Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Three repeatables in the Hunt: Alaska scenario.

1: Yelena 55, Soldier 55, Lieutenant 55.

2: Daken 97, Pyro 162, Lieutenant 100.

3: Yelena 230, Daken 230, Venom 230. (With Invisible Woman forced onto your team.)

:stonk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

delfin posted:

Three repeatables in the Hunt: Alaska scenario.

1: Yelena 55, Soldier 55, Lieutenant 55.

2: Daken 97, Pyro 162, Lieutenant 100.

3: Yelena 230, Daken 230, Venom 230.

:stonk:

That number 2 is actually not that bad. And nobody is doing 3, basically. I just wish I had an IM40 to clean up number 1 a bunch

Russad
Feb 19, 2011
Are the repeatables similar to the last event, where the values diminished as you repeated them, and then "recharged" after a while?

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Any details on Punisher yet? I hope his skills are all just increasingly big guns. :allears:

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
I almost beat the last one with Magneto - Spidey - IW, but I got careless and let a Devour through that snuffed Spidey and the rest followed from there.

Apparently that last one forces you to OWN an IW or you can't play it -- it doesn't give you one for free. That's rather mean.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Also, hooray for the return of Buff Thor!

e: and I'm glad I decided IM40 should be my next target for levelling up.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

McDragon posted:

Any details on Punisher yet? I hope his skills are all just increasingly big guns. :allears:

They're all 3-match skills (8 AP to start). His Black tosses a Molotov that creates attack tiles, his Green creates strike tiles, and his Red either deals damage or outright kills an enemy with less than 20% of their health

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Oh, that sounds pretty great actually.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

I'm pretty sure they're all gun/weapon related, too.

He seems like a nice mix of Doom and Wolverine, with an instant-kill option on high HP enemies. I wish I knew all five levels of each, if his red can kill at even higher percentages of health then it might just make Ragnarok a little easier

Deep Winter
Mar 26, 2010
" I think I'm most excited by the moonstone change since now you have to stun CStorm to get away squeaky clean. Her previous board churn was just a weird/baby version of Loki's recently updated purple power. Now at least you can drop a special between two like colored tiles"

But it's random what Color it is. Either you get lucky, or you just move a special tile around the board a bit. But now that I think about it, it is rare when you have mode than one color special tile.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Ha, Daken hides in a closet after his first beating.

Also, turns out that the big Winter power is just blue Forest Fire. First match was lucky and charged it up enough for one, then it one-shotted the entire enemy team. Sure, they only had like 3000 health between them, but still.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Let me tell you of the world I used to know

delfin posted:

Apparently that last one forces you to OWN an IW or you can't play it -- it doesn't give you one for free. That's rather mean.

I can confirm this. It's a new low.

seravid fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Dec 5, 2013

Chuds McGreedy
Aug 26, 2007

Jumanji
Oh drat, you're right. I must have glossed over the part where it says it's random, that's too bad, it seemed pretty cool when I was under the wrong impression. Any time the AI gets control over anything, it goes full on retarded. Banking on it giving you the right color would be trusting it a little too much. But like you said, most fights you're looking at one particular color anyway so it could be situational.

Any word on how often the new missions are going to come out for this new event? I'm resisting the urge to check out new content to try and slide into one of those mythical slacker brackets but don't want to miss out on missions. Punisher's powers seem pretty awesome and refreshingly low cost compared to some other 3*'s (IM40, maxed out Grey Widow). I don't know how new a thing this is, but if you're wondering what they look like you can look at the event reward list and click on one of the punisher covers to get character details.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

seravid posted:

Wow that is hosed up.

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

It looks like the three repeatables require that you have IM40, Grey Widow, and IW respectively or you can't play them.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Bandire posted:

It looks like the three repeatables require that you have IM40, Grey Widow, and IW respectively or you can't play them.

Hahaha woooow. gently caress you new/casual players. You can't place and get 3* characters. And then you can't place in other events that requires those 3*. You are hosed forever.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Shwqa posted:

Hahaha woooow. gently caress you new/casual players. You can't place and get 3* characters. And then you can't place in other events that requires those 3*. You are hosed forever.

