Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

SynthOrange posted:

Okay, I suppose I'd better start maintaining a list of active goon alliances in the op. And uh, what the current size upgrade costs are? Post here or pm me to get your alliance in the op.

Pizza Dog 14/14 1500hp next upgrade
G.O.O.N. ? ?
Legion of Goon ? ?

Legion Of GOON is already to 5/5

Does it only cost hp for members to upgrade the alliance? Because on my end, it's saying something ridiculous like expand your membership to 6 for 600 hero points.

Or can I make everybody a commander and gain member slots that way?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Call Me Charlie posted:

Or can I make everybody a commander and gain member slots that way?

That's what Pizza Dog's been doing. Everyone joining expanded their slots. I just had a whole pile of hp I was sitting on.

Happy Bear Suit
Jul 21, 2004

AgentsOfGOON 5/5 600hp next upgrade

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I think I'm in AgentsOfGOON? Anyways I can spare 2k HP for Alliance Slots, if we want to make it the next buncha-member Goon Alliance.

Happy Bear Suit
Jul 21, 2004

Yeah I got some HP stashed up. If there's any interest in taking AgentsOfGOON to the next level and you're committed to joining post your in-game name and I'll open up some new slots.

Friendly Fire
Dec 29, 2004
All my friends got me for my birthday was this stupid custom title. Fuck my friends.

Happy Bear Suit posted:

Yeah I got some HP stashed up. If there's any interest in taking AgentsOfGOON to the next level and you're committed to joining post your in-game name and I'll open up some new slots.

I'm up for this. In game name is Denial.

Happy Bear Suit
Jul 21, 2004

Friendly Fire posted:

I'm up for this. In game name is Denial.
New slot opened for you.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I also opened a slot just in case.

Friendly Fire
Dec 29, 2004
All my friends got me for my birthday was this stupid custom title. Fuck my friends.

Happy Bear Suit posted:

New slot opened for you.

Cheers. I wonder if the points I had already gained are counted towards the new or the old alliance.

Ozmodai
May 6, 2007

I hate when my sisters barges in and I'm trying to shade the nipples on my Daemonettes UGH GET OUT

Happy Bear Suit posted:

I'm interested. My in-game name is also Ozmodai

edit: saw there was space and I joined.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

GeckoMissingo posted:

If you're ok with paying slighter more for a slot I can chip in my part to get you in.
Yeah, I have 1600hp that I'm not saving for anything.

herakles
Jan 17, 2009

John Mirra posted:

I've created an alliance named G.O.O.N. (period at the end) if there's any stragglers looking for a home.

I just joined. Yay, alliances! Presumably they do something!

Gregorio
Aug 9, 2010

John Mirra posted:

I've created an alliance named G.O.O.N. (period at the end) if there's any stragglers looking for a home.

Since nobody owned up to that other Goony sounding group I'm in as Grewhorio.

Happy Bear Suit
Jul 21, 2004

Nice we got the ball rolling now!

AgentsOfGOON 7/7 800hp next upgrade

I also promoted some of you.

Friendly Fire
Dec 29, 2004

herakles posted:

I just joined. Yay, alliances! Presumably they do something!

There are now alliance rankings in PvP with associated rewards. It's unclear if this will be in PvE as well but it is likely there will be something there for alliances too.

Did anyone else notice that the progression reward at 500 points has switched from 50 HP to 500 iso. I'm a little bummed about it as to gain the same amount of HP as before, your alliance needs to come top 250.

scaevola
Jan 25, 2011
E: n/m

scaevola fucked around with this message at 11:58 on Mar 15, 2014

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's top 2500, not 250, which seems pretty doable. I mean, if you were consistently getting 500 points for the 50 HP, then your alliance should probably be able to get into top 2500. Are there even 2500 Alliances in the game yet?

Friendly Fire
Dec 29, 2004

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

It's top 2500, not 250, which seems pretty doable. I mean, if you were consistently getting 500 points for the 50 HP, then your alliance should probably be able to get into top 2500. Are there even 2500 Alliances in the game yet?

