Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

toe knee hand posted:

it's almost like trying to stretch a short book into three movies was a terrible idea

I wish they had just made all 4 at the same time. I think the success of the Fellowship made the Hobbit suck. (I'm also bitter because it made my LOTR tattoos trendy. Assholes.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZombieGravy
Feb 5, 2008

I'll put it in my list of things to watch when there is nothing on telly then.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

The spider action sequence is well-done and creepy though. I'll say that.

Doctor Bishop
Oct 22, 2013

To understand what happened at the diner, we use Mr. Papaya. This is upsetting because he is the friendliest of fruits.

mind the walrus posted:

You do get to see Stephen Colbert for like, a second, making a prune juice face.

It sucks so much that I managed to miss that part even though I think I'd heard beforehand that Stephen Colbert was making a cameo appearance and yet caught the :airquote:cameo:airquote: by Peter loving Jackson and his stupid carrot at the beginning. Well, at least Smaug was pretty awesome and Stephen Fry was genuinely funny so it wasn't a total waste.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

mind the walrus posted:

The spider action sequence is well-done and creepy though. I'll say that.

yeah, and i liked the extra comedy they put into the barrel stuff

Obligatory Toast
Mar 19, 2007

What am I reading here??

GrrrlSweatshirt posted:

Put cat up for adoption and buy a dog cuz they're better

wrongo, fucker.

toe knee hand posted:

it's almost like trying to stretch a short book into three movies was a terrible idea

almost

the real terrible idea was making a movie of the hobbit at all

i dunno i think it would have been entertaining as one movie - that already currently exists.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
i liked both hobbits
also the big gold dwarf was a cool thing

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN
Apr 27, 2010

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

Pick posted:

legolas has to stay chaste for ghimli

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012
Are you posting from jail because you killed your friends per our suggestion?

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

VanSandman posted:

i liked both hobbits
also the big gold dwarf was a cool thing

i found that part genuinely funny. it's like that episode of bob's burgers with the mechanical shark "and now the shark is electrified"/"and now the dragon is armor-plated"

JR ANTI SEX LEAGUE
Jul 9, 2010
heavenly creatures was so good, it makes me sad now ;(

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

detectivemonkey posted:

Are you posting from jail because you killed your friends per our suggestion?

i went with four people, i was the only one who didn't want to see it, and at the end only one person liked it. and she even agreed that it was not a good movie

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
elfangeline lily as girl elf was funny to me for some reason

i went in expecting a silly action romp with some red meat for Tolkien dorks like me

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

JR ANTI SEX LEAGUE posted:

heavenly creatures was so good, it makes me sad now ;(

it is but I can't handle the murder scene, it's so horrible

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012
abrupt change of topic but does anyone else hate dudes who are really into IPA's and talk about them a lot

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
i can't stand beer nerds

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

boom boom boom posted:

i can't stand beer nerds

coffee nerds

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

nerds

JR ANTI SEX LEAGUE
Jul 9, 2010

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE
I like beer and coffee and don't mind nerds so much but cannot stand when someone tells me that I don't like the correct variant of whatever. So what if I like whit biers and instant coffee? I LIKE THEM.

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012
heh nice sierra nevada you have there. pretty good for a newbie. me, i'm drinking periwinkle dirigible's blue tuesday ipa. it's very hoppy but really has a unique bouquet

e: the bottle is shaped like a tiny cuckoo clock

GrrrlSweatshirt fucked around with this message at 10:53 on Dec 31, 2013

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

Torka posted:

coffee nerds
shaving nerds

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

GrrrlSweatshirt posted:

heh nice sierra nevada you have there. pretty good for a newbie. me, i'm drinking periwinkle dirigible's blue tuesday ipa. it's very hoppy but really has a unique bouquet

e: the bottle is shaped like a tiny cuckoo clock

That sounds like they made up the name on an AngelFire site. Or MadLibs.

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012
Oh I just made that up. I hope to god that isn't a real thing

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

GrrrlSweatshirt posted:

Oh I just made that up. I hope to god that isn't a real thing

Oh thank the stars. That totally sounded legit and I was thinking how glad I am that I'm not in the US to have to deal with that. I like Sierra Nevada sometimes. Other times, I like Molson. I could never order anything pretentious.

Dice Dingus
May 4, 2010
My brother's new kitten is so cute that I'm afraid he's going to give me heart palpatations or something, especially now that he's dressed in a sparkly red bow. I will return with an offering of photos.

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
my hero :3:

Duckie
Sep 12, 2010

This is sewious!

Sabel posted:

shaving nerds

I'm a partway shaving nerd, I don't do all the creams or anything, but drat that razor is nice compared to the plastic Venus and Gillette crap! I used to dread shaving because it pulled and hurt, not anymore! A cute pearl handled razor and some like pack of 500 razors and you are set. I think the last time I bought razors was like a year ago or so.

P_T_S
Aug 28, 2009

Hi thread! I just caught up.

lab/glove chat: I too work in a lab, nail polish just comes off or becomes discolored in solvent too quickly. NeoPro gloves best gloves though. They don't dry out your hands like most nitrile gloves tend to, but if your hands get sweaty they smell a bit like the pool because they're chloroprene.

fuzzy things: The puptatoes are great and all the catte pics are awesome.

book chat: Everyone should read Pavilion of Women by Pearl S. Buck (author of the classic The Good Earth). It has some fairly awesome ladytruths in it that I wish I had known growing up.

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
HQPPY NEW YEAR LADYGOONS :j:

Dice Dingus
May 4, 2010
YAAAAAY

I spent my christmas money on clothes and shoes, being the fine upstanding traditional lady that I am. I still haven't replaced all my gross ratty old clothes though, I've only got like three decent tops. Shan't rest until I have a full week's worth of clothes to wear.

and maybe also a pair of thick black facecrushing boots.

pixelbaron
Mar 18, 2009

~ Notice me, Shempai! ~

boom boom boom posted:

oh there's a joke about that! he finds a dwarf locket and is all like, who's this disgusting ugly monster that i automatically hate and will never be friends with ever? and the dwarf says, that's me boy, Gimli!

then he stares at the camera for two minutes and winks

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
i hate beer nerds just give me something easy to drink yhat doesnt taste like hangover puke aftertaste

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

Dice Dingus posted:

YAAAAAY

I spent my christmas money on clothes and shoes, being the fine upstanding traditional lady that I am. I still haven't replaced all my gross ratty old clothes though, I've only got like three decent tops. Shan't rest until I have a full week's worth of clothes to wear.

and maybe also a pair of thick black facecrushing boots.

POST PICS if you can be bothered

i hope you can be bothered

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
Weirdest place I ever boned was a night club bathroom. Not all that weird, I guess.

Never been too into beer. I like wine, but don't know too much about it. I just buy whatever looks like it'll go with dinner. I love overpriced pretentious cocktails, though.

The Hobbit was okay, Smaug was cool. Nothing compares to my dad reading the book to me when I was little, though. He's a massive Tolkein nerd and did different voices for all the characters :3:

vaguely
Apr 29, 2013

hot_squirting_honey.gif

I only know one person who's obnoxious about alcohol choices, he's always making fun of me for drinking the wrong ciders

all the ones he likes taste like feet, he is the one that is wrong

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
one of my friends got arrested in singapore for blowing a sailor in a public toilet. i don't think i'll ever be able to beat that

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
someone called the cops on them bc they went into the toilet together and singapore's population is primarily composed of narcs

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Shannonmcn posted:

He is really really good at cricket, their first date was an awards ceremony for his cricket expertise.

hahahahahahhahahaahhahahaahahhahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahhahaha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

img-timeline

• Locked thread