Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I guess its possible Grey Widow is his only 3-star. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Eddain posted:

I tried using my 3* team of Grey Widow, Iron Man M40, and Doom. Every match takes loving forever and really not worth it.
My only 3 stars are Grey Widow, IM40 and a 1-cover Ragnarok. My Iron Man is level 50 4/1/2 though, so he easily carried me to the 275 prize simply because almost every fight was against people with unlevelled 3-stars that did dick-all damage until I accrued 20 blues at which point he did 950+ damage to every single enemy, invariably finishing the fight.

I would like to stop receiving Thors and Dakens though.

WetSpink
Jun 13, 2010
Juggevent is so wild and random in both directions. My repeatable of choice is Digging Deeper with the provided 29 Hawkeye and my 77 Thor and 80 Cstorm. I can go back to back rounds where I need to heal one or both of Thor/Storm or I can say to myself "Okay, I'll go to sleep after I exhaust my last 2 health packs" and go 10 in a row without needing to heal.

Got a 500 point lead at the moment but feel like that's probably not enough to last me overnight. Maybe it's enough to stop other people from getting too much of a lead on me, though.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

It's easier to do Imposter. Digging deeper has a scary ragnarok that can ruin my day.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Instead of going nuts over Widow, I got some sleep. I feel secure in my judgement.

Heroic Mode goes 9109 - 8982 - 5754 - 5651 (me), 10th place is 4119, so I think top 15 is pretty secure from both directions. Three-Star I can at least noodle around in (IM40 39 - Doom 55 - Spidey 43 - Widow 30 - Magneto 28 - Hood 20 - Loki 18), but I have no chance when the big boys come to the playground. Now more than ever I'm tempted to drop 1250 on a level of Spidey Blue.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Ugh.. I've got nobody worthwhile to use in this tournament. I did just get a gray-suit Black Widow with a standard recruitment token, so that's pretty awesome! Just don't know that I want to waste crystals levelling up one-skill 3 stars just to fight in this.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
So who are characters you should sell cause they're useless? Hawkeye and Bag-Spidey?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

triplexpac posted:

So who are characters you should sell cause they're useless? Hawkeye and Bag-Spidey?

I always sell Bag-Man. I don't hate Hawkeye, but he was much more useful early on than he is now. I just wish they'd quit flooding me with his cards. Who the gently caress still needs Hawkeyes and Modern Black Widows if you're in the top 200 in some of these tournaments?

bubbapook
Jan 14, 2008

man this new tournament is a real motherfucker when all you've got is single cover Hood, Doom and Loki :suicide:

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.

SynthOrange posted:

Sign up to the facebook list, add everyone (slowly, dont want to trigger the bot script on FB). Grinding out rewards on easy events, grinding out easy fights on Shield training.

Ok, made a fake facebook account and added everyone I could on the sheet. Triggered the bot script anyway. :downs:

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

R42 is live. I'm digging the UI changes. The character screen stuff might be hard to read on a small screen though.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
I'm not seeing it yet on iOS.

Russad
Feb 19, 2011

delfin posted:

I'm not seeing it yet on iOS.

I see it in the App Store now, I assume they're rolling it out.

EDIT: The new UI is going to take me a little time to get used to, but I think I like it.

Russad fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Nov 18, 2013

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Wow. Top two in my Juggernaut bracket are over 10k. My 5412 is good enough for 4th place with a bunch of people catching up. Dropped to 8th overnight.

Russad
Feb 19, 2011

BGrifter posted:

Wow. Top two in my Juggernaut bracket are over 10k. My 5412 is good enough for 4th place with a bunch of people catching up. Dropped to 8th overnight.

I was sitting pretty at 3rd for most of the weekend and devoted most of my energy to maintaining 1st for the Widow tourney, but now I'm sitting perilously close to the 15th place cutoff in my bracket (I'm at 12 with about 4200 points - clawed my way up from 17 when I woke up this morning). I'm concerned that enough people are going to be ambitious enough to push me past the 15th place cutoff, and I want those covers, dammit! The leader of my bracket has 8900 loving points, and that's up about 1K from this morning.