Oops, yeah, missed a zero there. It does look like points for alliance rankings are just the members points added together. Bigger is definitely better.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm hoping it's the sum of the top 5 scores of the alliance, which would sorta make it more even for people who don't have the cash to spend on 20/20 alliances. It would still give larger alliances a benefit (bigger pool), but still allow regular alliances to have a chance at a top spot.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

I'm hoping it's the sum of the top 5 scores of the alliance, which would sorta make it more even for people who don't have the cash to spend on 20/20 alliances. It would still give larger alliances a benefit (bigger pool), but still allow regular alliances to have a chance at a top spot.

Haha, no. The point of the alliances is to for people to spend more time (because they will be pressured by the other members to do well) and HP in the game.

avantgardener
Sep 16, 2003

Rauthane posted:

We're sitting at 14 slots now, it will cost 1500 for a new one but someone in the alliance has to buy that slot to open it up for someone to join.

I'm happy to buy a slot in the mighty pizza dogs if someone lets me in.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.

GTO posted:

I'm happy to buy a slot in the mighty pizza dogs if someone lets me in.

Yup. Same here.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
Same. Sorry about abandoning my other group, but I think I gotta get in on the :bandwagon:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Okay, but I'd better be able to get back in when the rejoin timer expires! Get your buttons and HP ready.

Wait hang on, that wont work if no other commanders are online to promote. Sorry Brucie Beetle, you're the only non-commander in here, I'll kick you out temporarily, invite a few people in then they'll expand the slots. Rejoin when everyone's in.

Friendly Fire
Dec 29, 2004
I just opened an 8th spot in AgentsOfGOON if anyone wants in.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
My name is DougieGrey on this.

EDIT
Aight, now make me a commander and I'll buy the next slot. Or maybe two. Depending on cost.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Okay GTO, Fat Samurai, VSM, get in and I'll promote.

edit: Dougie, you're promoted!

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
Bitchin'. To celebrate Goon Love (best love) I bought two more slots.

fezball
Nov 8, 2009

Veryslightlymad posted:

Bitchin'. To celebrate Goon Love (best love) I bought two more slots.

I'll help myself to one of those then while there's still room (and get another one as soon as I get promoted).

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

We may very shortly be coming up to the alliance cap. :eyepop:

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

SynthOrange posted:

We may very shortly be coming up to the alliance cap. :eyepop:

There's a cap? That's probably sane. I was hoping for endless 1st place finishes. That 500 HP a pop is tasty looking.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

fezball posted:

I'll help myself to one of those then while there's still room (and get another one as soon as I get promoted).

Welp, missed my chance. 16/16. Still interested.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I saw a slot and stole it. throw me commander and i'll grab a new one.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Who is Gestalt? I just promoted fez. Stay awake FatSam.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Gestalt is me.

fezball
Nov 8, 2009

Fat Samurai posted:

Welp, missed my chance. 16/16. Still interested.

New slot added, go for it.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Okay Gestalt is promoted. We're at 17. :ohdear: I'd kind of feel bad for Brucie kicking him out to make room for this cascade of slots, but well... we're almost at 20. :woop:

Also going to make a huge leap and assume that Fat Samurai is Fat Samurai.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

SynthOrange posted:

Also going to make a huge leap and assume that Fat Samurai is Fat Samurai.

You are right!

fezball posted:

New slot added, go for it.

Ok, done. Promote me and I'll spread the love.

EDIT: And done. 17/18

Fat Samurai fucked around with this message at 11:45 on Mar 15, 2014

Friendly Fire
Dec 29, 2004

Veryslightlymad posted:

There's a cap? That's probably sane. I was hoping for endless 1st place finishes. That 500 HP a pop is tasty looking.

Cap is 20.

AgentsOfGOON is at 7/8 with 900 for the next slot if anyone wants it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JimmyT64
Oct 27, 2007
I'm Special!
Joined AgentsOfGOON, can buy another slot if someone promotes me!

Same username.