Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Wesley Snipes does not look like he wants to be there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Kelsey Grammer: Action Legend

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

muscles like this? posted:

Wesley Snipes does not look like he wants to be there.

Snipes got out of prison like 7 months ago so I'm sure he's glad to be anywhere. Harrison Ford on the other hand...

kjetting
Jan 18, 2004

Hammer Time
Expendables: "Hey! remember 80's/90's action flicks???

...We don't"

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

uPen posted:

Snipes got out of prison like 7 months ago so I'm sure he's glad to be anywhere. Harrison Ford on the other hand...

I showed the poster to a friend of mine, and he thought Harrison Ford was just the janitor. Like it's an employee lineup, with absolutely no lower limit of input to deserve a spot.

He's just going to look like a sad, confused old man through the whole movie. Like he does in every movie he's in now.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

boom boom boom fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Oct 6, 2014

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I really hope Frasier basically plays Frasier and is the big baddie funding all the evil mercenaries or whatever that Stallone has to take down in the end. I just really want a smugly rich Kelsey Grammer character shot with an RPG like the one guy at the end of Rambo: First Blood Part 2.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

kjetting posted:

Expendables: "Hey! remember 80's/90's action flicks???

...We don't"

Haven't heard this one before!

Very nyce!Jak sie masz!

yourafagpleasedie
Jun 27, 2013

by zen death robot

flashy_mcflash posted:

Tagline of the year.

Also, let's play 'guess what this word cloud represents' in the teaser for Expendables 3.

Gross it looks like the woman who ruined the 2nd film more than it should have been is in this sequel. And why is kelsey Grammer an action legend now and also why did he pop up in that old man vegas hangover movie. Such an odd man out in both of these films.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW
It's so strange how obsessed they are with their big roster. When you have Ford, Gibson, Stallone and Arnold you don't need to mention you have Kellan Lutz.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Ford looks like he'll be the pilot for them this time around so I can only hope they just go "this guy played Han Solo, get it!" for all his scenes.

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen

Paper Jam Dipper posted:

It's so strange how obsessed they are with their big roster. When you have Ford, Gibson, Stallone and Arnold you don't need to mention you have Kellan Lutz.

It's as if the lead star (and co-writer) of this production is the sort of man who believes "bigger is better!"

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Ford looks like he'll be the pilot for them this time around so I can only hope they just go "this guy played Han Solo, get it!" for all his scenes.

:10bux: says there'll be some "I've got a bad feeling" and "Get off my plane" dialogue.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW
The weird thing about Ford is that he usually looks confused and aimless but when he needs to be on he's loving on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7T0vs9gYydo

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

yourafagpleasedie posted:

Gross it looks like the woman who ruined the 2nd film more than it should have been is in this sequel.

Bad actor or badly written?

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Cleretic posted:

I showed the poster to a friend of mine, and he thought Harrison Ford was just the janitor. Like it's an employee lineup, with absolutely no lower limit of input to deserve a spot.

He's just going to look like a sad, confused old man through the whole movie. Like he does in every movie he's in now.

And it'll make for a great interview on conan.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

boom boom boom posted:

On a related note, they got Kelsey Grammer before they got Michelle Rodriguez?

Michelle Rodriguez is on the good action star ensemble movie series.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

flashy_mcflash posted:

Tagline of the year.

Also, let's play 'guess what this word cloud represents' in the teaser for Expendables 3.

Kelsey Grammer is an odd choice.

EDIT: Crap, I was making a flip joke. He's actually in this one.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

MikeJF posted:

Not that far ahead. Mostly it's just he's been photoshopped in bigger.

Here's a bigger one:

The photoshop beanie on... whoever the second from left guy is... is hilarious, it's removed half his head.

Could someone do an edit with arrows indicating which name goes with which person?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Another fun thing about that poster is that there's a solid chunk of those names who elicit a "who?" out of me. Which might not be the reaction they're looking for.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

muscles like this? posted:

Another fun thing about that poster is that there's a solid chunk of those names who elicit a "who?" out of me. Which might not be the reaction they're looking for.

I have no idea who Powell, Rousey, or Lutz are.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Paper Jam Dipper posted:

The weird thing about Ford is that he usually looks confused and aimless but when he needs to be on he's loving on.

Ford is just like, completely bored with most roles nowadays and it shows. Same with interviews. But when they let him have fun like this and all his interviews with Conan it's pretty magical.