Has a boosted character always had boosted health, too? I just used IM40 in the Juggernaut tourney and he had a ridiculous amount of hitpoints (more than his 3470).

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006
Canadian Santa Extraordinaire
Whoops! Looks like they've accidentally blocked Black Widow Modern for the Juggernaut event.
Kind of rude considering today is the last day.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
New update looks great. I didn't like them upping the price of cover slots but it makes a lot more sense with the new drop system

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

Was Iron Man always boosted for the heroic Juggernaut event? I don't remember it happening before and it really makes a big difference.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Got the update. The combat UI is... okay, I guess... but I wish they'd provide the old one as an Options toggle as I think I liked it a lot better. It was clean and visually effective and I feel like they cluttered this up for no good reason.

Haha, gently caress you I just sent 25 of you Hawkeye Classics.

Fellis posted:

New update looks great. I didn't like them upping the price of cover slots but it makes a lot more sense with the new drop system

What are you seeing in covers that's different? I just ran a different Heroic mission to get a Hawkeye to drop, and apart from being able to sell him on the first screen instead of clicking the arrow twice it seemed similar.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

The only problem I'm having is knowing when skills are ready. Wish you could still have the gems flashing when stuff was ready as well.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

As long as they're doing the new UI, I think it would be helpful to see the enemy's ability bars as well, so you can know if you need to play keep away with one specific color without having to pull over the little bar.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Erebus posted:

Was Iron Man always boosted for the heroic Juggernaut event? I don't remember it happening before and it really makes a big difference.
Yeah, he was.

e: Model 40 was, not the Model 35.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Ghostlight posted:

Yeah, he was.

e: Model 40 was, not the Model 35.

Well regular Model 35 is boosted now, and he's making it a lot easier to repeatedly murder Juggernaut.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
A pair of late-coming patch notes:

- Stunned characters will no longer have their Countdown tiles decrease while stunned. S.H.I.E.L.D. still mystified as to how H.A.M.M.E.R. Snipers managed to line up shots with active concussions.
- New Iso-8 breakthrough has allowed characters buffed by Events to also increase their Health by the buff amount.

The former makes sense and is a very welcome buff to stunners against HAMMER and the Maggia.

The latter... welp. Ragnarok now owns Lightning Rounds even more than before.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

McDragon posted:

The only problem I'm having is knowing when skills are ready. Wish you could still have the gems flashing when stuff was ready as well.

Totally agree. Kind of a bummer, but I really do like the tiny status bars. Bet it will look even better on my tablet.

Happy Bear Suit
Jul 21, 2004

new UI takes a getting little used to but I think its slick as hell. I like it. and the new cache system.

would be nice to toggle the AP bars instead of sliding all the time. And it would be nice for the devs to just simultaneously list the 4 prizes instead of waiting for the slideshow and slowly watching to see if theres any hero token or hero point drop I missed.

loving the Iron Man buff. much easier to kill juggs. Just did that mission, got the 3 hawkeyes and send +25 to you all. I get a hawkeye, you get a hawkeye, EVERYONE GETS HAWKEYES!

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

delfin posted:

Yeah, but it also seems like a necessary compensation now that they've fixed the tile bug so characters are getting the tiles they do the most damage for again. A boosted character is going to be out front pretty much all the time, so it's good they can take more punishment.

Black Bo[X]
Feb 18, 2001

McDragon posted:

The gem flashing was annoying when you were waiting for a higher cost skill and had to keep checking. I'm liking the new at-a-glance system, if they could add it for your opponenets without turning it into a mess I'd be totally satisfied.

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

delfin posted:

A pair of late-coming patch notes:

- Stunned characters will no longer have their Countdown tiles decrease while stunned. S.H.I.E.L.D. still mystified as to how H.A.M.M.E.R. Snipers managed to line up shots with active concussions.
- New Iso-8 breakthrough has allowed characters buffed by Events to also increase their Health by the buff amount.

The former makes sense and is a very welcome buff to stunners against HAMMER and the Maggia.

