Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Boomerjinks posted:

Starsky and Hatch

I would rather own that than the F1 car. Seriously.

I'm broken.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyHopeful
Jun 24, 2007
May an IDF soldier mistakenly gun down my own parents and face no repercussions i'd totally be cool with it cuz accidents are unavoidable in a low-intensity conflict, man

PainterofCrap posted:

I would drive this until the wheels fell off.

I want this because I drove one in college. It is enormous.

'74 Plymouth Fury 2-door hardtop. Sold for $3200, dammit.

Pffft. My first car:

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

MrYenko posted:

I'm broken.

If you're broken, can I be your enabling shitbag friend who keeps dragging you into your crippling hatch addiction?

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Wasabi the J posted:

If you're broken, can I be your enabling shitbag friend who keeps dragging you into your crippling hatch addiction?

There's been a mid-late seventies- built street/strip Gremlin under a car cover in the driveway of a guy down the street from my parents since I was in elementary school. I should go down there and see if it's for sale. loving thing has ladder bars, slicks and skinnies, a bug catcher, the works. It would be amazing.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

MrYenko posted:

There's been a mid-late seventies- built street/strip Gremlin under a car cover in the driveway of a guy down the street from my parents since I was in elementary school. I should go down there and see if it's for sale. loving thing has ladder bars, slicks and skinnies, a bug catcher, the works. It would be amazing.

If you don't at least let me know what kind of condition it's in, I would like to financially ruin myself making the AMX GT a reality.

Fattig
Oct 10, 2012

MrYenko posted:

I'm broken.

Well, I would use the word pragmatic. The F1 car comes with astronomical running costs and is not very fun to drive until you go balls to the wall fast (don't quote me on that).

But I feel your pain :D

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
I work at a pretty bottom barrel shop so its not often we have these come in.

PO had put four inch blocks under the rear springs and he wanted them gone.
We were pretty busy so I didnt have time to take proper pics of it and not thats its particularly rare but that ornament/hood combo is just plane sex.

56 Olds NinetyEight Holiday.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

That particular hood ornament has always made me think of this:

Root Bear
Nov 15, 2004

DARKEST SKETCH
It's about that time of year at work again :circlefap:

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски

Root Bear posted:

It's about that time of year at work again :circlefap:

Yours is nicer than mine.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Wasabi the J posted:

I love the paint on this. It's amaaaaaaaaaaaaaazing.

Also I apologise if this isn't to everyone's taste but it's pretty loving mean looking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUZxPWoUdnw

And before anyone says it, it's an S14 with S15 bits on it.

Olympic Mathlete fucked around with this message at 11:26 on Mar 23, 2014

Fattig
Oct 10, 2012

88h88 posted:

Also I apologise if this isn't to everyone's taste but it's pretty loving mean looking.

All I can think is
Rahu Weruto

Which is so meta that I don't know what to do with myself.

Edit:
Would have been even better if the car had been modded in Germany.

Fattig fucked around with this message at 13:02 on Mar 23, 2014

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak

88h88 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUZxPWoUdnw

That's awesome, but its definitely an s15 all round.

Unless they have thrown the whole shell on an s14 chassis, but that would be a whole lot of effort instead of using an s15 straight up.

E: which they basically did. Holy gently caress that car us mental.

http://www.speedhunters.com/2013/11/the-bespoke-touch-brill-steel-carbon-s14/

Puddin fucked around with this message at 14:35 on Mar 23, 2014

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

I can't stop looking at that empty hole where the corner marker should go.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
Guessing it just came from paint.

Here, have a corner marker.

SyHopeful
Jun 24, 2007
May an IDF soldier mistakenly gun down my own parents and face no repercussions i'd totally be cool with it cuz accidents are unavoidable in a low-intensity conflict, man
So hey folks, what did I find?

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Now that is what I call an industrial-strength heatgun.

jammyozzy
Dec 7, 2006

Is that a challenge?
Alfa's triumphant return to the US looks a lot shabbier than I imagined.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

jammyozzy posted:

Alfa's triumphant return to the US looks a lot shabbier than I imagined.

