Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Syrg Sapphire posted:

(You're still capped on weekly/daily things, but you get to run the Vault every day instead of every 3/7 for premium/free, and you get 125 replay badges a month to spend on resetting rewards.)

And soon, it's also going to include things like "early access to expansions", "discounts in the cash shop", and some other things, not counting that that $15 means "you're subbed to every SOE game for one fee".

They just announced that bit, kicks in in April.

That does not include SOE PS4 games in that price before anyone asks which is bullshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jerichojx
Oct 21, 2010
That actually sounds like a better deal than Champions Online. I can probably play some PS2 on the side

Zip
Mar 19, 2006

MJ and Serg that was some amazing advice. gently caress yes.

Also my toon was renamed BloodMoon and my ps4 name is zipzapzen so if anyone gets bored and wants to run me through some t3s let me know.

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

https://forums.station.sony.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/next-for-dcuo-feat-unlocking.189594/

Thank goodness. My altitis will be less painful now that feats can be unlocked across characters. Wish they would do the same for Investigations/Briefings though.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

mastajake posted:

https://forums.station.sony.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/next-for-dcuo-feat-unlocking.189594/

Thank goodness. My altitis will be less painful now that feats can be unlocked across characters. Wish they would do the same for Investigations/Briefings though.

quote:

Feat Unlocking is a system that will allow you to use Replay Badges to unlock feats you have already earned on your other characters.

This is still dumb. "You don't have to do mind-numbingly boring poo poo" shouldn't be a paid feature. But at least it's something. Also, loving lol:

quote:

Not to bad, if you have 150sp and wanna bring your alt up it will be like 45$

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:
The feat unlock news almost tempted me to reinstall, then I remembered how grindy the post-30 game is and that I'd have to start over because gently caress playing controllers with this game's toxic community. Oh well.

jerichojx
Oct 21, 2010
I don't know why all those people were so happy. They would still have to pay to unlock everything.

That poo poo should be free with a sub.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Speaking of playing on a controller, how in the hell are you supposed to do clipping on one? I'm playing this off and on again on PS4, really loving rifle as usual, but I decided to learn how to do clipping but on controller it's like I have to hold my controller like an octopus to hit the roll and the shoot and the targeting al at once, and half the time I do the clip that ends up floating me into the air and not actually hurting my target. It's weird.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Policenaut posted:

Speaking of playing on a controller, how in the hell are you supposed to do clipping on one? I'm playing this off and on again on PS4, really loving rifle as usual, but I decided to learn how to do clipping but on controller it's like I have to hold my controller like an octopus to hit the roll and the shoot and the targeting al at once, and half the time I do the clip that ends up floating me into the air and not actually hurting my target. It's weird.

Solution: Don't be a part of the problem by clipping.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

jerichojx posted:

I don't know why all those people were so happy. They would still have to pay to unlock everything.

That poo poo should be free with a sub.

Don't your replay badges replenish for free with a sub?

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Fuzz posted:

Don't your replay badges replenish for free with a sub?

Yeah they do. So if you aren't the "GOTTA RUN EVERYTHING EVERY DAY BURN 'EM ALL" type you can totally do this for free or close to. (I don't even subscribe consistently and I have 240 lying around.)

WarLocke posted:

Solution: Don't be a part of the problem by clipping.

Also: this. Please don't be That Dude if you're a non-DPS role trying to superchain poo poo into MAXIMUM DAMAGE. (And I think it's cool on a DPS because, well... gently caress it, at least that beats you being the dude just running up to poo poo, dying a lot, and wondering why the healer "sucks rear end".)

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Syrg Sapphire posted:

Also: this. Please don't be That Dude if you're a non-DPS role trying to superchain poo poo into MAXIMUM DAMAGE. (And I think it's cool on a DPS because, well... gently caress it, at least that beats you being the dude just running up to poo poo, dying a lot, and wondering why the healer "sucks rear end".)

Honestly if they just put a setting option somewhere for power dumps to prioritize tanks and healers before DPS role characters then I'd be totally fine with it. The problem isn't in the actual power dumping, the problem is that most of the time the power isn't going where it needs to be (tanks and healers) because the DPS are constantly running on empty. DPS are the LAST characters on the list of 'who is it important to give power to' in almost every case.

e: And actually in my personal ideal world they'd get rid of 'DPS' characters altogether - so that every character was either a tank, healer, or controller - and normalize damage output between the three so that no one character could say "I JUST do damage" and instead EVERYONE does damage while also bringing group utility. But that's crazy, nobody would ever make a game like that.

WarLocke fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Jan 28, 2014

jerichojx
Oct 21, 2010
Do any goons actually play the game or do you guys just talk about it?

I tried talking in the Goonlimited chat channel but no one is ever online :(

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

I was in there almost the whole night, so I guess I must have missed you?

jerichojx
Oct 21, 2010
To be fair, I'm in Singapore. But I was playing during the weekend.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Syrg Sapphire posted:

Even if you are a DPS role, I think you should only really clip if you're using a power that's maybe not top-tier. In a lot of cases clipping has become the assumed norm and gives too little a benefit for the immense power drain to be worth it.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Which would you guys say is better for Rage.

