Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

GrrrlSweatshirt posted:

abrupt change of topic but does anyone else hate dudes who are really into IPA's and talk about them a lot

It's the loving worst. Yeah, some major beers are dire but for the most part it doesn't really loving matter if beer was brewed in batches the size of a shoe. These are also often the guys who critique lady purchases with the most disdain, such as cosmetics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

so I watched cloud atlas this weekend

heads-up: don't watch that movie with your grandparents, it just adds to the weirdness

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

:synthy:

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

boom boom boom posted:

i can't stand beer nerds

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

I went to The Bay and got a rad coat with my gift card. It's not the warmest and it's not real leather, but the lining is nice, I can fit my wallet and phone into the pockets and there's a fuzzy, detachable hood. I think it also looks pretty good on me. It's for when I want to be moderately warm and still look snappy. it was originally $150, marked down to $105, so I ended up only paying $25 for it.

I also picked up the first three seasons of Breaking Bad, but was saddened to learn that my employee discount does not stack with the boxing week sale. It was either/or. :/

Jumping back a little to polyamorous chat, my very first relationship was part of a poly relationship, but I was 17 and stupid and it was a very bad idea. I was just a stupid teenager who was desperate for any male attention.

It's rather unfortunate that I only figured out I liked girls after I broke up with the dude. The couple broke up several years later and now they are both with other people. The dude started dating another teenager and the girl is now dating a rich dude who owns a vineyard in South America.

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow
I know a single person who has successfully been part of multiple poly amorous relationships. I say 'successful' because there wasn't any of the usual endings, just people parting peacefully (and still being friends) when they discovered the relationship was no longer what they wanted/needed/whatever. Really doesn't count because that dude is weirdly superhuman. Works for a non-profit, devotes much of his remaining free time to other charity and community stuff, learned to breathe fire because.. he could, I guess, enjoys suspension in his off time. Although I get the feeling he never really has off time.

And that's just his experience. Others involved in the tangled chart of pushpins and string needed to map the relationships fully are less than happy with the result, I'm sure.

Obligatory Toast
Mar 19, 2007

What am I reading here??

GrrrlSweatshirt posted:

abrupt change of topic but does anyone else hate dudes who are really into IPA's and talk about them a lot

My sisters bf is like this, and will only drink IPAs and during the winter this is ridiculous.

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

Pick posted:

It's the loving worst. Yeah, some major beers are dire but for the most part it doesn't really loving matter if beer was brewed in batches the size of a shoe. These are also often the guys who critique lady purchases with the most disdain, such as cosmetics.

Never understood guys getting uppity about what I do with my face. Sometimes I like to do makeup naturally, sometimes I want to look like a princess. At this point it's more than trying to look good it is a hobby for me and if dudes don't like it suck my dick

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow

Donkay NOoo posted:

Never understood guys getting uppity about what I do with my face. Sometimes I like to do makeup naturally, sometimes I want to look like a princess. At this point it's more than trying to look good it is a hobby for me and if dudes don't like it suck my dick

They assume all women are wearing makeup to be more visually pleasurable to men and it's loving annoying.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Fabulist posted:

They assume all women are wearing makeup to be more visually pleasurable to men and it's loving annoying.

It's warpaint for a modern country.

Edit: oh and Beer chat. IPA = Too Hoppy. People who like them are just as bitter as the beer they drink.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

Donkay NOoo posted:

Some guys are just assholes like that. I don't think it even matters what it is, it's just automatically dumb because there's a woman buying it. I've gotten poo poo for buying girly stuff like makeup and for generally "male" stuff like video games or comics. Some people just have issues.

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

It's me, I'm the beer nerd. I like IPAs and one of my jobs is at a craft brewery, where I talk knowledgably about craft beer to tourists and give them tours. I only make up about 40% of it these days. But I also like porters and pilsners and lagers and don't give a gently caress if you wanna drink bud or corona or w/e, as long as I don't have to. I am bitter and complex like a good dry hopping.
E: I like my brewery because we are lady owned and majority lady staffed, although the brewmaster is a veryvery Belgian dude with a ginger beard.

