Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Mister Fister posted:

Just realized it's going to be a really awkward training camp for Tom when none of his receivers are going to be able to get open.
So it'll be like last year then

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

excidium posted:

No news on Emmanuel Sanders leaving KC yet, so I guess that's good. Being the last real speed guy available in FA I'd really like the Chiefs to work something out with him.
He left for SF.

Aniki
Mar 21, 2001

Wouldn't fit...
The Vikings re-signed Charlie Johnson for 2 years $5 million, which I think is a bad move. He was their worst offensive lineman last year and he puts added pressure on Kalil and Sullivan to cover for his poor pass protection. Spielman did say that he intended to address the OL in the draft, so maybe they'll draft someone better that they can plug in at LG, but I was really hoping that they'd dump Johnson and move on.

http://www.kfan.com/onair/vikings-blog-38526/vikings-sign-g-charlie-johnson-to-12158792/

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Things I never thought I'd say: As of right now, I'm more excited about the Saints defense than offense this year.

smuggler
Apr 23, 2007
INSULTING THE PACKERS IS NOT AGAINST FORUM RULES, MORON

Big Beef City posted:

Packer execs who go elsewhere flounder. TT really is THAT good apparently. Peppers could fail entirely, have no sacks, do nothing at all, and the Packers are STILL sticking it to a division rival. It's almost incredible.

The Bears stuck it to themselves when the signed him originally. The Packers are not a factor in that equation. He's a semi-decent, but aging player, that they took a shot on. I very much doubt the fact that he used to play for the Bears was a consideration.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

smuggler posted:

The Bears stuck it to themselves when the signed him originally. The Packers are not a factor in that equation. He's a semi-decent, but aging player, that they took a shot on. I very much doubt the fact that he used to play for the Bears was a consideration.

They didn't stick it to themselves.

They knew going in that unless he was putting up Madden numbers that he would never see the last years of that contract. People were literally saying when he was still a great player that the Bears would have to cut him this year.

They got 3ish years of Peppers essentially carrying an defensive line and making everyone else look better.

I would do that contract 9 out of 10 times.

TheBuckmister
Oct 18, 2008
Has anyone seen contract details for Edelman? I'm assuming they just aren't out yet because I can't find anything, but I'm really curious to see what he got given how his negotiations played out.

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Someone needs to stop this! Sherman has lost his mind! Peyton is completely unable to defend himself out there!

Vhak lord of hate posted:

Large man 4 TE lineup with Finley occasionally acting as a 6'5" WR. When Wilson throws off it's usually over, having our entire offense be giants can fix that problem.

Yeah, I'd agree that there's still a place for Finley. Willson is a good blocker, but it's still obvious they don't relish using him as a receiving target. Being able to line up two good, pass-catching TE's would be great for this offense, especially after losing our big target in Rice. If they can get him on the cheap, I'd love the signing. Assuming he's recovered from his injury, he has the potential to be a great player.

Big Beef City posted:

Packer execs who go elsewhere flounder. TT really is THAT good apparently. Peppers could fail entirely, have no sacks, do nothing at all, and the Packers are STILL sticking it to a division rival. It's almost incredible.

John Schneider sure isn't floundering :smug:

Schwack fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Mar 16, 2014

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
So um, really, who is Cam Newton going to throw to this season?

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

The opposing defense

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Big Beef City posted:

Amazing.

loving amazing.

The Chiefs went 11-5 last year, so I really wouldn't consider John Dorsey to be failing.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

So um, really, who is Cam Newton going to throw to this season?

himself

PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo
Cam might rush for 2000 yards this year.

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.
It is going to be amazing when the Panthers sucking again is because "Cam is immature"

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000

Ribsauce posted:

It is going to be amazing when the Panthers sucking again is because "Cam is immature"

Cam could win the Superbowl, put a towel over his head postgame, and headlines would be "Did Cam not respect the Lombardi after his win?"

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Do the Panthers not realize that they have a top 3 defense and a top 10 QB? They are a piece away from a deep run. Or were.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
I assume that the Panthers will draft a WR in the second round, complement him with some castoffs and scabs, and wonder why Cam's not producing.

Wesley Walker
Nov 12, 2006

StarcraftM posted:

Keep Vince(A 2 year restructure where he gets a little less this year but adds another year guaranteed makes too much sense not to get done), get a FA Center, and find some value to add at the WR position (Kenny Britt?) and I'll call this that, easily.

quote:

@RapSheet: WR Kenny Britt, who visited the #Rams today, is heading to New England to visit the #Patriots tomorrow, source says.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Whose Kenny Britt?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Whose Kenny Britt?

