Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Forgall posted:

Gotta love how anti-environmentalism is now a pillar of American Christianity. Let's just poo poo all over God's creation, why not.

God put oil on this earth for people to extract.

God also made man with skin on his penis but cut that poo poo off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
I've never enjoyed a derail so much.

The Grigori are weirdly underrepresented in pop culture in general, both as villainous monsters and as tragic misunderstood heroes. You'd think the Twilight crowd would be all over that poo poo.

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck

Friends Are Evil posted:

The Void of Punishment sounds so :black101:.

As for Noah, the trailer looks kinda dull. But everything else I've been hearing about the movie makes it sound like the craziest thing ever.

I have to imagine that they want to pull SOME Christians in. At least on Friday and Saturday before they go to church on Sunday and exclaim to each other, "Did that REALLY happen?" *flips through Bible*

I almost feel bad for all the pastors that are gonna have to explain the Book of Enoch.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

Darthemed posted:

No no, it's 7 Adventures the of Sinbad!

No, look, the title makes total sense, guys.

It's Adventures: The 7 of Sinbad :smuggo:

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Friends Are Evil posted:

The Void of Punishment sounds so :black101:.

As for Noah, the trailer looks kinda dull. But everything else I've been hearing about the movie makes it sound like the craziest thing ever.

I don't know if it makes it more or less metal to you but the place itself is basically God's personal blackhole where God casts sinners to rend their bodies apart, prevent any light from ever entering or escaping, and leaves their immortal souls in agony for eternity. Blackholes are Angel Prisons.

The actual name for the place is Dudael; God's Crucible.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

Forgall posted:

Gotta love how anti-environmentalism is now a pillar of American Christianity. Let's just poo poo all over God's creation, why not.

Real paradise waits for us in heaven, so trying to sustain the environment is just heathens trying to defy God by making heaven on earth.

Nybble posted:

I have to imagine that they want to pull SOME Christians in. At least on Friday and Saturday before they go to church on Sunday and exclaim to each other, "Did that REALLY happen?" *flips through Bible*

I almost feel bad for all the pastors that are gonna have to explain the Book of Enoch.

They won't have to because the Book of Enoch isn't in most Christian bibles. Wikipedia says it's "now regarded as scripture by only the Ethiopian Orthodox Church and the Eritrean Orthodox Church."

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Erebus posted:

They won't have to because the Book of Enoch isn't in most Christian bibles. Wikipedia says it's "now regarded as scripture by only the Ethiopian Orthodox Church and the Eritrean Orthodox Church."

Sadly most of the really cool books of the bible got pushed out into the pseudographia. Jubilees for example has a much better reason for why evil and suffering exists in God's world but instead we're stuck with the lovely lovely Book of Job as the mainstream response.

Avshalom posted:

I've never enjoyed a derail so much.

The Grigori are weirdly underrepresented in pop culture in general, both as villainous monsters and as tragic misunderstood heroes. You'd think the Twilight crowd would be all over that poo poo.

They've started cropping up in videogames lately so I can't imagine they won't make the transition to other media soon.

Besides, who wouldn't swoon over a love triangle between the guy who can teach you about make-up and jewelry or the guy who is master of the phases of the moon?

Barudak fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Nov 14, 2013

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW
Reading that screenwriter's review of the script, I find it funny how angry he gets about how humans defying God through compassion for humanity. That's his biggest gripe from what I've found. He says a lot on the environmental aspect but you could really read the :argh: about that point. "You made man more compassionate than OT God! You son of a bitch."

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Shut the gently caress up about Noah.

Mexican poster for Wolf of Wall Street

I quite like this.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

Vagabundo posted:

Shut the gently caress up about Noah.

Seriously. Let's instead talk about this new film hitting the indie circuit about a poor sailor who can't sit down.

It's the Latvian poster, according to the funny pictures thread.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Calico Heart posted:

No, look, the title makes total sense, guys.

It's Adventures: The 7 of Sinbad :smuggo:

See, this guy? He gets it.

