Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Wait when did we get Trindon Holliday? You mean to tell me we actually have a legitimate return man now instead of using our stable of gimped RBs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

...no, because you signed Trindon Holliday.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Doltos posted:

Wait when did we get Trindon Holliday? You mean to tell me we actually have a legitimate return man now instead of using our stable of gimped RBs?

We picked him up like a day before we signed DRC. I didn't notice it either until a Broncos fan friend told me "good luck with tiny man"

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

More chances for opposing punters to feel like a big man.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Doltos posted:

Lol. I can't wait until he fumbles twice in a game for you.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

New Raiders CB Carlos Rogers gets $1 mil guaranteed in his 1-year, $2.5 mil deal.

antisocial
May 26, 2004

Only pretending to be the world's worst poster!
Keep it on the down low (down low)
Nobody has to know...

Chichevache posted:

The Giants also signed Quinton Demps so that may split KR opportunities....

so he'll probably only be able to fumble once a game.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

antisocial posted:

Are the Giants now the Broncos East with the signings Robert Ayers, Trindon Holliday, Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, and J.D. Walton?
You guys also have the inferior Manning brother. Thanks Obama

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
My parents bought me Hornets gear for Christmas in 1992 because I loved the colors. That's my non-football related post of the day.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Atticus Finch posted:

Robert Ayers signs with the Giants. 2 year deal.

...I had a Charlotte Hornets starter jacket as a kid. What the gently caress is happening.

Holy poo poo, so did I, and I grew up in Massachusetts. It's gotta be the turquoise, because I owned at least two different Hornets ball caps too.

Shath Hole posted:

Was it this one? That's the one I had.

I forgot all about the jacket I had...I just remembered the bad rear end hat. That right there is called swagger, folks!

Jesus Christ I owned both the jacket and the hat. I have to leave now, you people are starting to scare me.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
Let's get this out of the way, everybody had Hornets stuff in the 90s because purple and teal is dope and people like to look dope.

antisocial
May 26, 2004

Only pretending to be the world's worst poster!
Keep it on the down low (down low)
Nobody has to know...

Chris Gaines posted:

You guys also have the inferior Manning brother. Thanks Obama
blahblahblah...rings...blahblah...Eli beat Tom Brady twice. Peyton could only beat Rex Grossman...so you see...

Jerome Agricola
Apr 11, 2010

Seriously,

who dat?

shiksa posted:

Let's get this out of the way, everybody had Hornets stuff in the 90s because purple and teal is dope and people like to look dope.

True. Even I had a Hornets cap and I was a little malnourished kid in Finland who knew gently caress-all about basketball (except Lakers vs. Celtics on PC). Mine was white, though.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

@MiamiDolphins: Please welcome OT @JasonFox70 to the Miami Dolphins! #FinsUp

depth signing

wukkar
Nov 27, 2009
Was I the only one with the Phoenix Suns jacket?

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

wukkar posted:

No, actually. One of my best friends growing up had the Suns version of that Hornets jacket.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

wukkar posted:

I remember seeing Suns stuff when I was a kid, so I don't think so. It is kind of surprising to hear about all these goons with Hornets poo poo, because I feel like there wasn't anyone else wearing them at the time I was. It also could be that I was a young idiot and just wasn't paying attention, but at least in Chicagoland area, I don't recall seeing a lot of people in Hornets swag.

e:

KJ's were the poo poo back in the day as well!

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
I think the mid-90s Bulls might've been enough to cancel out the Hornets gear everywhere else.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I was Virginia in the mid-90s so that stuff was everywhere. Then I moved to Pennsylvania and never saw an NBA related thing again.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

antisocial posted:

blahblahblah...rings...blahblah...Eli beat Tom Brady twice. Peyton could only beat Rex Grossman...so you see...
That's why I ended my post with "Thanks Obama", brother. Watch some Fox News for once!

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I mean as a #2 who can actually catch a thrown football he'd be an addition to the RB corps. Chris Ivory still owns though.

@JasonLaCanfora
Still expecting Chris Johnson's release to come this week. When it does, look for the Jets to pounce on the RB. Would be a strong fit

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

Chris Johnson would actually be a good pickup for anyone without a decent workhorse RB. He's not nearly 2009 good, but if he's released he won't have that ludicrous contract.

