Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

LiquidFriend posted:

I'd like to see how Denver didn't know about this. :shobon:

That's the account of a Chiefs fan group, sounds about as reliable as Incarcerated Rob, Bob's knockoff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

FizFashizzle posted:

I saw the Taj Mahal this weekend.

It's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. Photos can't do it justice. Every angle is incredible, and you need to walk around the building numerous times to take it all in. What's more, as the sun moves over the sky, the lights dance on its surface, greatly changing its appearance. If you look at it, turn around, then turn back around ten minutes later, it will be a completely different building. Still just as beautiful, still just as imposing.

The entire time I looked upon this magnificent structure, just one thought passed through my mind: The Panthers are hosed.

Rabindranath Tagore posted:

The Taj Mahal rises above the banks of the river like a solitary tear suspended on the cheek of time. Sort of a like a Brown's fan.

StarcraftM
Jan 15, 2008

Full Fuckin' Circle.
Eh, nice knowin' ya Dane Fletcher. Good multi-role LB but nothing special. Better coverage guy IIRC but with Collins, Mayo and Hightower he's expendable. Maybe Armond Armstead works out and Ninkovich moves back to full time LB too.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

FizFashizzle posted:

I saw the Taj Mahal this weekend.

It's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. Photos can't do it justice. Every angle is incredible, and you need to walk around the building numerous times to take it all in. What's more, as the sun moves over the sky, the lights dance on its surface, greatly changing its appearance. If you look at it, turn around, then turn back around ten minutes later, it will be a completely different building. Still just as beautiful, still just as imposing.

The entire time I looked upon this magnificent structure, just one thought passed through my mind: The Panthers are hosed.

My brother was playing Goodnight Saigon yesterday in the car when he heard the Panthers didn't get Nicks. He doesn't know much about NFL, but he knows enough to gently caress with me about it. Then he was giving me poo poo that Cam Newton was going to leave Carolina for Denver because they've got all the good receivers and playing in Carolina will make him want to go to an actual franchise that can get receivers.

The panthers could find the next Marques Colston right guys... right?.... guys?

:suicide:

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Rap posted:

That's the account of a Chiefs fan group, sounds about as reliable as Incarcerated Rob, Bob's knockoff
Cool story, but it's actually a very reliable source from Tampa that has broken a lot of things about the Chiefs first.

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!

LiquidFriend posted:

Cool story, but it's actually a very reliable source from Tampa that has broken a lot of things about the Chiefs first.

Is this really any different from any number of scenarios in which players visit other teams solely for leverage on $$/yr though? I mean, other than Sanders taking a deal that he decided was better after all?

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Homestar Runner posted:

Is this really any different from any number of scenarios in which players visit other teams solely for leverage on $$/yr though? I mean, other than Sanders taking a deal that he decided was better after all?
If he and his agent just took what the Chiefs were offering and shopped it around, that's fine and it happens all the time really. Coming to terms of a contract with a team than coming to terms of a contract with another team a few hours later is kind of hosed up.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

LiquidFriend posted:

Link me to the Twitter page then because I'm getting this: https://twitter.com/1_ChiefsKingdom

quote:

Marty McDonald
@1_ChiefsKingdom

Chiefs are 11-4 & Playoff Bound! We are the largest Chiefs fan group on Twitter! Go Chiefs! Welcome to The Chiefs Kingdom!

1 Arrowhead Drive
Glad you liked my story

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Rap posted:

Link me to the Twitter page then because I'm getting this: https://twitter.com/1_ChiefsKingdom

Glad you liked my story
You're not going to find it on his personal twitter page, as he was a lot more active during the end of the Pioli era and was posting what he knew on the SaveOurChiefs account.

If you really want people to vouch, go here and ask people if he's a hack: http://www.chiefsplanet.com/bb/index.php

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

LiquidFriend posted:

If you really want people to vouch, go here and ask people if he's a hack: http://www.chiefsplanet.com/bb/index.php

What fallacy is it when you appeal to something no one gives anywhere near enough of a gently caress to investigate?

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Volkerball posted:

What fallacy is it when you appeal to something no one gives anywhere near enough of a gently caress to investigate?
Apparently Rap gives a gently caress for some reason. :shrug:

MartyMac leaked a bunch of info about Pioli/Crennel and the Chiefs trying to trade for Tony Gonzalez last year. He has a good source (whoever it is) and it's basically not something lifted from a random fans twitter account. This is dumb and I'm not really going to drag this along any further.