Doctor Bishop
Oct 22, 2013

To understand what happened at the diner, we use Mr. Papaya. This is upsetting because he is the friendliest of fruits.
Edit: never mind, wrong thread

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
Only tangentially related to movie posters, but it looks like someone's finally perfected the experience of wearing a terrible Mondo poster:

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

HorseRenoir posted:

Only tangentially related to movie posters, but it looks like someone's finally perfected the experience of wearing a terrible Mondo poster:

I literally got a bit nauseous looking at this.

BOAT SHOWBOAT
Oct 11, 2007

who do you carry the torch for, my young man?
I can't look at that picture without envisioning the hipster slug who would wear it.

Barometer
Sep 23, 2007

You travelled a long way for
"I don't know", sonny.
:whip: :cthulhu: :shivdurf:

Um...why?

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

If it stays true to the cartoon and just has Mila Kunis transforming into all kinds of badass creatures while Ashton Kutcher turns into a useless loving bucket of water then this is gonna own.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

This isn't real. I'd have heard something about this if it was real.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?

Barudak posted:

Sadly most of the really cool books of the bible got pushed out into the pseudographia. Jubilees for example has a much better reason for why evil and suffering exists in God's world but instead we're stuck with the lovely lovely Book of Job as the mainstream response.

I'm legit curious, what does Jubilees say about evil and suffering?

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

HorseRenoir posted:

I hope the sole income gained from this shirt is from people buying what they think is cool as their grandchildren's Christmas present.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Mila Kunis and Ashton Kutcher can literally never be in anything together ever again because I'm just gonna think of Jackie and Kelso and laugh my rear end off.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

TheJoker138 posted:

This isn't real. I'd have heard something about this if it was real.

It's definitely not a real film, but those are posters being sent out by a studio. The current theory is that it's viral marketing for the Entourage movie.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Waffleman_ posted:

Mila Kunis and Ashton Kutcher can literally never be in anything together ever again because I'm just gonna think of Jackie and Kelso and laugh my rear end off.

Kurtwood Smith better play Lex Luthor in this.

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?

feedmyleg posted:

Entourage movie.

Honestly a Wonder Twins movie sounds far more interesting than an Entourage movie does...

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Cpt. Spring Types posted:

Honestly a Wonder Twins movie sounds far more interesting than an Entourage movie does...

You'd probably rather watch this, too

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

zenintrude posted:

I'm pretty sure I'd rather watch that as it'd almost certainly be amazing.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

axleblaze posted:

I'm pretty sure I'd rather watch that as it'd almost certainly be amazing.

Supporting cast James Woods and Mandy loving Moore.

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?

zenintrude posted:

Haha, probably. Entourage loving sucks.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Baron von Eevl posted:

Supporting cast James Woods and Mandy loving Moore.

For real I think James Woods would make a great Doctor Strange

e: this isn't the BSS movie thread

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...
A tongue-in-cheek Wonder Twins movie sounds kind of amazing.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
They're making an Ant-Man film so you'll probably get one soon enough. Ant-Man! I know about Edgar Wright's involvement, still, Ant-Man!

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011

Mr. Squishy posted:

They're making an Ant-Man film so you'll probably get one soon enough. Ant-Man! I know about Edgar Wright's involvement, still, Ant-Man!

To be fair, Hank Pym is sort of a common recurring character in Avengers stuff.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Sockser posted:

For real I think James Woods would make a great Doctor Strange

e: this isn't the BSS movie thread

Matthew McConaughey would be better.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

zenintrude posted:

The music would be by James Horner :colbert:

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Ironically, a documentary. So THAT'S what he was doing in that submarine...

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.

Great movie, and very appropriate re-release poster. The original poster is pretty baller though:

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Ms. 45 is one of my favorite movie titles ever and that re-release poster kicks rear end.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
Don't forget this one.

penismightier
Dec 6, 2005

What the hell, I'll just eat some trash.

I'm loving the new style on the Drafthouse posters, I hope the cartoons are on their way out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

This rules. I really need to rewatch that movie.