Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

The Bills cut Kevin Kolb.
http://www.buffalobills.com/
Also, Dan Carpenter resigned with us. Just look at that.
I needed to share this because it's hilarious in a sad sort of way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

FizFashizzle posted:

Oh cool are we crowning people in March now?

Where's all my Eagles Super Bowl hats....

Right next to all of the "Washington Redskins: Offseason Champions" swag.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

FizFashizzle posted:

Oh cool are we crowning people in March now?

Where's all my Eagles Super Bowl hats....
Hey now, watch out for us this year, we've got a starting safety tandem of Nate Allen and Malcolm Jenkins :henget:

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Austin Howard for 5/$30m with $15m guaranteed.

DupaDupa
May 21, 2009

I'm Samurai Mike
I stop 'em cold.

Winkie01 posted:

IanKenyonNFL
The $765 mil in concussion settlement was to go towards 18,000+ former players. The $1 bil spent today? Under 100 current players.

:stare: God drat why did those idiots agree to that settlement

So the former players suffering right now would actually be able to pay for treatment.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
That's more money than they offered Veldheer

Something is seriously wrong

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Watson looked fantastic at LT considering his circumstances, but he got injured 3 separate times and was healthy for about a game. Still need a guard that can at least compete at the right side, but that should be a priority for the draft. Su'a filo would have this o line looking pretty up until the first wave of injuries. Also we kind of need a running back.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Volkerball posted:

Also we kind of need a running back.

No worries, we resigned McFadHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

Latavius Murray will be the next Bo.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?

FizFashizzle posted:

Did I miss anything?

The Falcons got Paul Soliai and Tyson Jackson. The Bucs got Alterraun Verner (admittedly at the cost of Revis) and Michael Johnson. The Saints inexplicably got Jairus Byrd. The Panthers had another lineman retire and I guess are going to release Steve Smith at some point, signing nobody.

Hell.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Howard is a pretty solid run blocking tackle but I'd take Strief over him without any pause.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.

Lance of Llanwyln posted:

The Bills cut Kevin Kolb.
http://www.buffalobills.com/
Also, Dan Carpenter resigned with us. Just look at that.
I needed to share this because it's hilarious in a sad sort of way.

Kolb is still suffering from his concussion.

Carpenter had a career year and has an amazing haircut.

I don't really feel too bad about Byrd leaving. He's getting stupid money from the Saints and the 5 games he missed this season had alright coverage from the 2nd stringers. I'm happy with what he was offered.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Why did the Falcons get Tyson Jackson? What's he going to play?

Also I trained him at Crossfit Atlanta so maybe he will let me hold one of his bottles of Cristal.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10477666/kerry-rhodes-believe-was-blacklisted

Is there any chance at all that a reasonable team gives Rhodes a one year prove it deal?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

MAO TSE-TUNGACUNT posted:

a possibility of Revis a Pat, MJD a Jet

This day rules and also:

TBH I really hate the fact that you agree with me on this. I want to be wrong :(

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Ozu posted:

Howard is a pretty solid run blocking tackle but I'd take Strief over him without any pause.

You're getting Gacomini because gently caress Idzik and woody.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

The Puppy Bowl posted:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10477666/kerry-rhodes-believe-was-blacklisted

Is there any chance at all that a reasonable team gives Rhodes a one year prove it deal?

The Panthers better loving do it.

I never want to see Charles Godfrey again.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

zimbomonkey posted:

The Falcons got Paul Soliai and Tyson Jackson. The Bucs got Alterraun Verner (admittedly at the cost of Revis) and Michael Johnson. The Saints inexplicably got Jairus Byrd. The Panthers had another lineman retire and I guess are going to release Steve Smith at some point, signing nobody.

Hell.

None of those things reverse their fortunes last year. Panthers are bleeding players but this time .last year we were all expecting Rivera fired two weeks in. Let teams blow their loads early gettleman will find some turds to polish later.

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

FizFashizzle posted:

Why did the Falcons get Tyson Jackson?
Scott Pioli :unsmigghh:

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
I'm actually really glad the Redskins didn't try and go all out on day one. They're not serious contenders until they can draft again, and keeping Perry Riley and getting a promising young receiver in Roberts is a good way to get started. And if Carlos Rogers comes back, he'd be an immediate upgrade in the secondary for a couple of years until there's a long term plan. I don't know much about that guard from the Browns but he's probably better than the ones they had last year. It looks like Gruden and Allen are aware that there needs to be some work done with the roster and are doing it prudently rather than the classic Offseason Champs route.

Santana Moss sucks now but at least he's not gonna be a top target anymore.

BlindSite posted:

None of those things reverse their fortunes last year. Panthers are bleeding players but this time .last year we were all expecting Rivera fired two weeks in. Let teams blow their loads early gettleman will find some turds to polish later.

When's it going to be possible to get rid of those heinous RB contracts? Seriously of all of Hurney's dumbass moves that's a doozy.

shiksa fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Mar 12, 2014

ebg
Mar 31, 2008

Intruder posted:

TBH I really hate the fact that you agree with me on this. I want to be wrong :(

allow me a summer of terrible baseball sadness and I might turn back into Pollyanna

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Bears are in on Justin Tuck, but most of the beat guys think he resigns with NYG.

