Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.

beanieson posted:

Harmon talked a bunch of poo poo about NBC & they brought him back anyway.
Oh, it wasn't just NBC. He ratcheted up to John Kricfalusi levels and talked poo poo about everyone involved with the show, then feebly apologized when he realized that he'd have to work with them again. Also he self-diagnosed himself with Asperger's because he identified with a fictional character he wrote who may or may not have Asperger's.

ShufflerZero posted:

Return to Horror High

So there's another VHS cover that has a skeleton cheerleader on it? I can't find the other one, but it has the immortal tagline of "Gimme a D! Gimme an I! Gimmee an E!" or something similar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Robert Denby posted:

Also he self-diagnosed himself with Asperger's because he identified with a fictional character he wrote who may or may not have Asperger's.

When was this, because I've always found it amusing when people self-diagnose Asperger's, especially now when it's no longer a valid diagnosis and is placed under the umbrella of high-functioning autism.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
In fairness to Harmon, he found out he wasn't going to be the show runner on season 4 from the same press release everyone else did. You can forgive a little poo poo talking after that.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Dan Harmon the Person is an active deterrent to Dan Harmon the Showrunner, and it's fascinating to watch him try to justify the way he continues to act after losing multiple jobs in Hollywood for being drat near impossible to work with.

ShufflerZero
Mar 21, 2009

Robert Denby posted:

So there's another VHS cover that has a skeleton cheerleader on it? I can't find the other one, but it has the immortal tagline of "Gimme a D! Gimme an I! Gimmee an E!" or something similar.

Is it this one? (Thumbnailed for huge)
Cheerleader camp

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Haha, that skullface is winking. Someone thought that was a good idea.

Then again, it sounds like a horror-comedy.

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

ShufflerZero posted:

Cheerleader camp

There is that poster from Technicolor Dreaming but Cardiknox.

All along I thought it was an eye-patch or something.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
Wanna see every single motion picture posted in the last two pages.

eminkey2003
Oct 11, 2009
Saw this hecka cool poster on Hulu:

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

eminkey2003 posted:

Saw this hecka cool poster on Hulu:

You can go with either that amazing Jack Davis poster or...

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
What would possibly possess me to ring the bell for doom service?

e: the devil

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Dissapointed Owl posted:

e: the devil

Well if I had to go I wouldn't mind Christopher Lee's voice be the last thing I ever heard.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Dissapointed Owl posted:

If I saw a bell in a hotel labelled 'Doom Service' I'm not sure I could stop myself.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

It's what you get if you go to hotels in Latveria :doom:

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

ShufflerZero posted:

Return to Horror High

ShufflerZero posted:

Is it this one? (Thumbnailed for huge)
Cheerleader camp

You know, I just watched Cheerleader Camp and it kind of sucked. I mean, I expected it to, but it had slivers of potential that never went anywhere.

Anyway, Return To Horror High has George Clooney being murdered, so I assume it's the better film.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URH6z7FLjgE

Friends Are Evil
Oct 25, 2010

cats cats cats

Netflix suggested this to me.

A Talking Bug!?!

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Is that the one where Michael Shannon goes nuts?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

mobby_6kl posted:

Is that the one where Michael Shannon goes nuts?

When doesn't he?

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
So I really want to buy that Catching Fire IMAX poster. I haven't ever bought movie posters before, what is a good place for me to look?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

couldcareless posted:

So I really want to buy that Catching Fire IMAX poster. I haven't ever bought movie posters before, what is a good place for me to look?

Allposters or Ebay.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

ShufflerZero posted:

Zombie High

ahh, the good old days when zombies were just guys with blue skin

Does anyone else see Peter Serafinowicz here?

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

pyrrho posted:

Does anyone else see Peter Serafinowicz here?

"Thanks, Zombies. Thombies."

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

:nws: http://i.imgur.com/fephXYt.jpg :nws:

:stare: That tagline...

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Some blasphemous and :nws: posters:
http://i.imgur.com/lZrURub.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/x7bdKC4.jpg

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

couldcareless posted:

https://www.moviepostershop.com

Free Drinks
Dec 16, 2006

Oh, my God; I care so little, I almost passed out.

ShufflerZero posted:

Return to Horror High

ShufflerZero posted:

Cheerleader camp

You're forgetting the best of all, though more so for the movie its self rather than the poster.

Good ol' Slaughter High

I credit this review and film with convincing me to join the forums. God drat, is it a stupid movie.

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

New poster. Ashley Tisdale dropped out, which is strange, because what could be more important than playing Nicholas Cage's daughter?

Edit, IMDB lists Lea Thompson as Nic's wife, which seems a bit much for a character who gets raptured at the beginning.

William Bear fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Nov 26, 2013

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

I'm not sure which looks worse, Nic Cage in this poster or the poster itself.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

That is stunningly poor.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

William Bear posted:

New poster. Ashley Tisdale dropped out, which is strange, because what could be more important than playing Nicholas Cage's daughter?

Edit, IMDB lists Lea Thompson as Nic's wife, which seems a bit much for a character who gets raptured at the beginning.

Is that really an official poster? It looks TERRIBLE.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

William Bear posted:

That is stunningly bad. It looks like they pulled out random stills of the actor and jammed them into that poster. No-one is that poster is where they are are supposed to be.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

William Bear posted:

Yeah, it's on their official site. Also on that site is the news that Cage's son is being played by a kid named Major Dodson, which is up there on the list of great gimmick names to give your children.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Erebus posted:

Yeah, it's on their official site. Also on that site is the news that Cage's son is being played by a kid named Major Dodson, which is up there on the list of great gimmick names to give your children.

They sure are talking up a character who is most likely going to be in the movie less than 10 minutes considering in the books he never actually appears "on screen" since the first book opens directly at the Rapture.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Erebus posted:

Nobody cares about Dodson.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

I'd miss the Rapture for Nicky Whelan :quagmire: (despite what appears to be a velvet stewardess uniform)

Madkal posted:

No-one is that poster is where they are are supposed to be.

I know. All the actors are under their own names.

Hewlett
Mar 4, 2005

"DANCE! DANCE! DANCE!"

Also, drink
and watch movies.
That's fun too.

Erebus posted:

That kid is a major loving Dodson.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

I'm gonna hold out hope that this will actually be Ghost Rider 3.

Doctor Bishop
Oct 22, 2013

To understand what happened at the diner, we use Mr. Papaya. This is upsetting because he is the friendliest of fruits.

My first thought upon seeing this was that I'd opened a photoshop thread without realizing it. If that was actually the case, it'd be pretty straight-up funny. As it is, though, it's just unintentionally funny.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

William Bear posted:

my first thought was this is a movie about people coping with the guilt of missing their plane on 9/11

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I am sure that is just for the website and they got some lovely dev to make it.