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!

Blarfk posted:

Is there any chance in the universe they could afford him at this point?

Apparently, there is a 100% chance they could afford him.

Rotoworld posted:

Steelers signed WR Darrius Heyward-Bey, formerly of the Colts, to a one-year contract.
Heyward-Bey, the former No. 7 overall pick of the Raiders, is a case of a player whose name is far bigger than his game. DHB started the first ten games of the season for the Colts in 2013 but was finally benched and played a total of 32 offensive snaps the final four games. He caught 29 passes for 309 yards and one score in 2013 but dropped nine passes. DHB will compete for a spot.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Ehud posted:

@MiamiDolphins: Please welcome OT @JasonFox70 to the Miami Dolphins! #FinsUp

depth signing

Now the Dolphins have two injury-prone-to-the-point-of-absurdity ex-Lions on their roster. Fox (and Delmas) are talented when they get on the field, though.

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

Ozu posted:

I mean as a #2 who can actually catch a thrown football he'd be an addition to the RB corps. Chris Ivory still owns though.

@JasonLaCanfora
Still expecting Chris Johnson's release to come this week. When it does, look for the Jets to pounce on the RB. Would be a strong fit

Idzik will try to pounce on that after a trip to 7-11 by offering $20, a scratch-off and (most of) a Super Big Gulp

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Zypher posted:

Apparently, there is a 100% chance they could afford him.

Oh wow great signing for Pittsburgh. They've needed a replacement for Limas Sweed for a while

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Cruel and Unusual posted:

Now the Dolphins have two injury-prone-to-the-point-of-absurdity ex-Lions on their roster. Fox (and Delmas) are talented when they get on the field, though.

don't worry

@JamesWalkerNFL: New #Dolphins OT Jason Fox says he feels "100 percent" and believes his injuries issues are behind him.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Oh my god well I'm convinced thanks jason

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

I can't believe the dolphins signed the little brother from the foxtrot comics. He's not real guys! #smdh

turbomoose
Nov 29, 2008
Playing the banjo can be a relaxing activity and create lifelong friendships!
\
:backtowork:

Rasczak posted:

Idzik will try to pounce on that after a trip to 7-11 by offering $20, a scratch-off and (most of) a Super Big Gulp

I bet Idzik steals sips from the 7-11

swampface
Apr 30, 2005

Soiled Meat

Lions sign Dan Orlovsky to a one year deal.

Nawid
Mar 27, 2011
I think if Orlovsky started that season, Colts would not have gotten Luck.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Chichevache posted:

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Same.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT

swampface posted:

Lions sign Dan Orlovsky to a one year deal.

YES BEST DAY EVER

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
I need that picture to put right next to the Wayne Fontes signed mini helmet he drew a frowny face on.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

What do TFFers think about DeSean Jackson to WAS deal? Skins have a lot of needs but since it seems to me like the strength of their team is on offense and it's overall structured around having a good offense, and when they did well was when they could control games with their offense both putting up points and having long drives during RG3's rookie year, so even though their defense is still weak they should try first to make the offense work, both by having a decent receiver corps, and/or by trying to beef up their O-line so RG3 doesn't get crushed so bad all the time.

Seems to me like the idea behind it at least makes sense based on them having only Garcon and an 90 year old Santana Moss, and a potentially promising tight end.

gohuskies
Oct 23, 2010

I spend a lot of time making posts to justify why I'm not a self centered shithead that just wants to act like COVID isn't a thing.
Rumors on Twitter of an Earl Thomas contract extension. Earl himself is not quashing them:

quote:

Earl Thomas ‏@Earl_Thomas 1h

Today feels like Christmas...

https://twitter.com/Earl_Thomas/status/451455194111307777

My hopes are up!

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Dan Orlovsky can throw the ball really far downfield and I'm really loving psyched for that if/when Staff gets hurt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toymachine
Jul 2, 2007

Warning - Posts created under the influence of Codeine and/or Skittles

shiksa posted:

This is true. I was recently sorting through stuff at my mom's house and found my old mid-90's Alonzo Mourning Hornets jersey. Best part is it still fits! Thank god for being a fat kid.

• Locked thread