Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
Someone's user is pussy cartel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Sabel posted:

So what are you all doing for New Years Eve. I hope it's good so I can live vicariously through you because mine is depressing.

No plans. Probably nothing. :smith: maybe video games and some drinking. What about you?

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
at least you don't have exams the 2nd and 3rd

Video games!

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

boom boom boom fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Jul 11, 2014

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE
My husband has to work overnight so I'm going to eat noodles for dinner then go to bed early and hope that the fireworks/bells from the shrine don't wake me up. Big dinner on New Year's Day, though.

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
All of my rl friends on Facebook are on vacation in Europe or Asia or elsewhere and doing all sorts of cool things and apparently having the times of their lives but that could just be because they only post good stuff.

teenytinymouse
Aug 3, 2005

I'm Shannon and I'm the biggest Idiot Ever!

Sabel posted:

Pussy It's burst into flames! Get this, Charlie; get this, Charlie! It's fire... and it's crashing! It's crashing terrible! Oh, my! Get out of the way, please! It's burning and bursting into flames and the... and it's falling on the mooring mast. And all the folks agree that this is terrible; this is the worst of the worst catastrophes in the world. [indecipherable] its flames... Crashing, oh! Four- or five-hundred feet into the sky and it... it's a terrific crash, ladies and gentlemen. It's smoke, and it's in flames now; and the frame is crashing to the ground, not quite to the mooring mast. Oh, the humanity! And all the passengers screaming around here. I told you; it—I can't even talk to people, their friends are on there! Ah! It's... it... it's a... ah! I... I can't talk, ladies and gentlemen. Honest: it's just laying there, mass of smoking wreckage. Ah! And everybody can hardly breathe and talk and the screaming. I... I... I'm sorry. Honest: I... I can hardly breathe. I... I'm going to step inside, where I cannot see it. Charlie, that's terrible. Ah, ah... I can't. Listen, folks; I... I'm gonna have to stop for a minute because I've lost my voice. This is the worst thing I've ever witnessed.

Me and the bf are watching Monsters Inc. so I read all of that in Billy Crystals voice.

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

Sabel posted:

All of my rl friends on Facebook are on vacation in Europe or Asia or elsewhere and doing all sorts of cool things and apparently having the times of their lives but that could just be because they only post good stuff.

i'm in europe and this place is boring as hell

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow

The Brown Menace posted:

Go look at insanely cool old buildings.

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

Fabulist posted:

Go look at insanely cool old buildings.

they all got owned by roosevelt and churchill

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
I cannot go out this year. I am at home recovering from being sick. Usually I go see fireworks at the inner harbor

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow

The Brown Menace posted:

they all got owned by roosevelt and churchill

poo poo. Nothing interesting at all to go sight-see?

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

The Brown Menace posted:

can't you go to any other country on a train in like 30 minutes?

here it takes hours of driving just to get to another part of texas

Tora! Tora! Tora!
Dec 28, 2008

Shake it baby
I wasn't planning to go out. Ironically, I live too close to downtown so it's impossible to get a cab (they hold out for the big fares and refuse to show up for the little ones). But I may ride my bike down to my club to watch the fireworks over the lake and hang out.

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
One of my trans friends is recovering from expensive surgery by a world-reknown surgeon to get her face rearranged to look more womanly and it blows my mind

(not her)

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
those are different people dude

Butt Soup Barnes
Nov 25, 2008

Sabel posted:

One of my trans friends is recovering from expensive surgery by a world-reknown surgeon to get her face rearranged to look more womanly and it blows my mind

(not her)

Hey, me too! I had my surgery just about two weeks ago and I'm still in Buenos Aires recovering. It's quite amazing what they can do nowadays.

Edit: tell her congrats and I hope she's having as smooth of a recovery as I am!

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012

Sabel posted:

(not her)

This is amazing. I want to go to them and have them make me into a man on their computer so I can see what I would look like.

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

boom boom boom posted:

those are different people dude
http://www.drspiegel.com/ffs-surgery-photos/

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

boom boom boom posted:

not that fast but yeah

also we have countries like luxembourg which are basically like a neighborhood

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

boom boom boom fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Jul 11, 2014

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012

Butt Soup Barnes posted:

Hey, me too! I had my surgery just about two weeks ago and I'm still in Buenos Aires recovering. It's quite amazing what they can do nowadays.

Edit: tell her congrats and I hope she's having as smooth of a recovery as I am!

Good recovery thoughts to you!

By the way, I'm watching The Hills with my husband (his idea) and Spencer Pratt tried to fight a dude over DISRESPECTING HIS WOMAN. So any guys who didn't believe us that only douches do that...That's how they tried to prove Spencer Pratt is a douche early on.

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

Butt Soup Barnes posted:

Congrats, care to share details of your eperience if you don't mind me asking

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE

Butt Soup Barnes
Nov 25, 2008

Sabel posted:

Congrats, care to share details of your eperience if you don't mind me asking

Yeah, sure!