Reminder that the IW match is a 230/230/230 Venom/Daken/Yelena, forcing you to use a character that you either only have three covers for max OR you need to dump in money to upgrade her.

She is a four star.

That is a lot of cash.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

I like how I'm 187th place after completing all the non-rerunable missions in the punisher event. What could I have possible done different?

I kinda want to get a good rank because the punisher looks like he could replace my wolverine (and also I like the punisher better)

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

DrManiac posted:

I like how I'm 187th place after completing all the non-rerunable missions in the punisher event. What could I have possible done different?

I kinda want to get a good rank because the punisher looks like he could replace my wolverine (and also I like the punisher better)

Waited till the last 6hrs of the event to get into the slackerest slacker bracket. That's what I'm going to do, unless it resets every 12 hours like the heroic events.

Also the rich get richer seems to be a common theme in these events. I started like a month ago and I haven't even come close to placing top 10, even with getting slacker brackets.

Deep Winter
Mar 26, 2010

DrManiac posted:

Waited before getting placed into a whale bracket with people who have the teams to run the repeatable missions :v:

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Welp, I'm in a whale bracket; #1 on the Alaska mission (not the main event) already has 1000 points.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Wow, that sucks. Guess you have to scrounge up 350 Hero Points and hope you get the right cover out of the machine. That's disappointing, the game's been pretty good about not pulling poo poo like that so far.

Anyway, on a more positive note, I just remembered you can use boosts to have Thor ready with his hammer right out of the gate. :getin:

So what do the other areas in the Hunt look like? Sure, we've only got the little pictures. Florida is obviously Ragnarok, and the Savage Lands are some kind of bird thing?

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
These Hunt missions are pretty messed up, I can have two IM40s on my team sometimes if I want to

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
I beat the 230/230/230 with IW / Magneto / Spidey, but not without Sue being KO'ed. What a fuckin' tragedy.

(Venom first because his Devour at that level hits like a truck, then Yelena, then Daken.)

EDIT: How good is Magneto Classic? This good. I just started the Daken 97, Pyro 162, Lieutenant 100 repeatable with +3 All AP / +3 Blue/Purple boosts active, and L95 Maggie 5/1/5 with Widow and Spider-Man along for the ride. Not only did the bad guys not get a turn, _I never even moved a tile_.

delfin fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Dec 5, 2013

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Looks like MPQ's available on Steam now too.

Skam
Jan 6, 2008
How do some people have double my score in the hunt (first part)

I have 220 and they have 420. But there is no repeatables

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Skam posted:

The higher everybody else is, the more valuable a mission's points are. I'm assuming there's going to be some manner of reset, or other available points, as the missions go on.

Loonytoad Quack
Aug 24, 2004

High on Shatner's Bassoon

Skam posted:

The first part of the hunt combines the score of all parts of the hunt (ie. it's the combined score of 1st Hunt and 2nd Hunt at the moment). The individual location hunts have their own score.

Chuds McGreedy
Aug 26, 2007

Jumanji
I decided to say gently caress it and jumped right into the hunt. If you haven't joined yet, things are a bit different this time around.

This event lasts 10 days. (So far?) It only has 6 missions. Once you progress past the first few missions another event appears on the "featured" page called The Hunt: Alaska. This one has it's own ladder and ends in about 32 hours. Points earned in the missions for Alaska are added to your total in the overall 10 day long event.

Alaska has three repeatable missions at the end, for the first time REQUIRING you own the covers for: IM40 for the easy one, Grey Widow for medium, and Invisible Woman for the hardest. Like I said before, this one has it's own ladder for rewards after it ends in 32 hours with the top 400 (1000 person brackets) players getting a free Heroic - The Hunt token (and varying degrees of ISO / HP for higher rankings). I'm pretty sure you can slacker bracket Alaska if you're trying to get a top spot (top 2 gets 500 HP) for the heroic token and some HP.

After Alaska there seems to be two other areas grayed out we get to visit and do more missions in. Florida and Savage Lands. Those probably become active once Alaska is over.

