Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tora! Tora! Tora!
Dec 28, 2008

Shake it baby

poopkitty posted:

Where do I aquire this? I LOVE Christmas music. I have like, 45 CD's of it (are CDs obsolete now?) and would love some minor key stuff.

I just discovered the Bad Religion Christmas Cd and it's amazingly awesome.

And, jesus christ, my cats just killed a dove and dragged it inside. Dammit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

t_violet posted:

Sounds like a good omen!

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Pick posted:

Sounds like a good omen!

sounds like a good cat!

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE

t_violet posted:

count yourself lucky. my cat didn't get me anything for christmas.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
for christmas i gave my dumb gray cat a name finally

(i have had it since september)

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE
my christmas present to my cat was cat food.

he liked it.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Pick posted:

for christmas i gave my dumb gray cat a name finally

(i have had it since september)

Procrastination?
Patience?
Illdoitlater?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
mug

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

my guesses were all better than that

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
yeah but the cat aint

grapey
Oct 10, 2012

Kimmalah posted:

My hair is just really wavy and thick instead of outright curly, but I've had good luck with a short bob-type haircut (no idea if there's an official name for this). Any length past my chin or so just turns into a frizzy uncontrollable rat's nest.

Yes! Right now it's in the frizz phase. Even thought I've been using the fancy argan oil (though not religiously I admit)

I asked my husband what he thought about the Tasha Yar season 1 Star Trek TNG look and he vetoed it. What's not to like about a late 80s hairstyle?

teenytinymouse
Aug 3, 2005

I'm Shannon and I'm the biggest Idiot Ever!

My mums cat loves those gross microwave porridge pots with the golden syrup so her Christmas present was 2 spoonfuls of porridge. She seemed pleased. My dads cat got turkey then burped in my face for 2 hours.

I just made little truffles for my boyfriends family tomorrow and they look like little cocoa-covered turds :smith:

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
My parents' cat got an embarrassing number of presents. I got her one of those water fountains and a Furminator, and she also got Da Bird refills, some as-seen-on-TV loud toy, a stuffed monkey, treats, and good catnip.

She didn't seem grateful. It's almost like she's a cat :smith:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Spoiling cats is fun especially when there are kids around who got fewer presents

Tora! Tora! Tora!
Dec 28, 2008

Shake it baby
The accomplice:

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
I co-planned a friend's baby shower with a very strange friend of her's. She wanted to require guests to bring gifts for my friend's two cats as well as the baby, so that they didn't feel left out.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
all cats are named cat until further notice

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

VanSandman posted:

all cats are named cat until further notice

Is kitty an appropriate sub?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I'm a very poor cat-lady because actually I'm arbitrarily mean to the inferior cat all the time.

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012

Crow Jane posted:

I co-planned a friend's baby shower with a very strange thoughtful and great friend of her's. She wanted to require guests to bring gifts for my friend's two cats as well as the baby, so that they didn't feel left out.

Fixed.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Crow Jane posted:

I co-planned a friend's baby shower with a very strange friend of her's. She wanted to require guests to bring gifts for my friend's two cats as well as the baby, so that they didn't feel left out.

when youhave a baby isn't that time to kill your cats?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

boom boom boom posted:

when youhave a baby isn't that time to kill your cats?

cats do that

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

The friend is sort of a nice person, but she's a trust fund baby who doesn't seem to get that not everyone has the same sort of background. The cat thing was cute, but she also wanted to have the shower at a $500/weekend spa resort. And she didn't understand that not everyone on the invite list could afford to do that on a month's notice.

Not to mention, my friend is a really low-key, frugal person who hates when people make a fuss over her and would have been perfectly happy with a nice, chill dinner or brunch somewhere. The friend wanted to go all Martha Stewart on our asses.

Crow Jane fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Dec 27, 2013

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012

Crow Jane posted:

The friend is sort of a nice person, but she's a trust fund baby who doesn't seem to get that not everyone has the same sort of background. The cat thing was cute, but she also wanted to have the shower at a $500/weekend spa resort. And she didn't understand that not everyone on the invite list could afford to do that on a month's notice.

