that's basically a lifetime comitment to learning the craft. Much respect and jealousy to any woman who crafts her own clothes.

men's clothes are harder than women's, especially a suit (so. much. tailoring. :psyduck:), but if you're into it it's kind of a pleasure to make time for it and learn. i've been sewing for a decade, drafting for two years, and it'll take probably another decade for me to master couture techniques and be able to do good menswear and immaculate coats, but that's only like twenty years of hobbyism, so not a whole lifetime. a shitload of fashion designers couldn't make their own clothes; lagerfeld can't, valentino couldn't. coco chanel could, because she was fabulous as all women are. fashion design is the creative end and being a seamstress is far more technical. if you're into puzzles, making your own clothes is a lot like solving one. there's a lot of geometry and being able to follow visual clues in pattern-matching and stuff involved. i like it because concentrating on tasks i've done a million times before really calms me down and lets me veg out. and then you get this crazy thing that is just for you that no one's ever done before and you can take care of it and keep it forever. feels good man

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

Miltank posted:

Yeah the woman is about to come into a lot of money. Not that it even matters anymore, god that is such a lovely thing to have happen.

yeah, it's loving horrible. i'm sure that the surgeon, attending nurses, techs and other doctors involved feel like absolute poo poo too, but that's not going to undo what happened. i feel so bad for her and all the other women this has likely happened to, jesus christ :(

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Looking to get my wife a "just because" gift while at lunch today. She doesn't like flowers that much she sees them as a waste of money.

Any ideas ladies?

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

A sybian

Goobish
May 31, 2011

DrPlump posted:

Looking to get my wife a "just because" gift while at lunch today. She doesn't like flowers that much she sees them as a waste of money.

Any ideas ladies?

A kitten :3:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Goobish posted:

A kitten :3:

YES

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

DrPlump posted:

Any ideas ladies?

I dunno you're kinda supposed to know what your wife likes by this point

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
buy her a fur coat then immediately splash red paint on her and call her a murderer

neg her, is what i mean

Gyre
Feb 25, 2007

DrPlump posted:

Any ideas ladies?

Chocolate or a book you know she wants to read.

Fruity Gordo posted:

yeah, it's loving horrible. i'm sure that the surgeon, attending nurses, techs and other doctors involved feel like absolute poo poo too, but that's not going to undo what happened. i feel so bad for her and all the other women this has likely happened to, jesus christ :(

Seriously, this is why all hospitals need to put in comprehensive safety check measures. Confirm a billion times which ovary you're taking out, mark the side it's on, whatever. The last surgery I had I felt really secure because they asked me a few times which procedure I was getting, so I was certain that everything was alright.

Women's Rights?
Nov 16, 2005

Ain't give a damn

DrPlump posted:

Any ideas ladies?

Candy!

or a kitten

I'm with your wife, I don't care for flowers either because the loving things are just gonna die almost immediately. but you can never go wrong with candy.

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I already got her a sybian and 2 kittens. Leaning towards candy at this point.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
reciprocating saw

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012

DrPlump posted:

congrats dude, you are a Good Husband

Get her some candy then :)

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
oooh actually go to a garden center and buy her an african violet plant. they survive really well inside near a window and if you take care of it you'll have lovely purple flowers all year round

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Women's Rights? posted:

Candy!

or a kitten

I'm with your wife, I don't care for flowers either because the loving things are just gonna die almost immediately. but you can never go wrong with candy.

An ex of mine pressed and preserved flowers, which was really cool

Women's Rights?
Nov 16, 2005

Ain't give a damn

DrPlump posted:

alternately if you have kids your present to her can be some awesome scented bath stuff, then taking the kids to go to a movie or arcade or park or whatever and telling her that her job tonight is to do 100% fuckall for the next 2-3 hous

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Women's Rights? posted:

alternately if you have kids your present to her can be some awesome scented bath stuff, then taking the kids to go to a movie or arcade or park or whatever and telling her that her job tonight is to do 100% fuckall for the next 2-3 hous

this this this this this this this this

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Women's Rights? posted:

This is a good one, exchange awesome scented bath stuff with anything she enjoys to do privately if baths aren't her thing (but baths own)

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Espy posted:

This is a good one, exchange awesome scented bath stuff with anything she enjoys to do privately if baths aren't her thing (but baths own)

But he already got her a Sybian???

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Update: Went with chocolate (intense dark w/ sea salts)

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
dark chocolate only chocolate

85%+ required

Women's Rights?
Nov 16, 2005

Ain't give a damn

DrPlump posted:

Update: Went with chocolate (intense dark w/ sea salts)

You made the right call dude, good job

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Real talk if I was given chocolates I'd appreciate the gift but never eat them because I rarely eat sweets, I am a broken woman

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp
Hello ladies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Espy posted:

Real talk if I was given chocolates I'd appreciate the gift but never eat them because I rarely eat sweets, I am a broken woman

Was worried thinking this exact same thing. Hoping she will feel less guilty indulging because it is a gift.

• Locked thread