Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I wish I was that happy checking the mail.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

morestuff posted:

I wish this Mr. Smith Goes to Washington poster wasn't a limited run:

Holy poo poo, where do I buy this right the gently caress now?

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

Hatter106 posted:

I got this great Miami Connection poster...

But I can't seem to find a 27x40 inch poster frame (the cheap plexiglass ones). Most are 24x36.
Anyone know any chain stores that sell the larger frames?

If you have a Michaels or an AC Moore near you they'll for sure have them. If not you're gonna have to use their custom framing.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Vargo posted:

Holy poo poo, where do I buy this right the gently caress now?

Only if you've got $175 handy.

ShufflerZero
Mar 21, 2009

39: "Born to" part two: Born too
A lot of TV actors in these movies.

Born to be Wild - a bold look into the world of female-gorilla on male-human rape

Born to Ride - straight to the video store...

Born to Ride - ...on the same shelf as this one

Born to Fight - Olympic athletes defend a small village from para-military forces (no, really)

Also, this is a remake directed by the star of the original

Born to Lose - every part of your shirt except the sleeves, apparently

Born to Win - I get the feeling this is one of them 'ironic' titles I've been hearing so much about

Born to Defence - which also includes a lot of offence

Born to Kill - GTA VI

Born to Raise Hell - does holding a gun make people sleepy, or is it just Steven Seagal

Born to Run - around wearing the same jeans

Born to Race - none of these people look like Marc Singer

Born to Race - these people don't look like Marc Singer either. Is he even in this movie?

Born to be Sold - for a limited time, one free Linda Carter with every baby sold

Sheldrake
Jul 19, 2006

~pettin in the park~

Hatter106 posted:

But I can't seem to find a 27x40 inch poster frame (the cheap plexiglass ones). Most are 24x36.

If you want something nicer, too, Aaron Brothers Framing has a good variety of frames in that size.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW
I can't think of Richard Grieco without thinking about the Franco Roast with Bill Hader's Mr. Hollywood.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

gently caress Mondo. That Smith poster is one of their rare good ones, yet I'll never be able to afford it.

^ I was too young for the 21 jump street show so I just know Grieco from Night at the Roxbury and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNL1yvoVEWw. Still a great career.

Here's a cool poster I like

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

effectual posted:

Here's a cool poster I like

Like the movie itself, I always thought this was a cool concept for a poster, horribly botched in execution.

schwenz
Jun 20, 2003

Awful is only a word. The reality is much, much worse.
I guess Nickelodeon is showing re-runs of Full House or something? My daughter is completely hooked on the show, wherever it is running. I think her first crush is on John Stamos, which is really bizarre. When I was a kid all the girls had a crush on John Stamos and I hated that fucker. Now my daughter has a crush on John Stamos. Is this God giving me a chance to make an amends with John Stamos? Is he trying to tell me to track John Stamos down because I am meant to connect with John Stamos somehow? What are you trying to tell me John Stamos? I don't understand.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

schwenz posted:

I guess Nickelodeon is showing re-runs of Full House or something? My daughter is completely hooked on the show, wherever it is running. I think her first crush is on John Stamos, which is really bizarre. When I was a kid all the girls had a crush on John Stamos and I hated that fucker. Now my daughter has a crush on John Stamos. Is this God giving me a chance to make an amends with John Stamos? Is he trying to tell me to track John Stamos down because I am meant to connect with John Stamos somehow? What are you trying to tell me John Stamos? I don't understand.

Stamoooos!

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

schwenz posted:

He's great at cuddling

Sad lions
Sep 3, 2008

schwenz posted:

I think this means you're supposed to hate your daughter.
That Stamos is a hunk though.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

schwenz posted:

Is this God giving me a chance to make an amends with John Stamos?
That and "Kokomo" by The Beach Boys.

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

I been wantin to see a honkey dance.

Hatter106 posted:

Ikea has 27x40 frames for $25.

Nckdictator
Sep 8, 2006
Just..someone

This DVD cover is certainly a thing.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

It's like the cover is actively trying to dissuade the casual viewer from being misled by the cast list. "Yes we know we have some real honest-to-god talent in this movie. Trust me, you don't want none of what we've got going on in here."

Hewlett
Mar 4, 2005

"DANCE! DANCE! DANCE!"

Also, drink
and watch movies.
That's fun too.

Somehow the most egregious part of the cover art is that it thinks the name "Steven Lisberger" is going to be the bigger sell than "the director of 'Tron'".