Anger or Punishment.

jerichojx
Oct 21, 2010
Punishment with points in Outrage.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

give me style unlocks for all characters and now we're talkin

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
I live in Russia, so my play time doesn't exactly lines up with the prime time for most of the players. Does anyone knows of a good guild that has people that are active at EU time? Playing solo isn't a very attractive idea if most of the community is as bad as people in this thread say.

Giedroyc
Feb 18, 2001

Can't post for 2,400,000 hours!
Proposed feat unlock prices for February's pay for feats (that at least one character on your account has)

"Finally, I know you’re all probably wondering about the cost. The pricing is pretty simple:
Unlocking a 10-Point Feat will cost 1 Replay Badge.
Unlocking a 25-Point Feat will cost 3 Replay Badges.
Unlocking a 50-Point Feat will cost 5 Replay Badges."

Oh gently caress yes. I honestly thought they'd try to charge 100x that. Means I can get alts caught up with my 84 SP main (yeah I switched platforms a few months ago) for a reasonable price.

jerichojx
Oct 21, 2010
I was rather amused when I subbed a few days ago and saw that the 6 month sub was more expensive per month than the 3 month sub.

It was $30 for three months and $71 for 6.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah, 3 months is on sale right now.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
[edit] Never mind, I'm dumb

jerichojx
Oct 21, 2010
Just curious, the Ultimate Edition on Steam only offers the DLC without a monthly sub right?

That seems like a raw deal if you ask me.

You can reach max level in like 2-3 days of casual play.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Aphrodite posted:

Yeah, 3 months is on sale right now.

How do Red Lanterns play? $30 for 3 months might get me to try this again.

jerichojx
Oct 21, 2010
Hey Warlocke!

I am currently leveling a Rage tank. Aesthetically, they are awesome. They play rather well and it's pretty amazing to hit Outrage and hold left-click to swing down with giant maces.

Their mechanic Rage Crash needs some attention from the player as you need to mitigate the damage with other abilities.

Rage Crash basically makes you recover HP for damage taken almost instantly. You take the damage after the duration (12secs) of the Rage ends. Rage Crash hits and you take the damage you mitigated. Certain abilities allow you to either reduce or ignore the damage of Rage Crash and it is fairly simple to use the abilities in time (There is a sound and visual cue).

DPS-wise, I see then doing rather high damage I feel compared to the other tank powers. They certainly feel squishier than Fire or Ice due to their gimmick being recovering damage. Fire you just straight up heal through the damage. Ice and Earth you mitigate it.

What's a good tanking weapon style? I am currently using Dual Wield and I find it really lackluster. I like Staff and Martial Arts and I didn't find One Hand particularly compelling.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Here's the money question: Is there a red construct weapon style pack in the shop? Because I would totally need construct weapons for ~my immersion~

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

WarLocke posted:

Here's the money question: Is there a red construct weapon style pack in the shop? Because I would totally need construct weapons for ~my immersion~

There's actually been a red set for a long time.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

WarLocke posted:

Yeah, there is. There's a blue, red, yellow and green.

And also they hosed up the time-travelling weapon pack so that it's red construct as well, because, y'know.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

WarLocke posted:

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Unf. Reinstalling now.

jerichojx
Oct 21, 2010
I am currently using the Red Light Weapons for Dual Wield. It sucks.

What looks good from the Red Light weapons?

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

jerichojx posted:

I am currently using the Red Light Weapons for Dual Wield. It sucks.

What looks good from the Red Light weapons?

I'm hoping the Red Energy Staff looks good, because the staff combos/animations are baller.

Or maybe the shield.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

WarLocke posted:

I'm hoping the Red Energy Staff looks good, because the staff combos/animations are baller.

Or maybe the shield.

http://dcuniverseonline.wikia.com/wiki/Red_Energy

Pictures there.

Shield looks cool. I would have preferred a plain staff, or something less like a mace at least.

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

jerichojx posted:

What's a good tanking weapon style? I am currently using Dual Wield and I find it really lackluster. I like Staff and Martial Arts and I didn't find One Hand particularly compelling.

Personally I'm partial to two-handed, perhaps just for thematic reasons, but it works well. Shield is great for almost any class.

whatspeakyou
Mar 3, 2010

no fucks given.
Just got my rage DPS to 30 last night. Name is Serrtan if you guys wanna do crap post-30. Not looking forward to slogging through CR, but I need to get to 84 for my red lantern gear. :colbert: I've been using hand blasters, but I would've so gone the bow if the drat arrows were red light too. Oh well. :smith:

whatspeakyou fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Jan 29, 2014

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Are we mostly playing villains still? The client just finished patching so I have to decide which side to go with.

And villain might work better if they ever introduce blue lanterns, because I can't see blue guys being villains...

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

whatspeakyou posted:

Just got my rage DPS to 30 last night. Name is Serrtan if you guys wanna do crap post-30. Not looking forward to slogging through CR, but I need to get to 84 for my red lantern gear. :colbert: I've been using hand blasters, but I would've so gone the bow if the drat arrows were red light too. Oh well. :smith:

Wait, I'm about to make my rage guy and was going bow. The arrows aren't red? That is kind of a deal killer. I guess rifle then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

WarLocke posted:

Are we mostly playing villains still? The client just finished patching so I have to decide which side to go with.

And villain might work better if they ever introduce blue lanterns, because I can't see blue guys being villains...

My current main is a celestial dps on the hero-side, though I have many others, obviously.

• Locked thread