Aniki
Mar 21, 2001

Wouldn't fit...
I'm curious to see what the Vikings will do now at corner. Verner's deal was surprisingly reasonable. This could explain why Verner didn't get what he had anticipated on the open market:

quote:

Verner only got $26 million over four years (with $14 million guaranteed), which might reflect some teams' apprehension about putting him in a man coverage scheme. The Titans had used man coverage more often early last season, but Verner's best work there had been as a zone corner, and teams that plan to play a good chunk of man coverage -- like the Vikings now do -- might have decided Verner wasn't their best fit. That won't be a problem in Tampa, where the Buccaneers will lean heavily on the Cover-2 scheme used by Frazier and head coach Lovie Smith in their previous stops. But it does leave the Vikings still looking elsewhere for a corner.

http://espn.go.com/blog/minnesota-vikings/post/_/id/5399/assessing-the-vikings-cornerback-options?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

I still would have liked to have added on of the tier 1 corners, but the Joseph signing does soften the blow, since NT is a critical position in Zimmer's defense and the Vikings had never adequately replaced Pat Williams. Going back to corners, I'm not sure who they should target in the 2nd wave. There are two lines of thinking, they could go after a good slot corner like Munnerlyn or Porter, since nickelbacks are basically starters at this point or they could go after a young, cheap corner who think projects well to their scheme. I honestly wouldn't mind signing someone like Munnerlyn to play the slot and then drafting Gilbert at 8, provided that Mack and the top 3 QBs are off of the board.

Linebacker is still an area that needs attention. I'm hoping that they'll be able to go after Rey and target some additional help at linebacker in the draft. A lot will come down to what Zimmer and Edwards think of Hodges, Cole, and Mauti, but it feels like they still need some pass rush at linebacker. The other big issue issue is that they have no depth along the DL at this stage, so while I like their starters, they'll need to spend a couple picks on DL in the draft and likely make that a priority area when pursuing rookie free agents.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Paperback Writer posted:

Latavius Murray will be the next Bo.

He'd have to be at his height. Might as well put Pryor at running back.

nrr
Jan 2, 2007

Woah the saints gave Byrd how much? Pretty glad the eagles didn't chase him that far. What's the plan for the other safety though, they're just going to end up resigning Nate Allen when nobody else wants him aren't they

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Yeah, pretty much locked into Allen at this point. We didn't sign any big pass rushers either, so it looks like the draft has no chance of saving us with an upside safety.

nrr
Jan 2, 2007

Not yet anyway, but the fat lady hasn't sung yet. Anyway, weren't we supposed to be looking at Ware? I almost don't even care if he's done and he sucks, Ware on the eagles would be loving hilarious.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

nrr posted:

Not yet anyway, but the fat lady hasn't sung yet. Anyway, weren't we supposed to be looking at Ware? I almost don't even care if he's done and he sucks, Ware on the eagles would be loving hilarious.
I really want to see how Cowboys fans on twitter misspell traitor because I feel like it will be different from how Pats fans do it

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
IIRC from Adalius Thomas Ravens fans say "trador".

Disillusionist
Sep 19, 2007
The sad thing is, people spell it "trader" and think they're correct because the person is "trading" their allegiance. It would be one thing if it were just a typo, but nope.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I guess the only thing to hope for is they use Jenkins to better disguise plays (?) since he can play corner, but really, he's apparently worse at tackling people in the open field than Nate Allen has been, and that's probably the absolute worst aspect of our defense.

If we grab Ware I'll be fairly upset since it's pretty obvious he's over the hill, I'd be a lot happier if they grabbed say Antonio Smith or something. Seems like the decent pass rushers are all taken at this point :smith:

Verisimillipede
Jul 17, 2006

Disillusionist posted:

The sad thing is, people spell it "trader" and think they're correct because the person is "trading" their allegiance. It would be one thing if it were just a typo, but nope.

Please tell me this a internet thing and not that the people you know are massive retards

Disillusionist
Sep 19, 2007

anime gently caress pillow posted:

I guess the only thing to hope for is they use Jenkins to better disguise plays (?) since he can play corner, but really, he's apparently worse at tackling people in the open field than Nate Allen has been, and that's probably the absolute worst aspect of our defense.

If we grab Ware I'll be fairly upset since it's pretty obvious he's over the hill, I'd be a lot happier if they grabbed say Antonio Smith or something. Seems like the decent pass rushers are all taken at this point :smith:

Ware and Smith are the same age. Ware has almost 3x the career sacks as Smith (I know they play different positions). Ware is old but I'm pretty sure he's going to give you more than Antonio Smith.

Robert Mathis at 33 led the NFL in sacks. If Ware stays healthy he can bounce back.

DupaDupa
May 21, 2009

I'm Samurai Mike
I stop 'em cold.

Disillusionist posted:

I'd think the rationalization would just be as simple as, "sounds sounds right, spell check didn't mark it."

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Yeah, but Ware will probably cost double what Smith will cost while Smith will still improve our ailing pass rush.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
"Day traitors"

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

anime gently caress pillow posted:

Yeah, but Ware will probably cost double what Smith will cost while Smith will still improve our ailing pass rush.
Now you're thinking like a Roseman *wink*

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

LiquidFriend posted:

"Man Denver sure has been making some moves. Lets see what the Chiefs have done in response."

Oh :smith:

The last time Andy Reid went big in free agency he (reportedly) hated the moves and then we got burned hard by Samuel, Asomugha, DRC, etc. Come to think of it, all the big name free agency stuff Reid did here in Philly usually was a disaster, he's probably sworn off it!

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Quest For Glory II posted:

Now you're thinking like a Roseman *wink*

I almost posted something along those lines, but at this point, why should we sign an over the hill diva over someone more solid and cheap? The latter makes it so that next year, when we're inevitably in the same position, we have another chance and perhaps don't gently caress it up. This draft, iirc, has some great pass rush talent as is, and we don't really have any options left to fix S further, so why not?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Asproigerosis posted:

The last time Andy Reid went big in free agency he (reportedly) hated the moves and then we got burned hard by Samuel, Asomugha, DRC, etc. Come to think of it, all the big name free agency stuff Reid did here in Philly usually was a disaster, he's probably sworn off it!

TO was good for a year until he started to TO all over the place

• Locked thread