LiquidFriend fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Mar 17, 2014

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Man, We've all been here.

I like the girl instantly just going "So now we have to cheer for Cam Newton!" :parrot:

Edit: "... I don't hate Cam Newton." :saddowns: It's gold. It's solid gold.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

shiksa posted:

I just want to see two Cromarties on one team, I don't really care who.
If his kids are old enough there's probably like 10 Cromarties on a peewee team.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Eifert Posting posted:

Man, We've all been here.

I like the girl instantly just going "So now we have to cheer for Cam Newton!" :parrot:

Edit: "... I don't hate Cam Newton." :saddowns: It's gold. It's solid gold.

That was posted (albeit in Youtube form) earlier, and last I heard Smith was trying to find a way to get in touch with the kid's dad and (through him) meet the kid. As sweet as that is, I want Cam to meet the awesome girl more.

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Someone needs to stop this! Sherman has lost his mind! Peyton is completely unable to defend himself out there!

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Can Seattle really afford the money Allen is looking for with all of those rookie contracts coming to roost soon?

They just restructured Zach Miller which leaves them ~20m in cap space for this year, but 10 a year for Allen is ludicrous. Too good to be true I suppose.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Fuuuuuck me the Giants are going to sign DRC

him and Thurmond and Amukamara gently caress. poo poo

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
It's pretty much a done deal that the Seahawks lose either Thomas or Sherman in 2015. I don't see how they can keep both of them and still field a team or retain their 2016 free agents. Seattle has 22 players reaching free agency in 2015, including Sherman, Thomas, Baldwin, Avril, and Maxwell. Just looking at the list I see almost a dozen that SOMEBODY'S gonna want to throw money at.

Cincinnati's in a similar position. 11 current or projected starters reach FA in 2015, including 4 pro-bowlers. Burfict, Green, Boling, and Dalton are clearly all a disaster if they're lost (Yeah, maybe it's better they lose Dalton but Mike and Marv aren't gonna see it that way unless he has a truly disastrous year). Robinson, Lamur, and Gresham are kind of a toss up. Peko, Maualuuauaga, BGE, Newman, and Nugent are obviously gone. It's going to be a nightmare. I hope they get a couple deals done this off-season, cause otherwise they'll definitely lose a few players that aren't expendable.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Eifert Posting posted:

It's pretty much a done deal that the Seahawks lose either Thomas or Sherman in 2015. I don't see how they can keep both of them and still field a team or retain their 2016 free agents. Seattle has 22 players reaching free agency in 2015, including Sherman, Thomas, Baldwin, Avril, and Maxwell. Just looking at the list I see almost a dozen that SOMEBODY'S gonna want to throw money at.

Cincinnati's in a similar position. 11 current or projected starters reach FA in 2015, including 4 pro-bowlers. Burfict, Green, Boling, and Dalton are clearly all a disaster if they're lost (Yeah, maybe it's better they lose Dalton but Mike and Marv aren't gonna see it that way unless he has a truly disastrous year). Robinson, Lamur, and Gresham are kind of a toss up. Peko, Maualuuauaga, BGE, Newman, and Nugent are obviously gone. It's going to be a nightmare. I hope they get a couple deals done this off-season, cause otherwise they'll definitely lose a few players that aren't expendable.

Boling is replaceable and may have already lost his job to Pollak, Robinson will come cheap, Lamur is a complete question mark but will probably also be cheap, Gresham will almost certainly walk, and Lawfirm and Peko are two of the worst contracts on the team anyway and them being gone makes the more important players easier to re-sign. If the team continues to draft even passably I don't see a real problem at all.

The real problem arises if Green or Burfict walk in a manner similar to Joseph did in which case gently caress this dumb team forever

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Someone needs to stop this! Sherman has lost his mind! Peyton is completely unable to defend himself out there!

Eifert Posting posted:

There is absolutely no way they lose Thomas and I think they'll bend over backwards to keep Sherman. Thomas will more than likely get his deal this year to stagger things with Sherman and Wilson. If they don't sign anyone they've got a reasonable amount of space to roll over. I really don't think their cap situation is that dire. They'll probably lose some decent players to FA, just like this year, but thus far they've done a great job developing depth (reminder that Byron Maxwell was 3 guys back on the CB depth chart to start the season.)

Also, Byrd's contract, and the contracts being handed out to most CB's this year, helped them out a bit WRT Shermand and Thomas.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

Boling is replaceable and may have already lost his job to Pollak.