DNS
Mar 11, 2009

by Smythe

TheJoker138 posted:

Ronda Rousey's an Olympic medalist and the p4p best female MMA fighter in the world. Kellen Lutz is a guy from Twilight. I don't know who the hell Powell is.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

TheJoker138 posted:

I know Rousey is Rhonda Rousey, a Women's UFC champion.

e:fb

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

DNS posted:

Ronda Rousey's an Olympic medalist and the p4p best female MMA fighter in the world. Kellen Lutz is a guy from Twilight. I don't know who the hell Powell is.

He's the guy Bane gives his motorcycle helmet to in Dark Knight Rises.

DNS
Mar 11, 2009

by Smythe

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

He's the guy Bane gives his motorcycle helmet to in Dark Knight Rises.

Well it's hilarious that his name is on there at all then. Also I don't know who the Ortiz is on there.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

DNS posted:

Well it's hilarious that his name is on there at all then. Also I don't know who the Ortiz is on there.

It's probably Tito Ortiz, especially if they've had Randy Couture for the last two movies. Yet, I don't see a hulking bald dude like him on there. Could be "bandana cut off his head" guy.

Edit: whoa, I'm wrong, it's Victor Ortiz, the World Boxing Council Welterweight champion

Young Freud fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Jan 4, 2014

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

Young Freud posted:

It's probably Tito Ortiz, especially if they've had Randy Couture for the last two movies. Yet, I don't see a hulking bald dude like him on there. Could be "bandana cut off his head" guy.

According to IMDB/wikipedia its actually Victor Ortiz, who is a boxer.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Darthemed posted:

Could someone do an edit with arrows indicating which name goes with which person?

Not really sure they were going for any kind of order. No idea who the 2nd guy from the left is. Oh right, it's Ortiz. His name is in the poster but after the 12th line I stopped caring.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

Darthemed posted:

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

That looks nothing like Arnold from that distance.

also Antonio Banderas looks terrible.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

DNS posted:

Ronda Rousey's an Olympic medalist and the p4p best female MMA fighter in the world.
I just looked her up and apparently she hasn't been in any movies. Aren't the Expendables movies supposed to be about getting together all the best old action stars? :confused:

Kelsey Grammer isn't an action star (Does being Beast in a couple of the X-Men movies really count as being an action star?) but at least he's been in a ton of stuff.

Why didn't they get Gina Carano instead? She's another MMA fighter but at least she was in Haywire and Fast & Furious 6.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Baron von Eevl posted:

I really hope Frasier basically plays Frasier and is the big baddie funding all the evil mercenaries or whatever that Stallone has to take down in the end. I just really want a smugly rich Kelsey Grammer character shot with an RPG like the one guy at the end of Rambo: First Blood Part 2.

I thought Brendan Fraser was going to be in this movie and now my dreams are crushed :(

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

FlamingLiberal posted:

Gibson doesn't look great, either.

DNS
Mar 11, 2009

by Smythe

Young Freud posted:

Edit: whoa, I'm wrong, it's Victor Ortiz, the World Boxing Council Welterweight champion

Hahaha. Sly, what are you thinking.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

FlamingLiberal posted:

Yeah, I almost thought he was Kelsy Grammer.

FlamingLiberal posted:

He's still got a pretty decent body for a fifty year-old who hasn't really done any physical action roles anymore. Also, I'm hoping there's a Banderas meme reference in this, especially since it's Stallone and him teaming up again (considering where that meme originates from).

Fake edit: Robert Davi's in this but he didn't warrant a poster credit?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I hope Expendables 4 stars Kelsey Grammer, Ted Danson, Woody Harrelson, John Ratzenberger, and George Wendt.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

FlamingLiberal posted:

Banderas just looks like a normal guy.

Nikaer Drekin
Oct 11, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Paper Jam Dipper posted:

His brief segment in Bruno was also pretty fantastic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pSfVU6JUvA

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Not really sure they were going for any kind of order. No idea who the 2nd guy from the left is. Oh right, it's Ortiz. His name is in the poster but after the 12th line I stopped caring.
You two are fantastic, thanks!

Codependent Poster posted:

I hope Expendables 4 stars Kelsey Grammer, Ted Danson, Woody Harrelson, John Ratzenberger, and George Wendt.
Get Rhea Perlman and Dan Hedaya in on that, and my ticket is purchased.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
LOVITZ CHEADLE WILSON