It's a new feature, where the car looks like it's already been torched from the moment it rolls off the line. Insurance companies get to save money on all of the fire claims since now they just need to make it run - it doesn't look any different!

Mighty Horse
Jul 24, 2007

Speed, Class, Bankruptcy.
There have been rumors of a dodge or Chrysler badges cheaper version of the 4c. But its likely just a american spec 4c

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

IOwnCalculus posted:

It's a new feature, where the car looks like it's already been torched from the moment it rolls off the line. Insurance companies get to save money on all of the fire claims since now they just need to make it run - it doesn't look any different!
We are talking about Alfas here.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

That's random, my friend in Portland just literally posted some photos of it on Facebook that he got of it driving on the 5 south bound. He said the same thing, looks like an Alfa.

SyHopeful
Jun 24, 2007

Somewhat Heroic posted:

That's random, my friend in Portland just literally posted some photos of it on Facebook that he got of it driving on the 5 south bound. He said the same thing, looks like an Alfa.

Portland here too, this was down on Swan Island. I have no idea what to make of it.

Torn Quad Jones
Nov 2, 2011
Found three cool rides while filling up.

Artemis J Brassnuts
Jan 2, 2009
I regret😢 to inform📢 I am the most sexually🍆 vanilla 🍦straight 📏 dude😰 on the planet🌎

Mighty Horse posted:

There have been rumors of a dodge or Chrysler badges cheaper version of the 4c. But its likely just a american spec 4c
I don't think the Michigan plates on there are a coincidence.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Torn Quad Jones posted:

The fact that what appears to be a completely stock C5 Corvette makes this list breaks my brain.

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?
YOU DON'T KNOW SHIT ABOUT BEING HIP!

Torn Quad Jones posted:

This was the very first car I ever fell in love with :love:

Hirethor fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Mar 24, 2014

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.

Those wheels are ghastly.

rcman50166
Mar 23, 2010

by XyloJW

MrYenko posted:

The fact that what appears to be a completely stock C5 Corvette makes this list breaks my brain.

Yeah, I didn't want to say anything because I felt like I was missing something.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=daVDrGsaDME

Torn Quad Jones
Nov 2, 2011
16 year old me was deeply in love with c5's :saddowns:

Sole Survivor
Aug 21, 2009

Artemis J Brassnuts posted:

I don't think the Michigan plates on there are a coincidence.

Well since FCAs American operations are based in Auburn Hills, MI, it would probably make sense for the Manufacturer plates to come from MI.

I saw one of those 4C prototypes near Auburn Hills last fall, I doubt its more than doing some more US spec testing of the Alfa 4C.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

This is cool, but I can't imagine working on my car and stopping after every little thing I do to take a picture. Also, the ending is funny :)

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Torn Quad Jones posted:

16 year old me was deeply in love with c5's :saddowns:

I'm with you, aside from being older. I won't give mine up until I can afford a C7. As common as they are, they're still awesomely AI, as proven by the number of AIers who own one.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

what car was this going into? great video!

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
A Triumph Spitfire, apparently.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

So apparently my mom is friends with David Hobbs, former racing driver and current F1 commentator. Today in the mail I got these two cards from my mom, signed and personalized by Hobbs. A nice after-work surprise.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

BraveUlysses posted:

what car was this going into? great video!

All that work and he chucks in a used clutch.

Also 3 main bearings :suicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

Slavvy posted:

All that work and he chucks in a used clutch.

Also 3 main bearings :suicide:

My offroad truck has a used flywheel that came with the engine, a used clutch I bought for $30 off a friend, and a used pressure plate that I don't even remember the source of, but it sure wasn't either of the other donor vehicles :v:

Total preparation: angle grinder with wire wheel on the flywheel and PP, followed by a shop towel full of brakleen to remove any grease residue.

I've put ~30k on it and I haven't been nice to it, I'm severely undergeared due to the oversize tires and haven't spent the money for upgraded gearsets yet, so the clutch gets slipped a lot. Works fine.

I did put an all-new clutch setup in the cherokee though, since I depend on that thing for work.