Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

The ocean is calling and I must go

Adam West is the only Batman.

KirbyKhan posted:

GirlHair Talk: Have you guys ever tried going to a black girl salon and buying that good Indian hair? poo poo like weave, sewins, and extensions will transform whatever you were born with into something you want for 1-3 months.

A good weave is really expensive and they end up getting so tedious over time, but they can be amazing. Just choose your hair really wisely because having a bad weave will make you miserable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

Pick posted:

there was just a box in a little snow asteroid crater

time to hunt for snow dino bones

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

I like Batmam, but that's because he's got a really great rogues gallery and Batman: the Animated Series was the best thing.

Crow Jane posted:

I really like Saga, only read the first volume so far though. The art is gorgeous, and I adore Brian K. Vaughn.

I bought the first issue of the new Sandman prequel, but it's just been sitting on the shelf for a month. Haven't been in the mood, for some reason. I figure I'll collect the series though, because why not

I need to read Saga. I'll probably pick it up next time I'm at the comic store.

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012
Crow Jane I was going to ask for recommendations but you just threw them out there!

I don't read many comic books, but I did start on The Illegitimates because it's silly and I love Taran Killam.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
If you haven't read Y: The Last Man, read that. I wept at the end

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Hello fellow ladypeople. Did you ever watch Cardcaptors on the WB and then find out Cardcaptors was based on a comic and then gotten all excited? But then find out the comics were actually substantially worse and more confusing than the show?

shoe clubs

^ this guy turned into Julian Starr i remember this

In actuality every single CLAMP manga was terrible and the same.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

i cry at the end of nearly everything sad but yeah Y is vgood

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
*pat pat Enfys*

i am sorry that idiot is being deliberately antagonistic towards you for no reason exactly like the point you were making that he is contesting

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
Also, if anyone listens to far too much Britpop, read Phonogram

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

Pick posted:

*pat pat Enfys*

i am sorry that idiot is being deliberately antagonistic towards you for no reason exactly like the point you were making that he is contesting

There's a special kind of beauty in it

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Pick posted:

Didn't they eventually make this literally true by just dumping the entire contents of their highschool ringbinders + character rosters for all their other stories into a single book? Reservoir chronicle or something

e/ Cardcaptors was great until the sword kid showed up and tried to steal the spotlight, luckily not long after that CITV chose to poo poo the bed and start airing it from the beginning again :buddy:

Renaissance Robot fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Jan 31, 2014

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Renaissance Robot posted:

Didn't they eventually make this literally true by just dumping the entire contents of their highschool ringbinders + character rosters for all their other stories into a single book? Reservoir chronicle or something

that was well after my time, but i think so

i think there's something about how the juliann guy and the... sakura's sister guy are gay across time and space :waycool:

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

Torka posted:

nice av

death 2 tories

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE
I slept through the hair talk (drat this time difference) but my hair is awesome and I don't give a poo poo if you don't like it. Also, I get hit on a lot by hot girls so I must be pretty. :3: Also gently caress dudes who think they get a say. Clippers are awesome and I will never have long hair again. Also, short hair fits better under cosplay wigs.

Memorial service in 1 hour. I am nervous but my makeup looks good and I'm in my fancy uniform and everyone is doing double takes.

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

Debbie Metallica posted:

bad day

had too much coffee

going to go home and write for a while and do cool stuff like that.

You?

putting off doing research by posting on the internet, will later do research though

i promise

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
Haha feminism thread has gone retarded

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

Fruity Gordo posted:

i'd like to see how much crossover there is between batman fanbois in comic threads and people who masturbate in gip and cop threads

hey, i'm a fan of batman because he's hosed up

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

a travelling HEGEL posted:

hey, i'm a fan of batman because he's hosed up

dragon age 2 is the best batman game

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

Pick posted:

i liked tokyo babylon and the one that came after it, i forget its name

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

poopkitty posted:

I slept through the hair talk (drat this time difference) but my hair is awesome and I don't give a poo poo if you don't like it. Also, I get hit on a lot by hot girls so I must be pretty. :3: Also gently caress dudes who think they get a say. Clippers are awesome and I will never have long hair again. Also, short hair fits better under cosplay wigs.

Memorial service in 1 hour. I am nervous but my makeup looks good and I'm in my fancy uniform and everyone is doing double takes.
:glomp:

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Pick posted:

Hello fellow ladypeople. Did you ever watch Cardcaptors on the WB and then find out Cardcaptors was based on a comic and then gotten all excited? But then find out the comics were actually substantially worse and more confusing than the show? ]

I have the first few volumes of Cardcaptor Sakura (as well as a few in Japanese) and I don't find it any more confusing than the show.

The intro to the Japanese version of the show is also way batter than the American "Cardcaptors jingle".

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

Pick posted:

dragon age 2 is the best batman game

:mad:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

UnnaturalSELECTION posted:

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

ive never read anything clamp and i never will

i read one piece, teppu, attack on titan, and hunter x hunter (when its not on hiatus)

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

i liked tokyo babylon and the one that came after it, i forget its name

X1999?

Toke Babz was my first exposure to objectivism, i didn't bite but i wonder if anyone went full Rand over she.. sh.. sheshiro?

Pick fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Jan 31, 2014

bones jones
Jan 29, 2014

by Ralp
girls go to jupiter to get more stupider Fact or Fiction??

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

you seem cool, but i disagree with you here

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

Is this supposed to be a meditating kitty

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

Pick posted:

X1999?
X something, yeah

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

X something, yeah

xxxholic meanwhile was the one with spider arms

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Gone? It's always been retardedd

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

bones jones posted:

girls go to jupiter to get more stupider Fact or Fiction??

yo your legs in black chat thread are hot, a+ legs would peep again

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

a bunny lives in the yard!!

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

the point is he is a broken person fighting broken people, both he and the joker were traumatized children and rhey grew up to fight each other for eternity, they are the same person

Jesus I hate that interpretation so goddamn much.

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

boom boom boom posted:

Jesus I hate that interpretation so goddamn much.

ok

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
Oh nvm the kitty pic is a gif

bones jones
Jan 29, 2014

by Ralp

Fruity Gordo posted:

yo your legs in black chat thread are hot, a+ legs would peep again

I wish I owned those legs :(

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Enfys posted:

A good weave is really expensive and they end up getting so tedious over time, but they can be amazing. Just choose your hair really wisely because having a bad weave will make you miserable.

Cost cannot be overstated, especially for "that good Indian hair". But the results are amazing

Finding someone who can do it is an important factor as well. MY GIRLFRIEND got a bad weave when she had to move a new place and find a new hair person. It was emotionally traumatizing for her. I forget the cost of the initial appointment but just to undo the weave was like 90$. Best way to find someone is ask any black girl who's hair you like "Where did you get your hair did?".

spite house
Apr 28, 2009

Finding A New Hair Person is an excruciating process not unlike dating, it's one of those deals that dudes have no idea about

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

spite house posted:

Finding A New Hair Person is an excruciating process not unlike dating, it's one of those deals that dudes have no idea about

trust me girl, as a longhair I know how much of a pain in the rear end it is

• Locked thread