Uh the website specifically said Alexander wants Pollack to play center. Boling was the best interior lineman on the team last year by a wide margin. I agree that Robinson will be cheap.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

Quest For Glory II posted:

Fuuuuuck me the Giants are going to sign DRC

him and Thurmond and Amukamara gently caress. poo poo

He's taking a physical with them today but has no agreement. He took a physical with the Jets Saturday. We'll see.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Of course, DRC is great before he's an Eagle. He loving blows and become one of the worst CB's in football as an Eagle and the first year he's not in Philly, he goes back to being one of the best in the league.

And now, he's trying to get back into the NFC East. Good luck with DeSean & Maclin, bitch. :911:

PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo
I know it isn't Free Agent related but:

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter
Authorities say Indianapolis Colts owner Jim Irsay is in jail after being stopped for suspected drunken driving Sunday night.

What a loving tool.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

PantsFreeZone posted:

Authorities say Indianapolis Colts owner Jim Irsay is in jail after being stopped for suspected drunken driving Sunday night.

What a loving tool.

this is the least surprising thing I have ever read

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

89 posted:

Of course, DRC is great before he's an Eagle. He loving blows and become one of the worst CB's in football as an Eagle and the first year he's not in Philly, he goes back to being one of the best in the league.

And now, he's trying to get back into the NFC East. Good luck with DeSean & Maclin, bitch. :911:

Well, you can blame that on the Eagles for using him incorrectly.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Listening to Eric Decker on the radio trying to say he wasn't motivated by money to sign with the Jets is hilarious.

He said all he cares about is winning games and Sedano called him out and said if you're motivated by winning why wouldn't you stay in Denver with the HoF QB. Decker scrambling for an answer was so awkward.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Denver never offered him a contract though. So that's probably why.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000
Guys who come out and say "I want to get paid" always seem to get poo poo on. Nothing wrong with wanting to get your cash, you have a short time here and the NFL isn't doing you any favors once you are gone.

Winning games is one of those "He's a team player!" cliches you have to toss around to the media or they write stupid things about you. Just be like Jim Morrison and get your kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Ozu posted:

Denver never offered him a contract though. So that's probably why.

nah he said he watched Geno's tape and said that was a big factor for picking the Jets

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
So the dude wants to relive his college days. Who doesn't?

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Ehud posted:

Listening to Eric Decker on the radio trying to say he wasn't motivated by money to sign with the Jets is hilarious.

He said all he cares about is winning games and Sedano called him out and said if you're motivated by winning why wouldn't you stay in Denver with the HoF QB. Decker scrambling for an answer was so awkward.
Decker has always been awkward when it comes to public speaking. Just listen to any interview he's done. He always sounds nervous and constantly stumbles over words.

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)

PantsFreeZone posted:

What a loving tool.

His mugshot lol: https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/445548173453697024/photo/1

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

He kinda looks like the bad guy from Avatar, only with a beard. Any reports of him screaming about "limp-dicked science majors" when he was brought in?

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

DangerKat posted:

So the dude wants to relive his college days. Who doesn't?

I mean say what you want about Geno, obviously he had a terrible year overall, but he really improved the last 5-6 games of the season. Plus he throws a real nice deep ball. Not saying this matters all that much, but I don't think that Geno is the hopeless case that many here think he is.

But yeah, I'm sure Decker would have gone back to Denver had they offered him something even close to what the Jets did.

Professor Funk fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Mar 17, 2014

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

he should've been arrested for that shirt

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

PantsFreeZone posted:

What a loving tool.

If only there were a thread for general NFL news where you could have talked about this.

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

E: whoops moving to N/V

Rasczak fucked around with this message at 15:13 on Mar 17, 2014

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Saints signed Strief according to Rapoport. I know the Jets were looking in to him at the beginning of free agency.

quote:

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 3m
The #Saints announced a five-year deal for OT Zach Strief this morning, and source says it's for $20.5M with $8.4M guaranteed. Solid.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
He didn't want to leave New Orleans at all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
Yeah what was Decker going to say, really. You have to go with some flavor of "Because I wanted to go to the coolest team ever". Sometimes the answer is more plausible or delivered more smoothly (Steve Smith & Ravens), but Decker couldn't say some flavor of the truth, i.e. "because the Jets would pay me, which they were willing to do because their other WR are pretty bad!" leading to the NY Post "Eric Pecker" headline etc.

• Locked thread