Edit: Alaska ends in 32 hours. Math is tough.

\/Yeah the other events start then for me too, sweet! That IM40 at 30,000 seems less like a joke, the whales/grinders are going to have a shitload of repeatables to cherry pick the easiest from.

Chuds McGreedy fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Dec 5, 2013

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Mine had 'em overlapping, actually. Alaska ends in 1 day and 8 hours, Florida starts in 8 hours and Savage Lands in 20 hours, so yeah.

Decided to just start because I figure I'm never getting high enough to get Punisher unless I start late, which I'd rather not do. Besides, being in a tier with whales means I'll be able to rack up points faster, yeah? Totally gonna aim for slacker bracket for the shorter missions though since those don't have prizes for progress.

Thank God I have IM40 and Grey Widow, though my IM40 is 1/0/0 and Grey Widow is 0/1/1 or something.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

triplexpac posted:

What does Grey Widow's Purple skill do? Just converts a couple tiles to Green tiles?

Her purple skill is almost good enough all by itself to make her a viable team member. If her other abilities gave AP, she'd be rock solid.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

A.o.D. posted:

Her purple skill is almost good enough all by itself to make her a viable team member. If her other abilities gave AP, she'd be rock solid.

The red ability could really benefit from that; as it stands, it's too expensive for what it does. The sniper shot would become pretty overpowered, though.

chrisf
Feb 29, 2008

seravid posted:

The red ability could really benefit from that; as it stands, it's too expensive for what it does. The sniper shot would become pretty overpowered, though.

The only thing to really use the red for is to set up match 4/5s or break urgent enemy countdown tiles. Using boosted IM40/Hawkguy, boosted grey widow, and the hood has made the hunt super easy for me so far. I also don't see the point in three levels of repeatable mission that all give the same reward points.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I wonder when they'll put Nick Fury in as a playable. Then we can have Nick Fury Classic and Movie for extra confusion.

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

death .cab for qt posted:

That number 2 is actually not that bad. And nobody is doing 3, basically. I just wish I had an IM40 to clean up number 1 a bunch

Yeah, I don't like there are missions that require a charter that there's no reliable way to win.

I did get a Ragnarok from a recruit token today. Think he'll be stuck at 15 for a while.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Anyone playing on Steam? I'm trying to figure out if it can connect to the account I've been using for a week.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

So, Classic Storm nerfs. I heard someone saying Modern Storm was better anyway... but I can't really start leveling my Modern Storm instead, can I? My understanding is that she can't get any higher than level 50 because she's a 1-star, and since my Thor is already 45, she's only gonna be useful for a little while anyway. That seems like a really lovely way to force you to value 2 and 3 star heroes, by the way. They're not just different and rare, they're outright better, and will be the only useful heroes eventually?

I'm getting frustrated at that, especially, because I have had no luck in finding more Spidey covers. He's 1/1/0 and capped at level 18, so he's just pointless for the near future. I was saving up to buy a level on his blue, but that isn't going to get him above 20-something anyway...and I also accidentally tapped the IM40 lottery instead of the Standard Recruit token button. And I haven't even found a single Doom, and I'm starting to realize that I need to find, like, 6-7 Dooms to start playing him. :(

e: Ooh, just found an Original Black Widow! But again, I will never get to play her. :(

Phenotype fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Dec 6, 2013

Ratatozsk
Mar 6, 2007

Had we turned left instead, we may have encountered something like this...
The repeatables seem to have been adjusted. I'm just running into HAMMER squads of escalating difficulty with no character requirements. If anyone's looking to grind up some mission points, this seems like a good time.

Edit: back to normal. drat, shoulda stayed a bit longer.

Ratatozsk fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Dec 6, 2013

particle409
Jan 15, 2008

Thou bootless clapper-clawed varlot!

seravid posted:

You can't even buy Invisible Woman. You can do random card lottery, which is guaranteed to give you 50 Thor and Hawkeye cards before ever giving up an Invisible Woman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Sign up for the forums and make a nice big complaint thread, some of the devs have a look at it.