Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

VogeGandire posted:

Really? You're arguing that is worse than Jun Kasai, a man who looks like his face has been replaced with a melted boot?

Better to have a melted face than to be the mayor of Nilbog.

Sin Limite is fantastic this month, starting with their plan to start out with the mailbag which gets delayed for about 10 minutes as Dave talks about Billy Robinson. The absolute highlight is Filthy Tom Lawlor breaking down the New Japan iPPV.

Edit: Mike has a really off day once Lawlor comes on.

Hahaha, holy poo poo Dave vanishes.

MassRafTer fucked around with this message at 09:14 on Mar 24, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

Thauros posted:

If you count old dead guys the French Angel comes to mind. He was rumored to have been the inspiration for Shrek but it's unconfirmed.

I was just reading through the thread on my phone and this visage literally made me rear back in my seat. More than "Shrek" alone, he looks to have been the inspiration for every image of an ogre in every fantasy that would follow. That is one unfortunate-looking man.

Ghostpilot fucked around with this message at 14:00 on Mar 24, 2014

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Great Sin Limite this week, poor Mike being left all alone haha

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Bryan and Vinny have never sounded more like two 40 year old men than they did at the start of last night's B&V. One guy who kinda understands technology enough to be sold a bunch of stuff he probably doesn't need trying to educate another who has no clue.

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

New OSW Review!

It's the WWE Scooby Doo movie

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Gaz-L posted:

Bryan and Vinny have never sounded more like two 40 year old men than they did at the start of last night's B&V. One guy who kinda understands technology enough to be sold a bunch of stuff he probably doesn't need trying to educate another who has no clue.

I am pretty sure Bryan will buy anything with an apple on it.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I assume he previously had like a 15 year old b-class router and was confused as to why he was only getting 5 megabit.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
New OSW Review on Scooby Doo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQhf4wQPgPo

Get into Computers.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Oh my god the Vince Verhei mark on the call in show like 35 minutes in.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Worked Shoot Radio does RAW for 03-24-14.
http://shootcast.org/wwe-monday-night-raw-for-03-24-14/

or direct link:

http://shootcast.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/032414-WorkedShootRadio.mp3

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Hulkamatt is boycotting WWE until Daniel Bryan is back on Raw and the Goog was too angry about the Bad Luck Fale push to do the show so tonight it's a two man booth with KungFuGrip!

Tonight we discuss, mostly not in this order:

-Raw, dissecting all the main angles, matches and how this affects the build to Wrestlemania.
-ICONS: Hulk and Arnold
-The New Japan Cup
-Five Star Matches/4.75 Star Matches
-IN FOCUS: Comparing one match at Invasion Attack to one match at Wrestlemania.
-The Most Improved Wrestler of the Year
-What month do the ROH/NJPW shows happen?
-Who would we put in the casket to improve the Undertaker/Lesnar angle?
-The Braying Jackass of the Week Award.
-Why we know how to book New Japan better than Jado and Gedo.
-How we would fix the Nexus Angle.
-What's the next crowd participation sensation?
-The famous WCW arm wrestling tournament.
-Questions from our admirers
-AND SO MUCH MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's the whole show, there is actually no part 2! There will probably be a higher quality version up in the afternoon.

MassRafTer fucked around with this message at 09:51 on Mar 25, 2014

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

I generally like you, LL, and a lot of this is entertaining and well-taken, but every now and again you go off on things and complain about them when they're stupid things to complain about. Case in point, the Cena thing in the bathroom. Was it dumb on principle? Yes. But it's not comparable to any of the other examples because, unless I'm totally wrong which I don't think I am, Rowan was actually there watching him, and ran before Cena turned around all the way. It's not like Rowan was full body there in the mirror, his head was leaning around the corner. It's entirely possible Rowan was actually there.

I realize this is totally pot calling the kettle black, but you kinda ranted about something that was totally different (as I understood it) than any of the other examples you mentioned.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

The Undertaker magically appeared in an empty casket! I don't think we can say for sure that Rowan was really there.

