Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Not supposed to be here today

SynthOrange posted:

edit: And clawed my way up to #10 on hard mode by doing the torch missions before running out of heals. Looks like that's it for me.

Half of why I haven't done great in these events is that I've been going out to the prologue to heal between most fights if I took significant damage because I want to hold onto my healing buffer.

The other half is the crappy character selection.

Still, should get 4 covers tonight even if Pizza Dog doesn't come through- top 5 in PVP and top 100 in the PVEs.

Edit: though we're actually really close to the cover in Deadly and, particularly, in PVP if anyone who hasn't been playing joins in the next half hour.

Sefer fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Apr 14, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider

Sefer posted:

Half of why I haven't done great in these events is that I've been going out to the prologue to heal between most fights if I took significant damage because I want to hold onto my healing buffer.

The other half is the crappy character selection.

Still, should get 4 covers tonight even if Pizza Dog doesn't come through- top 5 in PVP and top 100 in the PVEs.

Edit: though we're actually really close to the cover in Deadly and, particularly, in PVP if anyone who hasn't been playing joins in the next half hour.

Our best option is the PVP top 100. We're at like 103.

But it's all lazycap so I'm not worried about these prizes.

G-Mawwwwwww fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Apr 14, 2014

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Yeah, I'm a lost cause in the Dark Avengers tournament. The fact that you're up against Dark Avengers in PvE which means you cant use them means that a lot of the time you cant use the characters you've levelled up, so you're discouraged from taking them far. As a result, my dark avengers are puny, underlevelled bozos.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
America PVP has Hulk as a reward and no character restrictions, which is a welcome change. I don't have any hulk red and that's the rank 50 reward, so I should be able to get one.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I'd forgotten all about the Dark Avengers tournament after getting frustrated with the lovely Venom line-up. Cranked up to 350 points in the final 15 minutes, hopefully enough to get Pizza Dog some nice goodies.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider

Sefer posted:

America PVP has Hulk as a reward and no character restrictions, which is a welcome change. I don't have any hulk red and that's the rank 50 reward, so I should be able to get one.

I really want a Hulk black so I can poo poo out greens one day.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Oh boy, looks like the desert terrain is back. :toot: Time to get Black Widow Grey out again.

Auritech
May 27, 2004

Blessed be the tailors
The masks are cut to fit

Blessed be the woodworkers
The crosses and the gallows

Blessed be the forgers of iron
And the spikes and the barbwire

Blessed be the stone cutters
It took a quarry to bury the dreams
I managed to squeeze out two Lazy Cap red covers by squeaking under the wire placements in the Venom Heroic Mode. Oh, you say there's a round two? :smithicide:

Happy Bear Suit
Jul 21, 2004

round 2 rewards should be lazythor

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006

Ghostlight posted:

I'd forgotten all about the Dark Avengers tournament after getting frustrated with the lovely Venom line-up. Cranked up to 350 points in the final 15 minutes, hopefully enough to get Pizza Dog some nice goodies.

We were in the 80s last I checked, up from 103 about a half hour out, so that worked!

Auritech posted:

I managed to squeeze out two Lazy Cap red covers by squeaking under the wire placements in the Venom Heroic Mode. Oh, you say there's a round two? :smithicide:

I don't even know if I'm hoping for another lineup this time. If they had good characters this time it could make a big difference, but if it's another set of crap characters then it's just someone else I need to level into usefulness so I can get anywhere.

CaptainScraps posted:

Just need Pizza Dog to hit top 100, which I imagine will be easier for us in this event.

Auritech
May 27, 2004

Blessed be the tailors
The masks are cut to fit

Blessed be the woodworkers
The crosses and the gallows

Blessed be the forgers of iron
And the spikes and the barbwire

Blessed be the stone cutters
It took a quarry to bury the dreams
...and the round 2 line up is the same as the last one. Ugh. Really?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Its a relief. I had been playing this way too much.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006

SynthOrange posted:

Its a relief. I had been playing this way too much.

Yeah, I'm full up on red LCaps (or will be once rewards finally finish processing) and the alliance didn't care enough to grab the cover reward last time. I'll probably still aim for the tokens, though.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

On the plus side, I dont feel bad about this. Alliance chat was basically 'gently caress these events!'

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider

SynthOrange posted:

On the plus side, I dont feel bad about this. Alliance chat was basically 'gently caress these events!'

Yep. It'll pick back up when flavor of the week kicks back in to get me to buy cover slots.

Cap is apparently one of the more popular characters.

But he's horrible.

Also I have to figure out what to do with this level 90 Black Panther because it's tougher than I thought to get 12 black.