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

Nckdictator posted:

This DVD cover is certainly a thing.

It's almost like they're challenging you to figure out who the blurry blonde guy with the crew cut is. I would have guessed Malcolm McDowell over any of the actors listed on the cover.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

He looks like what you'd get trying to make a Will Ferrell model for the video game Deus Ex.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
I was going to say, it looks like the cover for a late 90s videogame. One of those terrible FMV ones.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Hewlett posted:

Somehow the most egregious part of the cover art is that it thinks the name "Steven Lisberger" is going to be the bigger sell than "the director of 'Tron'".

I had to look up who Kitty Aldridge is. She's Mark Hamill's cop partner in the film and she's a relatively unknown British actress whose mostly known these days as being Mrs. Mark Knopfler of Dire Straits.

They neglect the lead role played by Bob Peck. Yes, Muldoon from Jurassic Park (or Craven from the original BBC Edge Of Darkness, if you're inclined)

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen
My VHS copy of Slipstream had this as the cover:

But please do not be fooled by the magnificent nasal hair artwork, compellingly crafted tagline, and heartfelt endorsements from true cinematic authorities.

It is a bad movie.

echoplex
Mar 5, 2008

Stainless Style
How big a role does Bob Peck have?

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

echoplex posted:

How big a role does Bob Peck have?

He's the lead character. He's actually more important to the film than Bill Paxton's character.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
Then it's worth a watch.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Young Freud posted:

They neglect the lead role played by Bob Peck. Yes, Muldoon from Jurassic Park (or Craven from the original BBC Edge Of Darkness, if you're inclined)

:aaa: I never realized they were the same actor.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Is that the one where Mark Hamill goes back in time and saves his mother, then watches himself get born but two versions of the same person can't exist simultaneously so baby him isn't breathing until he saves the day at which point he kind of dies and disappears and baby-him starts breathing?

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Lotish posted:

Is that the one where Mark Hamill goes back in time and saves his mother, then watches himself get born but two versions of the same person can't exist simultaneously so baby him isn't breathing until he saves the day at which point he kind of dies and disappears and baby-him starts breathing?

No, Slipstream is set in a post-apocalyptic ecological scenario where severe wind and weather have wrecked civilization as we know it. Civilization still exists, but outside of the surviving major cities, it's a very bush range scenario, where the only transportation is served by bush pilots and smugglers like Paxton's character. So, it's kinda like the first Mad Max film but with airplanes.

Peck's an android who killed his creator and is being hunted down by law enforcement officers Hamill and Aldridge. And, like all post-apocalyptic movies, there's primitives who view the winds of the Slipstream as a god, such as the ones led by Ben Kingsley, and isolated communities trying to preserve history, like F. Murray Abraham.

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever
e: wrong thread

Have a poster.

Criminal Minded fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Feb 10, 2014

Hewlett
Mar 4, 2005

"DANCE! DANCE! DANCE!"

Also, drink
and watch movies.
That's fun too.

Lotish posted:

I believe that's Time Runner, which is incredible for the mere fact that the first line of the film is "We're running out of time!"

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003
IS IT WRONG THAT I ONCE WROTE A HORROR STORY ABOUT THE BUDDIES? YOU KNOW, THE TALKING PUPPIES?
New poster for a new British horror movie.

I think I've seen it before.

Attention Horse
Jan 5, 2012

Yo man, you are out of step with Imhotep!
Ok, this is awesome:

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

Attention Horse posted:

Ok, this is awesome:

It bugs me that the title gets cut off, but otherwise I like it too.

Irisi
Feb 18, 2009

Attention Horse posted:

Ok, this is awesome:

That's beautiful.

Got very high hopes for this film. The trailer is...disquieting.

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006

Irisi posted:

That's beautiful.

Got very high hopes for this film. The trailer is...disquieting.

Doctor Bishop
Oct 22, 2013

To understand what happened at the diner, we use Mr. Papaya. This is upsetting because he is the friendliest of fruits.

Huh, so Ben Kingsley is half-goblin. Whodathunkit? :orks101:

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

I'm seeing Rod Serling interrupting Ali G and Patrick Swayze.

Arkane
Dec 19, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Mondo poster for Vertigo:

Really disappointed I wasn't able to nab one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

Arkane posted:

Mondo poster for Vertigo:

Really disappointed I wasn't able to nab one.

Love the colors, at the very least.