Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Vertical Lime posted:

To be more specific

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
#Eagles will take a hard look at Mark Sanchez, having their team doc look at his medicals, source said. Could sign him (as @mortreport said)

e:

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
The #Eagles won't be alone in pursuit of Mark Sanchez, as others including the #Giants should be in the mix. Will be healthy for OTAs.

Why will he still be employed? He is absolutely terrible at his job.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

IT'S A MAD DASH

quote:

In addition to the Eagles, Rams, and Browns, the NY Daily News reports the Titans have "expressed real interest" in free agent Mark Sanchez.

In Tennessee, Sanchez would be the favorite to start over Charlie Whitehurst. Including the Giants -- as reported by NFL Network's Ian Rapoport -- this would put five teams on Sanchez's radar. Either Sanchez's agent is on absolute fire working media types at the NFL meetings in Orlando, or Sanchez is the hottest topic in the state of Florida. The Daily News' Manish Mehta reports Philly currently has an "edge" to land Sanchez, but it's "not a lock."

HappyHelmet
Apr 9, 2003

Hail to the king baby!
Grimey Drawer

Parmesan Basil posted:

Why is Mark Sanchez even a commodity? I would take Josh Freeman over him in a heartbeat. Plus there's a whole mess of dudes in the draft to be career backups for cheap.

GMs/Coaches who already have a clear starter seem to gravitate toward known commodities when looking for a back-up. It makes sense in that if your starter goes down you can already have a set of plays ready to go with the back-up that you know they can perform. As you can base it on their on-field play time.

Trotting a rookie out there with no on-field play time could result in any number of scenarios, and will be much harder to predict. Again this applies to teams who already have established QBs as starters. Teams still looking for their QB will be looking at those "career back-ups" and hoping to find a diamond in the rough.

As for Josh Freeman, I don't know why teams are not targeting him right now. His stock is probably pretty low given his putrid performances with the Vikings last year though.

Shyfted One
May 9, 2008
Best Player Available

Who will win the Mark Sanchez lottery?

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Rasczak posted:

N: New plan for Cowboys: Stephen Jones reveals Dallas steering away from players over 30 years old

V: It would've been nice if you made this decision before signing Weeden

I would have rather seen Josh Freeman as Romo's backup. He'd have time to sit and learn the system behind a Top 5 QB, and who knows, maybe he would pan out in a situation like that.

John Brown fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Mar 24, 2014

StarcraftM
Jan 15, 2008

Full Fuckin' Circle.
Only way MJD becomes a Patriot is if he takes the vet min. Pats could just be using him as leverage to get Blount to come down on price, too. Who knows.

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

John Brown posted:

I would have rather sees Josh Freeman as Romo's backup. He'd have time to sit and learn the system behind a Top 5 QB, and who knows, maybe he would pan out in a situation like that.

Yep, I definitely would've preferred Freeman over Weeds for a backup. Welp!

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

John Brown posted:

Why will he still be employed? He is absolutely terrible at his job.

Because, believe it or not, the worst starter in the league is still better than the hundreds of backups and arena players around the world. In fact Sanchez is probably in the top 1000 quarterbacks of history, if you include college and high schools.

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

What a weird signing for anyone to pick up Sanchez. Maybe another coach wants Sanchez to gently caress their wife's feet?

The guy is just not a great (good, or even mediocre) quarterback but I have to respect his ability to get paid.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Niners brought back Kassim Osgood, which is cool. Now draft two receivers and cut Jon Baldwin and we're good.

Prozach
Oct 30, 2013

When God invented Lycra, he was thinking about Divas matches.

Was that just bizarre wording, or is Tennessee actually starting Whitehurst over Locker? I'm guessing it's just a misspeaking issue.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Shyfted One posted:

Best Player Available

Who will win the Mark Sanchez lottery?

That's more like the Sliders lottery.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

quote:

The Bears converted $5M of Jay Cutler’s $22.5M base salary into a signing bonus, creating $4M in 2014 cap space.

Along with cutting Weems and Bennett, Bears probably going to make a move shortly.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

What if the Browns get him

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Sweeney Tom posted:

What if the Browns get him

They get to add two or three more names to the jersey next year.

HappyHelmet
Apr 9, 2003

Hail to the king baby!
Grimey Drawer
Didn't a few players from the Vikings last year complain a bit about Freeman's work ethic? That could be having an effect on why he has gotten much attention as well.

Toymachine
Jul 2, 2007

Warning - Posts created under the influence of Codeine and/or Skittles
Sanchez sucked his way into two AFC championship games so if you're gonna sign a terrible QB, you mind as well sign one who sucks in style.

superaielman
Mar 16, 2006

You can't harm me. Are you a fucking ass? Do you not know who I am? He must not know who I am.

superaielman posted:

It's a good thing, but the fact that the Packers got anything of value for Walden is theft.