The Aqib Talib of WR's.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Kalli posted:

The Aqib Talib of WR's.

I just looked it up, he's a Rutgers guy! No way Bill doesn't sign him.

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!
I am under the impression that Britt is trash, am I mistaken

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Homestar Runner posted:

NFL.com Fantasy Week 17 posted:

With Justin Hunter inactive last week, Britt got a rare chance to produce, but he is back on the bench Sunday, continuing what has been a lost season for the talented receiver.

Heh.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
Welp, Jets are gonna miss out on DRC too. They wanted to have a deal with DRC today.

Mehta posted:

Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN 14m
Free-agent CB Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie is visiting Giants tomorrow after spending today with Jets, per source. #nyj

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Looks like as of now, DRC left the Jets without a contract. Visiting the Giants tomorrow.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Ozu posted:

Looks like as of now, DRC left the Jets without a contract. Visiting the Giants tomorrow.

You might be more optimistic than I am. That's not good news.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

well uh, doesn't that mean walking down the hallway to their office?

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Giants are in East Rutherford, Jets are in Florham Park.

Professor Funk posted:

You might be more optimistic than I am. That's not good news.
I'm sure it means Idzik has a number that he's not deviating from and he's using the Giants as leverage. The offer DRC turned down from Denver was essentially 3/$24m with a couple dummy years tacked on so maybe he's looking for significantly more.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Homestar Runner posted:

Britt had a few seasons where he played well before his career tanked from a combination of drops, arrests, suspensions and a torn ACL. Best case scenario he's a solid #2. More likely scenario he struggles to even earn a starting spot wherever he's signed. If I were him I'd aim low, find a team that is desperate for wideouts so he can get a chance to earn a real contract again next season. He should be talking to Carolina.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Mar 16, 2014

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Homestar Runner posted:

Talented but very stupid in ways that get you in trouble is the general gist I think.

e:fb, but yeah the Jags or Pats seem like his best chance to try to put his career back together if he's interested.

Well hell I forgot about the Edelman news, although having other people to catch the ball (as long as there aren't too many) might end up helping him

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Mar 16, 2014

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Petey posted:

Pretty happy that Edelman is back. If we can keep Vince this will be one of the best offseasons for the Pats since...2007?

Yeah, I'm really pleased he's back. I've been following the signings mostly to see if I needed to get depressed he was leaving. Not just so Brady has someone who can catch (though that's big), but he's one of the players I just enjoy watching

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
He's been arrested eight times since being drafted. A selection...

- Outstanding traffic warrants for false statements on his driver's license application.

- Ticket for driving without a license.

- Lawsuit over his alleged role in a Nashville bar fight.

- Arrest after a car chase.

- Charges for resisting arrest after police confronted him over what they thought was marijuana possession.

- Arrested for DUI (later found not guilty).

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Well their might be traffic on Rt. 10.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Ozu posted:

Giants are in East Rutherford, Jets are in Florham Park.
I'm sure it means Idzik has a number that he's not deviating from and he's using the Giants as leverage. The offer DRC turned down from Denver was essentially 3/$24m with a couple dummy years tacked on so maybe he's looking for significantly more.

Oh yeah, I'm sure Idzik is the kind of guy that rarely breaks down and bids higher than he wants to. I'm just saying I think DRC is an integral part to a successful free agency at this point, and adding him would make making the Jets a playoff team next year a more reachable goal.

And yeah, Mehta basically confirms our suspicions. I admire that Idzik sticks to his guns but I think this is one of those situations where you overpay a little bit to fill a (desperate) need. Let's see how it plays out.

quote:

Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN 20m
Jets could have locked up Rodgers-Cromartie today if price was right. As @AdamSchefter reported earlier, DRC decided 2 visit Giants Sun #nyj

Professor Funk fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Mar 16, 2014

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

Ribsauce posted:

You have to raise the level of talent around you, with leadership and intangibles,

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!
Decker replacement plan

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 20s
Neither team nor player's agent will confirm, but Broncos are expected to sign former Steelers WR Emmauel Sanders, per league sources.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

gently caress you Denver

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Homestar Runner posted:

Decker replacement plan

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 20s
Neither team nor player's agent will confirm, but Broncos are expected to sign former Steelers WR Emmauel Sanders, per league sources.

Dang

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Is it 2015 yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Cromartie is more than likely going to the Cardinals.

• Locked thread