Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

chrisf posted:

Size upgraded to 9 max.

In, name Dinger Machine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
There's a cooldown on rejoining after leaving, shoulda anticipated that. Oh, well, go get 'em, Koop!

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Not supposed to be here today

Hogama posted:

There's a cooldown on rejoining after leaving, shoulda anticipated that. Oh, well, go get 'em, Koop!

How long is it?

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Wouldn't tell me; I couldn't find it in a search, either. Message was just "You recently left this alliance. Try joining again later."

Rauthane
Dec 23, 2001
goat!
If someone adds a slot I can jump in and add one as well.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
Your generosity has touched me. I have purchased two slots.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Puweyxil
Oct 19, 2001
I like to eat cheese.
Dinosaur Gum
I hate this game, but can't stop playing.

I snuck into one of CaptainScraps newly purchased slots in Pizza Dog (and can purchase another slot).

Edit: Upgraded to 12.

Puweyxil fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Mar 15, 2014

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006

Puweyxil posted:

I hate this game, but can't stop playing.

I snuck into one of CaptainScraps newly purchased slots in Pizza Dog (and can purchase another slot).
Promoted.

Rauthane posted:

If someone adds a slot I can jump in and add one as well.
Please no one other than Rauthane take the last slot, unless they are also buying another.

Edit: Puweyxil is fast, there are 2 now.

Rauthane
Dec 23, 2001
goat!
Ok I'm in. Promote me and we'll get another slot.

*Added slot 13

Rauthane fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Mar 15, 2014

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006

Rauthane posted:

Ok I'm in. Promote me and we'll get another slot.

Done.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Oops, missed that the cost per slot rises the more members you get. I'll leave to make room for someone who can buy a slot.

Rauthane
Dec 23, 2001
goat!
I bought you a slot, feel free to stay.

Infinite Karma
Oct 23, 2004
Good as dead

Just joined Pizza Dog here (is there any way to change your name, by the way?). I can't buy a slot now, but I'll pay it forward when I can.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Rauthane posted:

I bought you a slot, feel free to stay.

Oh cool, thanks. I'm in good shape cover slots-wise so I'll bank HP toward one over time.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Made it back in at 14/14. Looks like it's somewhere from half an hour to an hour cooldown to rejoin (I had joined and left again earlier to allow for slot expansion.)

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
How much does it cost to up an alliance? In theory if we got us all together, we'd be able to consistently place high enough to expand/pay it off.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

How much does it cost to buy a slot now? I'd be happy to pay my way into Pizza Dog.

Rauthane
Dec 23, 2001
goat!
We're sitting at 14 slots now, it will cost 1500 for a new one but someone in the alliance has to buy that slot to open it up for someone to join.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
I made an alliance called Legion Of GOON if anybody wants to join.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Rauthane posted:

We're sitting at 14 slots now, it will cost 1500 for a new one but someone in the alliance has to buy that slot to open it up for someone to join.

There's no way to pool our resources to pay, right? I can't buy a whole slot but I'd be happy to chip in what I could to make up for my freeloading.

ZMONEY
Mar 28, 2010

Happy Bear Suit posted:

Hey everyone, I made a new alliance called AgentsOfGOON. I play a ton so come join me and let's win fabulous prizes together!

Lurker in as Zaurin, hopefully my feeble roster is helpful

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Pfft, managed to miss the pizza dog opportunity. Oh well, I wouldn't be much help, I am playing this game quite a bit less lately.

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi
I don't know what happened. I stopped playing a while back (during the Ares events, I think?) and came back to 18k in ISO. Did something change/were rewards given out, or did I luck out?

schwein11
Oct 13, 2009

Call Me Charlie posted:

Joined this.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Rauthane posted:

I can pay that if someone wants to play musical chairs with slots.

Moon Man
Mar 31, 2006

The Moon, for Christ's Sake
If I create a private alliance, does that mean I have to invite my own members? or do people need a password or something?

Even if it's not private, do I still get to decide who joins? Because I want to limit my members to my friend who plays, and some goons who are interested

John Mirra
Dec 18, 2005

I've created an alliance named G.O.O.N. (period at the end) if there's any stragglers looking for a home.

ChazAshley
Dec 16, 2003
Y'arrr
I'm looking to get in on a big alliance *ahem, pizza dog*. I don't have the 1,500 to buy a new slot, but I am drat close. Anyone care to front a poor goon?

Scob
Jul 17, 2005

Anyone have room for me in thier alliance? Im not going to pay money for the game or buy any slots for the forseeable future or try hard in tournaments quite frankly so looking for something casual or I might just create an alliance if there is enough :effort: players without a home.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

Moon Man posted:

If I create a private alliance, does that mean I have to invite my own members? or do people need a password or something?

Even if it's not private, do I still get to decide who joins? Because I want to limit my members to my friend who plays, and some goons who are interested

You can kick randoms that join.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006

Infinite Karma posted:

Just joined Pizza Dog here (is there any way to change your name, by the way?). I can't buy a slot now, but I'll pay it forward when I can.

I assume you're Brucie Beetle, then? Just making a vague effort to make sure everyone's actually from this thread rather than some random guy jumping into a big alliance.

Moon Man
Mar 31, 2006

The Moon, for Christ's Sake
Well, I just made a private alliance called Wailing Fungus. If you want to join, just send a request along with your Something Awful Goon name.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
I don't have HP to contribute at the moment (I'll promise to buy a slot as soon as I can) but I can at least say I've placed in the 2-5 bracket for the last 7 tournaments. Also within rank 200 of The Hulk if that says anything about my unhealthy dedication to this game. Anyone in Pizza Dog want to sponsor me??

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Call Me Charlie posted:

Got in here. Not sure what I'm doing, but there we are.

ChazAshley
Dec 16, 2003
Y'arrr
Am I the only one that feels like a total whore trying to track down a half-decent alliance? I hate that they've basically become mandatory.

"Hi, I'm a daily player, I always place in the top 10, my measurements are 36-24-36 and I'm willing to flirt with all male alliance members."

Helion
Apr 28, 2008

John Mirra posted:

I've created an alliance named G.O.O.N. (period at the end) if there's any stragglers looking for a home.

I joined- I'm Mark L.

Scob
Jul 17, 2005

John Mirra posted:

I joined up, if you wanna kick me I wont be mad haha.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Added myself to G.O.O.N. as opertruc

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Okay, I suppose I'd better start maintaining a list of active goon alliances in the op. And uh, what the current size upgrade costs are? Post here or pm me to get your alliance in the op.

Pizza Dog 14/14 1500hp next upgrade
G.O.O.N. ? ?
Legion of Goon ? ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Whale
Apr 9, 2009

Ghostlight posted:

How much does it cost to buy a slot now? I'd be happy to pay my way into Pizza Dog.

If you're ok with paying slighter more for a slot I can chip in my part to get you in.