Not to mention, my friend is a really low-key, frugal person who hates when people make a fuss over her and would have been perfectly happy with a nice, chill dinner or brunch somewhere. The friend wanted to go all Martha Stewart on our asses.

Haha oh no I was kidding she sounds legit awful.

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

grapey posted:

Yes! Right now it's in the frizz phase. Even thought I've been using the fancy argan oil (though not religiously I admit)

I asked my husband what he thought about the Tasha Yar season 1 Star Trek TNG look and he vetoed it. What's not to like about a late 80s hairstyle?

your husband did right by you

however I did pull off a really short cut once, just slightly longer than her hair. the difference between generic software CEO and chic is a very thin line at that length.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

She means well, I think, she's just utterly oblivious.

edit: I went through a weird, Doc Marten's-wearing androgynous phase where I had a super-short pixie cut, practically shaved. It was cute, but it was hell to grow out.

Crow Jane fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Dec 27, 2013

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

grapey posted:

Haven't you always wondered if you are one of those women who look amazing with a shaved head? You should try it.

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012
Short hair chat:

I have pretty short hair. The back is basically shaved, and the longest section is the front, which is probably 3-4 inches swept across my forehead. Everything else is about 2 inches or shorter. I love it and never want long hair again. My hairdresser kept double-checking with me before she cut it all off. It wasn't that long to start out with, just chin-length. I look weird with long hair. I had a Dorothy Hammill bob from ages 5-12. :-(

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
lifestyle update: i got blackout drunk for the first time yesterday, my grandmother found me slumped semi-conscious and puking in her bathroom and her only response was a cheerful "ohoho, not to worry, happens to everybody!"

i love my family

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

your grandma sounds wonderful. also welcome to the stupid drunks club

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

Crow Jane posted:

She means well, I think, she's just utterly oblivious.

edit: I went through a weird, Doc Marten's-wearing androgynous phase where I had a super-short pixie cut, practically shaved. It was cute, but it was hell to grow out.

I'm still in that phase. Have been for 20 years. My hair is a high fade with a 1 guard and about 1.5" on the top so I can hawk it.

Also, apparently it's still okay for people to ask questions about your sexuality as if it's a right for them to know. That happens a lot. Also, I mostly get called Sir, even though I have an hourglass figure and size 32E's.

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE

poopkitty posted:

I'm still in that phase. Have been for 20 years. My hair is a high fade with a 1 guard and about 1.5" on the top so I can hawk it.

Also, apparently it's still okay for people to ask questions about your sexuality as if it's a right for them to know. That happens a lot. Also, I mostly get called Sir, even though I have an hourglass figure and size 32E's.

do you cut your hair yourself? i have short hair and i cut it myself. it owns.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE
I don't. But the barbershop is only $10. I live in Japan, so no tipping and I get an AMAZING hot towel massage with my cut. I don't do many "spa" type things here because tattoos aren't allowed in the spas, so haircuts are my me time.

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

poopkitty posted:

Maybe they're trying to ask you out? Idk

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

maybe it's just from the back and you're wearing a coat or something and they make a guess based on the short haircut.

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
I mean if I was asking out or hitting on another girl I would probably have to ask a question regarding sexuality at some point but that's just an idea it is pretty awkward I guess

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

poopkitty posted:

I live in Japan

its not that big a mystery guys

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012
I asked my niece if she wanted to learn about Ancient Egyptians because there's an exhibit and I was pretty into that when I was her age, and she emailed back and said "I do want to learn about them!" :3:

Unrelated, do any of you ladies make your own cleaning stuff/laundry detergent? I have a shower spray that I made that works fine, but most of my cleaning stuff is running out and I might just make everything as it needs to be replaced. First step is laundry because our detergent is running low. Worth it? Waste of time to save like 5 cents?

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
Buy big container and parcel out into smaller containers as needed IMO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
Making your own cleaning supplies is definitely one pinterest too far for me. Agreed, get huge jugs at Costco and parcel them out. Bonus: unlike baking soda or whatever, it will actually work.

• Locked thread