Weirdest gently caress venue is either the top bubble thing in a children's playground shaped like a space ship (very very late at night, no children) or the middle of a soccer field in the moonlight (also very very late at night).

Also I didn't really make plans for New Years. Could either make a Japanese feast or an Indian feast and watch movies I guess. What is a good movie for when your town has zero New Years things going on?

vaguely
Apr 29, 2013

hot_squirting_honey.gif

when it comes to beer I only really like good stouts

my new year's plans involve playing board games and drinking with the family, mum wraps up a load of prizes :j: I already won a pair of glowstick glasses and it owns

Trustfund.
Feb 14, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Like many of its beer counterparts, IPA is delicious. Quit worrying about other people so much you crazy bitches.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Kimmalah posted:

Some guys are just assholes like that. I don't think it even matters what it is, it's just automatically dumb because there's a woman buying it.

This is loving true as gently caress.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Pick posted:

Yes, secretly everything we do is just to impress men, not because we have stuff like hobbies or interests. drat ovaries making me crazy! :argh:

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Pick posted:

Kimmalah posted:

Yes, secretly everything we do is just to impress men, not because we have stuff like hobbies or interests. drat ovaries making me crazy! :argh:

You're both Hysterical.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

VendaGoat posted:

You're both Hysterical.

Nah, my uterus hasn't been migrating around my body very much today.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I shoved an anchor in my uterus' loving face to show it who was boss

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

a girl tlaked to me

Chum Scandal
Oct 30, 2003

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

a girl tlaked to me

sever

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

no sorry i can't go out i've had the liquid shits and vomits for the past 2 days and i'm just now starting to feel normal. i love you bye.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
you may be cursed

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

Lotta people been getting that norovirus and it makes you have violent shits and vomiting, cool stuff, please stay away from me

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN
Apr 27, 2010

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

Pick posted:

you may be cursed

cursed with anime

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Pick posted:

you may be cursed

impossible.. i'm neutral evil.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

impossible.. i'm neutral evil.

:laffo: oh christ post it post the image

StandardToast
Feb 13, 2012

New lady poster long time lurker.

RE: poly relationships. I'm kind of gently caress buddies with a guy in a poly relationship. His wife is super cool, but they're not really together anymore other than they live together/they're best friends. His wife's boyfriend is kinda dumb but nice, but buddy's girlfriend is a psychopath who knew what she was getting into from the start and is pulling the "boo hoo sad sad I thought you'd get divorced and we'd get married and have babies also I'm super jealous about everything and will call you literally 20 times when I know you have no minutes left just because you're not hooooome!"

I got out of that asap. Never. I will never be a serious part of a relationship like that especially after seeing that clusterfuck.

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012

Trustfund. posted:

Like many of its beer counterparts, IPA is delicious. Quit worrying about other people so much you crazy bitches.

you're a bitch, bitch

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
dis a good thraed

Chum Scandal
Oct 30, 2003

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN posted:

cursed with anime

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Kimmalah posted:

Some guys are just assholes like that. I don't think it even matters what it is, it's just automatically dumb because there's a woman buying it. I've gotten poo poo for buying girly stuff like makeup and for generally "male" stuff like video games or comics. Some people just have issues.

I wonder if there's a way to trick someone into like starving themselves to death based on their contrarian retardation.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

mind the walrus posted:

I wonder if there's a way to trick someone into like starving themselves to death based on their contrarian retardation.

maybe tell them not to touch the high voltage wires

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

mind the walrus posted:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Breatharianism

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

Pick posted:

:laffo: oh christ post it post the image

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

no sorry i can't go out i've had the liquid shits and vomits for the past 2 days and i'm just now starting to feel normal. i love you bye.

only thing you can do now is take a three hour shower to wash away your sins, maybe a bit of ritual self-immolation

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

yep that is still so awful i cannot help but laugh at the idiot who made it

and put himself on it

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
Turns out getting older makes me sober up really fast

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I've never caught this so please stay inside

Carecat fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Jan 1, 2014

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
ugh i'm waiting for my ride and i'm bored

what's everyone's favorite webcoomic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room