Happy Bear Suit
Jul 21, 2004

I have to say that lazyCap is crazy strong and my first impressions are that he's gonna be part of my A-team roster. Fundamentally I hate how lazy and copy-paste the devs are, but stat-wise he's worth leveling up to 141. At that level his red does close to 3.5k damage every 3 turns. The AP-damage ratio doesn't get more efficient than this. And when you lay down blue shields in the corner they all stack up, and it can offer absurd protection.

I think my new favorite offensive team at the moment is Lazycap, Hood, and Patch. Patch blasts green, hood uses his yellow to blow up enemy attack tiles, lazycap uses his blue and red to overwrite enemy tiles, hood uses his black to speed up tile recovery, and while you're doing this all your attacks are being amplified by Patch's green attack tiles. The downsides are that there's no health regeneration, purple is wasted, and the computer won't be so smart with this defensively. But offensively I think it's a powerful build.

Future predictions: every team to beat will be composed of lv .141 lazythor, lazycap, and lazydaken.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

CaptainScraps posted:

Same. Sitting on 1g, 4r right now.

CaptainScraps posted:

Also I have to figure out what to do with this level 90 Black Panther because it's tougher than I thought to get 12 black.

There's a reason the MPQ forums changed his name to "Stormbeau" for April Fool's Day.
Yeah, she's a glass cannon, but for desert and jungle, she'll clear boards repeatedly and get you a good 15-20 black before she runs out of steam.

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Apr 14, 2014

Snowman95
Nov 25, 2004

Sindri posted:

Through careful saving of tournament/daily rewards, scrounged up enough to open up a sixth slot for PoorGoons.

New joiners welcome~ (well, one new joiner anyway).

joined as oooooooooo

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Mister Macys posted:

There's a reason the MPQ forums changed his name to "Stormbeau" for April Fool's Day.
That they were husband and wife during Dark Reign probably plays into it a little.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Who reads comics, that's for nerds. v:v:v

But they synergize crazy well.

ZorbaTHut
May 5, 2005

wake me when the world is saved

Never give up, never surrender!

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Happened to me too a few weeks ago. She's a lifesaver in PvE. :science:

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug
After not having anyone on my roster I particularly want to level right now, I've managed to save up about 35k ISO. If I instead chose to buy slightly less than that amount, I'd have to pay $89.98.

These guys have no idea how the concept of micro-transactions work, do they?

retro sexual
Mar 14, 2005
Is alliance chat working for anyone else? I write a message and hit send.. nothing

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

retro sexual posted:

Is alliance chat working for anyone else? I write a message and hit send.. nothing

Messages take a while to show up.

old chubbyknees
Jul 10, 2006
Who bez?
Super Goons have a spare spot and I'm saving up for another. Just drop your name in here

retro sexual
Mar 14, 2005

Largepotato posted:

Messages take a while to show up.

8 hours though?

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

retro sexual posted:

8 hours though?

Maybe it was funbalanced.

gibsonisacripple
Feb 24, 2001

CHAMPIONS

old chubbyknees posted:

Super Goons have a spare spot and I'm saving up for another. Just drop your name in here

Can I join? g4rg4r. Stinking up the Venom tournament because I don't have any of the characters but 34th with 316 in First Avenger.

DrowningHarvey
Mar 24, 2013

gibsonisacripple posted:

Can I join? g4rg4r.

Approved.

If there are any others wanting to join, stay in touch. We should have new slot(s) available soon.

Scob
Jul 17, 2005

We have another spot open in bad alliance if anyone is interested.

Rustallion
Sep 11, 2001
I'm relatively new, but can hopefully pull some weight. I sent a request as LuckyNed

ZorbaTHut
May 5, 2005

wake me when the world is saved

retro sexual posted:

I've noticed that (shockingly) their alliance chat code seems to be broken. I've seen people responding to things before I received the thing they responded to.

Close the app entirely - hit "back" until you're at your home page - and re-open it. That seems to redownload all the messages.

Happy Bear Suit
Jul 21, 2004

Hey guys,

I have been seeking a more competitive environment, and as such I feel it is time for me to rescind my membership to AgentsOfGOON. No hard feels. Hope you guys have fun, and Mark L I guess you're in!

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Any room where you went? :v:

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

Put in an app with G.O.O.N.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
I'm in G.O.O.N, it's 1800 to buy the next slot. There's 4 people pending and only one I have noticed post here (not to say the others haven't of course).

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
Great, this Heroic Mode is so loving terrible it's going to kill alliances.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Went from 675 to 425 in less than 8 hours in the cap event. What in the actual gently caress. Do I have to buy shields 1.5 days early?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Syrinxx posted:

Went from 675 to 425 in less than 8 hours in the cap event. What in the actual gently caress. Do I have to buy shields 1.5 days early?

The more people you attack, the more people will counter attack you.

I found the best thing to do is to get 200-300 points, wait until a day is left and make a big push. You can shield up if you start getting crabbed. Full day if you have enough points to keep your spot or a few hours if you need to heal your team.