I would hope that this would mean the end of 200% buffs in PVP. Triple hitpoints for any leveled character would be painful, and buffed Ragnarok with 21k hitpoints can go gently caress himself. However, this has a (probably intended) side benefit of making CStorm passive exploitation a little harder by virtue of buffing the HP's of the forced/buffed characters.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
It's fun to be in the Overachievers' Bracket.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Yeaaaah, I guess I should be thankful my bracket's top is only 4000-ish. :stonk:

WetSpink
Jun 13, 2010
Seems like they reduced the timer to regen from dead to alive, just lost a guy a few min ago and it's only a 2m58s wait left til the guy's alive again.

Is there some more intuitive way to use the new UI to activate abilities? I press the button beside the dude and then press and hold the ability for a second and release.

IM35 buff in Juggevent is a double edged sword for me, it seems like they might have fixed the buffed characters tile bonus not letting them tank damage thing since my IM35 tanks everything but green (which CStorm does) now, so I can't trigger Raging Tempest.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Is it just my imagination, or does the new Original Widow really suck? I was thinking I'd just sell her cover, but I guess if they're planning to introduce a new ability for her I should at least wait for that and see what it is...

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

WetSpink posted:

Is there some more intuitive way to use the new UI to activate abilities? I press the button beside the dude and then press and hold the ability for a second and release.

I don't think there are any press and hold commands in this game. You just tap their icon and then tap the color of the power.

Kravdraa
Jun 10, 2002

Well, on balance the new interface seems nice. I was worried at first that it seemed to slow the game down on my older device, but have gotten used to it. Firing off powers seems slightly quicker now.

Just got my 1750 point IM40 reward, wondering if it's worth grinding any further since the flow of good mission rewards (like hero points) seems to have dried up.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Man. Last night nearly crushed my interest in this game. Nearly.

At 15 minutes left in the tourney I had just finished up a match that had taken a bit too long. I pop out and I lost ~180 points from attacks, dropping me from 2nd in my bracket to 13th.

I thought I'd burn through some boosts to get some retaliations on people who I assumed to be at my level or a little above and probably in the same point range so that I could try and get back up, but not one single retaliation match showed up. I dropped some coins in the two star slot machine hoping it would "sync" me up or whatever and that didn't work, I force closed and restarted the app and that didn't work either. I cycled through a bunch of single digit fights and managed to grab a couple of ~20 point matches and only managed to get to 12th place.

It's a good thing that I didn't really have a lot of desire for the new Black Widow. Also a good thing that the cover I got from the slot machine was Spider-Man blue :getin:. Using him in the three star tournament and his power is loving hilarious once you get them down to one person. My Iron Man 40 has the yellow ability up to level 2 so it produces blue as well. Pop Spider-Man's stun and a recharge on the same turn and enjoy your six turn stun (assuming you can get at least one blue match).

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006
Canadian Santa Extraordinaire
Gah, this accidental Black Widow ban is really frustrating me, I've dropped from position 238 to 401 and I can't use a full set of three semi-powerful champions as a result.

So long, Thor covers :(

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

:argh: I can't even stay in the top 100 anymore. I have 1890 points drat it, everyone else stop grinding I have poo poo to do.

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

Just added myself to the Facebook pages for free points.

Question on the Juggernaut tournament: I'm locked out of the second mission (The Juggernaut), which has a red checkmark on the city screen and a lock and red "Mission Completed" where "Replay Mission" would normally be. What gives? I only collected 1/4 rewards; I have 4/4 on the first mission and it will still let me replay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

I'm just going to let the Heroic Mode finish up now without stressing about placement. Got up to 3000 for the prizes, anyone who wants to get more than that can go ahead. It's nice that they can go and grind themselves silly without having to stomp on my head to do it.

3 Star I'm pretty much going to have to ignore. Can't beat anyone really. Might have to have a break from the game this week unless they spring another event on us.

Getting more used to the new UI now. It's pretty nice. Just have to remember to look at the doodads on the top of he screen every so often.