I was not a fan of part 2 of Wrestleboxer Radio and played at 2.5x speed. :ohdear:

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Meltzer burying Cena's wrestling on Observer was something else. Normally, Meltzer is one of Cena's biggest supporters but he pulled no punches last night.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Hey Batista, are we ever going to get another Main Event Superstars podcast?

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

flashy_mcflash posted:

Hey Batista, are we ever going to get another Main Event Superstars podcast?

I'm brainstorming ways to bring it back.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

The Undertaker magically appeared in an empty casket! I don't think we can say for sure that Rowan was really there.

The whole "appearing in a mirror and then vanishing" segment was something that Taker started as far as I recall. If Bray and company has the abilities of Undertaker, which has been hinted to be the case, it'd be entirely possible for Sheepface to have been in Cena's head.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Batista posted:

I'm brainstorming ways to bring it back.

I hope so, it was a cool podcast and Main Event actually became a good show in the past few weeks.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

I was not a fan of part 2 of Wrestleboxer Radio and played at 2.5x speed. :ohdear:

That is disappointing, I thought this was the best show the two of us have done, definitely top two. Many people will complain about problems in wrestling, but we laid down some easy to implement solutions that would make WWE and NJPW better. This was a groundbreaking show. Pioneering.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Batista posted:

Meltzer burying Cena's wrestling on Observer was something else. Normally, Meltzer is one of Cena's biggest supporters but he pulled no punches last night.

What kind of stuff was he saying? I thought Cena was doing pretty well last night, if a little bit clunkier than usual.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

On the subject of a one-man announce team, as mentioned in the last Pisscast, when Lawler had his heart attack and Cole had to call things alone, did you feel he was improved by not having someone to bicker with?

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

NienNunb posted:

What kind of stuff was he saying? I thought Cena was doing pretty well last night, if a little bit clunkier than usual.

That something is seriously wrong with his shoulders, and the quality of his wrestling was as bad as a bad indy guy.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

NienNunb posted:

Dave basically said Cena looked like poo poo, his punches sucked, and it seems like he has messed up his shoulders. He says Cena has been pretty lackluster since returning from his injury, except for the house show match he saw him in which he thought was pretty good.

Dave guesses that Cena's heavy-lifting workouts are causing him to be lovely in the ring.

I do love when Dave analyses guys gym habits.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
If Cena has been lovely since coming back from injury, I wish most wrestlers were as lovely as he is.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I don't listen to Dave's stuff or read his writing. As far as he is concerned, I've always agreed that people who aren't wrestlers can recognize what a good match is, but he seems to be really off base with Cena. The words that are being attributed to him are not matching what I'm seeing in the ring.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

triplexpac posted:

Dave basically said Cena looked like poo poo, his punches sucked, and it seems like he has messed up his shoulders. He says Cena has been pretty lackluster since returning from his injury, except for the house show match he saw him in which he thought was pretty good.

Dave guesses that Cena's heavy-lifting workouts are causing him to be lovely in the ring.

I do love when Dave analyses guys gym habits.

The weird thing is Cena has been trying so hard but he's trying hard at the wrong things. The headscissors is cool to see him do once or twice, but in two straight matches for the same spot? At that point it looks like an awkward move by a guy who isn't that flexible. Do more cool power stuff instead.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Spikeguy posted:

I don't listen to Dave's stuff or read his writing. As far as he is concerned, I've always agreed that people who aren't wrestlers can recognize what a good match is, but he seems to be really off base with Cena. The words that are being attributed to him are not matching what I'm seeing in the ring.