I've been on hormones for ~14 months and while they've done a lot to change my appearance they can't do anything to the face when it comes to bone structure. I had a very masculine forehead, so I decided to have it reconstructed (type 3 procedure, same type that Dr. Spiegel does) as well as a rhinoplasty. You wouldn't think it until you saw it but the forehead is actually where the biggest differences between a male and a female face are.

I ended up going to Dr. Di Maggio in Buenos Aires because he was roughly half the cost of the two main U.S. surgeons that do reconstructions and more importantly he is known to be very aggressive yet consistent with his foreheads. He also does a pretty darn good job with noses as well.

Here's a profile pic of me at 10 days post-op - sorry the lighting sucks but it's the best I can do until I get home. This was my most masculine angle (I could never wear my hair up in public because of it, I always had to make sure it hid my forehead as much as possible) and you can see how much a difference the forehead makes when it isn't protruding over my eyes so much.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
You look really pretty. Congrats

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

Butt Soup Barnes posted:

Yeah, sure!

I've been on hormones for ~14 months and while they've done a lot to change my appearance they can't do anything to the face when it comes to bone structure. I had a very masculine forehead, so I decided to have it reconstructed (type 3 procedure, same type that Dr. Spiegel does) as well as a rhinoplasty. You wouldn't think it until you saw it but the forehead is actually where the biggest differences between a male and a female face are.

I ended up going to Dr. Di Maggio in Buenos Aires because he was roughly half the cost of the two main U.S. surgeons that do reconstructions and more importantly he is known to be very aggressive yet consistent with his foreheads. He also does a pretty darn good job with noses as well.

Here's a profile pic of me at 10 days post-op - sorry the lighting sucks but it's the best I can do until I get home. This was my most masculine angle (I could never wear my hair up in public because of it, I always had to make sure it hid my forehead as much as possible) and you can see how much a difference the forehead makes when it isn't protruding over my eyes so much.

Wow, nice job.

Does it feel like somebody beat you up in the face? Beat the man out of you, so to speak.

Susan B. Antimony
Aug 25, 2008

Crow Jane posted:

You look really pretty. Congrats

Seriously, you look lovely. Congratulations!

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Sabel posted:

So what are you all doing for New Years Eve. I hope it's good so I can live vicariously through you because mine is depressing.

going out clubbing with some friends so we can be lovely and terrible and wear expensive shoes

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

The ocean is calling and I must go

boom boom boom posted:

Nah, the trains are always late.

You could just pretend that all your states are different countries. Texas probably thinkswishes it's the whole US anyway.

Butt Soup Barnes
Nov 25, 2008

Thanks guys :3:

Sabel posted:

Wow, nice job.

Does it feel like somebody beat you up in the face? Beat the man out of you, so to speak.

Lol, you should've seen me a couple days after surgery, my face swelled up like a balloon and I could barely see. Thankfully the pain wasn't too bad at all, but I also didn't have chin/jaw work done which are supposed to be pretty bad pain-wise.

And I don't remember this, but the last thing I asked my surgeon before they put me to sleep was if he could take pictures of me during the surgery. It's REALLY creepy seeing pictures of your own face peeled halfway off your skull. I asked him to e-mail me the pictures, they are actually p. cool if you can get past the gore.

fake edit: I found a picture from a day after the surgery, this was the day before the swelling and bruising fully set in so imagine this but worse:

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

Butt Soup Barnes posted:

And I don't remember this, but the last thing I asked my surgeon before they put me to sleep was if he could take pictures of me during the surgery. It's REALLY creepy seeing pictures of your own face peeled halfway off your skull. I asked him to e-mail me the pictures, they are actually p. cool if you can get past the gore.

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

The ocean is calling and I must go

Butt Soup Barnes posted:

You are awesome.

(you also look lovely btw)

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
the best feminist band name is "death vagina" and I want to make a vegan grindcore band under that moniker

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012

Butt Soup Barnes posted:

Yeah, sure!

You look beautiful, I'm really happy for you. I'm glad you found an awesome doctor who did an amazing job.

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

boom boom boom posted:

a couple friends from oregon are gonna be in the woodlands so me and a friend are gonna go up there and possibly there's gonne be more friends from san antonioand we're gonna probably do a bunch of nerd stuff. watch anime. play resistance. we literally have not aged since high school

i was just in the woodlands. it is the worst, so glad to be back in colorado

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Wildlife Analysis posted:

i was just in the woodlands. it is the worst, so glad to be back in colorado

i lived there during highschool. there are deer, and i saw a wolf once!

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

Why are there chives in a massage spread?

Edit: Or green onions I suppose, I'm no cook. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Sabel posted:

UnnaturalSELECTION posted:

I cannot go out this year. I am at home recovering from being sick. Usually I go see fireworks at the inner harbor

poopkitty posted:

My husband has to work overnight so I'm going to eat noodles for dinner then go to bed early and hope that the fireworks/bells from the shrine don't wake me up. Big dinner on New Year's Day, though.

We should have a sad people internet party for introverts.

• Locked thread