They got a fifth for Walden :laffo: Thanks Colts. Also got a third rounder for Greg Jennings.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Does anybody have the Mark Sanchez accuracy heatmap that shows that he can't throw left (or right? I can't remember)

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

I'm expressing metaphoric interest in Sanchez to the Browns.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

MD2020 posted:

The team I root for appears to be actively getting rid of DeSean Jackson for no "known" reason and is in pursuit of Mark Sanchez.

What The gently caress.

There has to be SOMETHING wrong, I suppose.

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

superaielman posted:

They got a fifth for Walden :laffo: Thanks Colts. Also got a third rounder for Greg Jennings.

The best christmas

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
Steelers signed LB Arthur Moats from the Bills today. Any thoughts on him? Not familiar

Butthead
May 31, 2011

Dexo posted:

Along with cutting Weems and Bennett, Bears probably going to make a move shortly.

Jared Allen? Do they have the space for him? Last I heard, he was supposed to make a decision this past weekend, and it's now Monday. Something's got to be holding him up.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.
Eagles Add Veteran Fuckup

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Roasted Donut posted:

Steelers signed LB Arthur Moats from the Bills today. Any thoughts on him? Not familiar

He has a back tattoo that says "Don't Cross The Moats" which is pretty cool.

I'm also pretty sure he had his own website made when he was a special-teamer but I can't find it

HappyHelmet
Apr 9, 2003

Hail to the king baby!
Grimey Drawer

Butthead posted:

Jared Allen? Do they have the space for him? Last I heard, he was supposed to make a decision this past weekend, and it's now Monday. Something's got to be holding him up.

The dump truck full of money the Raiders are sending to his house got stuck in traffic so the news is being delayed.

Aniki
Mar 21, 2001

Wouldn't fit...

HappyHelmet posted:

Didn't a few players from the Vikings last year complain a bit about Freeman's work ethic? That could be having an effect on why he has gotten much attention as well.

I believe there were some rumors about that. He definitely has ability and put up big numbers in the past, so someone will give him a shot. I wish that the Vikings had given him a longer look in games last season, but maybe they saw enough in practice and off the field that they didn't want to commit to him.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Grozz Nuy posted:

Niners brought back Kassim Osgood, which is cool. Now draft two receivers and cut Jon Baldwin and we're good.

Is he still a special teams wizard?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Wait a second, Tennessee is down to starting Charlie Whitehurst?

I know I ignore them like everyone else but that is loving insane, I guess they've completely given up on Locker?

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
wrong thread

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Grittybeard posted:

Wait a second, Tennessee is down to starting Charlie Whitehurst?

I know I ignore them like everyone else but that is loving insane, I guess they've completely given up on Locker?

It was a mistake on the writer's part, Locker's still starting in Tennessee, although they're trying for competition and if they find it and Locker shows no improvement, this is probably his last year starting.

DupaDupa
May 21, 2009

I'm Samurai Mike
I stop 'em cold.

Dexo posted:

I can't find any reputable source but every Bears site has had chatter that the Bears are negotiating with James Ihedigbo. :shrug:

More likely they might be preparing to extend Marshall.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Somehow Ihedigbo transformed into a competent starter in his 9th year in the league. Any team with a need at SS should be happy to have him. Especially Detroit, seeing as how they have the DB coach that was responsible for his metamorphosis into a beautiful wood laying butterfly.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Hello friends, can anyone tell me what stupid poo poo the Cardinals have done so I can be mad at them? I've been busy with school so I haven't really had time to keep up with the offseason, thanks in advance!

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Ramadu posted:

Hello friends, can anyone tell me what stupid poo poo the Cardinals have done so I can be mad at them? I've been busy with school so I haven't really had time to keep up with the offseason, thanks in advance!

They've quietly had one of the best free agencies IMO

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
They signed a competent LT out from under the Raiders. Probably did other things too but I couldn't name them.

DupaDupa
May 21, 2009

I'm Samurai Mike
I stop 'em cold.
They signed a Cromartie to play opposite Peterson too.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Ramadu posted:

Nothing. They've done nothing wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
VINCE ANGRY. VINCE SMASH!

Boston Herald posted:

Following the initial discussion between the Patriots and Vince Wilfork over altering his contract, the nose tackle not only asked for his release, but also made a stop in the locker room to grab his belongings before walking out of Gillette Stadium.

According to two sources, an angry Wilfork ripped his name plate off his locker stall, and cleaned out his locker. That's how Big Vince felt about the proceedings. Naturally, time and distance can change perspective, but Wilfork seemed convinced he was done in New England

• Locked thread