Dave's been very complimentary to Cena's work in the past and has defended his push many times to Bryan and others. I don't think he's been as bad in the past couple months as Dave does, but his punches have looked pretty awful at times and that's been Dave's most frequent specific criticism.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I generally like you, LL, and a lot of this is entertaining and well-taken, but every now and again you go off on things and complain about them when they're stupid things to complain about. Case in point, the Cena thing in the bathroom. Was it dumb on principle? Yes. But it's not comparable to any of the other examples because, unless I'm totally wrong which I don't think I am, Rowan was actually there watching him, and ran before Cena turned around all the way. It's not like Rowan was full body there in the mirror, his head was leaning around the corner. It's entirely possible Rowan was actually there.

I realize this is totally pot calling the kettle black, but you kinda ranted about something that was totally different (as I understood it) than any of the other examples you mentioned.
That's totally fair. Complaining about things that don't really matter is kind of my modus operandi and having slept on it, this was certainly not on the level of Warrior in the mirror, Kane's flashback, or Vince seeing his younger self.

Edit: Weird. Our theme music didn't work, and there's an awkward silence there instead. I'll fix this.

Edit 2: Fixed.

LividLiquid fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Mar 25, 2014

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool

MassRafTer posted:

The weird thing is Cena has been trying so hard but he's trying hard at the wrong things. The headscissors is cool to see him do once or twice, but in two straight matches for the same spot? At that point it looks like an awkward move by a guy who isn't that flexible. Do more cool power stuff instead.

I am in complete agreement with this. I would rather see Cena do more cool power suplexy things than a hurricanrana. When he does it, I just get confused like, "What are you doing that for?"

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I wonder if Dave knows more than he's letting on in regards to Cena.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

MassRafTer posted:

It's especially weird because Cena has also added more power move stuff into his comeback. He's started hitting lariats in big matches and has the half-nelson neckbreaker, for example.

also if you want to do a podcast about how underappreciated Pearl Jam's post-Vitalogy work is then I'm your guy

oatgan fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Mar 25, 2014

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

oatgan posted:

It's especially weird because Cena has also added more power move stuff into his comeback. He's started hitting lariats in big matches and has the half-nelson neckbreaker, for example.

also if you want to do a podcast about how underappreciated Pearl Jam's post-Vitalogy work is then I'm your guy

That lariat last night was really vicious, I forgot about that.

I hope you are prepared to talk about Love Boat Captain for half an hour.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

MassRafTer posted:

take the reigns, and steer us toward the clear

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
WWE podcast with Lita was pretty good even if the big 'surprise' was pretty obvious. Trish is inducting Lita

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

Hulkamatt is boycotting WWE until Daniel Bryan is back on Raw and the Goog was too angry about the Bad Luck Fale push to do the show so tonight it's a two man booth with KungFuGrip!

I've been avoiding New Japan Cup results so that I can be surprised at the results but... what? Did they really push Fale?

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

MassRafTer posted:

I did like that he essentially took the moves of former rivals, the Batista Bomb, the Clothsline from Hell and incorporated them into his moveset. Of course now he can't use the Bomb since Batista is back, But gently caress, I think that's a pretty interesting gimmick moveset wise to give personality,

I think it's like... yes well done Cena you can throw a Hurricanrana, that's very impressive for a man your size. But the move has like no loving impact when he hits it. He's also not Goldust, the move is very clunky, I swore I believe in the Punk match, when he was throwing him, he basically had landed on his back and was rolling through.

I mean... his Lariat is loving brutal. Focus more on the moves he can make look really good.

And yeah something seems up with his punches. Lackluster since he came back though? gently caress no.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
Ten Count Question: Should Jim Johnston be inducted into either WWE/Observer Hall of Fame? Will he?

your friend sk
Dec 10, 2005

(ヤイケス!)

Capsaicin posted:

Ten Count Question: Should Jim Johnston be inducted into either WWE/Observer Hall of Fame? Will he?

He should be inducted into the WWE HOF and I think (hope) he will be when he retires.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

I feel we discussed that a long time ago but it may have been off the air.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!
No, I remember you guys talking about it in one episode.

EDIT: It was episode 24.

Draga fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Mar 26, 2014

• Locked thread